Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It'll be like the theme park from Godzilla vs Gigan except the flying Ghidorah model circling the big attraction is actually just a flying Ghidorah model.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

PS5's are still a bitch to get and 4k bluray players have remained to be above $200 - i'll prob buy the disc for the future but gonna be a while before I can justify purchasing a player.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

When is the new release of Godzilla 2014 coming out?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The 23rd.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

feedmyleg posted:

Pitch your idea for a kaiju theme park attraction.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

feedmyleg posted:

Pitch your idea for a kaiju theme park attraction.

Mine is the Matterhorn, but instead of going into a mountain you just go into Godzilla's mouth and have an adventure in his digestive tract.

Is a zipline good enough?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_bVln6VBY8

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Some sort of "Piloting Mechagodzilla" virtual experience

Planet X dark ride

Monster Island jungle cruise

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Minila's Petting Zoo.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Arcsquad12 posted:

Whenever I see Toho Kingdom I imagine a Japanese Disneyland dedicated entirely to Kaiju.

It takes me back to when I was 10 and my favorite websites included that and Barry's Temple of Godzilla.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

There’s decent pacific rim ride out there. With a little more production value and more thrills it could be super dope if they ever bring it to America

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mWqMLiLz8c

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

Mantis42 posted:

It takes me back to when I was 10 and my favorite websites included that and Barry's Temple of Godzilla.

Not empty quote

E: Site still exists! No new content in 16 years except looks like he has a G14 review for old times sake.

http://www.godzillatemple.com/index2.htm

Xguard86 fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Mar 16, 2021

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
I miss websites just being shrines to a specific thing. Pinterest is too random.

I still like going to Toho Kingdom and just going to the VHS covers article to look at all the art.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
You stole that off my Godzilla Geocities page :argh:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Maxwell Lord posted:

Monster Island jungle cruise

This but for Skull Island, complete with Sam Jackson invasion derailing the ride.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Big giant King Kong slide-the twist is that it's covered in thick smelly fur the whole way down

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
The Universal Studios Kong ride is pretty solid. It's one of those lame 3D projection one, but as far as those go it's top-tier. Best queue I've ever been in. Not a bad way at all to kill some time before Halloween Horror Nights if you ask me.

e: I have memories of the 90s ride burned into my brain. Seeing that massive puppet as a young kid was an incredible, terrifying image. Goddamn that's good stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwOGaIJGnPE

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Mar 16, 2021

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

feedmyleg posted:

I have memories of the 90s ride burned into my brain. Seeing that massive puppet as a young kid was an incredible, terrifying image. Goddamn that's good stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwOGaIJGnPE

Yeah Kongfrontation left a massive impact on me too. So drat cool. Part of me died the day I learned that ride no longer exists.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
There’s a new-ish Kong ride at Universal Orlando that I haven’t ridden, but my sister said it wasn’t worth the wait at all. However, she despises monkeys and apes so her judgement is suspect.

I haven’t watched this video either, but since it’s a Universal ride made after 2010 my guess is that it’s just 70% projected cg screen poo poo and not much else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_GZCxD1Jvw

I’m lazy, someone tell me if I’m right.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
That's the one I was referring to. It's fun! But it's not as good as a real ride.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Big Mean Jerk posted:

There’s a new-ish Kong ride at Universal Orlando that I haven’t ridden, but my sister said it wasn’t worth the wait at all. However, she despises monkeys and apes so her judgement is suspect.

I haven’t watched this video either, but since it’s a Universal ride made after 2010 my guess is that it’s just 70% projected cg screen poo poo and not much else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_GZCxD1Jvw

I’m lazy, someone tell me if I’m right.

From the video there are actually way more animatronics than I would have expected, including a giant Kong head at the end. Nothing on par with the older ride where he picks up the tram you’re on, though.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It’s fun but not worth waiting an hour + for.

Much more fun when you can just walk on.

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

If they made a massive loving rollercoaster which went round a full sized statue of Godzilla that would be the tits. Probably too expensive for any park to attempt though, they got that full sized Godzilla with the zipline but he's kind of lying on the floor so it doesn't have the same impact.

If you kept it to the 50 metre tall Godzilla it's not out of the realm of possibility.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I’m massively curious on what the next Toho live action Godzilla will be like. Shin is definitely my favorite physical form of him and I’m really looking forward to what he will be like after the Monsterverse is done with.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Karloff posted:

If they made a massive loving rollercoaster which went round a full sized statue of Godzilla that would be the tits. Probably too expensive for any park to attempt though, they got that full sized Godzilla with the zipline but he's kind of lying on the floor so it doesn't have the same impact.

If you kept it to the 50 metre tall Godzilla it's not out of the realm of possibility.

God, imagine if it was the Monsterverse Godzilla though. It'd be like the to-scale refit USS Enterprise attraction that was bandied about for a while in Vegas, it would instantly become the defining skyline feature of nearly any city it was built near.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Was Q: The Winged Serpent a kaiju?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

absolutely

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Mantis42 posted:

Holy poo poo there's a name I haven't heard in a long time. I used to be friends with Barry back in the early 00s when we both posted on the defunct Worth1000 photoshop competition site

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Karloff posted:

You would be surprised, roller coasters are mega expensive, its entirely possible a simple loop around a statue would be cheaper then a "real" ride.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Maxwell Lord posted:

I still like going to Toho Kingdom and just going to the VHS covers article to look at all the art.

thanks for mentioning this, it's a great resource. also entertaining to read all the corrections about the VHS art/synopsis, which is super nerdy but frankly accurate as VHS releases were full of mistakes

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://www.slantmagazine.com/dvd/review-gareth-edwards-godzilla-gets-the-theatrical-clarity-it-deserves-on-4k/

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Hot drat!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

thanks for mentioning this, it's a great resource. also entertaining to read all the corrections about the VHS art/synopsis, which is super nerdy but frankly accurate as VHS releases were full of mistakes

The weirdest bit to me is one of the US releases of Gorath, where the copy mentions "giant monsters being disturbed from their slumber" even though the monster stuff was cut from that version (which really disappointed me as a kid, I should go back and give that movie a fair shake if I can ever find it.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Oh hey they're doing Godzilla trading cards. But not actual cards, it's just .gifs. You can buy a random pack of .gifs. Opening a single pack emits as much carbon as burning a barrel of gasoline.

https://twitter.com/ToppsDigital/status/1372946770213412865?s=20

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This is how we end up with Hedorah

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
Well, we end up with Hedorah when Earth becomes Venus and he flies away to...Mars?

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Maxwell Lord posted:

The weirdest bit to me is one of the US releases of Gorath, where the copy mentions "giant monsters being disturbed from their slumber" even though the monster stuff was cut from that version (which really disappointed me as a kid, I should go back and give that movie a fair shake if I can ever find it.

Always thought that was definitely a skippable scene from the Japanese cut of Gorath; basically a bunch of the main characters flying in the VTOL that will get reused four years later in the first Ultraman kill a giant walrus.

The only rationale provided is that if they let him loose, he'll cause more damage to the nuclear rockets pushing the Earth out of orbit.

Also, they literally only dug up ONE giant walrus; they should have found more in their diggings unless that one giant walrus just happened to be the last..

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
So this thing comes out in, what, like a week?

I'm trying to time it so I can do a free trial and get KvG and Justice League then cancel that poo poo.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Just remember that we need Kong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This is how we end up with Hedorah

Has someone already floated "hedorah is constituted of social media posts" for shin godzilla two?