Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Resident Alien

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aardvark! posted:

drat, watched all of the Beavis & Butthead revival from '11 in one sitting. need to find another comedy to watch now :mad:

It was TEN years ago?

Jesus I feel old.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

1990 was 10 years ago

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Mu Zeta posted:

1990 was 10 years ago

That sounds right

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

https://twitter.com/Thatoneguy64/status/1371799464114012160

lol, just lol

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Wanna feel old? The New Deal was passed 82 years ago.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Firefly aired 18 years ago on Fox and the girl that played Kaylee is almost 40 now

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

We're now further away from the airing of That 70's Show than the show was from the actual 70's

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Open Source Idiom posted:

Dude, I just watched the quarantine episode of Raven's Quest, and where has Rob Mcelhenney been hiding this kind of talent?

I've always thought of him as being the weakest of the Sunny cast, but Raven's Quest is genuinely turning into a fantastic sitcom.

Because of this thread I watched through both Raven's Quest and Content over the last few days, and really enjoyed both. I love that their last pre-covid episode was basically the Corrupted Blood accident from WoW, which in reality got used for covid research.

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/YeahStill/status/1371680632120569857

The ladmag/Maddox cultural era was a strange time.

Love Brendan Fraser's attitude here.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mu Zeta posted:

Firefly aired 18 years ago on Fox and the girl that played Kaylee is almost 40 now

Yeah well it still sucks 18 years later.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Sumo posted:

We're now further away from the airing of That 70's Show than the show was from the actual 70's

Not the 2070s, genius

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/YeahStill/status/1371680632120569857

The ladmag/Maddox cultural era was a strange time.

"I hope it's the Foo Fighters", words never spoken before or since

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Azhais posted:

Well she turned out to be a Nazi so

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG

Azhais posted:

I hate that some people I know still like them because it's only a matter of time before I can't contain myself and break their heart by telling them that the Foo Fighters regularly performed at 'HIV and AIDS have nothing to do with each other' benefit events

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I bet you don't hate it as much as you say

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

EricBauman posted:

I hate that some people I know still like them because it's only a matter of time before I can't contain myself and break their heart by telling them that the Foo Fighters regularly performed at 'HIV and AIDS have nothing to do with each other' benefit events

Can you give us a little background? Was this an ongoing thing they did? How do you even find out about these sort of benefits?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

EricBauman posted:

Wait, what?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Okay, it was literally 20 years ago and Dave has worked his rear end off to walk it back and do good things since then.

https://goat.com.au/health/dave-grohl-and-foo-fighters-show-how-you-walk-back-a-wild-move-like-backing-hiv-deniers/

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Are you telling me people can make mistakes and realize that and try to become better people?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

GreenNight posted:

Are you telling me people can make mistakes and realize that and try to become better people?

No, we have to harp on the one mistake for two goddamned decades. That smug feeling of telling people that a band they like are in fact douches is the most important thing.

Doom2020!
Dec 31, 2020

If you think this has a happy ending then you really haven't been paying attention

Rhyno posted:

No, we have to harp on the one mistake for two goddamned decades. That smug feeling of telling people that a band they like are in fact douches is the most important thing.

At what point do we declare Hereticus Extremis Diabolus and purge them in holy, cleansing fire?

"Reality or 40k?" should be a new game. "The world quakes in fear of a God Emperor and his legion of fanatic worshippers."

Any new word on the Eisenhorn series?

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG

zoux posted:

I bet you don't hate it as much as you say

Eh, I have a friend with HIV who really likes them, and I really don't want to break her heart by bringing this up.

And it's good to hear that they've changed their minds (it would be pretty atrocious if they hadn't by now), but it's also a long time since I cared about anything they did, so I wasn't really out there looking for updates on their politics

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1371882973503619075

:eyepop:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
A Lady Gaga song seems like an odd thing to base a TV series on

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Rhyno posted:

Okay, it was literally 20 years ago and Dave has worked his rear end off to walk it back and do good things since then.

https://goat.com.au/health/dave-grohl-and-foo-fighters-show-how-you-walk-back-a-wild-move-like-backing-hiv-deniers/

I see, the way that poster put it made it sound a lot more recent.

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

zoux posted:

Not the 2070s, genius

Not THIS 70's, THAT 70's

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

IRQ posted:

I see, the way that poster put it made it sound a lot more recent.

I seem to recall it coming up before and I didn't search for it but there's a lot of stories about it, they they duped is what it amounts to.

I also have a long history with AIDS/HIV so I'd be pretty sad if it was an ongoing thing.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Between Knives Out and Rian being a huge Columbo fan, I am extremely onboard for this.

Although, Peacock is dogshit and I hate using it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Foo Fighters guy is just the most recent iteration of this so the sin does not lie within him alone, but this is a huge trend on the internet. Don't tell me who's a scientologist I don't need that information!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

zoux posted:

Foo Fighters guy is just the most recent iteration of this so the sin does not lie within him alone, but this is a huge trend on the internet. Don't tell me who's a scientologist I don't need that information!

Everyone is a scientologist.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

In 2021 finding out someone famous is just a scientologist is like oh, well at least they aren't an antivaxer, sex monster, avowed fascist, etc.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

IIRC, the Foo Fighters involvement in HIV denialism was entirely the bassist's fault. He went heavily down that rabbit hole and asked the rest of the band to appear at that benefit and they agreed without thinking too heavily about it.

X-O posted:

RIP Yaphet Kotto. Lt. Giardello was one of the best ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkcqtLIxZCg

TIL Yaphet Kotto was almost Lando AND Picard.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

howe_sam posted:

TIL Yaphet Kotto was almost Lando AND Picard.

It's a big mind-gently caress to see some of the other potential casting choices for TNG. Patrick Bauchau and Edward James Olmos for Picard, Wesley Snipes for Geordi, Robert Englund for Data.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Trying to check out some of these cancelled shows but drat it's annoying to find legal streams these days. Still, my least favourite event is clicking a "working" link to an episode but just kidding they want you to sign in with a cable provider, like gently caress, im not texting my mom to see if she remembers her cable information to watch a drat show. Also Paramount plus, you're pathetic, come on, knock it off lets get real.

Detroiters funny so far, I like tim Robinson

Shageletic posted:

The Mick was the best network comedy in years. drat shame it didnt get renewed.

Couldn't believe what they got away with.

I had to run to the toilet during this vomit-beer scene, I was just paying too much attention too close to the TV when I already had indigestion. I was gagging so hard, really wasn't expecting that degree of gross humor on what is otherwise kind of a "friendly" show.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I can’t find a video, but when it comes to The Mick and hilarious gross poo poo I always think about Chip making his sandwich.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

howe_sam posted:

IIRC, the Foo Fighters involvement in HIV denialism was entirely the bassist's fault.

True, but still, lol

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Fuckin bassists, man

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The Mick was not a "friendly" show.

I mean, it might not have been quite as Always Sunny as Always Sunny. But not for lack of effort.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Yeah I was going to rephrase that, it's far from "clean comedy" but until that moment I wasn't really geared for gross-out humour. It got me good! I was cracking up after I got the Hot Mouth under control.

I hadn't seen chip's sandwhich yet and looked it up and holy lol. I was almost expecting worse the way he was dancing around. I still handle knives like they're... loaded knives? I hate being cut or seeing my own bones, never cutting myself again, gently caress you bread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Birdgirl starts April 4th.

https://youtu.be/vbZzDOgwdfg