Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Info about the Division movie being made for Netflix from the director on the ECHO Cast:

- Director is Rawson Thurber, has been a fan of the games since 2013 E3
- They just started writing the screenplay (there were other good scripts but this is a new take and new writer (Ellen Shanman?))
- Will be set in NYC in Division 1 timeline
- Jake Gyllenhaal and Jessica Chastain still involved
- Won't be a "super serious grim slog" - like the game the setting will be the aftermath of the virus, not about the outbreak
- Wants an action movie with the feel of the games.
- Will feature its popular skills, drones, possibly a hive, and also ECHOs
- Steve Jablonsky will do the score (known mostly for Transformers movies and Gears of War games), also a fan of The Division and the score will definitely be an homage to the game music

I am kinda glad it is on Netflix. Things may have changed but one thing I've heard is that Netflix doesn't give notes to filmmakers, as opposed to other studios where they are constantly like "we need this demographic in X role, we need a scene where Y happens so we can make merch based on it" etc.

Roman fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Mar 13, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Eh I feel like an homage to the division music might seem off-putting, like imagine beverly hills cop music crammed into robocop.

But by loving god they had better have rick velassi

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, I'm a ghost. I scare people. It's all very important, I assure you.

Gonna be honest, I don't see a market for a movie about a virus turning New York into a devestated wasteland.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mr. Peepers posted:

Gonna be honest, I don't see a market for a movie about a virus turning New York into a devestated wasteland.

It’s actually about an agency with absolutely no regard for the law protecting capital and stopping looters (from finding food to survive)

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Aaron Keener is the Italian to English translation of Andrew Cuomo

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, I'm a ghost. I scare people. It's all very important, I assure you.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It’s actually about an agency with absolutely no regard for the law protecting capital and stopping looters (from finding food to survive)

"I'm the good guy" I whisper to myself while expertly depositing a load of 00 buckshot into the back of a man trespassing on a street corner.

After stopping shortly after the release of the base game, I just played through WoNY for the first time. I though they might be starting to make a statement about how extremely bad the Division is but then I remembered this was an Ubisoft game and it is strictly verboten to take any kind of actual moral or ethical stance, no matter how milquetoast.

On the other hand the recalibration library is new to me and I like it, it's like trying to catch all the best pokemon but gun stats. In conclusion,

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
You know I should hate everything about this loving game, but something about the way it all comes together works for me extremely well. Moreso 1 than 2 tbh, but I do love the settlement stuff in 2 and the urban exploration and rooty tooty looty shooty aspects are top tier for the genre. It's nice to have something to fall back on when I get bored of shootin' aliens in Destiny.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I hope Jake plays Keener.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

I hope they rip Keener's dialogue straight from the games.

"Hey agent! You're a real piece of poo poo!"

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Hulk Krogan posted:

I hope they rip Keener's dialogue straight from the games.

"Hey agent! You're a real piece of poo poo!"

ROOKIE MISTAKE, AGENT

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Mr. Peepers posted:

Gonna be honest, I don't see a market for a movie about a virus turning New York into a devastated wasteland.
It is a Netflix movie so the marketing will be 99% a thumbnail of Jake Gyllenhaal holding a gun. That's how people choose what to watch now.

I assume they'll be less turned off by "a virus turning New York into a devastated wasteland" than you, who is playing a video game about a virus turning New York into a devastated wasteland

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Are there outright better/worse weapons in a given category? I'm too used to Diablo's "number bigger = more gooder" stat system, so getting an AR with slightly bigger DMG number but lower firerate and mag size means I have to think/do maths and that's not what I'm here for. :colbert:

Seriously though, I know traits and stats are probably going to depend on build, but if anyone can point me in the direction of a couple ARs to keep an eye out for while I'm running around shooting poo poo? Running with mostly a skill spec right now, I'll probably try to go for a build/gun hybrid so I don't let my drone do all the work (vicious little bastard once you get those skill tiers up, drat), iirc there's a gear combo that gives you skill damage when you shoot people, and gun damage when your skills shoot people, so that sounded like a good combo. :shobon:

I'm still in DC btw, no sale on NY since I jumped back in :v:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Everyone has their preferences but I believe overall the meta favors weapons with higher ROF. For AR’s I prefer the M4 models. They are fairly stable and have a good ROF. SMGs I like the MPX
or other MP5 variants. For PVP I think the Vectors are favored because you dump an entire mag in like half a second.

