Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Anyone watch Warriors (2019)? I'd never heard of the show until yesterday and the first episode was very good. Reminds me a lot of Banshee with the way it styles action and drama.

Linking it in case anyone is curious as the show is pretty much ungoogleable with its name: https://m.imdb.com/title/tt5743796/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Yep, lots of love for Warrior around here! Not surprising it reminds you of Banshee since it's made by a lot of the same people.

I've been rewatching Banshee over the last week or so and finally got to season 4 today. I'm about 3 episodes in and it's a lot better than I remember it being. When it first came out I wasn't a huge fan of the changes (not that they were all their fault or anything) but as part of a binge watch it's not bad at all. Other than Hood's beard/hair, which is really really bad.

Inspector 34 fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Mar 14, 2021

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I'm watching Simpsons from the beginning and it's a loving trip on multiple levels

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Simone Magus posted:

??? No, I wasn't. Donal Logue was the guy in Grounded For Life, the show I was talking about??

Woops my bad.

Slamhound posted:

Who the gently caress is this guy?

https://youtu.be/BbPL50v77a8

E: Jimmy's fight scenes were always hilarious

https://youtu.be/ORPaGHfIoxY

Shageletic fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Mar 14, 2021

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Jimmy gets hosed up so often on the show and every single time it’s still incredible. The Mick in general is like someone made an entire show with the same energy as Dee taking a header into the car door on Always Sunny.

I would happily trade any future IASIP season for just one more Mick episode.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
On episode 8 of Good Girls S3 and I can definitely say it's better than S2. It gets a slow start but around episode 4 a few different things start coming together that really elevate the show.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

victrix posted:

I'm watching Simpsons from the beginning and it's a loving trip on multiple levels

It owns.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Just found out Showtime's Kirsten Dunst show, originally renewed for s2, got cancelled due to the pandemic. Probably already posted here but that suuucks. How many other shows has Showtime ever had nearly this good? Like 1 maybe?

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Fast Luck posted:

Just found out Showtime's Kirsten Dunst show, originally renewed for s2, got cancelled due to the pandemic. Probably already posted here but that suuucks. How many other shows has Showtime ever had nearly this good? Like 1 maybe?

Aw gently caress, yeah that show was extremely good

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

gently caress this last episode of The Walking Dead was brutal.

Toast King
Jun 22, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Jimmy gets hosed up so often on the show and every single time it’s still incredible. The Mick in general is like someone made an entire show with the same energy as Dee taking a header into the car door on Always Sunny.

The actor's character in The Righteous Gemstones gave me a lot of the same Jimmy vibes, I was very happy to see him showing up in somethingelse after The Mick still.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

GreenNight posted:

gently caress this last episode of The Walking Dead was brutal.

What happen

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
How is The Last Man On Earth? I've been able to avoid spoilers, don't really know anything about the show. Worth diving in to?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Does anyone know of a decent website for tracking when shows are on and when they come back? I was using Followshows, but that seems to have died.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hughmoris posted:

How is The Last Man On Earth? I've been able to avoid spoilers, don't really know anything about the show. Worth diving in to?

It is pretty inconsistent. I'd say the biggest flaw in the series is that the characters don't do a great job of growing.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Hughmoris posted:

It alternates between being weirdly ambitious (the solo episodes, the elevator subplot) and having nothing happen. It's a weird loving show.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Simone Magus posted:

Aw gently caress, yeah that show was extremely good

Is that the show about MLMs, scams or cult or something?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah it’s about Dunst infiltrating one and it was fuckin killer

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Escobarbarian posted:

Yeah it’s about Dunst infiltrating one and it was fuckin killer

That and Kidding were loving killer TV.

Way to gently caress it up Showtime! Thank God you put all your money in the Halo basket.

Oh whoops.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Open Source Idiom posted:

That and Kidding were loving killer TV.

Way to gently caress it up Showtime! Thank God you put all your money in the Halo basket.

Oh whoops.

I don't think Showtime is responsible for Covid-19.

Nundizo
Feb 9, 2021

Cojawfee posted:

Does anyone know of a decent website for tracking when shows are on and when they come back? I was using Followshows, but that seems to have died.

TV Time and Trakt.tv are the two most popular ones from my knowledge

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Cojawfee posted:

I've been using https://www.pogdesign.co.uk/cat/ for years. I think a lot of others here have as well.

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

Slamhound posted:

I've been using https://www.pogdesign.co.uk/cat/ for years. I think a lot of others here have as well.

Yeah; although its weird its still got that pog design url

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Edit: lol nah

Open Source Idiom fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Mar 15, 2021

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I use https://next-episode.net

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I am enjoyed Superman and Lois, but I could have done without the emo kid. I am a little tired of seeing pretty young people get cool superpowers and then whine about how they are a freak.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Oasx posted:

pretty young people get cool superpowers and then whine about how they are a freak.

I'm pretty sure that's the CW's mission statement

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

I use this too. It’s good

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Oasx posted:

I am enjoyed Superman and Lois, but I could have done without the emo kid. I am a little tired of seeing pretty young people get cool superpowers and then whine about how they are a freak.

I know of another Motherboy that got a cool enhancement and couldn't handle it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rvg6huyy640&t=115s

Hughmoris fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Mar 15, 2021

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

quote:

Netflix’s live-action series adaptation of iconic anime “Cowboy Bebop” has finally wrapped production, nearly eighteen months after it first kicked off shooting.

The series first began its 6-7 month shoot in New Zealand in October 2019 but was halted only a few days later after star John Cho suffered a major on-set injury that reportedly required the entire production to delay at least seven months.

Rather than recast, Netflix opted to delay and use his rehabilitation downtime to further develop the scripts, bring in original director Shinichiro Watanabe as a creative consultant, and begin early work on the writing for the second season.

Things were gearing up to return in mid-2020 when the pandemic closed everything down globally. Filming finally began in September last year and now it is finally done with actress Danielle Pineda confirming the wrap on her Instagram.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Big Mean Jerk posted:

The show ending where it does because of the cancellation is amazing lol

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I forgot that was even happening but now I’m slightly more optimistic.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Is his name still Spike Spiegel and if so will they explain why an Asian guy's name is Spiegel

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Mu Zeta posted:

Is his name still Spike Spiegel and if so will they explain why an Asian guy's name is Spiegel

Cause it's the fuckin future and people of asian ancestry can have different names? I know a guy whose name is Smith and he has asian grandparents, wtf?

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
An Asian guy from Mars who flies around the solar system in a space ship that's a converted fishing boat, let's be clear here.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I was always curious about that Netflix Cowboy Bebop thing and now I'm even moreso.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Arist posted:

I was always curious about that Netflix Cowboy Bebop thing and now I'm even moreso.

Yeah, it sounds like it'll hopefully be pretty good

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
And why is it called cowboy bebop when it doesn't even star Bebop in a cowboy hat?!

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I really thought that Cowboy Bebop had been quietly canceled at some point in 2020.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

This looks like it is what I am looking for, thanks!