Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
No, thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
https://twitter.com/michaelklamerus/status/1352752657082044418?s=21

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

actually yeah do that second one, it'd be hilarious

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

like within 2 years we'd have far-right militia groups smuggling people over the border to own the libs

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
YOSPOS > buttcoin: after speaking to counsel, we have decided these NFTs will be fungible

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Chalks posted:

seems like some of the breathless reporting of this would benefit from pointing this out but it's all just "wow i can't believe someone paid that much maybe this is the next big thing?" when the slightest investigation reveals it as a marketing stunt

as 0 readers here will be surprised to hear, the buyer has a track record of scamming. apparently - I need to verify - it's this guy

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

divabot posted:

as 0 readers here will be surprised to hear, the buyer has a track record of scamming. apparently - I need to verify - it's this guy

lol if true

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
has anyone said bucket coin yet

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
YOSPOS > Buttcoin:They are kindof a scam, butt only kindof

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Shame Boy posted:

just fyi that is, in fact, enough

um, ok? glad we agree then

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

divabot posted:

quote:

Hi,
I am working to hire an investigator and track down the money. Please contribute here. The private investigator requires $2500 down payment just to get started. Once we tract them down, we will hire an attorney to seize assets. They claimed to be a Canadian company, so there is a chance we can find them.

https://www.gofundme.com/investigation-of-coinsecom

Thanks
Isaiah

Sounds legit

($100 raised)

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
Amy Castor wrote it up last night. It's the same guy. The purchase was basically an ICO token pump. Also, Beeple owned 2% of the tokens as of January.

https://amycastor.com/2021/03/14/metakovan-the-mystery-beeple-art-buyer-and-his-nft-defi-scheme/

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Met Beeple on a number of occasions

nice dude, goony. Always drunk

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Alan Smithee posted:

Met Beeple on a number of occasions

nice dude, goony. Always drunk

Also, surprisingly down to earth, and VERY funny.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

goblin week posted:

NFTs were created to combat the narrative that individual choices don’t matter when 100 companies create 70% of world’s emissions

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
"Art galleries have ripped off artists for years"

"Oh so NFTs will fix that"

"Well, no, actually it's worse, but it's good for bitcoin"

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Hammerite posted:

um, ok? glad we agree then

i meant the first part was enough to determine the guy was prolly racist, but at the same time i also slightly misread the post so my reply didn't really make sense, and also i don't actually care that much, so whatever :shrug:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
artists, you hsve been taken advantage of for decades, so that hopefully means you will be fine with me doing it, so here's this thing called nft...

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

Shame Boy posted:

i meant the first part was enough to determine the guy was prolly racist, but at the same time i also slightly misread the post so my reply didn't really make sense, and also i don't actually care that much, so whatever :shrug:

let's agree to not care, about the buttcoin guy, together.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Hammerite posted:

let's agree to not care, about the buttcoin guy, together.

:hai:

divabot posted:

Amy Castor wrote it up last night. It's the same guy. The purchase was basically an ICO token pump. Also, Beeple owned 2% of the tokens as of January.

https://amycastor.com/2021/03/14/metakovan-the-mystery-beeple-art-buyer-and-his-nft-defi-scheme/

https://twitter.com/justinsuntron/status/1370228388883918848

why would you write "million" as MIL

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Would you prefer millionen?

catspleen
Sep 12, 2003

I orphaned his children. I widowed his wife.

I starting to think a lot of these people aren’t acting in good faith here.

:ohdear:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

quote:

Lendroid powers WhaleStreet, an Ethereum-based platform for token swaps—like if you wanted to trade ETH for another ERC-20 token. WhaleStreet has its own native “yield-farming token” called Shrimp, which you need to acquire before you can purchase other DeFi tokens on the platform.

gotta convert my eth to shrimps to farm yield on the lendroid whalestreet so i can swap tokens

catspleen
Sep 12, 2003

I orphaned his children. I widowed his wife.

the best and freshest seafood themed crypto

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Shame Boy posted:

gotta convert my eth to shrimps to farm yield on the lendroid whalestreet so i can swap tokens

the more strange terms you use in conversation the easier it is to pretend you're gordon gekko.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

catspleen posted:

the best and freshest seafood themed crypto

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAIi2A3Jww4

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
lmao my friend’s boss was loving around with NFTs and got popped. 90% sure they just reused their linkedin password

https://twitter.com/michaelmiraflor/status/1371199359996456960

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
What a guy.
https://twitter.com/michaelmiraflor/status/1371283961855365138?s=20

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
why does this man not realize that dunking on strangers is fun as hell and leads to improved quality of life

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

EorayMel posted:

2019 with a bigger bar

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Shame Boy posted:

Even Bubba Blue wouldn’t like that shrimp.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

EorayMel posted:

Unironically yes

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Lmao

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
Must be nearly time for the bubble to pop, if ordinary (not super-online) morons are putting in money and getting burned. you would think

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.
maybe there is no bubble, or at least society has become insane enough that the speculative fever never snaps away for enough people that the bubble actually pops, meaning there is no bubble

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
you mean we should have bought :ohdear:

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012
Some of the most dangerous words in finance are ‘this time it’s different’

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic
butts are a new scam from the original dot com people. people early made billions and some genius got millions of dollars for an “under construction” animated gif. people made money sitting with a HTML book open on the table and an open Notepad program. if you did anything single task with DOS besides c:\win you were the “expert.” People ignorant of desktop PCs heard about this new tech with buzzwords they didn’t understand and just started throwing money at people that used the buzzwords, including stealing the family fortune to invest more, buying at the peak and selling at the lows. Institutions made money only because they had capital to lose multiple times and then catch a break.

some butt early adopters made money. some guy made millions of American dollars on a trading card website with his cat. people who barely understood money were able to impress the tech illiterate for simply mining with an old processor and got money from VC’s to mine with more power, and the arm’s race began. idiots bought graphics cards instead of food for the kids. dude almost died from cooking his brain with strawberries. mark did nothing wrong. pump and dumps, and straight up Ponzi schemes and even outright theft and losing thousands to bad typing errors. people listened to number go up and paid no attention to the vast majority that lost everything. pump and dumps. now we have hedge funds with billions manipulating to steal from amateurs.

every day people lose money while others get rich. the “stablecoin” ripoff manipulation of the price will not stop. NFTs are stupid as gently caress. the dot com folks are even dumber with the ideas. I just hope the hedge funds win. their money isn’t actually their’s. hopefully they take their winnings out before tether pops, and I only say that because it could really really hurt the economy of the world if real money of that amount disappears. I shouldn’t have to worry that my 97 y/o Granny might actually live during another Great Depression with a bonus of COVID-19. it just gets dumber every day. I’m against the Paris Accords (not the aim, but the process to those aims), and even I can almost not fathom the energy wastage and pollution mining and NFTs cause. some dork with a birdbath thinks he’ll be Bruce Wayne or Rorschach and lord over Chad, and because of the embarrassment of obesity or pimples in high school we won’t have to wipe ourselves out in war, the folks with an A+ cert and incel anger will do it for us.

Goddamn I hate cryptocurrency.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

a neurotic ai posted:

Some of the most dangerous words in finance are ‘this time it’s different’

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i dont keep up to date with this stuff and i only learned today that binance isn't just a shitpost meme lol