Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
A hoot, you say?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Ah, if only I didn't work evenings :(

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I think one of my favorite parts of Aquaman is the music montage out of loving nowhere when Black Manta makes his suit like ask of a sudden you're watching Iron Man

Another laugh break. It wouldn't be a problem if the movie didn't so laboriously tell you every little other thing, but this dude macgrubering a suit full of tech he had never seen before was hilarious.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Jimbot posted:

The MoS watch-along was very good and fun. BvS will even more of a hoot!

:cheers:

Crossposting from The Dome:

teagone posted:

Had a nice turnout for the MoS stream! Think we topped out at like 12 goons, maybe more, and had a blast in chat :)

Tomorrow night though, we goin DEEP INTO CAPE poo poo... 7+ hours of SNYDER BRAND CAPE poo poo TO BE EXACT! :twisted:

Sticking to BvS at 10PM, will finish around 1AM. There's conflicting reports about when ZSJL will go live on Twitter against the official countdown site. Suffice to say, it'll either drop at 2AM or 3AM CT. I'll obnoxiously ping the server if it goes live at 2AM.

So, that 3AM in the above is tentative. If you plan to watch, please keep the times in mind!

teagone fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Mar 17, 2021

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE posted:

Yes and if they have one writer that super likes Age of Ultron and one writer that super likes JWJL, that just says that they have more than one person with awful taste.

Point was more that the reviewers who liked Ultron, didnt like Justice League '17, and dont care (?) for Justice League '21 are different people, so its weird to spin a "their opinion is moot" connection between them

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Neurolimal posted:

Point was more that the reviewers who liked Ultron, didnt like Justice League '17, and dont care (?) for Justice League '21 are different people, so its weird to spin a "their opinion is moot" connection between them

Those are not opinions that even out.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I think one of my favorite parts of Aquaman is the music montage out of loving nowhere when Black Manta makes his suit like ask of a sudden you're watching Iron Man

I like when it randomly turns into a rom com only for it to then turn into a horror film only for it to then turn into a greek trial. film.

Aquaman is utterly insane.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE posted:

Those are not opinions that even out.

What's more, it paints a pretty consistent image of their editorial perspective.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Well there was also "Messing Up Age of Ultron Helped Joss Whedon Mess Up Justice League, which both places the blame for the movie on Whedon, and includes this crack:

quote:

Joss Whedon seeing female characters as largely interchangeable and reducing them easily to funbag airbags? Color me and many, many women of the Whedonverse shocked.

IDK, feel like this is just that classic DC fan sensitivity at play.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I keep randomly thinking to myself "holy poo poo it's FOUR HOURS LONG!!" It's like the "holy poo poo the ps5 is big" of movies

The fact that critics aren't just completely focusing on the runtime and saying "this is insane, this is too long, superhero stories don't require this, how dare you" is wild to me. And not only that, it's a movie many of them are going into feeling they've already seen before.

Trying to rein in my optimism but drat.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Io9 is Gawker network clickbait, they'll say whatever gets more clicks at any time.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

When flash tries to fistbump cyborg he says this

Why

Barry Allen is 7 years old.

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Mar 17, 2021

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
All the critic talk aside, how have people around you reacted to this movie coming out?

In one of the communities I frequent, there's some interest. The people there aren't Snyder fanboys, but they are curious. These people are also put off by the 4 hour runtime.

Maybe releasing as a series would've been better for the bingewatching generation? Just drop it all in one go, the "4 HOURS OMG!" talk would be just a footnote.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

CelticPredator posted:

When flash tries to fistbump cyborg he says this

Why

I thought this was like, a setup and punchline situation, and was extremely confused for a second

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

No. Just two random thoughts while rewatching JL.

How lazy are where you gently caress up that bad with a DOB.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

completely normal io9 comment section posted:

In fact, Whedon tends to fetishize small breasts, not big ones.

The tone of this article and the complete absence of nuance is honestly very vindictive and unprofessional. Do better io9.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Asteroid Alert posted:

All the critic talk aside, how have people around you reacted to this movie coming out?

In one of the communities I frequent, there's some interest. The people there aren't Snyder fanboys, but they are curious. These people are also put off by the 4 hour runtime.

Maybe releasing as a series would've been better for the bingewatching generation? Just drop it all in one go, the "4 HOURS OMG!" talk would be just a footnote.

I think the fact that it was announced as a miniseries then as one movie has helped temper length criticisms, but I certainly believe it would have been better in chunks than as a four hour cape movie.