The classic M1A is hands down the best rifle.

For other guns, it depends on your build. Sometimes you want that perfect talent on a named weapon so you might end up using a gun that is technically inferior compared to others in its class but the talent makes up for it.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
Ive been praying to the named cache gods for like two seasons hoping to get a dark winter, and here it is just sitting on the season track.

Im so happy right now.

Lol and a bakers dozen just 10 levels higher. Gonna blow so many optimization materials.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

For as unstable as this game can be, I'm so loving glad I can restart the game and be where I left off. I just had a crash at the boss room of Federal Bunker mission and thankfully got a chance to start right there instead of doing the whole mission again.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Everyone loves the classic m1a...

....but if you’re on console and use a braced build with the m1a qcb (perfect braced crafted chest is ideal if you’re using petrovs as you’ll get 10% handling) it absolutely outdamages it. Might even work on PC but I think you can still much more reliably hit headshots with the classic compared to the cqb. But on console you just spam body shots and it’s wild.

M1A qcb per bullet damage is outrageous given its fire rate. There’s no rifle like it.

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/a-buff-gay-dude/video/127805435

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Everyone loves the classic m1a...

....but if you’re on console and use a braced build with the m1a qcb (perfect braced crafted chest is ideal if you’re using petrovs as you’ll get 10% handling) it absolutely outdamages it. Might even work on PC but I think you can still much more reliably hit headshots with the classic compared to the cqb. But on console you just spam body shots and it’s wild.

M1A qcb per bullet damage is outrageous given its fire rate. There’s no rifle like it.

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/a-buff-gay-dude/video/127805435

Got any more details about that build? I got tired of the Baker's Dozen build and I've moved on to other things, but the CQB is such a nice looking M1 compared to the classic I'll find an excuse to use it. Plus the non-silenced sound is fantastic. What mods are you using on it? I'm on PS5.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Are you all able to play this now for more than five minutes without it just outright crashing to desktop with no error or warning? The last couple days it's been unplayable for me so if you're able to please share what sort of voodoo curse you had to dispel to make it stable again. I've reinstalled the game, reinstalled easyanticheat, rolled back my 1070s drivers, etc.

I wish I didn't enjoy this janky rear end game as much as I do when I can get it to work or I'd have given up on it. It's the only game (including the only ubisoft game) I've ever had stability issues with.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Crashing issues have been around since patch 12.1 dropped like a month ago. It was supposed to be fixed in the latest patch but it still happens for me as well, just not as often. I've instead been getting a ton of Easy Anti-Cheat errors that force me to reboot my PC to fix them.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

UnknownMercenary posted:

Crashing issues have been around since patch 12.1 dropped like a month ago. It was supposed to be fixed in the latest patch but it still happens for me as well, just not as often. I've instead been getting a ton of Easy Anti-Cheat errors that force me to reboot my PC to fix them.

That's the most frustrating thing about this game in particular - the stability seems to rollercoaster wildly for reasons that are still a complete mystery. When the patch first dropped it was rough, then it leveled off for a bit and was stable - now it's back to not being able to play for five minutes without being kicked to the desktop. Every patch seems to follow this same cycle. It's madness.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I had 0 crashing until a day before the 'prevent crashes' patch came out, where I crashed 5 times in a row just trying to get some poo poo going, then played flawlessly for 2 hours.

The day the patch dropped I crashed 3 times but instead of just... stopping like the day before, it'd just lock up and make horrible noises until I killed it. Then, again, 2 hours of smooth gameplay.

Mate of mine who's been running poo poo with me had the same thing a couple times. Crash 3-5 times as soon as we launch, then smooth sailing once it stabilizes.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Man I just crashed playing the pc version the other day and chalked it up to my aging 1070 but I think it looks like I can blame game updates for that.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

HiriseSoftware posted:

Got any more details about that build? I got tired of the Baker's Dozen build and I've moved on to other things, but the CQB is such a nice looking M1 compared to the classic I'll find an excuse to use it. Plus the non-silenced sound is fantastic. What mods are you using on it? I'm on PS5.

It’s pretty close to a standard red build for ars.

All reds.

aim for 50% crit chance because that’s basically good enough and if you play in a group a coyote mask will put you at 60% max most of the time, but anywhere from 50-60 is good. Rest in crit damage. Ideally you’d use all the 5% crit chance mods on the rifle to reach this, because you get the most bang for your buck there. For the mag mod use the plus 5 mag.

Contractors gloves, fox’s prayer knees.

The key to all of this, and what makes the cqb work at classic range, is to use the crafted lmg chest that has perfect braced, as that’s 50% handling in cover plus 10% handling as the second perk in the petrov brand set on top of your contractors. In a pinch you could use an overlord chest with braced, as it’s 45% handling in cover and 20% accuracy on top of the knees, but accuracy isn’t really the issue with the cqb once you have braced.

Your backpack should have composure. You could also use vigilance. Depends on if you’re solo or in a group, whether anyone else in the group will pull aggro, etc. I like composure for the flat 15% in cover buff because you neeeeeed to be in cover for the braced handling buff unless the target is super close.

Including the backpack, which we’ve only assigned a perk, you have three slots left. You can use coyote mask, in which case I would go grupo and ceska for the backpack/holster. If you can’t make those work, overlord works but isn’t optimal.

If you don’t use a coyote, you can go grupo, ceska and providence, but I’d really use walker instead of providence, as the whole point is to just spam and you won’t really be aiming for headshots.

One thing I like to do is use the extra range scope instead of a crit chance scope, and adjust the gear to hit 50+ chc. Then you can pepper guys from so far away.

For the gun talent I’d strongly recommend lucky shot, so you can just spam the gently caress out of it. Boomerang is higher theoretical dps, but practically being able to just constantly throw lead down range means you’ll get more hits when they do expose themselves. For the third stat on the gun, damage to out of cover, or even damage to health (as you have out of cover on knees, and armor on gloves, so health will help with fatties and dogs as a third multiplicative).

If you set it up this way you can use it at classic ranges, but also absolutely melt anything that gets close. Don’t really worry about aiming for the head, but you can if they are stationary enough.

Also, try merciless with this build for a fun treat.

A Buffer Gay Dude fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Mar 15, 2021

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Weapon handling is loving nuts on console. And everywhere, Reload speed with +60% handling is ridic

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.

Weapon handling is loving nuts on console. And everywhere, Reload speed with +60% handling is ridic

Thanks for the info. I tried this, 1 Ceska, 1 Grupo, 2 Petrov (with that named chest), and 2 Overlord with Composure and with a crafted CQB I got through Heroic Roosevelt without too much trouble. The hammer heavies don't even get a chance to get close to you.

My fingers hurt though!

My world difficulty has been Challenging for so long, but I've been trying a little bit of Heroic (especially matchmaking which is instantaneous on PS). Not having a checkpoint is scary, but it's about time I start getting used to it on missions.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

HiriseSoftware posted:

Thanks for the info. I tried this, 1 Ceska, 1 Grupo, 2 Petrov (with that named chest), and 2 Overlord with Composure and with a crafted CQB I got through Heroic Roosevelt without too much trouble. The hammer heavies don't even get a chance to get close to you.

My fingers hurt though!

My world difficulty has been Challenging for so long, but I've been trying a little bit of Heroic (especially matchmaking which is instantaneous on PS). Not having a checkpoint is scary, but it's about time I start getting used to it on missions.

Yeah lol it’s not easy on the fingers. Run the sharpshooter spec for the target acquisition bonus btw.

Here’s a heroic 5 directive elite patrol going buh bye

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/a-buff-gay-dude/video/128572164

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
I haven’t played this for like 8 months, is Baker’s Dozen still the best gun?

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Torquemada posted:

It’s really good...but see the last few posts.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Torquemada posted:

Baker's Dozen is good. M1AC with boomerang is better, and Rifleman if you are good with headshots even better. But you can do really well with most assault rifles, LMGs, shotguns and SMG too.

The best gun in the game is the gunner's minigun during golden bullet event :haw:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Why am I still unable to tat up both arms and legs, what is this nonsense???

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Doctor Nutt posted:

Why am I still unable to tat up both arms and legs, what is this nonsense???

The same reason there are basically no shorts or sleeveless shirts so you can actually see them.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Kibayasu posted:

The same reason there are basically no shorts or sleeveless shirts so you can actually see them.

Black tank top has done a lot of work for me in lvls 1-25

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Kibayasu posted:

What? There’s white, black, and camo tank tops at least, and the last one doesn’t show your chest armor

I think there are a few more. None of my characters use sleeves.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Crashing: what mine does is CTD during the first five minutes or so after starting, then after restart is rock-steady for hours. :iiam:

Rolled through the first part of the Jupiter hunt, and the Season track dropped my first Harmony. Also needed to do Roosevelt anyway, so I did the Basilisk for Field Sobriety - ran around murdering all his pals, then casually jogged just far enough ahead that he didn't charge. And ran when I hosed up. :aaa: Corroded all his armor off with the Purple Nurple launcher, it just took a while because I was still faffing around in my Hunter's Laptop gear with Tier Level poo poo.

But, I got my Savage Wolverine blueprint. And after about nine tried, finally got one that was acceptable. :eng101:

Also ran around with my Just The Tip minigun junkie build, melting supply convoys. "VRRRT convoy dead oh that's the spawn closet right there VRRRT next wave VRRRT one more VRRRT all done." Might take it to Wall Street for laughs.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

What? There’s white, black, and camo tank tops at least, and the last one doesn’t show your chest armor

I think there are a few more. None of my characters use sleeves.

Yes there are some extremely boring options. The most exciting one is one of the summer 2020 shirts.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
I dunno man there’s a giant backpack covering things so what matters is “no sleeves”

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Ygolonac posted:

Crashing: what mine does is CTD during the first five minutes or so after starting, then after restart is rock-steady for hours. :iiam:

Same. If it's going to CTD, it's happening in 5 minutes or not at all. 1 crash and it's good for the rest of the night. I have also noticed that it crashes more often if I run it directly from the shortcut on my desktop as opposed to running the Ubi launcher and starting it from there. This is probably not a real effect though.

Is there a list of build archetypes for this game that are mostly correct regardless of TU? Should I just scour Youtube and steal from there?

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I got a drat near max roll white death yesterday and started digging through my stash to see if I could do anything interesting with it. Turns out I had 4 pieces of tip of the spear and a headhunter chest. I rerolled everything into headshot damage and started 1 shotting heroic elites for 18-20 million damage and was like "alright cool". Vile mask + eclipse protocol has become my favorite though.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I tried vile + eclipse not long ago and it didn’t click with me. What weapons and other gear were you running?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
My own Vile/Eclipse usually has a Trauma chest and Creeping Death pack, Firestarter launcher and Pestilence (even though it won't proc Eclipse gently caress the haters I love it)/Pyromaniac which is really only for quickbursting rushers - high-tier firecloud usually kills everyone quick, and if I've blinded someone already, well muahahaha. Been using Scorpio (IS READY!) rather than Pesti beause of the party pack status effects.