Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Candidates for Something Awful Main Character in past 48 hours:

1. triple-rereg goon who defends pedos and child groomers complains that people call him a defender of pedos and child groomers, gets 10k probes on all 3 accounts in response

2. permabanned mod yelling for mods to be held accountable, held accountable by getting re-permabanned

3. goon who calls a mod a nazi because he has an anime schoolgirl avatar

4. mod who defends pedophilia as "au naturale!" gets permabanned as nature intended

5. pedo apologist mod apologist goon

6. goon posting tweet who claims harassments, gets probed, defends themselves on a rereg, turns out it was a completely different person harassing them

7. accused harasser goon who just happens to harass in a different way, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory through internet-poisoned inability to stop posting

8. mod who probated harassment victim forced to apologise several times

9. white knight of harassment victim passive-aggressive posting in qcs that at one point turns against the victim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Xarbala posted:

I don't know if this is a saga yet but goddamn this was funny as hell

Anything is a saga if you believe in it!

lmao

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Acebuckeye13 posted:

In the wake of all Forums Enemies banning each other, there will be nothing left but Forums Friends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khdIuRdjGBE&t=23s

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

The Saddest Rhino posted:

1. triple-rereg goon who defends pedos and child groomers complains that people call him a defender of pedos and child groomers, gets 10k probes on all 3 accounts in response

2. permabanned mod yelling for mods to be held accountable, held accountable by getting re-permabanned

4. mod who defends pedophilia as "au naturale!" gets permabanned as nature intended

6. goon posting tweet who claims harassments, gets probed, defends themselves on a rereg, turns out it was a completely different person harassing them

7. accused harasser goon who just happens to harass in a different way, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory through internet-poisoned inability to stop posting

9. white knight of harassment victim passive-aggressive posting in qcs that at one point turns against the victim

Tag yourself

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

lol

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

And it's only Monday, babey!

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
They missed at least one Guy Mann/Sleeveless/Of Science alt, Erotic Wakes.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Ugly In The Morning posted:

They missed at least one Guy Mann/Sleeveless/Of Science alt, Erotic Wakes.

Presumably any unknown alts/rereg's will be caught when they can't stop themselves from pedantically stopping people from having fun, or outright defending rapists

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

This rap sucks

in a major way

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

What a loving Monday this was

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

why does anyone even bother writing fiction these days. every day is like a new insane korean soap opera

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I'm the sleeveless rereg

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Now who will form the triumvirate?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Ultra Carp

Inceltown posted:

Starting to think the forums would be better off modding everyone except the mods.

:hmmyes:

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
I feel like I caught the tail end of a gigantic trainwreck. Weirdly enough, I finally put ...Of Science! on my ignore list like 2 days ago, great timing on that. :v:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Brute Squad posted:

that was head admin zyla over at breadnroses.

who was this on this forum and can u link me their profile or rap sheet thanks i cant remember :cheersdoge:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

That's a hell of a rap sheet

I sincerely wonder whether this was supposed to be some kind of gimmick or if Guy Mann is just the most cynical person on Earth, because I don't think I ever one saw him post about a topic with anything approaching joy or sincere interest or anything other than just wretched sarcasm

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Ultra Carp

Heath posted:

That's a hell of a rap sheet

I sincerely wonder whether this was supposed to be some kind of gimmick or if Guy Mann is just the most cynical person on Earth, because I don't think I ever one saw him post about a topic with anything approaching joy or sincere interest or anything other than just wretched sarcasm

Yeah. What's he infamous for? I don't know him except for recognizing his dour rear end posts

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Heath posted:

I seem to remember hearing something about him trolling for reactions to share with some friend/partner from Tumblr or something, but that might just be people scrambling for some sort of explanation where they don't have to face the possibility that somebody who's Just That poo poo actually walks this Earth.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Sleeveless was genuinely cruel to abuse victims in the thread about abusive parents. The perma is welcome but far too long in coming.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

The Kins posted:

I seem to remember hearing something about him trolling for reactions to share with some friend/partner from Tumblr or something, but that might just be people scrambling for some sort of explanation where they don't have to face the possibility that somebody who's Just That poo poo actually walks this Earth.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3910305&perpage=40&noseen=1&pagenumber=149#post505283277

Trying to quote it on mobile in a closed thread sucks but here’s a link.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Vim Fuego posted:

Yeah. What's he infamous for? I don't know him except for recognizing his dour rear end posts

Big things that I remember:

1) He reg'd a new name (Sleeveless) after getting either banned or just being a such a dumbass that everyone had ignored him, someone called him Guy Mann, and he retaliated by accusing them of 'deadnaming' him, which if you don't know is the term used to describe someone referring to a transgender person by their birth name in a derogatory fashion. Which is in insanely bad taste when you're talking about someone who was so annoying that they not only had to go incognito, they remained so annoying that people figured them out basically immediately

2) I forget the specific context of it but he snidely implied that a woman made a false rape accusation against a man for clout, someone else probably has the exact quote

3) He's just weirdly contrarian and cynical to a comical degree and will find a way to take the worst possible interpretation of anything that he encounters. So absolutely joyless that he got run out of several forums, including and especially the video game forum, but he couldn't resist farting out some nonsense and got repeatedly probed for posting in Games even though he was told not to

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Heath posted:

Big things that I remember:

1) He reg'd a new name (Sleeveless) after getting either banned or just being a such a dumbass that everyone had ignored him, someone called him Guy Mann, and he retaliated by accusing them of 'deadnaming' him, which if you don't know is the term used to describe someone referring to a transgender person by their birth name in a derogatory fashion. Which is in insanely bad taste when you're talking about someone who was so annoying that they not only had to go incognito, they remained so annoying that people figured them out basically immediately

2) I forget the specific context of it but he snidely implied that a woman made a false rape accusation against a man for clout, someone else probably has the exact quote

3) He's just weirdly contrarian and cynical to a comical degree and will find a way to take the worst possible interpretation of anything that he encounters. So absolutely joyless that he got run out of several forums, including and especially the video game forum, but he couldn't resist farting out some nonsense and got repeatedly probed for posting in Games even though he was told not to

#1 is my favorite of those because it was triggered by someone quoting the redtext I bought at him.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

To my knowledge he never dropped character like other curmudgeonly types did, like no redeeming posts anywhere. I could be wrong, not being a Guy Mann expert, but if memory serves the best he could ever manage was whitenoise, but even that tended to have at least a tinge of snideness. I mean, I think BotL would post reasonably in some places, even if the greater portion of their posting was making people miserable. But I'm not a BotL expert, either.

Come to think of it, I hope there is no such thing as a Guy Mann expert. :whitewater:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Sleeveless, I know you're reading this and while I hate basically every single word you ever wrote on this website (and I'm sure that pleases you to hear) I sincerely hope you find some peace away from here. I don't know what you got out of posting here, but you made the environment of every thread you posted in worse by being there, and whatever motivated you to do that, I hope you can take time to reflect on it. Namaste

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
botl sucked and his clique was worse but the man was still a genuine literature buff and most of his constant sniping was rooted in that

sleeveless never seemed to have any hobbies, interests, or preferences at all. he drifted from topic to topic like a candiru fish and was always about as pleasant

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Yeah, I always wondered about that -- it seems like most problem posters in SA history have had threads and topics that they can contribute to in good faith, or with some evidence that they were getting something out of the forum. Why was Guy Mann even here?

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Gonna kill the mods in single combat because pretty sure at this point we're operating on highlander rules.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Sleeveless posted:

I love the mental image of the kind of person who posts about how their parents are sociopathic narcissistic psychopaths because they ruined Christmas once when they were kids and still asks them go to church with them writing screeds on one side of the internet while the parent posts about how their ungrateful borderline personality adult children are denying themselves and their families a relationship with the only parents they'll ever have over petty reasons post on the other. Two group of terrible, miserable people who has spent their whole lives shouting past each other are now just shouting into the void as they stand with their backs to each other, neither aware that they are truly family and peers in the way that they are broken and incomplete.
In the thread where people discussed the psychology of abusive parents, where most posters are direct or indirect victims of parental abuse.
I'm still furious about this. making GBS threads up threads with garbage, unpleasant posts is bad enough, but mocking victims of abuse like that is on another level.
Shame on you, mods, for taking so long to act on this.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Antivehicular posted:

Yeah, I always wondered about that -- it seems like most problem posters in SA history have had threads and topics that they can contribute to in good faith, or with some evidence that they were getting something out of the forum. Why was Guy Mann even here?

I don't know but look at even the first page of his post history as Sleeveless and you've basically got the tenor of his entire posting career. He was apparently incapable of posting without smarm.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

of note is his last post is in a PYF thread about video games (because he's banned from the Games subforum) and it's him defending Fallout 4 for, if you choose your player character to be female, describing your character as a former lawyer, but if your pc were male you'd be a veteran soldier

ah yes, the classic americana stereotype of the 1950s where all wives were lawyers. truly biting satire.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Smythe posted:

who was this on this forum and can u link me their profile or rap sheet thanks i cant remember :cheersdoge:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=146847

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Heath posted:

I don't know but look at even the first page of his post history as Sleeveless and you've basically got the tenor of his entire posting career. He was apparently incapable of posting without smarm.

this only goes back to april of 2020, he started using the Sleeveless account in 2014 after 6 years of everyone hating him when he was ...of SCIENCE!

then he switched to Guy Mann in 2016 because everyone still hated him as Sleeveless

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Alaois posted:

this only goes back to april of 2020, he started using the Sleeveless account in 2014 after 6 years of everyone hating him when he was ...of SCIENCE!

then he switched to Guy Mann in 2016 because everyone still hated him as Sleeveless

I hope this makes up for talking about Snyder movies in the BSS discord :cheerdoge:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Guy Mann will almost certainly rereg and immediately be found out again, he's incapable of expressing any thought without the same arrogant, pointlessly antagonistic tone of voice.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
being snide and angry all the time with people seems exhausting and stressful. i hate that kind of thing, i don't know how they manage to keep it up constantly at all.

SpudCat
Mar 12, 2012

The :10bux: I spent on this forum was the greatest value for entertaintment money can buy lol

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Just a short history lesson, back in 2019 when everything kicked off one of the biggest grievances about fyad was the whole embrace/discussion of AGP that was said to occur. Reality being one particular rear end in a top hat kept bringing it up and the vast majority of people had no clue what it was. In short, it's some disgusting anti-trans rhetoric masked as medical theory.

there wolf, the ex-mod of TMR and its associated trans threads, seems to have been citing the ideas of James Cantor in their weird pedo defense. Cantor is famous for pushing really hard to include the P into the LGBTQ+ category, and the P doesn't stand for pansexual.

You'll never guess what other reprehensible ideology Cantor has loudly embraced and endorsed.

In short

there wolf posted:

Yes, the majority of pedophiles know acting on the impulse would be terrible and so they don't do it, instead indulging in it through media and roleplaying with other adults. As much as it sucks, it's likely that sexual attraction to prepubescents is a hardcoded sexuality the way hetero and homosexuality are, in which case the proshippers have a point that having that sort of content serves a social good, providing an outlet for desires that cannot be actually realized.

But thats one part of what would be a complex argument even for reasonable adults. In fandom it's a loving nightmare sucking in a whole whole host of toxic behaviors that have been normalized in that space.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

there wolf posted:

This is a TERF thing, isnt' it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

There are few better treats than logging on to SA in the morning and seeing 140 posts in this thread, I just know I'm due for a wild ride :allears: