Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo
please unban larry parish lollontee eox and now homeless friend. this adversarial attitude doesnt seem to be helping anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Fluffdaddy posted:

I don't need to explain myself.

You might wanna try it because you just seem kind of stupid.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Kurnugia posted:

then why are you not the admin instead of the guy who feels no need to explain him/herself to the community when questioned? why are you here, explaining your supposed bosses decisions? would you have approved those bans, and why not?

im a qcs mod op. hope that helps with your confusion :ughh:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Kurnugia posted:

then why are you not the admin instead of the guy who feels no need to explain him/herself to the community when questioned? why are you here, explaining your supposed bosses decisions? would you have approved those bans, and why not?

because the last time smythe was admin they didn't do anything

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
lol

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Fluffdaddy posted:

Hey don't call mods pedos without evidence or risk getting banned does not need an explanation

there wolf posted:

Yes, the majority of pedophiles know acting on the impulse would be terrible and so they don't do it, instead indulging in it through media and roleplaying with other adults. As much as it sucks, it's likely that sexual attraction to prepubescents is a hardcoded sexuality the way hetero and homosexuality are, in which case the proshippers have a point that having that sort of content serves a social good, providing an outlet for desires that cannot be actually realized.

But thats one part of what would be a complex argument even for reasonable adults. In fandom it's a loving nightmare sucking in a whole whole host of toxic behaviors that have been normalized in that space.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
What Homeless Friend said wasn't very nice! It also wasn't racist

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

That guy got immediately banned for pedo apologia, so it's not exactly the gotcha you seem to think.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

drat can’t even call mods/admins portly anymore

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Raskolnikov38 posted:

yeah i've known homeless friend for over a decade (holy poo poo my wasted life) and my first reaction is "fat joke"

This is how I read it as well.

Especially since “Fluff” is ambiguous with “fat.”

FlapYoJacks fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Mar 15, 2021

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Honky Dong Country posted:

It's official, the joke has become too old for the mods.

lmao at this post. but also remove all of the bans now that a mod went ahead and made pedophile apologetic arguments epic style with citations etc and now their accusations are demonstrably true

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Please don't gently caress the mods, that's how they reproduce and we wouldn't want any more of them to lean on the ban buttons while reaching for their next hamburger.

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012
So the pedo mod should "please never come back" but the poster who made a fat joke should gently caress himself and definitely never come back. Incredible mod decisions as expected from a SA admin.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

In the future be careful to joke that sa mods are part of a group that has historically included pedophiles and pedophile apologists up to this very day instead

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Raskolnikov38 posted:

because the last time smythe was admin they didn't do anything

i thought we were friends man. you gonna do me like this? here? now?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Hot Karl Marx posted:

This thread offers more questions than answers

This thread shows that mods get really overexcited when presented with a minor forums issue.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

You might wanna try it because you just seem kind of stupid.

Nah.

Don't call other people pedophiles or risk paying the ten dollar tax. Seems simple enough.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
my mood from minute to minute is modulated by the harshness/kindness of permaban messages in a real, real normal way.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Junkozeyne posted:

So the pedo mod should "please never come back" but the poster who made a fat joke should gently caress himself and definitely never come back. Incredible mod decisions as expected from a SA admin.

"Sorry but you have to go."

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Zeta Acosta posted:

fat jokes are racist now? loving koala march would shudder at that reach

I think it might have been read as a colorism comment and idk anything about fluffdaddy other than they seem to be really aggressively angry all the time and prone in need of a chill pill but maybe colorism is something they deal with in their real life so it cut deeper than the casual reader might see it as? Without a whole lot more context I have a real hard time seeing that as the most likely interpretation though and it’s far more likely a joke about being heavy handed or maybe a fat joke

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

know before Whom you stand
truly something awful

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Heavy is the head that wears the crown, fatigue a singular vestment for an oft-vexed king.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Fluffdaddy posted:

I don't need to explain myself.

Exactly the response you'd expect from an admin rocking an avatar that that has a black coat with a red armband and a red, black, and white cross-shaped symbol on their chest, but it's different symbols so it's totally not Nazi-themed and the anime character just likes Hugo Boss.

Banning the mod you appointed for being a pedo-apologist is a good thing, doesn't make up for all the bad you do though.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

tenderjerk posted:

What Homeless Friend said wasn't very nice! It also wasn't racist
It's absolute nonsense if you try to read it as a racist insult. It's either a straightforward fat joke or the most awkwardly phrased but also pointlessly on the nose and humorless colorism out of nowhere.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Cao Ni Ma posted:

drat can’t even call mods/admins porkly anymore

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
imagine moderating an sa forum. you'd have to be some kinda hosed up weirdo

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Fermented Tinal posted:

Exactly the response you'd expect from an admin rocking an avatar that that has a black coat with a red armband and a red, black, and white cross-shaped symbol on their chest, but it's different symbols so it's totally not Nazi-themed and the anime character just likes Hugo Boss.

Banning the mod you appointed for being a pedo-apologist is a good thing, doesn't make up for all the bad you do though.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Fluffdaddy posted:

Nah.

Don't call other people pedophiles or risk paying the ten dollar tax. Seems simple enough.

regardless of literally everything else being posted here i think the ban on homeless friend is not justified. i do not think it is at all likely they were making a racial insult as oppressed to a fat joke.

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

Fermented Tinal posted:

[starcraft bw stimpack sound]

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Tiler Kiwi posted:

was this even meant to be a racial comment? i read it as saying fd is not good natured, or not underweight, and homeless friend never struck me as the type to make crass racial comments. unless im missing context?

Homeless Friend sucks everywhere they post so who really cares

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Smythe posted:

im a qcs mod op. hope that helps with your confusion :ughh:

goondolences and you should resign immediately, for the sake of thy soul. and maybe fluffdaddy ought to consider resignation, if this duty is truly this heavy. like, why would you even want to be a modmin if you hate explaining yourself this much? like, dude. reconsider your priorities

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Fermented Tinal posted:

I just want you to know that the only reason this isn't the most embarrassing thing I've read today is because There Wolf also posted today.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
After hearing a sodium funny joke and asked if they get it, the salty mods and admins replied "Na."

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

qnqnx posted:

Homeless Friend sucks everywhere they post so who really cares

hes cool. dead now for fuckin up tho. rip

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

HashtagGirlboss posted:

I think it might have been read as a colorism comment and idk anything about fluffdaddy other than they seem to be really aggressively angry all the time and prone in need of a chill pill but maybe colorism is something they deal with in their real life so it cut deeper than the casual reader might see it as? Without a whole lot more context I have a real hard time seeing that as the most likely interpretation though and it’s far more likely a joke about being heavy handed or maybe a fat joke

I deal with colorism on the daily being black and light skinned, yes. Guy who made these post:

Homeless Friend posted:

sitting down in one of the front seats of a bus. the driver is roaring with anger telling me to get outta there. I solemnly say: I will not give up my seat. it is a school bus

Homeless Friend posted:

a goon looking across the street, in the style of "by any means neccesary" malcolm x shot. except their peekin through the window at a school

Homeless Friend posted:

its like mlk said: i am deeply disappointed in the black moderator

Does not get the benefit of the doubt.

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

Fermented Tinal posted:

whatever pill you just slipped into my drink, i am on, board, brother. there is something def suss here

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Flesnolk posted:

That guy got immediately banned for pedo apologia, so it's not exactly the gotcha you seem to think.

I wouldn't consider binning a pedophile mod much of a sacrificial lamb when it apparently has to happen in the wake of banning multiple people rightly poke at the mod team for having a history of this kind of problem. If anything it's a good argument for why the mods should act like they're made of sterner stuff than crippled puppies out of a children's cartoon.

And let's all take a moment to appreciate our proud history of site managers who pop in the loudest when it's time to lay out bans as spitefully as possible for personal grievances. That's always led to good and funny things.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Fermented Tinal posted:

qcs is the gift that never stop giving

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

HashtagGirlboss posted:

didnt you read? he doesnt have to explain himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Fluffdaddy posted:

Nah.

We're not talking about the pedophile mod you didn't ban we're talking about that guy making a fat joke you banned for being racist.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)