Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i was hoping to grab one of those air purifiers but couldnt find any. got some more street tacos and the big rear end sack of trail mix though. now that i go to costco almost once a week i am not spending as much each trip which feels better to my brain. dumbass brain so easy to trick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

topenga posted:

It absolutely hates when I cook with even a smidge of wine. I like to watch it go all "RED ALERT RED ALERT" after a fart, too.

Look, I take my entertainment where I can get it.

Also, be aware: The C545 and the C555 do NOT use the same filters.
The C545 is a smaller S type filter that I had a bitch and a half of a time trying to find.

It took a while but it seems like Costco carries the S type filter and 3rd party ones are finally showing up on Amazon and eBay now.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

My spouse and I went yesterday in part to look at what Chromebooks might be available and saw that one had been marked down from $299 to $199. We quickly looked at the specs, figured it was almost impossible to find a better deal, and grabbed it. It even came with a case and tiny mouse.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I went to the 'co today for the air purifier. I couldn't find it at all and asked a lady that worked there. Employees are so hard to find. She said she didn't know and that someone else asked her earlier. I got worried. :ohdear: I looked around more and saw it near the TVs and kitchen appliances. It was in half an end cap behind some other stuff. I grabbed two of them. One for my living room and one for my bedroom. Both say my air quality is good. :shrug: I guess I have to fart on it.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
Costco has a Lenovo 4600G minitower at $499 down from $599 until I believe early April

Six core Ryzen APU, 12gb RAM, SSD+HDD, the only thing really holding it back is that I think it comes with a 270 watt PSU

But if you’re ok with that you could probably get away with throwing a 1650- or possibly 1660- in there once prices come back down to earth and have a solid performer for ~$550. Until then the iGPU can probably hold you over

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Hed posted:

Chef’s knife. Bread knives are only for bread FRESH out of the oven.

I hosed up the edge on one of my fancy Japanese chefs knives cutting crusty sourdough with it.

Now I’ll only cut crusty bread with a chefs knife that I don’t give a poo poo about ie Chicago Cutlery or a knife that’s super beefy ie Wusthof.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

jeeves posted:

I love Raos and if you bathe their nice tall jars in soap for a day their label comes right off. I store so many other dry goods and things in dem jars.

Hello jar buddy

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

went to costco today

pbuc

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

The Slack Lagoon posted:

went to costco today

pbuc

:aaaaa:

Get anything good?

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

bird with big dick posted:

I hosed up the edge on one of my fancy Japanese chefs knives cutting crusty sourdough with it.

Now I’ll only cut crusty bread with a chefs knife that I don’t give a poo poo about ie Chicago Cutlery or a knife that’s super beefy ie Wusthof.

did you get indigestion afterward

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I cried afterward and tried to commit ritualistic suicide for disrespecting my hanzo steel.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Pennywise the Frown posted:

One for my living room and one for my bedroom. Both say my air quality is good. :shrug: I guess I have to fart on it.

lookit this guy who thinks his poo poo don't smell

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Ok Comboomer posted:

Costco has a Lenovo 4600G minitower at $499 down from $599 until I believe early April

Six core Ryzen APU, 12gb RAM, SSD+HDD, the only thing really holding it back is that I think it comes with a 270 watt PSU

If you need a budget game desktop that MSI Codex is okay at $850, R5 16GB 240/1TB and a 1660 Ti

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

I cried afterward and tried to commit ritualistic suicide for disrespecting my hanzo steel.

selling cooking knives to japanese peeps and sayin theyre samurai swords for the cook is one of the oldest and longest runnin marketing grifts in history. very well attested for a quarter millenium, somewhat well attested for half a millenium

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Made a record fast trip to the ‘Co today. Pharmacy, shopping, rewards payout, and gas in about 30 minutes, plus travel time. I have a new(ish) dog and I didn’t want her to freak out too much with me being gone.

Some old friends back in stock after I thought they were goners - sauerkraut and the Goodyear wipers.

Stocked up good so I ended up spending $300+. My dinky apartment freezer is stuffed.

That Raos sauce better be good because I have four jars of it now!

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

strangehamster posted:

If you need a budget game desktop that MSI Codex is okay at $850, R5 16GB 240/1TB and a 1660 Ti

What would be good for setting up a permanent style server/plex/Unifi hub? Anything from the ‘Sco? Can I mine Bitcoin with it to pay it back off

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Paul MaudDib posted:

lookit this guy who thinks his poo poo don't smell

When I checked my bedroom a while ago it was yellow but now it's back to blue. I don't dust or clean very often.... almost never (besides Dusty my robot vac :3:) so I figured my house would be bad. :shrug:

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Mar 17, 2021

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

When I checked my bedroom a while ago it was yellow but now it's back to blue. I don't dust or clean very often.... almost never (besides Dusty my robot vac :3:) so I figured my house would be bad. :shrug:

have you farted on it yet like you said?

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

:aaaaa:

Get anything good?

Heck yeah

Dark chocolate covered almonds
Coffee beans(this is why I went mainly)
Street taco kit
And a roll of landscaping fabric

TurdBurgles
Sep 17, 2007

I AM WHITE AND PLAY NA FLUTE ON TRIBAL LANDS WITH NO GUILT.
Dude whoever recommended that orange chicken was on the ball. I made em up and gave some unsauced ones to the kiddos and now they are their favorite nuggets!