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

loving people I swear

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Now up to 78% on RT. If this cracks 80% and stays there I reckon we're in with a decent chance of a sequel.

(I know RT is completely arbitrary, but WB execs take it seriously).

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Martman posted:

I keep randomly thinking to myself "holy poo poo it's FOUR HOURS LONG!!" It's like the "holy poo poo the ps5 is big" of movies

The fact that critics aren't just completely focusing on the runtime and saying "this is insane, this is too long, superhero stories don't require this, how dare you" is wild to me. And not only that, it's a movie many of them are going into feeling they've already seen before.

Trying to rein in my optimism but drat.

It should be longer

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

Airport Music for Black Folk

elf help book posted:

It should be longer

Release the 5 hour cut

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Necrothatcher posted:

Now up to 78% on RT. If this cracks 80% and stays there I reckon we're in with a decent chance of a sequel.

Holy poo poo I knew it hit 75% at one point but I thought it had dropped since then

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Necrothatcher posted:

At 80% it doubles the score of Whedon's version lol

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Neurolimal posted:

IDK, feel like this is just that classic DC fan sensitivity at play.

What a classic eh bro??? Classic DC weenies!!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

KVeezy3 posted:

Release the 5 hour cut

sean10mm posted:

At 80% it doubles the score of Whedon's version lol

See?!?! 20% per hour!

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Each movie should have a 20% higher RT score than the last.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

josh04 posted:

Each movie should have a 20% higher RT score than the last.

Alvin and the chipmunks: Irate in Iran at 560% on RT

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

The system works!

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

CelticPredator posted:

Ahahahahaha holy poo poo lmao

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Robbie Collin gave it 5/5 in the Telegraph, it’s starting to get some positive reviews in the UK

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Total Meatlove posted:

Robbie Collin gave it 5/5 in the Telegraph, it’s starting to get some positive reviews in the UK

That's ludicrous, from the Torygraphy of all places. ooh I can't wait

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

The film has leaked into private torrent sites, and people think it's a fake because of the aspect ratio lol

brawleh
Feb 25, 2011

I figured out why the hippo did it.

Okay, this is kind of a spoiler, but not really, though still gonna tag it - clips are starting to show up online. It’s another interesting look at how Snyder’s footage was edited and pared down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Opr3LqCjHPU

https://youtu.be/YwLAmlrkWyY?t=166

Just in terms of the clearer continuity in terms of Hippolyta chasing after Steppenwolf and the mother box through the sequence, rather than just disappearing and reappearing.

brawleh fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Mar 17, 2021

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Been said before, the whedon cut coming in at 2 hours exactly should ring the same alarm bells as a youtube video coming in at exactly ten minutes

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Aidan_702 posted:

Just more proof that Snyder is an ayn rand fanboy, a true child of the right

SuperTeeJay
Jun 14, 2015

Aidan_702 posted:

And 4/5 from Peter Bradshaw. The Snyder Cut is healing the Remain/Leave divide.

Annoyingly, Sky has exclusive rights in the UK so it's 720p and stereo via NowTV if you don't have Sky installed (and even the version on Sky will probably lack HDR). I'm not a big brain business executive but it seems like giving people only one way to see this film at its best until the Blu-ray/wider VOD release in a few months is a bad decision (unless Sky paid a lot for it).

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

SuperTeeJay posted:

And 4/5 from Peter Bradshaw. The Snyder Cut is healing the Remain/Leave divide.

Annoyingly, Sky has exclusive rights in the UK so it's 720p and stereo via NowTV if you don't have Sky installed (and even the version on Sky will probably lack HDR). I'm not a big brain business executive but it seems like giving people only one way to see this film at its best until the Blu-ray/wider VOD release in a few months is a bad decision (unless Sky paid a lot for it).

ugh what? I know that NowTV is bad but it can't be 720p can it? Why make it higher quality to torrent??

SuperTeeJay
Jun 14, 2015

You can pay an extra £3 a month to 'boost' Now TV to 1080p but dark scenes still look like poo poo.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Gatts posted:

Speaking of which someone convince Scorsese to do a cape flick.

Robert deniro and joe pesci chasing down muggers in their mobility scooters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

CelticPredator posted:

No. Just two random thoughts while rewatching JL.

How lazy are where you gently caress up that bad with a DOB.

It always made me laugh when in Winter Soldier, they mention both that Black Widow worked for the KGB... and was born in 1986. So canonically she was a 5 year old KGB agent.