Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

SMG is a good poster. The worst thing about him are the people who huff his farts. It’s the rare case where people so refused to accept being trolled that they simply started to unironically agree with the troll, which is worthy of study

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

No Mods No Masters posted:

SMG is a good poster. The worst thing about him are the people who huff his farts. It’s the rare case where people so refused to accept being trolled that they simply started to unironically agree with the troll, which is worthy of study

SMG was the alpha version of Q

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!
I don't have any to hand but I know other goons will post literal mountains of evidence that SMG was not, in fact, anything approaching "a good poster"

There may have been many goons in CD who huffed SMG's farts, but SMG failed to learn the drug dealer's number one lesson: Never get high off your own supply

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

SMG is a good poster

no

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_WyeAlSouw

lol KONGA looks like he should be making the Suburban Sasquatch noise.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

there's a baddy standing between him and destiny that's like a negative version of him

the commentary track for the south park movie was recorded years later, and I guess iron man had just come out because they talk about it a lot, and bill hader is there for some reason and towards the end they start going "20 minutes til the end. this is where we introduce the EVIL version of the boys. he's like them but BAD and he has a BIGGER blue hat"

I always think of that whenever a punchman has to beat the nega-punchman

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

SMG is a good poster.

No

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Andro Dunos posted:

I remember when SMG was critiquing Zack Snyder's Dawn of the Dead reboot, but all his comments were accidentally pertaining to the original Romero version.

SMG obviously hadn't watched the remake and didn't realize they were very different movies but was lying and pretending he did.

And somehow people still listen to that rear end in a top hat.

that's really funny though

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

It’s the rare case where people so refused to accept being trolled that they simply started to unironically agree with the troll, which is worthy of study

America already studied this phenomenon, ad nauseam, for the past 4 years

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

priznat posted:

Death of the viewer

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

Death of a viewsman

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Death of the society we live in

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Andro Dunos posted:

I remember when SMG was critiquing Zack Snyder's Dawn of the Dead reboot, but all his comments were accidentally pertaining to the original Romero version.

SMG obviously hadn't watched the remake and didn't realize they were very different movies but was lying and pretending he did.

And somehow people still listen to that rear end in a top hat.

That's hilarious and I've pointed out before he'll often jump in threads of just released movies where it's clear he's only read the Wikipedia plot summary so he gets a bunch of poo poo wrong. I stopped reading threads dedicated to a single film after he ruined the Us thread doing it.

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"
how can you call SMG a bad poster. he's nothing but poster. cut him and he bleeds posts. he is posting.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
The Snyder cut approaches and you all want to complain about SMG in our moment of triumph?????

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Cubone posted:

the commentary track for the south park movie was recorded years later, and I guess iron man had just come out because they talk about it a lot, and bill hader is there for some reason

Bill Hader writes for South Park, or used to. I remember being surprised to see him in the "6 days to air" documentary.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

PostNouveau posted:

Bill Hader writes for South Park, or used to. I remember being surprised to see him in the "6 days to air" documentary.

Yeah, they brought in Hader and a few other folks once they finally stopped trying to write everything themselves.

Hader's story about the Fish Sticks joke is hilarious:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdZnGz9CWpU

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

reignofevil posted:

The Snyder cut approaches and you all want to complain about SMG in our moment of triumph?????

The Snyder cut is going to be a slightly better movie than the original Justice League, as well as a much bigger clusterfuck. Snyder fans will claim vindication. Will sane people just walk away? Could this finally save movies?

No, it's still endless trash forever

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I've always thought Josh Whedon was poo poo but I can't imagine a four hour version of the bad movie would be an improvement.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

i had a dream tonight where young mike, hot jay and rich in an elderly costume made a buddy movie starring themselves as themselves where they accidentally travelled back in time in a panel van to the 1920s.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Space Kablooey posted:

i had a dream tonight where young mike, hot jay and rich in an elderly costume made a buddy movie starring themselves as themselves where they accidentally travelled back in time in a panel van to the 1920s.

This sounds a lot better than Space Cop.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
https://twitter.com/LizardRumsfeld/status/1371312684864577540

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Groovelord Neato posted:

I've always thought Josh Whedon was poo poo but I can't imagine a four hour version of the bad movie would be an improvement.

It depends on your definition of improvement. Zach Snyder is basically getting a do-over, and he's just competent enough at the mechanics of film making that I expect the end result to fix a lot of the really obvious mistakes in the original. That being said... yeah, obviously it's not going to be good. I cannot see this movie being worse than the original though.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

I want a four hour re:view of this

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
the only good final cut was the blade runner one. the theatrical cut of that movie sucks and that may be the worst narration ever.
the final cut of apocalypse now is weird as gently caress and the french plantation segment is creepy.

i wont watch the godfather´s coda

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Final Cut has the stupid Unicorn dream in it that is wildly out of place with the rest of the cinematography and it adds nothing to the ambiguity surrounding Deckard when the rest of the film already does that without recycling footage from Legend twenty years after the movie came out.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Groovelord Neato posted:

This sounds a lot better than Space Cop.

Oh my god. The HitB movie! It's loving BRILLIANT

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Release the Munchin Cut

:thermidor:

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

I take it all back. Cinema is good again

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

sweet geek swag posted:

I cannot see this movie being worse than the original though.

It's four hours long. It's automatically worse.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Know what other movie is 4 hours long? Lawrence of Arabia, only one of the greatest films of all time

Checkmate libtards :smug:

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

SMG is a fun read with a good gimmick that he executes pretty well. The issue for me is that every time he posts it derails the thread in to people exclusively arguing with him. He's had his moments, but every time he posts I know the direction of the thread is gone.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I can't really dispute it, I just struggle to blame him for posts that aren't his. Certainly very few people in CD handle him correctly.

On the other hand I feel like the alternative would have probably been him being chased out like every other notably good poster in the history of the forum, so there are worse things than giving him his own nature preserve of lesser beings to rule over. If it had been done for more of the noteworthy posters of the ages the history of the forums may have played out very differently

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

smg is not a "fun read" and has literally written reams of text that are factually wrong, wasting everyone's time

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

DLC Inc posted:

smg is not a "fun read" and has literally written reams of text that are factually wrong, wasting everyone's time

Yeah it's not just the derails (like this one) are bad his posts are bad in a vacuum. This is the only good thing that's come out of him being a poster:

quote:

The sound of metal chains whipping against bare flesh hang heavy in the air, like a bird flying into a headwind. The room is damp and sparsely lit. SUPERMECHAGODZILLA’s scarred jowls are illuminated by a desk lamp laying sideways on the floor

SUPERMECHAGODZILA
Which reading is true? Which reading is true? WHICH READING IS TRUE!?

KOOS
[Spits mouthful of blood] The words are used specifically for their literal intention, the events are straightforward so as to be easily understood by an audience of children.

The beating begins again, with a furious vigour, until SUPERMECHAGODZILLA can barely stand. He rests one hand against a dirty wall, sweat marring his 1993 Nebraska Film Festival hypercolor t-shirt.

SUPERMECHAGODZILA
The opposite reading is true… The opposite reading is true. I’ve been to college.

KOOS straightens his posture, his pride and dignity unscathed by the days long assault of a fat, stupid man.

KOOS
Any perceived allusions to facism in A Goofy Movie are a wholesale invention of a misguided viewer.

SUPERMECHAGODZILLA adopts the look of a man who has been defeated. Wearily, he grabs a shotgun that had been resting in the corner, and cocks it loudly.

KOOS
Goofy simply wishes to bond with his son through fishing, a traditional pastime, as he had done with his own father. It is neither parable nor allegory. Neither dog was molested, the material does not support this.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

DLC Inc posted:

Factual correctness has never been something very highly valued in the forums troll tradition, and posts are generally a waste of time by definition, so I can't really disagree with you but neither can I endorse your negative stance on it

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Has SMG ever admitted he's a troll or broke character? Are we sure he's not just a broken human?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Just Chamber posted:

Has SMG ever admitted he's a troll or broke character? Are we sure he's not just a broken human?

He's not a troll there were a few times in my CD posting days I got him mad questioning his bad posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
he regular posts all the time, people just tend to fixate on the zizek trolling