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

TurdBurgles posted:

Dude whoever recommended that orange chicken was on the ball. I made em up and gave some unsauced ones to the kiddos and now they are their favorite nuggets!
What are you gonna do with the extra sauce

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Martman posted:

What are you gonna do with the extra sauce

There is never extra sauce

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

You know what he’s going to do with the sauce.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

You know what he’s going to do with the sauce.

Mix with vodka and soda water.

TurdBurgles
Sep 17, 2007

I AM WHITE AND PLAY NA FLUTE ON TRIBAL LANDS WITH NO GUILT.

Fartington Butts posted:

Mix with vodka and soda water.

Awe poo poo that's a good idea. Costco grand marnier hack!

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I went to the 'co today for the air purifier. I couldn't find it at all and asked a lady that worked there. Employees are so hard to find. She said she didn't know and that someone else asked her earlier. I got worried. :ohdear: I looked around more and saw it near the TVs and kitchen appliances. It was in half an end cap behind some other stuff. I grabbed two of them. One for my living room and one for my bedroom. Both say my air quality is good. :shrug: I guess I have to fart on it.

Call or Find a Sup near front end to check the system for you, We move poo poo around constantly in the morning to fill gaps depending on stock and our mandatories. Most people on the floor have no idea where anything is at or our stock.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

poisonpill posted:

What would be good for setting up a permanent style server/plex/Unifi hub? Anything from the ‘Sco? Can I mine Bitcoin with it to pay it back off

This is overkill for a Plex server

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
I run plex, pinhole, unifi and a couple other things on a couple year old i3 NUC. It’s silent and nigh invisible, but I probably paid as much for it as that tower on sale.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

poisonpill posted:

As mentions, its WAY WAY overkill for any of that. I run basically all that poo poo (plus usenet downloading, valheim dedicated server, transcoders) on a Synology DS918 which is way worse since it's essentially just a glorified RAID controller with an operating system on it.

That said electronic prices are a very silly overall and even a Synology NAS will run you pretty close to the cost of that, maybe a hundo cheaper. The biggest reason not to go for this is size. For this sort of work, most people prefer some small form factor (sff) / micro PCs like PN50s, P340, because size is an issue.

If space is truly not an issue, then sure go for it, it's way overkill, but buying a mini/sff-pc + parts will cost about the same. If size is an issue, something like this would be better: https://www.amazon.com/Intel-NUC10i5FNK-Ultra-Small-Mini/dp/B087N8QQZG/

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Heck yeah

Dark chocolate covered almonds
Coffee beans(this is why I went mainly)
Street taco kit
And a roll of landscaping fabric

I always wanted to grab that street taco kit but it's a lot for one person. Does it save in the fridge well for maybe 2 days?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Yeah I've given it 4 days before and it was fine.

It rarely lasts more than 2 though, between my wife and I. I think it's worth it.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Sold.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
It comes with 12 tacos so, do what you will with that information.

My only problem is that I wish it came with more cabbage. It needs extra cheese too but we always have tons of cheese in this house.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
According to MFP, one taco is about 190 calories. So 3 tacos at 570 calories is a reasonable lunch (if that's all I can limit myself to). So that's 4 days of tacos for me. :)

Renegret posted:

It needs extra cheese too but we always have tons of cheese in this house.

:hfive: I always have at least 1-2 bags of shredded cheese. Usually sharp cheddar.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Ok Comboomer posted:

But if you’re ok with that you could probably get away with throwing a 1650- or possibly 1660- in there once prices come back down to earth and have a solid performer for ~$550. Until then the iGPU can probably hold you over

I might have to pick one of these up to replace my old rear end Plex server. I would have to replace the PSU though as I would be adding a few more HDs to it. I could build a machine but I work on computers all day and never want to do it when I get home anymore.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I don't know where the corn tortillas are sourced but I really liked them, they were somewhat more dense and durable that your average corn tortilla and pretty tasty after throwing them on a skillet

topenga
Jul 1, 2003

FCKGW posted:

It took a while but it seems like Costco carries the S type filter and 3rd party ones are finally showing up on Amazon and eBay now.

This is really good to know! Thank you!

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i had the street tacos for dinner and some left over ones for lunch. i always toss the red salsa cause it sucks and use whatever store bought ive got open instead but everything else in the kit is pretty good and its a great deal at less than 15$

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.

Manuel Calavera posted:

I'm sorry the what. I need to know more and also drat you for telling me about these.

I heard about them in this thread and we finally found them in the desert aisle. We almost missed them. I have a mixed feeling about boba, though I like it. It’s different but it’s good.

Here’s an article about them:

https://www.mashed.com/296821/people-cant-stop-talking-about-these-boba-ice-cream-bars-at-costco/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

RocketLunatic posted:

I heard about them in this thread and we finally found them in the desert aisle. We almost missed them. I have a mixed feeling about boba, though I like it. It’s different but it’s good.

Here’s an article about them:

https://www.mashed.com/296821/people-cant-stop-talking-about-these-boba-ice-cream-bars-at-costco/

Just watch out for them killer cacti.