Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Last Blood was so hard to watch. What a truly loving terrible movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?

Cael posted:

https://twitter.com/WHMPodcast/status/1371823926645493764?s=20

Hell loving yes. Dark Fate was a fun time, I'm all in.

The amazing thing about the thumbnail is that's not even Felipe's art, that's just how they look a year after quarantine.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

I really hate how their live show host deletes the show after a fairly short period of time. Bought the last show to watch later but life got in the way and *poof* gently caress you and your :10bux:

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Arson Daily posted:

I really hate how their live show host deletes the show after a fairly short period of time. Bought the last show to watch later but life got in the way and *poof* gently caress you and your :10bux:

:filez:

contact me for more info.

dorium fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Mar 17, 2021

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Anybody else notice Steve adding a few too many s's when he says yes? Like "yesssssssss" the shits driving me nuts. He never used to do it before then the last 6 months to a year he starts up with that

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
I just finished the Goodfellas episode, and goddamn, I have got to see this loving movie. I do not know why I put it off for so long.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

I just finished the Goodfellas episode, and goddamn, I have got to see this loving movie. I do not know why I put it off for so long.

It was mentioned in this thread when they announced it, but it really is one of the all time greats. That's not an exaggeration.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Mar 17, 2021

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Watching it right now and already identified like four guys who'd go on to star in "The Sopranos". It's a fascinating case study.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

It deserves the extremely high praise it gets.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Wow, Andrew praising the Poltergeist remake is really surprising :psyduck:

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It’s ok to like a movie.

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Jose Oquendo posted:

It was mentioned in this thread when they announced it, but it really is one of the all time greats. That's not an exaggeration.

I don't know that it's my personal favorite Scorsese, but I think it probably is his masterpiece - just a brilliantly made movie in every way that really exemplifies who he is as an artist.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Holy poo poo, Michael Imperioli's in this movie as Spider. This is wild.

Yarrington
Jun 13, 2002

While I will admit to a certain cynicism, I am a nay-sayer and hatchet man in the fight against violence. I pride myself in taking a punch and I'll gladly take another.
As someone who bought but still hasn't found time to watch the Dark Fate ep, you can indeed just download the video file from the host once its posted afterwards. I'll probably buy this one too, although drat that movie just sounds hateful.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Holy poo poo, Michael Imperioli's in this movie as Spider. This is wild.

There is a line in sopranos when he shoots a server in the foot and goes “it happens”

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Yarrington posted:

As someone who bought but still hasn't found time to watch the Dark Fate ep, you can indeed just download the video file from the host once its posted afterwards. I'll probably buy this one too, although drat that movie just sounds hateful.

Oof it's really bad, I turned it off like halfway through it was just so freaking racist and lovely. It's like if Ben Shapiro's studio actually made a somewhat competent film. Just completely racist and unpleasant. That being said I am definitely going to watch the live show since hearing them rip the film apart will be pretty cathartic.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Warriors of Virtue is pretty funny and I've never even so much as heard of this movie. Usually I don't care as much for the episodes doing movies I've never seen but The Pest and this one have been great.

Also, not for nothing, but I love the way Stephen cracks up and repeats the punch line that he's laughing at at the same time. Like someone says "cockdog" and he goes "co-hahah-ck-haha-do-hahahaha-oog? Oh, maannn..."

Hope I described that right.

I've found myself wanting to somehow incorporate that mannerism into situations where something strikes me as funny, just to give credit to the joke maker, but I think it just needs to just come natural.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Yeah I watched it for the first time in preparation for the episode. Im glad i watched this and not The Pest.

I have My Blue Heaven queued up on HBO max with a tall glass of water this weekend

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Beer_Suitcase posted:

Yeah I watched it for the first time in preparation for the episode. Im glad i watched this and not The Pest.

I have My Blue Heaven queued up on HBO max with a tall glass of water this weekend

The right choice.

I always mean to watch My Blue Heaven, to complete my Henry Hill movie experience. Then I end up reading a description and realize it's not going to be even remotely the same thing, and figure I'll just be annoyed at a screwball comedy. Like, I'll know going in it's a completely different kind of movie, but I think I'll still be annoyed by it, if that makes sense.

And yes, I know that's not fair.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Mar 17, 2021

Huego
Mar 12, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

thrawn527 posted:

The right choice.

I always mean to watch My Blue Heaven, to complete my Henry Hill movie experience. Then I end up reading a description and realize it's not going to be even remotely the same thing, and figure I'll just be annoyed at a screwball comedy. Like, I'll know going in it's a completely different kind of movie, but I think I'll still be annoyed by it, if that makes sense.

And yes, I know that's not fair.

You're missing out, that movie's a goddamn delight.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Huego posted:

You're missing out, that movie's a goddamn delight.

I just watched some clips on YouTube, and yeah, it looks like a lot of fun. Alright, it's back on the list.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I was in cackling through tears during most of this month's Gleep Glossary holy poo poo what an incredible Listener Request.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

weekly font posted:

I was in cackling through tears during most of this month's Gleep Glossary holy poo poo what an incredible Listener Request.
Yeah, stuff like this is exactly why I'm a Patreon subscriber lmao

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

BiggerBoat posted:

Warriors of Virtue is pretty funny and I've never even so much as heard of this movie. Usually I don't care as much for the episodes doing movies I've never seen but The Pest and this one have been great.

Also, not for nothing, but I love the way Stephen cracks up and repeats the punch line that he's laughing at at the same time. Like someone says "cockdog" and he goes "co-hahah-ck-haha-do-hahahaha-oog? Oh, maannn..."

Hope I described that right.
It's usually followed by "C-come ooooon."

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
For poo poo i haven't seen and don't want to sink 2 hours, I've started to just look up a review on YT and it's really helping with my enjoyment. Just being able to visualize adds a lot.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

My favorite part about this horsehead motherfucker and really all the gleep glops in the gleep glossary is that he can't just be a dude who looks like a horse and flies an x-wing, he has to have a rich backstory involving multiple personalities and blah blah. I guess that's the whole point of the EU but it still makes me laugh that someone somewhere wrote a whole goddamn story for everything in the star wars universe.

The Gillman
Jul 8, 2004
Beaten with a sack of sweet Valencia oranges
Grimey Drawer

explosivo posted:

My favorite part about this horsehead motherfucker and really all the gleep glops in the gleep glossary is that he can't just be a dude who looks like a horse and flies an x-wing, he has to have a rich backstory involving multiple personalities and blah blah. I guess that's the whole point of the EU but it still makes me laugh that someone somewhere wrote a whole goddamn story for everything in the star wars universe.

The Wraith Squadron series was legit really good, the premise was Wedge recruiting people the other units wouldn’t take so they’re all kind of weird and bad at some part of their jobs. Considering some of the other books out at the time (Luke falling in love with a force ghost on a Palpatine ship) it was good hard sci-fi to have a horse and squid and a fake ewok fly spaceships

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

weekly font posted:

This whole thing was like listening to someone describing a fever dream, holy poo poo.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

The Gillman posted:

The Wraith Squadron series was legit really good, the premise was Wedge recruiting people the other units wouldn’t take so they’re all kind of weird and bad at some part of their jobs. Considering some of the other books out at the time (Luke falling in love with a force ghost on a Palpatine ship) it was good hard sci-fi to have a horse and squid and a fake ewok fly spaceships

Yeah I was going to say Runt's story coming from novels instead of some "Essential Guide to Characters" that someone wrote up makes him a bit different from a lot of the other characters covered in the Glossary in that there's some actual story going on there.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I have been slowly working my way through the commentary tracks and they're all A-tier, they even beat out some of my favorite Rifftrax. The Predator one was outstanding. Going to start on the Twilight episodes soon

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I wonder if there hadn’t been so long between the prequel movies if all that Star Wars EU stuff would have even been made.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
good lord what a week

https://twitter.com/WHMPodcast/status/1373771398393511936

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I've been watching along with these awful movies they do for the main feed and the WLMs for the monthly Patreon episode, but I really don't think I'm gonna watch the Snyder cut. Justice League was awful enough when they did the commentary for it.

I'll watch Vertical Limit but I think I'll just let them tell me how bad the Snyder cut was lol

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea you cannot pay me to watch the Snyder Cut, I don't care if it actually is better you can't make me watch a 4 hour Justice League movie and I'm a loving DC over Marvel freak.

Looking forward to hearing them talk about it though!

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Save yourself four hours and just watch this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjEAnzF8iWU

Henker
May 5, 2009

explosivo posted:

Yeah I assumed it was going to be bog standard "hehe this alien looks like a horse" jokes, but nope this horseman's lore got progressively more and more insane as the episode went on. I can't believe it ended with him being mercy killed by a pigman sniper named Piggy shooting him in the throat. The pigman ends up with serious PTSD.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I was going to watch Goodfellas this weekend, but it's not on Netflix anymore :negative:

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

sexpig by night posted:

yea you cannot pay me to watch the Snyder Cut, I don't care if it actually is better you can't make me watch a 4 hour Justice League movie and I'm a loving DC over Marvel freak.

Snyder Cut is really good, but I totally get someone not wanting to dive into a 4 hour version of a movie they didn't like the first time through.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

sexpig by night posted:

I don't like Zack Snyder and Justice League is not a good movie and is quite bizarre--not in a subversive way, but in a way where the writing and visual storytelling is not always competent. But there's actual good parts, it's pretty engaging enough, and definitely an improvement.

I also think there is some seeing is believing elements to it that'll probably make their episodes more enjoyable. Like I can tell you how bad the Wonder Woman music cue is but you really have to experience that poo poo to fully understand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Timeless Appeal posted:

I don't like Zack Snyder and Justice League is not a good movie and is quite bizarre--not in a subversive way, but in a way where the writing and visual storytelling is not always competent. But there's actual good parts, it's pretty engaging enough, and definitely an improvement.

I also think there is some seeing is believing elements to it that'll probably make their episodes more enjoyable. Like I can tell you how bad the Wonder Woman music cue is but you really have to experience that poo poo to fully understand.

HuuuuuaAAAAAuuuuuahhhhhh