Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Yardbomb posted:

Like that used to be Bubba to a T back when he'd been abandoned at the bottom of the heap, he was just a hurdle to getting BBQ for most people, nowadays Clown has that designation more for how good Pop Goes The Weasel is.

I'm going to play my third ever Blight game when the patch that fixes his FOV comes out but he was leveled the night I got him for that sweet sweet hex baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I'm to this day really dumbfounded they released a character glitched halfway into the floor and it took them six months to fix it, their logic being "We'll get to it but it's a lot of work"

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

OxMan posted:

I'm going to play my third ever Blight game when the patch that fixes his FOV comes out but he was leveled the night I got him for that sweet sweet hex baby

Yeah, despite his issues Blight can still be a crazy terror so at least it's not a great perk trapped on a terrible character again, but god almighty does it put a damper on playing him when you get a poo poo map like corn anything and he's blinded worse than any short character.

DeathChicken posted:

I'm to this day really dumbfounded they released a character glitched halfway into the floor and it took them six months to fix it, their logic being "We'll get to it but it's a lot of work"

Everyone should've group hallucination style insisted to BHVR that Blight is a survivor and his problem is ruining the game, poo poo would've been patched overnight.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Mar 16, 2021

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Hmm. How would a gaslighting mechanic work in this game?

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
I believe with the fervor of a bleeding martyr that BHVR liked Blights old POV.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

"Hey you, killer. Don't chase me off the hook. Don't go anywhere near the hook if you have me on one, I don't care if three other people are standing nearby. Also if you knock anyone down don't leave them there, ignore that if you pick them up they're going to stab you, most likely even if you've been chasing some other person long enough to down them too and came back. Also stop playing Hag, Deathslinger, Spirit, Freddy, Pyramid Head and Doctor. Failure to do this means you are a Bad Killer and playing the game wrong."

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

DeathChicken posted:

"Hey you, killer. Don't chase me off the hook. Don't go anywhere near the hook if you have me on one, I don't care if three other people are standing nearby. Also if you knock anyone down don't leave them there, ignore that if you pick them up they're going to stab you, most likely even if you've been chasing some other person long enough to down them too and came back. Also stop playing Hag, Deathslinger, Spirit, Freddy, Pyramid Head and Doctor. Failure to do this means you are a Bad Killer and playing the game wrong."

I love that Nurse is sometimes included in that list of names too, like man, really gonna gripe about the hardest to use killer in the game, but then to those people literally anything that kills them or their little gang is overpowered.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

DeathChicken posted:

The ideal Survivor experience for much of the community is "me and my 3 friends group up and play against a Trapper. He puts down one trap in the center of the map, clearly visible, and is chasing someone around a loop he can't beat, while one of us disarms the trap. This distracts and flusters him enough that we complete our gens and run away."

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I forget if I whined about it here or not, one of my favourite experiences with salty survivors was seeing two twitch usernames and busting out the ol' Scratched Mirror/Lery's/Devour Hope that I like hitting streamers with to shake up their night.

They played uhh, really badly with stuff like getting in a locker whenever spine chill went off, which I could see clearly (sure once is a mistake but I triple hooked them with three locker grabs), absolutely pants at getting through a window or pallet without taking a hit, and I once saw two injured survivors on a generator not healing each other before devour hope hit 3. The last survivor I mori'd just ran behind a wall and left a huge scratch and blood trail.

Now I feel bad because maybe they were new, but nope they were green ranks and I was still in yellow ranks. Well we've all got our off days, now I can check the vod and see if they at least had a good time.

They spent the ENTIRE round accusing me of stream sniping :psyduck: somehow never noticing the lack of heartbeat or stain or literally anything, and then skip right past the results screen still assuming I was cheating. It still makes me unreasonably upset because streamers usually have fun with jumpscare Myers :saddowns:

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Killing streamers is cheating. Escaping from streamers is cheating too. Reported

Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

"The basis of the Juche Idea is that man is the master of all things and the decisive factor in everything."
- Kim Il-Sung
Yeah I've had two fun games today where one was against a Pyramid Head and a Ghost Face.

GF one was us being handicapped due to a person just DCing and me and a Jane Romero just keeping our distance from each other doing generators from opposite sides of the map. We were down to only one when we got overwhelmed. Still a defeat but was fun though.

I was watching some killer videos like Otz to see how they play so I get a better idea to counter and Nurse and Spirit still seem to be one of those that if the player masters that killer will punish you easily. Like Nurse seems disorienting with the blink and how to do it, so someone able to just negate your loop or attempt to vault with ease is commendable.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

A good nurse (rare) will kill someone at least. A truly optimal team has to coordinate to get more than 1 out.

Spirit is manageable unless they have prayer beads. Then its just guessing, sorta like nurse.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Against a bad or even okay Nurse, doubling back and being unpredictable when she can't watch you is your best bet. Then just go for distance when she whiffs her blink. There's really not much you can do against a good Nurse since part of playing her well is learning to not get into those situations. She's basically just playing against the clock at that point. If she weren't also a huge pain to learn she'd probably get reworked again.

Against Spirit, there's really no meaningful counterplay outside of windows since you can't know if she's phasing or where she might even be. At that point you just gotta guess. But she's still playing Dead By Daylight instead of Nurse Game so you can work with that.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

TGLT posted:

Nurse Game

Funny, I watched a video where Scott Jund used that phrasing it's pretty good.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Ruzihm posted:

https://v.redd.it/utx44mmog2n61/DASH_1080.mp4

ALWAYS face AWAY from windows, pallets, or closets when trying to pick up survivors or this could be you

God, prone Survivors curled up against vaults is always intentionally annoying as poo poo, it's such a cheap trick. :argh:

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Especially the ones doing it on purpose with a flashlight buddy nearby, so it's face the window and look like an idiot or face the flashlight and look like an idiot

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
The trick there is to just wait on them like you're gonna pick them up while listening for foot steps.

Ruzihm posted:

Funny, I watched a video where Scott Jund used that phrasing it's pretty good.

Yeah, he uses it a bunch. It's accurate - she's the only killer where constant stealth can be a good idea and the only meaningful defense is just distance. If she's played by some one good at her anyways.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
I keep attempting to disarm traps placed in the middle of undropped pallets and getting stuck in the trap huuurrrggghhhhh

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Fleetwood posted:

I keep attempting to disarm traps placed in the middle of undropped pallets and getting stuck in the trap huuurrrggghhhhh

Just save yourself time and drop the pallet, now the trap is useless

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Man you know what, every decent chunk of killer games I get this little twinge in my mind, I hope the new colorblind options come out and they're chained to a perk, like how having any non-headache-inducing FOV is tied to one already, just because I know there'd be such a massive blowup at the devs that they might actually concede things like "Letting you get to basic accessibility options without a perk grind" like sane people and free both options and any others from similar boneheaded design further on. And then their entire office would probably twist into a black hole at the task of putting an FOV slider in the options menu.

Cause man seriously, feeling a little sick from the start lately, playing killer too long in combination has been giving me some real gross eye and head feels after enough.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Mar 17, 2021

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

No no, I got it. Give killers FoV sliders, but disable vertical movement on the mouse so they can't look up or down.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Blasmeister posted:

Just save yourself time and drop the pallet, now the trap is useless

yeah I'm just gonna start doing this. I spent ten seconds trying to creep up to one and then I stepped in it lol

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I've been trying out other Killers and I have two questions about the Nurse:

1.) How can you control your blink on multi-level maps like the research facility? It's really annoying trying to control the blink spot when it keeps whipping between different floors so I end up in the Killer basement or some other random spot I didn't intend on blinking to.

2.) Can you cancel out of a blink after charging it up? It's really annoying to start blinking right before a Survivor comes into my field of view, but now I'm obligated to blink longer and waste time cycling through that stun animation and then blinking back and likely losing track of that Survivor just because of my own misfortune and bad timing.

I feel like I'm pretty good at blinking ahead of Survivors and swinging 180 degrees to hit them at short distances, but I'm bad at controlling medium-to-long distance blinks even with the plaid flannel (was gonna say checkered napkin lol). Eventually, the other Survivors start to realize I'm pretty new/poo poo at playing Nurse so they intentionally delay opening the gates so they can gently caress with me right in my face to add insult to injury. :(

I really enjoy the potential of Nurse and the idea of completely negating barriers and loops, but it's decidedly not fun to still be a Nurse newbie and give rear end in a top hat Survivors the opportunity to kick me while I'm down.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
You blink to where you're looking, so look up to blink up and look down to blink down. If you're on the bottom floor tilt your camera down to stay on that floor, if you're on the top floor tilt your camera up to stay on that floor. If you accidentally look into the basement well gently caress have fun.

You cannot cancel a blink, but if it's a chain blink you can wait for the fatigue timer to hit you instead. The best you can do is look down/up to cut your blink short - again, you'll blink in a line towards where you're looking and if you look at solid ground or the skybox it'll stop you early. However you will do a really slow blink since you have to travel for however long you charged up for. That's part of what makes her tricky and why people will run back towards you if they see you charging a blink.

I wouldn't try blinking ahead of survivors. Instead blink behind them and use your chain blink to put yourself right next to them.

OhTofu has a pretty good Nurse guide, since I don't think Ardetha ever updated his guide for the nurse rework
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwYQImUDgXo

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
If everyone is not accounted for, survivors will usually power the exit gates to 99% just in case someone gets hooked and they aren't forced on a timer to rescue them.

You're going to have to take lumps when learning the nurse. Avoid focusing on the win/rude survivors and work on learning how to play the nurse. You'll rank up real quick once you get it down.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

It's always entertaining when I get a SEAL team kill squad who sends the match to Haddonfield, abuses every cheap bullshit avenue of that map and clicks flashlights all the way. Then I immediately get another team *trying* to do that except they aren't good enough for it and they all die

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

https://twitter.com/BlakeBennett018/status/1372324487006453761

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I hate this man for making me side with teabagging survivors over Michael Myers. Professionals have STANDARDS :mad:

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

I played a private game with a baby survivor friend, MY FIANCEE, and a no mither memelord friend a couple nights ago. I sent us to the game and went scratched mirror myers. Mostly just RPed as a creepy slasher who only occassionally hooked the survivors. Was very fun, especially the part where I went afk staring at the survivors, snuck into my fiancee's office and scared her irl.

A+++ would recommend.

Ruzihm fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Mar 18, 2021

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

"Teabagging is a tactic!" gets tossed around a lot and it's beyond stupid. In a chase I *guess*, maybe. Teabagging when you can't physically lose the game because you're sitting on the finish line, that's being a poo poo

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

I kind of wish the gates would slowly, slowly, slowly open themselves once they're powered, not to help survivors, but to make like 95-99%'ing them end, make opening the gates a poo poo or get off the pot thing.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

I'm shocked that the guy who famously got tilted out of Overwatch League is easily riled by survivors.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Yardbomb posted:

I kind of wish the gates would slowly, slowly, slowly open themselves once they're powered, not to help survivors, but to make like 95-99%'ing them end, make opening the gates a poo poo or get off the pot thing.

Might work as a secret offering. Perhaps with a caveat like they open faster or slower based on how many survivors remain alive. More survivors, and it takes longer to actually open.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

DeathChicken posted:

"Teabagging is a tactic!" gets tossed around a lot and it's beyond stupid. In a chase I *guess*, maybe. Teabagging when you can't physically lose the game because you're sitting on the finish line, that's being a poo poo
The only valid use for teabagging-as-a-tactic I can think of is that you can duck hatchets and reduce your profile for avoiding Plague spray, but that's definitely not the defense being put forth by the one guy.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
So, there are some top-tier perks that everyone recommends, right? Like Hex: Ruin, Infectious Fright, etc? I understand the part about using Bloodpoints to level up Killers/Survivors to levels 35/40/45 to unlock teachable perks, but what I don't really get is to how to manipulate the Bloodwebs on other Killers and Survivors to get the specific perks you want or need after unlocking them since the Bloodweb is procedurally generated each level.

Should I even be getting all of a Killer's teachable perks if I know some of them are garbage like Zanshin Tactics? Can I, say ignore X perk at level 35 or do I have to get X perk before I can buy Y perk at level 40? In fact, it's kind of detriment to buy the unwanted teachable perks because then the pool of available learnable perks keeps expanding on other Killers/Survivors, so the chance of finding the specific perk I want also decreases. But if I try to ignore or avoid perks that show up on the Bloodweb on a given level (i.e. let the Entity eat them by buying other add-ons and offerings instead), they keep showing up anyways until I waste Bloodpoints by buying them.

The Shrine of Secrets isn't really a solution to this since it just helps as a shortcut to getting certain perks to be teachable in the first place and thus save time and Bloodpoints by not having to first level up Killers/Survivors, and even then it can be a crapshoot whether the one you're looking for shows up for any given week.

This is just a long way of saying that it's a bit frustrating watching DbD content producers and streamers saying you should be running this or that great must-have perk when the method of getting there seems so convoluted and nobody seems to mention that part.

Tl;Dr how do I Bloodweb more efficiently in gunning for specific perks I want?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
you're not missing any tricks. it's just real loving grindy

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
There is sort of a trick in that once you have what you want you should try and guide the entity to a linked node to consume as much as possible, but that is it.

But yeah ultimately it's just grindy and all you can really do is focus on your fundamentals while waiting for the good perks to show up.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

I never let myself get to the point where I’m actively avoiding perks over wasting picks for add-ons on the blood web but I def do avoid the less useful teachables on killers and survivors for as long as possible, which can make levelling them up past level 35 or so without taking at least one kind of inefficient when there’s a 2 perks and a bad teachable in there and it’s a coin flip if you are able to get 2 perks a level or just one if the entity eats the other non teachable.

I’m currently unable to level my Hag at all anymore because the last node is Hex Third Seal and I don’t want that in my other blood webs until I’ve levelled up every killer and got the ‘core’ perks sorted

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Mar 19, 2021

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
i get every teachable and prestige every killer i play because i'm basically a loving moron and seeing a 0 turn into a 1 makes me happy on a primitive, stupid level

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

TGLT posted:

There is sort of a trick in that once you have what you want you should try and guide the entity to a linked node to consume as much as possible, but that is it.

But yeah ultimately it's just grindy and all you can really do is focus on your fundamentals while waiting for the good perks to show up.

What do you mean by "guide the Entity to a linked node"? :confused: