Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

We just taught the high schoolers a mishnah that has the opinion that in order to get rid of leavened bread before Passover you can throw it into the ocean. (It's halachically legal and such a thrill!).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

A real Paul Auster he was.

WrenP-Complete posted:

The leavening process, according to rabbinical law, happens when a cereal grain (wheat, spelt, barley, rye, and oats) mixes with water and time, because of "air leavening" like how bread was leavened back in Torah times. If you make matzah before the time is up, you've created something made from those grains that isn't going to leaven.**
That's how matzah is permitted.

**Some Jews - like how Civilized Fishbot grew up also don't eat matzah+water ("gebrochts) because of a concern of some errant flour getting into the matzah making process.**

We are filming our teaching seder tomorrow, two weeks early. There's so much to do! Film crew coming over tomorrow afternoon! Praying for strength and stamina out here !

I'm probably reading this wrong but couldn't you grind your own flour to prevent this?

CarpenterWalrus
Mar 30, 2010

The Lazy Satanist

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

There was a great Buddhist meditation teacher named Atisha who was traveling to Tibet to meet with the people there. He had heard that, in general, the people of Tibet were all very good-natured, open-minded, and flexible. He chose to bring with him a mean-tempered tea boy to keep himself “on his toes” and to stay aware. Tea ceremonies are generally intended to be peaceful, methodical, and slow-paced rituals which serve as a contemplative experience for those involved. The Bengali Tea Boy’s ceremonies were different. He broke dishes, threw plates, spilled the tea, shouted, and was quite annoying to all involved. His tea ceremonies were a chaotic mess. Nonetheless, the meditation teacher chose to continue to bring the Bengali Tea Boy with him wherever he went. When asked why he continued to employ this terrible tea boy, Atisha stated “I want him with me because he is my greatest teacher. He reminds me to be patient. He reminds me to be compassionate. And, he gives me many opportunities to practice tolerance.”

Keeping an entire human being around as humble-drip is some next-level Buddhist smug game.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

WrenP-Complete posted:

We just taught the high schoolers a mishnah that has the opinion that in order to get rid of leavened bread before Passover you can throw it into the ocean. (It's halachically legal and such a thrill!).
What is the halachic status of an otherwise-kosher fish raised entirely on treyf?

CarpenterWalrus posted:

Keeping an entire human being around as humble-drip is some next-level Buddhist smug game.
Job security is in accordance with right livelihood

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

CarpenterWalrus posted:

I just wanna say your (chill, measured) Satanism and sincere posting is an interesting and appreciated (imo) contribution to the thread. In my opinion.

In local news,

COMPUTER.

ENHANCE

oh deer

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

WrenP-Complete posted:

This is amazing.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Oh boy, I watched a Facebook video of today's sermon at my church and at the end they were bringing in some charismatic stuff. I mean, no one was rolling around on the floor or anything but people were laying hands on each other and doing a little 'speaking in tongues' and to be honest I got a little uncomfortable watching it. This isn't an aspect of Christianity I've had any contact with and I'm not real eager to embrace it despite really loving my church.

This is so far out of my experience I didn't really know what was going on until I asked someone what the deal was later.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

TOOT BOOT posted:

Oh boy, I watched a Facebook video of today's sermon at my church and at the end they were bringing in some charismatic stuff. I mean, no one was rolling around on the floor or anything but people were laying hands on each other and doing a little 'speaking in tongues' and to be honest I got a little uncomfortable watching it. This isn't an aspect of Christianity I've had any contact with and I'm not real eager to embrace it despite really loving my church.

This is so far out of my experience I didn't really know what was going on until I asked someone what the deal was later.
How can you tell someone is "speaking in tongues" vs. just gabbling random syllables or reciting the lyrics to Prisencolinensinainciusol?

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Fritz the Horse posted:

I just wanna say your (chill, measured) Satanism and sincere posting is an interesting and appreciated (imo) contribution to the thread. In my opinion.

In local news,

COMPUTER.

ENHANCE

oh deer

I miss snow.

CrypticFox
Dec 19, 2019

"You are one of the most incompetent of tablet writers"

Bar Ran Dun posted:

Ehh the parts that are missing compared to Deuteronomy coincide with what should be missing based on the current versions of documentary hypothesis.

This is to say the text reflects a modern understanding of the writing of Deuteronomy and not one from the 1880s. My wife finds it compelling. But she and I are very much on the literary side of the argument.

Been reading some more about this topic, a pair of prominent Israeli archaeologists made a response to the Rollstone post that I linked the other day, in support of the claim of authenticity, that is quite interesting: https://twitter.com/AvishayBSG/status/1370903481767362561

CarpenterWalrus
Mar 30, 2010

The Lazy Satanist

Nessus posted:

How can you tell someone is "speaking in tongues" vs. just gabbling random syllables or reciting the lyrics to Prisencolinensinainciusol?

From my experience in churches where this was relatively common, the answer is group consensus. It depends on the mood of the room. If everyone's caught the same wave and are cresting at the same time, then it would be rare for anyone to question the ecstatic outbursts. But, when someone busts out the tongues early or late, that's when folks in the congregation might just smile and nod. No one was ever confrontational about it, but it's more of like, "oh bless linda's heart she tries." To be frank, speaking in tongues is just babbling random syllables, free-jazz style, and people who try to tell you it's a literal angelic language with its own syntax and rules are trying to sell you something. The thing that makes speaking in tongues important is its usually the apex of the ritual crescendo for a particularly energetic sermon or revival. It's the joyous sound lifted up, the aural and physical expression of an inexpressible faith.

CarpenterWalrus
Mar 30, 2010

The Lazy Satanist

Fritz the Horse posted:

Thanks!

I like Buddhist parables like the one I commented on, because the lesson gleaned from them varies wildly depending on current perspective. I read that story to my wife yesterday and her response was, "Hrm, that's pretty insightful of the monk. He knows what he's got to work on and hired help to do it."

I can see that point of view, but to me, it seems very cruel for Atisha to drag this Bengali boy around to do a job he clearly hates for people he doesn't like to the detriment of everyone's (but Atisha's) experience.

The Satanist would not feel obligated to invest time or emotional energy into someone who doesn't enrich their own life or provide some emotional or material gratification. Through this lens, Atisha is behaving in accordance with Satanism, since he finds personal value in the conflict between his annoyance and frustration caused by the Bengali boy and the personal, spiritual satisfaction of overcoming those negative emotions. Also, he totally gets to humblebrag to all the other Buddhists about it, afterwards.

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

Some churches where an individual speaks in tongues require and elder or other leader to interpret for the congregation. Difficult when the entire church is part of the ritual. I don't want to say more, because I was not and have never been charismatic!

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I dunno I kind of assumed the Bengali kid in question was having a ball being a grumpy careless shithead. Living his best life.

CarpenterWalrus
Mar 30, 2010

The Lazy Satanist
Haha, that would be pretty great if Atisha and Bengali Tea Boy had a Andy Kaufman/Bob Zmuda act going.

"I'm sorry, folks, but Bengali Tea Boy won't come out to do the tea ceremony until everyone's put out their incense"

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

WrenP-Complete posted:

I want to know who 'those dicks at AutoZone' are in this scenario.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Nessus posted:

I honestly have no idea and that's one reason I'm skeptical of the practice. Then things are further clouded by the fact that there seem to be two different phenomenon that are both referred to as 'speaking in tongues' in the NT.

This is just very confusing for me because it sorta came out of nowhere and it's not a type of religious expression I'm interested in. I guess it would be like if you were a Baptist or a Methodist or something and one day you walked into church and the preacher is wearing a funny hat and there are statues of saints everywhere and incense burning. It's just very offputting.

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

My friend memorized her youth pastor's "spirit language."

I think many reformed traditions neglect the Holy Spirit (and in turn treat God as functionally deist in their practice) so I try to be more understanding with people I meet in person.

Congregation-wide tongues sounds a lot like vain repetition to enter into a changed emotional state or force an "impactful" worship service, which Jesus addresses in Matthew 6:7.

I can personally permit this sort of tongues on an individual level, provided there is an interpreter. A sudden adoption of congregational tongues would be extremely frustrating to me, as well.

CarpenterWalrus
Mar 30, 2010

The Lazy Satanist

ThePopeOfFun posted:

My friend memorized her youth pastor's "spirit language."

I think many reformed traditions neglect the Holy Spirit (and in turn treat God as functionally deist in their practice) so I try to be more understanding with people I meet in person.

Congregation-wide tongues sounds a lot like vain repetition to enter into a changed emotional state or force an "impactful" worship service, which Jesus addresses in Matthew 6:7.

I can personally permit this sort of tongues on an individual level, provided there is an interpreter. A sudden adoption of congregational tongues would be extremely frustrating to me, as well.

Wouldn't an interpreter for the tongues of the Holy Spirit be heretical? This is a genuine question, since I have never encountered a service or church where this is the case. Seems like Evangelicals would bristle at the idea of a person putting themselves between a worshipper and God, but I'm curious to hear some reasons why this would be preferred.

As for me and MY HOUSE, the only Angelic language we recognize is Enochian!

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

Paul talks about it in 1 Corinthians 14. Or something to do with tongues. I don't know the specifics, but it's not a separate language so much as an event which requires church oversight.

Unless we're talking about what happens in the Acts of the Apostles. In which case, those are other human languages.

Hah. I realize I said I wouldn't talk about it because it's not my tradition, so I'm going to shut up about it now.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

CarpenterWalrus posted:

Wouldn't an interpreter for the tongues of the Holy Spirit be heretical? This is a genuine question, since I have never encountered a service or church where this is the case. Seems like Evangelicals would bristle at the idea of a person putting themselves between a worshipper and God, but I'm curious to hear some reasons why this would be preferred.

There's a specific recommendation that an interpreter be present in one of Paul's epistles. He seems kinda dubious of the whole matter honestly.

Captain von Trapp
Jan 23, 2006

I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it.
I have a soft spot for some of these folks. I spent most of college attending an Assemblies of God student group. So this is not coming from a place of scoffing.

Whatever speaking in tongues is, it's not a language. At least not in the sense of consistent vocabulary and syntax. Ecstatic utterances as a legitimate form of worship, sure. An interpretable language, no.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

HopperUK posted:

I dunno I kind of assumed the Bengali kid in question was having a ball being a grumpy careless shithead. Living his best life.

Monks in buddhist thought serve as a "field of merit" to the laity meaning that giving them offerings is an easy and convenient way to get good karma like a Merit 7/11. The tea boy is cussing Tibetan kings out for wanting a refill all the way to heaven.

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

Ways to circumvent the Compact #6: Find a dreaming god and affect his dreams so that they become reality. Hey, it's not like it's you who's affecting the world. Blame the other guy for irresponsibly falling asleep.

TOOT BOOT posted:

There's a specific recommendation that an interpreter be present in one of Paul's epistles. He seems kinda dubious of the whole matter honestly.

Specifically 1 Corinthians 14. I won't quite it here since it's quite long and taking parts out wouldn't do justice to it.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Captain von Trapp posted:

Whatever speaking in tongues is, it's not a language. At least not in the sense of consistent vocabulary and syntax. Ecstatic utterances as a legitimate form of worship, sure. An interpretable language, no.

I don't know, I basically feel like all this stuff just leads to weird social pressure. Like say you start speaking in tongues, isn't there going to be subtle pressure for someone to interpret, so you don't end up looking like a jackass in front of everyone? And then maybe you feel pressure to say 'Yeah, that's it!' so I don't look like a jackass?

When I asked what was up with all this stuff I got a very long answer but part of it was 'This was a genuine manifestation of God, it wasn't like those services where someone rolls around on the floor faking it to look spiritual in front of everyone' But ultimately there's no way to judge what anyone's motivations are. I'm basically left as an observer to judge based on how well I know you whether you're the type to fake something like that. And also, maybe no one is setting out to fake anything but there's a kind of social pressure/group psychology involved. If everyone in the room starts tallking about a red balloon you're going to feel weird if you're the only one that doesnt see it.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Fritz the Horse posted:

In local news,

COMPUTER.

ENHANCE

oh deer
I really wanna go to the park in Nara where all the deer are tame and you can just walk up to them, such peaceful creatures. Very good if you don't have a field or garden cultivated

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Gaius Marius posted:

I really wanna go to the park in Nara where all the deer are tame and you can just walk up to them, such peaceful creatures. Very good if you don't have a field or garden cultivated

We’ve got an elk herd close to that where I live. They tolerate runners and bikers. Dogs and particularly aggressive photographers get the why don’t you gently caress off display.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Bar Ran Dun posted:

We’ve got an elk herd close to that where I live. They tolerate runners and bikers. Dogs and particularly aggressive photographers get the why don’t you gently caress off display.
I remember when I was a child there was always deer grazing in the field near my Gramps house. Even a few years ago they used to hang around the parks and occasionally be dumb and wander into the main roads in town, I haven't seen any lately, It really brings me down, they're like giant rabbits. I wouldn't gently caress with Elks though they'll gently caress you up if you accidentally set them off, lot of tourists in Yellowstone forget that wild animals are still wild

White Coke
May 29, 2015
What's the difference between meditation and contemplation, in the Christian mystic tradition?

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

TOOT BOOT posted:

I honestly have no idea and that's one reason I'm skeptical of the practice. Then things are further clouded by the fact that there seem to be two different phenomenon that are both referred to as 'speaking in tongues' in the NT.

I had a friend who tried every radical sect he could in his quest for meaning, and he said that in the charismatic and pentecostal groups he joined, you just picked it up by listening to others doing it, but that there were no rules to the language, nor any interpretation.

Bar Ran Dun posted:

On occasion we'll have a major loving accident with elk in Scandinavia, most often when a bull gets completely hosed up on fermented fruit and charges a car intersection.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Valiantman posted:

Specifically 1 Corinthians 14. I won't quite it here since it's quite long and taking parts out wouldn't do justice to it.

My read of it is Paul not out and out saying that speaking in tounges is bad/sinful/etc. but he sounds deeply uncomfortable with the practice. He definitely holds prophecy to be the better utterance from the Spirit.

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

Possibly the only speedboat jumps I've planned

White Coke posted:

What's the difference between meditation and contemplation, in the Christian mystic tradition?

There are books and books written on this topic. The short answer is that meditation is preparation for contemplation.

Fr. Gabriel of St. Mary Magdalen OCD posted:

The meditation or personal reflection that we make on the divine gift or on the mystery that we have selected in our reading, serves a double purpose: the one intellectual, the other affective. The intellectual purpose is to understand better God's love for us, as it is manifested in the mystery or in the divine gift that we are considering, and thus to be ever more convinced of the loving invitation addressed by God to our soul. The affective purpose consists in moving the will to the exercise of love and to its manifestation by responding to the divine invitation. Meditation becomes therefore the immediate preparation for loving conversation with our Lord.

This transition should not be made at a precise, almost mathematically determined moment, but in a wholly spontaneous way. By making our reflections in the presence of God, and thus seeing more clearly how much God loves us, we easily feel moved to speak lovingly to Him. On the other hand, the reflections that we were making before to ourselves, we continue for some time conversing with our Lord, and this serves to give us a keener realization of His love. Finally we leave behind all considerations in order to abandon ourselves fully to the exercise of love and its manifestation, and thus we pass to the loving colloquy. In this conversation we tell God and repeat in a thousand ways that we love Him, that we desire to love Him more and to prove our love to Him.

Because when we are speaking with God and listening to Him, we do not continue to reason as in meditation, but we give our attention in a general manner to the mystery we have pondered in the meditation itself, or else we simply gaze at Jesus or our heavenly Father with Whom we are speaking. In this simple regard is verified the traditional idea of "contemplation:" the simple gaze that penetrates truth. And since in this colloquy God is accustomed to communicate His light, so under this aspect there is verified in some way what in a fuller sense pertains to true contemplation, namely an infusion of heavenly light.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

Pershing posted:

My read of it is Paul not out and out saying that speaking in tounges is bad/sinful/etc. but he sounds deeply uncomfortable with the practice. He definitely holds prophecy to be the better utterance from the Spirit.
Further than that, his discussion of the Corinthian charismatics leads directly to his discourse on faith, hope, and love in 1 Cor. 13, calling it a "still more excellent way." It's something that comes up in a lot of Orthodox and Patristic spiritual literature, that if we're more focused on spiritual gifts and special powers, then we're more susceptible to prelest (spiritual delusion), which will harm our relationship with God.

CarpenterWalrus
Mar 30, 2010

The Lazy Satanist

Keromaru5 posted:

It's something that comes up in a lot of Orthodox and Patristic spiritual literature, that if we're more focused on spiritual gifts and special powers, then we're more susceptible to prelest (spiritual delusion), which will harm our relationship with God.

This, right here, is a huge lesson many Evangelical sects would do well to marinate in. For a while, I would semi-regularly make trips to and spend time in Louisville, KY. I got in the habit of reading the obits of the Courier-Journal and finding the deaths related to snake-handling churches. There was always at least one every time I visited. Of course, that's their prerogative, and I understood the symbolism of it. What I don't understand is why you would take that spiritual risk.

Say, for example, a new preacher steps up to replace the last preacher who died after he got bit by a cottonmouth during a service. Clearly, the last guy's faith faltered and he was unworthy to lead the congregation. New Guy's very popular, his sermons are engaging and the services are spiritually satisfying. Everyone likes New Guy; he goes to all the christenings, birthdays, delivers meals on wheels and visits with the elderly. Everyone agrees he's a truly Godly man. Then he, too, dies of a snakebite during a sermon. That would then be ascribed to a lapse in faith, right? The congregation would have to believe that he died because he was unworthy. Does this wipe out all his good work and spiritual goodwill? And as New Guy is on the floor of the church, or on his way to the hospital, as he's dying does he feel overwhelm with guilt as well as fear, for his lack of faith? That's a real roll of the dice that I don't see backed up scripturally.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

Hot drat:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...lX9wIC2TvZOCuF4

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

CarpenterWalrus posted:

This, right here, is a huge lesson many Evangelical sects would do well to marinate in. For a while, I would semi-regularly make trips to and spend time in Louisville, KY. I got in the habit of reading the obits of the Courier-Journal and finding the deaths related to snake-handling churches. There was always at least one every time I visited. Of course, that's their prerogative, and I understood the symbolism of it. What I don't understand is why you would take that spiritual risk.

Say, for example, a new preacher steps up to replace the last preacher who died after he got bit by a cottonmouth during a service. Clearly, the last guy's faith faltered and he was unworthy to lead the congregation. New Guy's very popular, his sermons are engaging and the services are spiritually satisfying. Everyone likes New Guy; he goes to all the christenings, birthdays, delivers meals on wheels and visits with the elderly. Everyone agrees he's a truly Godly man. Then he, too, dies of a snakebite during a sermon. That would then be ascribed to a lapse in faith, right? The congregation would have to believe that he died because he was unworthy. Does this wipe out all his good work and spiritual goodwill? And as New Guy is on the floor of the church, or on his way to the hospital, as he's dying does he feel overwhelm with guilt as well as fear, for his lack of faith? That's a real roll of the dice that I don't see backed up scripturally.
This seems to be trying to manipulate God, but I am having a hard time narrowing down exactly why. I can see why having some kind of objective or semi-objective feat that you can connect back to your faith giving you strength would be validating, both for you and as a missionary tool, but putting a snake in the mix seems like a bad call.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Nessus posted:

This seems to be trying to manipulate God, but I am having a hard time narrowing down exactly why. I can see why having some kind of objective or semi-objective feat that you can connect back to your faith giving you strength would be validating, both for you and as a missionary tool, but putting a snake in the mix seems like a bad call.
I'm not sure about manipulation, but it is basically trying to dare God into something. It's like, yeah, Jesus says you'll be able to handle snakes, though he also, when tempted by the devil to jump off a ledge so the angels will catch him, told him that you shouldn't put the Lord to the test.

I could imagine St. Seraphim of Sarov picking up a venomous snake and handling it and even chatting with it like an old friend. The man befriended a bear, so why not? But I myself am not as holy as St. Seraphim of Sarov. And he almost certainly would not have done it just to prove how holy he is.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Keromaru5 posted:

I'm not sure about manipulation, but it is basically trying to dare God into something. It's like, yeah, Jesus says you'll be able to handle snakes, though he also, when tempted by the devil to jump off a ledge so the angels will catch him, told him that you shouldn't put the Lord to the test.

I could imagine St. Seraphim of Sarov picking up a venomous snake and handling it and even chatting with it like an old friend. The man befriended a bear, so why not? But I myself am not as holy as St. Seraphim of Sarov. And he almost certainly would not have done it just to prove how holy he is.

Beyond the obvious issues with putting the Lord your God to the test, your predecessor (who literally did pre-decease you!) obviously trusted the Lord's promises, because he handled snakes (right up until his faith failed him or whatever), right? Are you not man Bible-believing enough to do the same???

Which is probably prelest, but I can totally imagine some guy's parishioners congregation not fully trusting him if he didn't, too, and if you know that this is what people with true faith do, you're going to be aware that you're failing at this basic obligation, right?

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Gaius Marius posted:

I wouldn't gently caress with Elks though they'll gently caress you up if you accidentally set them off, lot of tourists in Yellowstone forget that wild animals are still wild

Tias posted:

On occasion we'll have a major loving accident with elk in Scandinavia, most often when a bull gets completely hosed up on fermented fruit and charges a car intersection.

The herd has been in and part of town for a long time. The Roosevelt Elk went out around 1900. But they introduced a herd from Montana in 1913. They maintain the Elk fence on the highway well and they have a clear path to go from the fields in town back and forth to the Cascades. About 450 Elk. In town when they cross roads they tend to do it at night. One elk will cross and then a second will come up to the road. The pair watch the road on either side. Then the whole herd moves across. It’s a hell of thing to watch. Some new construction has them coming through the community park I live on so now we get to watch them from our living room. Only real issue they cause is getting the kids to not throw the turds at each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

zonohedron posted:

Beyond the obvious issues with putting the Lord your God to the test, your predecessor (who literally did pre-decease you!) obviously trusted the Lord's promises, because he handled snakes (right up until his faith failed him or whatever), right? Are you not man Bible-believing enough to do the same???

Which is probably prelest, but I can totally imagine some guy's parishioners congregation not fully trusting him if he didn't, too, and if you know that this is what people with true faith do, you're going to be aware that you're failing at this basic obligation, right?

For some reason, I'm now imagining a snake-handling version of Biff Tannen saying, "What's the matter, McFly? Chicken?!"