Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

John Murdoch posted:

:hmmyes:

I completely forgot about the mission in 4.1 where you just have to scramble while the giant lizard does his thing and everyone goes "oh gently caress what are we gonna do about THAT??"

That's what I love about EDF, it's a constant chain of "what are these things? Shoot it!" --> "we're kinda figuring it out, shoot some more while we work on it." --> "Okay I think we know what's going on, shoot these while we deploy the plan." --> "Great we're on top of tho--- WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?" --> repeat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
Best part of EDF 4.1 is the sniper rifle that shoots 10 beams of lightning that ricochet off walls. Take it to the underground missions, fire it once and clear a room 5 tunnels and 3 screens away. It's my favorite weapon for the kill the wasp queen mission. No dodging spikes needed; just fire it around the corner on cooldown until you win.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So there is not much difference between EDF 4.1 and 5? Trying to decide if I want one or the other during the last hours. I think I did play 4 on console previously

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Unlucky7 posted:

So there is not much difference between EDF 4.1 and 5? Trying to decide if I want one or the other during the last hours. I think I did play 4 on console previously

Both are good but 5's got more QoL features

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
EDF 5 is overall somewhat more player-friendly, with things like crate collection also giving you partial credit towards leveling up the other character classes instead of only the one that you're currently playing. They're mostly very similar games, but if you had to choose one, I'd recommend just going straight to EDF 5.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Unlucky7 posted:

5 finally gets rid of hectors and replaces them with bigass frogs that get dismembered and flood the place with bright purple blood while the EDF command chatters on the radio about how they're "just like humans".

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

Unlucky7 posted:

Both games are good. Play both of them.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Unlucky7 posted:

If you're a big fan of Wing Diver, 5 adds an aerial dash and certain jetpacks have bonuses to it, allowing infinite air time and height gain. It's possible to use this to cheese certain missions on Inferno, allowing access to Inferno tier weapons way before any other classes could.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

You two are making this way more complicated than you need it to be

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

explosivo posted:

I can't stop playing Snowrunner, the power creep as you find new upgrades and unlock new trucks is real satisfying. It's almost like a Metroid thing because you can backtrack and get to new places with certain upgrades you didn't have before. The gameplay is still just driving trucks around and getting stuck in mud which I find fun, but the constant reinforcement of levels, unlocks, and new tasks is why I've played this game for 50 hours and Spintires for only maybe 5.

The thing I really want that will never happen is a management meta-layer to this game; let me run a business with AI drivers like Truck Sim and upgrade factories as I supply them like Transport Tycoon. This isn't that game at all but I keep thinking about it.

Oh man, :same:

Hell, doesn’t even have to be a trucking business you’re running, if they had a few options and each type of business would generate different kinds of truck missions in the world to support it I don’t think I’d ever stop playing.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Unlucky7 posted:

The weapon drop range for 4.1 in Inferno missions are 60 levels with low-tier weapons. Weapons in EDF5 are spread out in 25 levels for each difficulty. You can expect something getting upgraded in EDF5 each mission.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Devotion is back, buy the game before Chinese nationalists break the website:
https://shop.redcandlegames.com/

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012

fez_machine posted:

Devotion is back, buy the game before Chinese nationalists break the website:
https://shop.redcandlegames.com/

Trying to jump on this, but their website's struggling for me. Hopefully that's a good thing :ohdear:

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Trickyblackjack posted:

Trying to jump on this, but their website's struggling for me. Hopefully that's a good thing :ohdear:

I managed to buy it and downloaded all versions for the future

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

bamhand posted:

Don't all your overflow trophies instantly turn into resources? You can get +30 trophies easily per loop.

Excess items are scrapped. Lots of trophies get converted into better quality loot via some arcane exchange rate.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Rogue is better for farming metal early on, but later when you can fill the entire stage with mobs, warrior or necro should be better.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Getting enough for a warehouse should not be a big deal for rogue though. I think I got it in 3 or 4 runs?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Starting Dying Light for what must be at least the third time, this time imma actually finish it. Originally installed it and played a bit before deciding I should do it co-op. Then me and my brother played it for a few hours before stopping for no explainable reason. Now this, this is the run!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Anybody else having trouble staying signed in to Steam? Every time I visit the website it makes me log in. I always click the remember me checkbox but it doesn't seem to stick.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

ultrafilter posted:

Anybody else having trouble staying signed in to Steam? Every time I visit the website it makes me log in. I always click the remember me checkbox but it doesn't seem to stick.

I get logged out about once every week and I have to re-login every time I want to buy something. Really annoying.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

ultrafilter posted:

Yeah I had to relog in earlier today. Reading your post i opened up a new tab and it's asking me to log in again. Weird.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Seems unlikely if you've not received any warnings or voted for anybody but might want to redo your passwords just in case.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Orv posted:

Seems unlikely if you've not received any warnings or voted for anybody but might want to redo your passwords just in case.

To assuage that fear, you can look at your Login History

Orv
May 4, 2011
Your what

Goddamnit since when?

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Orv posted:

Your what

Goddamnit since when?

Steam made ton of account data easily accessible from one page in early 2018.
https://help.steampowered.com/en/accountdata

Orv
May 4, 2011
Huh, well that's super useful, thanks to you both. Shows how often I've dug around in Steam the last couple years.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

goon made roguelike tangledeep is on a big sale this week https://store.steampowered.com/app/628770/Tangledeep/

cool game for extremely cheap check it out and support goon devs

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Getting a small tax refund this year, and I'm thinking about spending it on one of those Elite xbox controllers, the $150(?) ones. Any comment on the actual value of those things? They seemed pretty well regarded

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

Getting a small tax refund this year, and I'm thinking about spending it on one of those Elite xbox controllers, the $150(?) ones. Any comment on the actual value of those things? They seemed pretty well regarded

havent used one myself, but from what Ive seen other goons post, it might be a mixed bag. Apparently the build feels great and the controller has a very good heft, but there are issues with registering button hits that people have had to replace controllers for. Even the new controllers eventually start to develop the same issues, from what Ive heard

it sucks cause Im also looking for a nice premium controller but $150 is too much for me to gamble if theres a good chance there will be mechanical issues

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Just buy one of the new Xbox controllers. They feel great, look good (I bought the blue one), support bluetooth.. it's a pretty perfect controller imo. The only downside is out of the box they need AA's, I'm looking at getting one of the play and charge kits just so I can charge it with USB-C when I'm not using it. Even the 8bitdo's come with a rechargeable battery inside so I was bummed to see Microsoft still charging separately for that upgrade.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Speaking of 8bitdo they just announced a refresh of their pro controller, adds back buttons and physical mode selection switch at no extra cost

https://twitter.com/8BitDo/status/1371461179290349572

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the thing to remember about xbox elite controllers is that while the outside is premium the inside uses the exact same plastic parts as a normal xbox controller so you have the same chances to run into stick drift and button issues as you normally do with a $60 controller.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Well, you can tighten the stick tension.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

repiv posted:

Speaking of 8bitdo they just announced a refresh of their pro controller, adds back buttons and physical mode selection switch at no extra cost

dang it, not on the canada amazon store yet to pre-order

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Awesome! posted:

goon made roguelike tangledeep is on a big sale this week https://store.steampowered.com/app/628770/Tangledeep/

cool game for extremely cheap check it out and support goon devs

Hm, I'm not normally big on roguelikes but the mystery dungeon tag has me intrigued.

I'm an absolute squishy baby when it comes to these games as the only one I'm good at--and thus played seriously--was pokemon mystery dungeon. Is it accessible/bearable for dummies like me?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I know a few people have brought up Time Break Chronicles in here, but looking at the reviews, a few of them have said that it was a bit tedious and grindy. Does anyone have any thoughts on these flaws? Like how long does a run actually take?

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

repiv posted:

gently caress, I JUST bought a pro+

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

repiv posted:

This looks neat, its triggers are analog, right?

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

the triggers are just buttons which is definitely a big minus for those controllers.

other than that though theyre real good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

queeb posted:

the triggers are just buttons which is definitely a big minus for those controllers.

other than that though theyre real good.

Oh come on...
I was afraid of that because 8bitdo always seemed like they were Nintendo first accessory company.