Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

I am ready for a decent drip machine but dont have anywhere to put it in this tiny lil apartment of mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Ansible Adams posted:

I am ready for a decent drip machine but dont have anywhere to put it in this tiny lil apartment of mine.

replace computer with coffee maker problem solve

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Ansible Adams posted:

when you're ready, good options include the breville precision brewer, a bonavita, or a moccamaster

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
gonna have a spot o' coffee while a figure out a way to write "suck my dick, fuckman" but politely

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

gonna have a spot o' coffee while a figure out a way to write "suck my dick, fuckman" but politely

Add a Please there at the start and you're good to go

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I only have one coffee pod left. tragic

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
that sounds like a reason to rejoice. no more pods! no more pod machine!

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

my only other options are to bring coffee from home, or to go out to a coffee shop. pods are good enough

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
mr coffee and coffee from home, imo

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

if this is a work thing and you don’t want to deal with brewing stuff the answer is to get a nespresso. they make totally reasonable coffee if you insist on getting a discrete coffee unit device. most other pod things are awful.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
yeah we have a nespresso in the office and its fine and the company pays for it which is really the most important part

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

man getting good at home coffee makes me despise getting coffee out. like i make better pizza than most places but i don’t getting pizza if you’re out with friends or whatever. but the delta between bad and good coffee is so vast it just makes me think about what i could be having instead

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

is it hot? is it black? is there caffeine in it? good to go

Nevergirls
Jul 4, 2004

It's not right living this way, not letting others know what's true and what's false.
what's real nice about coffee from home is that you can put it in a thermos. the very best thermos that you can buy, with vinyl, and stripes, and a cup built right in

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Silver Alicorn posted:

is it hot? is it black? is there caffeine in it? good to go

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

nah caffeine doesn’t affect me much whether i have it or not. i drink it explicitly because i think it tastes good

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

every day is a new horror

mediaphage posted:

man getting good at home coffee makes me despise getting coffee out. like i make better pizza than most places but i don’t getting pizza if you’re out with friends or whatever. but the delta between bad and good coffee is so vast it just makes me think about what i could be having instead

every time I drink coffee outside of home I just drown it in milk and sugar tbh

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

RustyKnight posted:

every time I drink coffee outside of home I just drown it in milk and sugar tbh

personally i’m not too into sweetened coffee but i do like some cream now and again

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

i'll drink bad coffee if i'm out traveling and enjoying myself... *if* it's from a little mom-and-pop cafe. but i refuse to drink starbucks coffee. that poo poo is just molten street tar

gotta draw the line somewhere

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

lord funk posted:

i'll drink bad coffee if i'm out traveling and enjoying myself... *if* it's from a little mom-and-pop cafe. but i refuse to drink starbucks coffee. that poo poo is just molten street tar

gotta draw the line somewhere

all coffees are beautiful

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

i will drink starbucks from time to time. or have, it’s been well over a year at this point. but i stick to iced stuff on hot days and ignore all their fancy reserve and clover poo poo because it’s all way over roasted.

if i had to buy their beans because i was someplace with no roasters i wouldnt be too upset with the maroon guatemala bag. but that’s it.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

mcdonald's has better coffee than starbucks

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
most coffee > starbucks > all other coffees > no coffee

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
Small diners are the only place I'll do bad coffee. It's more about tradition.

I'll do starbucks if someone else is buying but that's about it.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

i dunno what it's like in the us but in korea the starbucks "reserve" (for the locations that had it) was its own little counter and they'd make you a proper glass of coffee, with the carefully weighed grinds and the precisely heated water and all that. you could choose chemex, siphon or regular pour-over and then they'd only let specially certified baristas make it. definitely worth paying an extra dollar.

i lived near a flagship location and once got served by a 3* coffee ambassador. i guess he was one of the highest ranked starbucks baristas in the country. anyway he made a good cuppa.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

they just do it on their clover machines which i’m sorry but do impress me. also any reserve beans ive ever bought have been roasted insanely dark and the prices are obscene. simply not worth it over their normal coffee imo

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

there's a starbucks reserve next to the building I live in and I will never go to it

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

drip till I die. living the bunn life

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

one thing i'll admit is that milk drinkers probably have a better experience with starbucks. charred beans are okay if you froth in a bunch of sweet whole milk

but i like my coffee like i like my coffee: black

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

lord funk posted:

one thing i'll admit is that milk drinkers probably have a better experience with starbucks. charred beans are okay if you froth in a bunch of sweet whole milk

but i like my coffee like i like my coffee: black

yeah i don’t know but just hearing the orders when i’m there makes it seem like black can’t be a huge majority of their orders. i like some cream in my morning coffee but if i’m getting a bux in the summers i tend to stick to black iced americanos.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
looking forward to tomorrow morning's cup :coffee:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

i had three shots at 8pm after my run and i'm totally ready for bed now (i am aware that's probably about equal to a cup of brew)

even when i don't have any caffeine for weeks at a time, all i get from drinking too much is a headache or stomachache. where is this magical wakefulness people talk about

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

goddamn i cant wait :coffeepal:

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

I seem to have hit a late morning slump. Only enough beans left for one coffee. Do I have it before exercise or after exercise?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

knox_harrington posted:

I seem to have hit a late morning slump. Only enough beans left for one coffee. Do I have it before exercise or after exercise?

probably too late now but after imo as a reward and potentially also so you don't have to poop midworkout

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

mediaphage posted:

i had three shots at 8pm after my run and i'm totally ready for bed now (i am aware that's probably about equal to a cup of brew)

even when i don't have any caffeine for weeks at a time, all i get from drinking too much is a headache or stomachache. where is this magical wakefulness people talk about
solution: don't drink too much

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Chris Knight posted:

solution: don't drink too much

well yes i try to avoid that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

shoeberto posted:

Small diners are the only place I'll do bad coffee. It's more about tradition.

I'll do starbucks if someone else is buying but that's about it.

tiny pinch of salt does wonders for bad diner coffee