Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008
Unclear who even owns it these days, but Moviepass is doing a thing

https://twitter.com/TheAVClub/status/1371972184365625347?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

It has to be a scam for meme stocks or NFTs, we can never get back the magical time that was MoviePass

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Tars Tarkas posted:

It has to be a scam for meme stocks or NFTs, we can never get back the magical time that was MoviePass

Just going to the theater on a weekday afternoon to see whatever.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Tars Tarkas posted:

Maybe some venture capitalist grabbed it

thatfuturekid
Jan 5, 2014

Tars Tarkas posted:

Man, those were the best days. I think my fiancé and I saw 40 or so movies that year.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
https://twitter.com/discussingfilm/status/1371933967511879680?s=21

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Homeybeef posted:

Unclear who even owns it these days, but Moviepass is doing a thing

https://twitter.com/TheAVClub/status/1371972184365625347?s=19

I’m here for it

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Tars Tarkas posted:

Remember when Moviepass started giving out loans

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I talked an ex into joining moviepass with me, but we broke up before it became a huge poo poo show and I really hope she cancelled her membership before they became a big loving scam.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Shageletic posted:

Remember when Moviepass started giving out loans

Do you even have to pay them back

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Doctor Strange and the Imitation Game

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also I thought colin trev disappeared into the ether after the stupid bullshit of the book of Henry

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

He finished filming Jurassic world 3

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

I never thought I'd be one of the people who had enough of Benedict Cumberbatch.

He's just a normal actor, I thought.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

The Klowner posted:

Doctor Strange and the Imitation Game

Imitation Game was so loving bad.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

The Klowner posted:

also I thought colin trev disappeared into the ether after the stupid bullshit of the book of Henry

I got him mixed up with Josh Trank and thought he was the one who made Capone for a little bit. I only mention this because while in the process of looking this up I found out Colin Trevorrow still has a story by credit for Rise of Skywalker.

I really do wonder how much, if any, of his ideas made it into the final cut. Its still loving unreal to me how much of a shitshow that whole production was.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I love production shitshow stories, as I imagine does everyone not personally involved. I wish there was a big repository of them.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

I got him mixed up with Josh Trank and thought he was the one who made Capone for a little bit. I only mention this because while in the process of looking this up I found out Colin Trevorrow still has a story by credit for Rise of Skywalker.

I really do wonder how much, if any, of his ideas made it into the final cut. Its still loving unreal to me how much of a shitshow that whole production was.

His script leaked a while back. From reading a synopsis it would have definitely made for a better movie than what we got but a good one? Nah

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Beachcomber posted:

I love production shitshow stories, as I imagine does everyone not personally involved. I wish there was a big repository of them.

considering how Disney keeps trying to memoryhole The Sweatbox it's a shame we'll never get to find out most of these hosed up productions other than some hushed whispers, until that day Disney no longer controls most of the media we consume which is unlikely to happen this generation

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Stink Billyums posted:

just leto in costume as paolo gucci

From googling this he looks like Uncle Leo.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

One More Fat Nerd posted:

She was part of an effort to rehabilitate GWBs public image, if I remember right.

The poster also might be talking about the whole "Everyone in LA has known for years that working on the Ellen show is the absolute shittiest working environment in TV" thing, where it came out that, amongst other blatantly psycho/abusive things, employees were not allowed to make eye contact with Ellen.

And it was right in the middle of all that blowing up that she declared being quarantined in her $20 million home was horrible, worse than prison.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

To the scab crew she hired to film the show from her house because she had furloughed her regular staff.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

feedmyleg posted:

It's become increasingly clear that Judd Apatow has forgotten that people outside of Hollywood exist.

It's like how Stephen King writes stories about authors.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Especially if they get hit by vans.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

A group of magicians defeating Nazis is the exact wrong script to give to the man who directed Jurassic World.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

And it was right in the middle of all that blowing up that she declared being quarantined in her $20 million home was horrible, worse than prison.

“It’s like prison, I’ve been wearing the same clothes for the past 10 days and everyone in here is gay!” - Ellen

Precambrian
Apr 30, 2008

I recently discovered that there is an insane conspiracy theory that Benedict Cumberbatch isn't actually married, his kids are either adopted or nonexistent, and, for whatever reason, untangling this conspiracy is done with all the grave seriousness of investigating the JFK assassination. At first, I thought it was crazy Sherlock fans who think Cumberbatch must be gay to fit with their fanfiction, but no, it seems like they despise him and think he's doing it for sympathy? I have no idea.

I might be tired of Cumberbatch and have no love for him as Dr. Strange, but holy poo poo do I enjoy utterly bizarre celebrity conspiracies being militantly shared on Twitter.

e. should note, they obviously hate his wife as well, alleging she's a prostitute and having a lot of misogynistic attacks there, but the people I saw on Twitter were acting like Cumberbatch was some kind of devious schemer trying to trick the world into thinking he was married and had kids for... some reason.

Precambrian fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Mar 17, 2021

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

There is similar conspiracies with the Supernatural actors but that's mostly due to fanfic fans going off the deep end, for some reason Cumberbatch fits in with that same fantype so it's cool they've just gone full CumbAnon

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I knew Ellen was a lovely person, but the no eye contact thing is seriously :psyduck:

I'd completely forgotten about her horrible comments regarding quarantine, too. Like, I get trying to make a joke to lighten the mood or whatever, that's fine, but maybe don't compare your home to a prison when it's far more lavish than what 95% of your viewers have.

And change your loving clothes, that's just gross.

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

Precambrian posted:

I recently discovered that there is an insane conspiracy theory that Benedict Cumberbatch isn't actually married, his kids are either adopted or nonexistent, and, for whatever reason, untangling this conspiracy is done with all the grave seriousness of investigating the JFK assassination. At first, I thought it was crazy Sherlock fans who think Cumberbatch must be gay to fit with their fanfiction, but no, it seems like they despise him and think he's doing it for sympathy? I have no idea.

I might be tired of Cumberbatch and have no love for him as Dr. Strange, but holy poo poo do I enjoy utterly bizarre celebrity conspiracies being militantly shared on Twitter.

e. should note, they obviously hate his wife as well, alleging she's a prostitute and having a lot of misogynistic attacks there, but the people I saw on Twitter were acting like Cumberbatch was some kind of devious schemer trying to trick the world into thinking he was married and had kids for... some reason.

Being famous in the extremely online age seems like a fate worse than death, tbh.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
my favourite new conspiracy theory is that helen keller is conservative propaganda to hoodwink kids into thinking anyone can make it in american if they try hard enough and she never actually existed

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

ungulateman posted:

my favourite new conspiracy theory is that helen keller is conservative propaganda to hoodwink kids into thinking anyone can make it in american if they try hard enough and she never actually existed

https://twitter.com/jamie2181/status/1363531120432861188?s=19

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Who is Hitler???

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Simone Magus posted:

Who is Hitler???
Not sure why Disney greenlit this one...

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Seems like this guy should have taught them better.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Flying Zamboni posted:

Seems like this guy should have taught them better.

I'm not the only person who thinks that thank God

I also find it real lovely he posts videos mocking his students on tiktok

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Len posted:

I'm not the only person who thinks that thank God

I also find it real lovely he posts videos mocking his students on tiktok

I also think this and it was amazing that anyone had any take other than 'this guy is a loving doofus who's bad at his job'

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

And I'm not dumb, teacher have always made fun of their students. But they did it in words on the internet or at the bar

The fact they can just record and post videos of actual children doesn't sit well with me

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Every generation is going to have people who just never learned common stuff until way late. Twenty years ago a guy at my middle school sincerely believed Nazi Germany dropped atomic bombs on the US and WW2 ended with us surrendering to the Japanese. He would have fit right in with that video, and his closer proximity to the event should make it even more egregious. On top of that, some people are never going to learn ever or care to remember.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
did that guy cross over from the Man in the High Castle timeline or what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Len posted:

And I'm not dumb, teacher have always made fun of their students. But they did it in words on the internet or at the bar

The fact they can just record and post videos of actual children doesn't sit well with me

Pretty sure this guy will get fired if even one parent is able to identify their kid in this.

Also pretty sure he hasn't taught these kids, teachers are all about being outraged at the terrible job other teachers do.

Also also pretty sure those kids aren't that old, and it's kind of lovely to make fun of sixth-graders for not knowing that stuff.

So gently caress that guy.