Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

SG Bamboo posted:

Looks like we've got six MOTYC nods for Shunma Katsumata Vs Chris Brookes, who wants to be the hero that get them over the line? It's got crazy barbed wire bumps, Druids carrying a coffin with Lego stuck to the outside, and multiple people in Joker facepaint. And also a smooth as hell finishing spot that could have gone wrong in various ways ranging from seriously injuring one of the participants to destroying the coffin which was the matches win condition. If you haven't watched it, do that ASAP. It was an absolute delight.

yeah if you can appreciate deathmatches in any way it's just a complete love letter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Lamuella posted:

MOTYC: Chris Brookes vs Shunma Katsumata, Barbed Wire Coffin Match. DDT Daydream Believer, March 14

This match was absurd and graphic and silly and superbly performed. Lots of very very stupid stunts that ended up elevating both guys.

Just finished watching it. Nth

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Lamuella posted:

MOTYC: Chris Brookes vs Shunma Katsumata, Barbed Wire Coffin Match. DDT Daydream Believer, March 14

This match was absurd and graphic and silly and superbly performed. Lots of very very stupid stunts that ended up elevating both guys.

I have finally woken up and watched this, nth. These guys rule

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

SG Bamboo posted:

NOAH Great Voyage in Yokohama March 7th
MOTYC
Sugiura-gun (Takashi Sugiura and Kazushi Sakuraba) (c) vs Agression (Masa Kitamiya and Katsuhiko Nakajima) - GHC Tag Team Championship
- Broken Down Saku and Old Man Sugi do it again, these are the flag bearers for the 50+ performers. Awesome match, although marred by an unnecessarily sick headbutt in the closing moments.

HM
Go Shiozaki, Kaito Kiyomiya and Yoshiki Inamura vs M's Alliance (Keiji Mutoh, Naomichi Marufuji and Masato Tanaka)
- For gently caress's sake Go take a loving break and heal up, let Kiyomiya hold up the company for a bit. Mutoh really showed his age in a few places but the other 5 were very enjoyable

2nd these.

(Not kidding about that loving headbutt though, jesus. Though shamefully I thought the blood down his face was a pretty cool look for Kitamiya.)

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Mar 15, 2021

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Lamuella posted:

nth

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: YOSHI-HASHI vs David Finlay New Japan Cup 15.03

A good, hard-hitting match where both guys worked their asses off. Also :yoshihashi: is some kind of magician when it comes to getting good matches out of people that I have absolutely zero interest in.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Jay White New Japan Cup 15.03

The ultimate battle between Good and Evil. Also a good wrestling match.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Cerebral Bore posted:

2nd. Also the post-match promo is really loving good and well worth sticking around to watch.

Edit: And the backstage promo too :stare:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Mar 15, 2021

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Njpw nj cup 15/3

HM: yoshihashi v finlay

HM: tana v Jay

Both very different matches I liked

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Njpw nj cup 15/3

HM: yoshihashi v finlay

HM: tana v Jay

Both very different matches I liked

nth

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Cerebral Bore posted:

MOTYC: ZSJ vs Gabriel Kidd New Japan Cup 07.03

This was the best match in its style that I've seen for, hell, so long that I can't recall the last one.

I will second this. A lot of moments I like, there was Gabe struggling to get a Boston Crab in, rolls through and goes to a single leg. Once he has it you can see Kojima on commentary in the background smiling proudly. A lot of trash talk, very satisfying finish. Gabe's extended stay in Japan has been quite fortunate and I think will endear him further to Japanese fans relative to his LA Dojo contemporaries.

(I've finally accepted there's no way I finish NJ Cup watching entire shows so am just watching tournament matches now)

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Cerebral Bore posted:

Nth, clever finish, great post-match AND backstage promos.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Cerebral Bore posted:

HM: Yuji Nagata vs Yota Tsuji New Japan Cup 09.03

Very good and hard-hitting match, even if the outcome was never in doubt.

Nth this. Dad comes good, beats child. The rightful order is restored

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

NJPW New Japan Cup
MOTYC

Tomohiro Ishii vs SANADA
- Big Tom is magic, he can even make me enjoy Sanada

Big Tam getting actual fire out of SANADA means that his performance is ***** even if the match isn't. What a worker of miracles. Jesus in Heaven looks down upon Ishii making it seem like SANADA was capable of an emotion and sadly shakes his head, muttering that turning water into wine ain't poo poo next to this.

(That's a 2nd)

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

(I've finally accepted there's no way I finish NJ Cup watching entire shows so am just watching tournament matches now)

The king's way

There's generally nothing at all to see in the multimans if you're just catching up.

forkboy84 posted:

Big Tam getting actual fire out of SANADA means that his performance is ***** even if the match isn't. What a worker of miracles. Jesus in Heaven looks down upon Ishii making it seem like SANADA was capable of an emotion and sadly shakes his head, muttering that turning water into wine ain't poo poo next to this.

(That's a 2nd)

Hope you like the Nagata match as well

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: David Finlay vs. YOSHI-HASHI, NJPW New Japan Cup, 15/03
HM: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Jay White, NJPW New Japan Cup, 15/03

a cyborg mug posted:

Hope you like the Nagata match as well

It was better than the Ishii match imo

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Rarity posted:

HM: Toru Yano vs. The Great Okhan, NJPW New Japan Cup, 11/03

For the five minutes of Yano and GoK yelling at each other alone

I'll 2nd this but the wrong guy won

WMOTYC
11th March
New Japan Cup 2nd Round
EVIL vs Jeff Cobb

gently caress you Gedo. Half the match is incredibly plodding and dull, 2nd is BC garbage. I'm so over this it hurts. I remember thinking EVIL turning was interesting, that Dick Togo had a lot to offer. But they've shat it so hard. Saying EVIL has go-away- heat with me is an understatement. Yujiro is a more compelling wrestler right now. A 3 way (the worst match) with YOSHI-HASHI, SANADA and Okada exchanging their lovely submission holds for half an hour is preferable to another EVIL schmoz.

This is totally an overreaction but it's just so dull.

(That said, EVIL using Cobb to take out Abe multiple times was funny)

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Mar 15, 2021

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Lamuella posted:

Nth

It was a very silly deathmatch with non-gimmicked barbed wire and thumbtacks, these two are great and Brookes (Loosely translated) exchange with Matsui over the content of the LEGO box was hilarious.

Brookes: What the gently caress is this?
Matsuri: I don't know!
Brookes: Whatever, it's fine!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

MOTYC
13th March
NJPW New Japan Cup 2nd Round
KENTA vs Minoru Suzuki

gently caress. Not a touch on their NOAH match together but still absolutely glorious. Stiff and mean and exactly what I want in wrestling

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

MOTYC
13th March
NJPW New Japan Cup 2nd Round
Hirooki Goto vs Shingo Takagi

Tiny bit disappointed by this, such are the absurd expectations for Shingi at this point.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Rarity posted:

HM: SANADA vs. Yuji Nagata, NJPW New Japan Cup, 14/03

I'm down for this plan of putting SANADA in a bunch of matches with people who push him out of his comfort zone by beating the poo poo out of him for real

2nd this. This tournament has reminded me that j used to like SANADA, many moons ago.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Cerebral Bore posted:

MOTYC: ZSJ vs Will Ospreay New Japan Cup 14.03

This was one of the slickest matches I've ever seen. These guys have perfect chemistry and just racked up the most incredible reversals on reversals and the sickest moves I ever saw.

2nd this. Not sure I'd put it over the Rev Pro match from Last Feb but still excellent wrestling. Also gotta say that Ospreay loving up his nose added to the drama

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

HM: Riho vs Maki Itoh, AEW Dark Elevation, 16/03

It's nice to have good wrestling on mondays again

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Testekill posted:

Nth. Fun show in general.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NJPW New Japan Cup March 15th
HM

David Finlay vs Yoshi-Hashi
- YH continues to be good, and Finlay is doing better in singles than I think anyone was expecting
Jay White vs Hiroshi Tanahashi
- I mean, it's Switchblade vs Tana. If they didn't rate at least a HM i'd worry one or both were seriously injured.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Jungle Boy vs. Danny Limelight, AEW Dark Elevation, 15/03
HM: Riho vs. Maki Itoh, AEW Dark Elevation, 15/03

And not gonna HM it cause it was a bit too short but what we got of Tay Conti/Ashley Vox was ace

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Testekill posted:

Nth. They've both had better but this was very good and super fun.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: Jungle Boy vs Danny Limelight
HM: QT Marshall vs Marko Stunt
HM: Max Caster vs Dante Martin
HM: Maki Itoh vs Riho

All from AEW Dark Elevation 15.03. Good show overall.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Rarity posted:

HM: Jungle Boy vs. Danny Limelight, AEW Dark Elevation, 15/03
HM: Riho vs. Maki Itoh, AEW Dark Elevation, 15/03

And not gonna HM it cause it was a bit too short but what we got of Tay Conti/Ashley Vox was ace

Nth

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
MOTYC: Shingo Takagi vs KENTA New Japan Cup 16.03

The easy recipe for a MOTYC: Take two of the best strikers in the promotion and just have them beat the poo poo out of each other.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Cerebral Bore posted:

The easy recipe for a MOTYC: Take two of the best strikers in the promotion and just have them beat the poo poo out of each other.

Nth

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Cerebral Bore posted:

Weird to say but I'll say HM only. I can't really say exactly what was a little off about it to me, but something about it failed to really draw me in as much as I might have expected, even though it was a very good match.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Shingo Takagi vs. KENTA, NJPW New Japan Cup, 16/03

Very good match but it never hit that top level that Shingo normally lives in

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Rarity posted:

HM: Shingo Takagi vs. KENTA, NJPW New Japan Cup, 16/03

Very good match but it never really hit that top level that Shingo normally lives in

Agreed. I think it's fair to say that KENTA has a firm ceiling. He doesn't have that top, too gear anymore

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

AEW Dark Elevation ep1

Great big man small man match!

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Cerebral Bore posted:

HM: Jungle Boy vs Danny Limelight
HM: Max Caster vs Dante Martin
HM: Maki Itoh vs Riho

All from AEW Dark Elevation 15.03. Good show overall.

Nth for all 4 of these, super fun matches.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
6th March
All Japan Dream Power Series
NEXTREAM (Atsuki Aoyagi, Kento
Miyahara & Yuma Aoyagi) vs Purple Haze (Izanagi, Shigehiro Irie & Zeus)

"All" this is is a preview of the 14/3 Tag Title match between 4/6 of these men, but it does that excellently. And oh god but it's always a joy seeing Zeus lariating heads off.

MOTYC
6th March
Elimination 5v5 Tag Match
Evolution (Dan Tamura, Hikaru Sato & Suwama), Koji Iwamoto & Shotaro Ashino vs Total Eclipse (Hokuto Omori, Jake Lee, Koji Doi, TAJIRI & Yusuke Kodama)

This is probably one of those matches that benefits from an investment in the characters and stories. On the 28th Feb show Enfants Terribles attacked their leader Ashino after losing a 6 man tag match to JIN & TAJIRI. And then Jake Lee joins in on the attack. His partner Iwamoto is confused and tries to pull him back and so he gets beat down too. Then Enfants, Lee and for some reason TAJIRI all walk out together. Real simple stuff but excellent execution: it reignites Lee who had been floundering, detaches ET from the name they had taken over with them from Wrestle1 which might have been holding them back, hopefully rehab Ashino as a face and just generally shook up the company.

Things would be improved if TAJIRI hadn't inserted himself into this but eh, can't be perfect. But Jake Lee really seems to have a new lease of life, laughing and monstering Iwamoto. It's a very good first couple of steps.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Mar 16, 2021

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Lamuella posted:

I don't know what I love more, my big stupid Jokerfied boy or the all-expenses-spared coffin. Delightful match.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

HM
Akito, Kazuki Hirata and Shota (c) vs Damnation (Tetsuya Endo, Soma Takao and Yuji Hino) - KO-D 6-Man Tag Titles
- Just a real good 6-man. I particularly enjoyed the spots centered around man mountain Hino but aside to a tiny bit of sloppiness from Soma everyone was sharp.

2nd these from the same DDT show.

MOTYC
14th March
DDT Day Dream Believer
DDT Universal Title
Yuki Ueno vs Yusuke Okada

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
14th March
Koji Iwamoto & Shotaro Ashino vs TOTAL ECLIPSE (Jake Lee & Yusuke Kodama)

HM
14th March
AJPW World Tag Team Titles
NEXTREAM (Kento Miyahara & Yuma Aoyagi) (c) vs Purple Haze (Shigehiro Irie & Zeus)

Two very good matches, first one further establishing the dominance of TOTAL ECLIPSE, the latter just has me hoping Zeus and Yuma are in the same CC block this April as they had some fire together. Kento and Irie were no slouches either.