Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

strong bird posted:

easy to surmise why the Moderation Team of the Something Awful .com forums would be so supportive of Joe Biden's character :grin:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfKCXmO_c3Y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

lmao

please free the posters

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Good Citizen posted:

I know there's a recent opening but you don't need to post the cover letter to your mod application here.

CoolCab posted:

sure i'm sceptical of the large x on the ground but on the other hand i'd really like that free birdseed

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

i feel a little uncomfortable being namedropped, ngl

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

CYBEReris posted:

maybe it's the recency bias but this is like one of the worst and funniest...i don't wanna say coincidences because i don't know how much larry and everyone else knew in advance, sequence of events maybe? to me on the forums
“recency bias” is how people become pedophiles in the first place

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

God bless u for this unintended honeypot.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Close thread, it's not getting any better

heh

nah bruh let's see where this can go, open and free as the wind blows, baby

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3
Found this thread by way of the Leper's Colony, and am lolling rn ty

erenoyo
Jun 30, 2019

by Fluffdaddy

Honky Dong Country posted:

It's official, the joke has become too old for the mods.

lol

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Balthesar posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

I think it's safe to say anyone citing noted 4chan darling James Cantor is at best woefully unprepared to discuss adults who gently caress children. That's not something any decent person looks at and says "hm maybe he's got a point."

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

lmao

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

kill this thread before it gets worse

fukn lol tho claw

cum
Sep 18, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CoolCab posted:

sure i'm sceptical of the large x on the ground but on the other hand i'd really like that free birdseed

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lmao

lmao

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
This is not the outcome I expected when I posted those twitter screenshots but lmao :discourse:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
once again another discussion regresses into debating the age of content

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

anime was right posted:

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

i love something awful

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

pog boyfriend posted:

free all the posters who got banned + probed because there was literally a mod who got permabanned for posting pedophilia apologia today which makes their accusations no longer baseless.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

pog boyfriend posted:

i love something awful

Best $10 I ever spent

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah

pog boyfriend posted:

free all the posters who got banned + probed because there was literally a mod who got permabanned for posting pedophilia apologia today which makes their accusations no longer baseless.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

anime was right posted:

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Roth posted:

At the risk of inviting hell down on me, I'll requote what I said in the mod section about this

They were also citing James Cantor, who is a guy trying to get "P" added to "LGBT"
Sheesh, okay, that explains a lot. I was wondering about that ban, because I've also heard of psychological research which indicates that pedophilia is essentially an inborn trait and not something you can really blame people for, just for how they act on it. There's a hell of a difference between saying 'they can't help it and we should acknowledge that' and "it should be treated as being on the same level as morally acceptable and legitimate sexual attraction between consenting adults," though.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Jesus. Christ.

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!
don't close it yet it's too good of a honeypot

THS
Sep 15, 2017

greatest website on earth

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Waterbed Wendy posted:

Jesus. Christ.

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

pog boyfriend posted:

i love something awful

it has its moments

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
*poster opens the thread and reads just one post*

Oh so THIS is where we're having an earnest discussion on the nature of pedophiles. That's great because I have something to contribute!

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

CoolCab posted:

it has its moments

Or, as in this thread, several.

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo
the jokes and pictures are very funny but lets not forget the important thing here: the (e: non pedo!!!!) posters should be unbanned

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Muscle Wizard posted:

the jokes and pictures are very funny but lets not forget the important thing here: the (e: non pedo!!!!) posters should be unbanned

Actually we should remember the jokes and pictures very well, if only because this is what the legal world tends to refer to as 'evidence'

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

pog boyfriend posted:

i love something awful

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Unban the bad cspam posters but ban a random poster who also said that mods are pedos to keep balance in the universe

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Muscle Wizard posted: