Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What of the announced new shows are you most excited about?
This poll is closed.
Uzumaki 29 33.33%
Fena Pirate Princess 13 14.94%
That Blade Runner Thing 5 5.75%
Trick Question: They're all bad 14 16.09%
Please just rerun Cowboy Bebop 26 29.89%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I reject your reality and substitute it with my own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I reject your reality and substitute it with my own

Her reality seems like it's kinda falling apart on it's own without Yuta even knowing about it or trying

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Akane you done hosed up your dream world

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Watch Tsuburaya and Chill

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
if God asks you to Netflix and chill, you say yes

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

GOOD THINGS DON"T HAPPEN TO ME THIS IS FAKE

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
My God, Utsumi's gonna shatter reality by realizing he's too much of a loser to score.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

TwoPair posted:

My God, Utsumi's gonna shatter reality by realizing he's too much of a loser to score.

cant take the goon out of the simulation

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

This triumphant rear end music after Akane fucks up happiness for herself in 3 separate dream realities :smith:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
So hey, who mentioned that in the original Gridman they could combine into a robot on their own and too bad that's not in this

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Dr Christmas posted:

When I was a kid I had the Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad toys, which were just renamed Hyper Agent Gridman toys, on which this mech was based. They were rad as hell! The vehicles could combine into a humanoid robot in addition to becoming armor for Gridman/Servo, which doesn’t seem to be the case for this show.

Surprise.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Wait a second, they can form their own robot? The gently caress have these losers been doing waiting on Yuta and Gridman every episode for?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

I get its an 30 min epsiode, but all these Kaiju suck at fighting

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

HOOOOOLD MY BREATH AS I WISH FOR DEEEAAATH

OH PLEASE GOD HELP MEEEEE

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

TwoPair posted:

Wait a second, they can form their own robot? The gently caress have these losers been doing waiting on Yuta and Gridman every episode for?
This kaiju was not optimized for combat, it wouldn't have gone nearly as smoothly against, say, the hyper-speed alien spear

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Akane attempting to Nietzche herself. Sad.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

man, this show is getting depressing as all hell

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I can’t tell if Akane is going through a normal dream or a nightmare right now.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Buckle up folks. We're entering the endgame.

Three episodes remain.

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

Argus Zant posted:

man, this show is getting depressing as all hell

Eh, it's still no Casshern Sins.

I should watch that again.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Volfogg posted:

Buckle up folks. We're entering the endgame.

Three episodes remain.

Wait really? Huh, guess I shouldn't have expected that much from a show that is explicitly based on a toku show and therefore very episodic but it feels like the plot hasn't really gone anywhere since the Akane reveal.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

TwoPair posted:

Wait really? Huh, guess I shouldn't have expected that much from a show that is explicitly based on a toku show and therefore very episodic but it feels like the plot hasn't really gone anywhere since the Akane reveal.

I mean, look at Akane. These last few episodes have clearly been showing her progression, trying to reach out (in a warped way) to the Gridman alliance and failing, leading to a slow breakdown.

Meanwhile, Anti's losing purpose from getting his rear end kicked repeatedly and being rejected by his creator, Rikka and Shu are slowly realizing the horrifying truth of their world despite trying to reject it, and Alexis is testing out new methods since Akane isn't working as well.

It's still episodic, sure, but characters are moving forward.

(Also, the Blu Rays had a special audio drama for this episode. It's pretty good.)

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
In one of the last two episodes of Gridman we got the second version of opening. It's mostly just some of the recent action scenes and combinations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a93HB3TCYoI

There's a third version of the opening so watch out for that since it contains spoilers.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
With how solid the anime was and how big a deal the movie was, I'm surprised Demon Slayer was put way back in the "why aren't you sleeping" time slot.

Happy to see that they've kept Toonami going and are continuing to put new shows onto it. I haven't had cable in forever, but it's still nice to know it's going on.

I'll try to remember to hop in for my annual Goonami visit sometime soon!

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

NowonSA posted:

With how solid the anime was and how big a deal the movie was, I'm surprised Demon Slayer was put way back in the "why aren't you sleeping" time slot.

That’s because it’s reruns now.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Demon Slayer movie is hitting theaters April 23rd and home June 22nd.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's also rated R.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

NowonSA posted:

Happy to see that they've kept Toonami going and are continuing to put new shows onto it. I haven't had cable in forever, but it's still nice to know it's going on.

I'll try to remember to hop in for my annual Goonami visit sometime soon!

It was in a prime spot. It's just in reruns now.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Promised Neverland S2 April 10 1:30

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I guess that's Gridman's replacement? I'm probably just gonna keep rewatching Season 1 instead.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

The biggest problem with S2 was it rushed and cut a bunch of stuff right ?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

fit em all up in there posted:

It has like two different major timeskips in a span of like 3 episodes, the pacing is not great

Lady Gagazula
Aug 13, 2005

Can't read my
Can't read my
No he can't read my
Joker Face
Melman

fit em all up in there posted:

That is correct. I am still unsure of the exact episode count for season 2, but several volumes of content from the manga have been skipped and we are already into endgame content unless there is a last minute curve ball that leads to a third season.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Remaining Episode counts as of March 17th:
Dragon Ball Super:25
Attack on Titan:7 episodes(Second half in the future)
Food Wars:21 episodes
Fire Force:7 episodes
Black Clover:29 Episodes
SSSS.Gridman: 3 episodes
Naruto:168 episodes :tif:
Demon Slayer: 7 episodes

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Don't know if I heard right, but is the reason Promised Neverland season 2 is... the way it is because they cut out all the parts where the kids have guns?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Mraagvpeine posted:

Don't know if I heard right, but is the reason Promised Neverland season 2 is... the way it is because they cut out all the parts where the kids have guns?

No cause they do that in the anime too if I recall.

But they appear to be changing the ending and pretty much cut 2 thirds of the series out. And also dropped a bunch of popular characters and plot points. Including ones from the first season.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Mar 17, 2021

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

It's a very bizarre choice on their part, makes me wonder if the producers gave them an ultimatum that they weren't getting a third season.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

https://cytu.be/r/goonami

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Promised Neverland S2 April 10 1:30

I just hope that it ends up being a normal trainwreck, instead of being the Astral Ocean to Season 1's Eureka 7.

PREVIOUSLY, ON TOONAMI

Attack on Titan - The big reason we were able to pull off this dumbass raid was that we've had help from Marlian defectors for the past few years, which has allowed Paradis to play some amount of catch-up on the tech tree. Also, I'm getting the distinct impression that the Marlian military might be dumb as hell.

Food Wars - Eh, setting up a food truck outside of the most popular eatery on the boardwalk turns out to have not been that great of an idea. But at least we're not completely loving up every single thing about this, unlike the Loser Platoon over there. Also, there was one last zinger suggesting something is up at our diner back home, and

Arist posted:

Whatever the gently caress you think that last scene was about, you are wrong, it's better than that

Fire Force - Uh, the Templars decided to make this whole 3-way rumble thing moot by giving the kid we came here to rescue a mental breakdown, turning him into a version of the Ceaseless Discharge that spews radiation instead of lava. So now we have to team up with the Umbrella flunkies to fight the Templars & CD. Then there were suddenly titties and weird sexual tension, and then something about having to thrust our sword into a thing to cause some type of explosion but we have to avoid pulling out. It was weird.

Black Clover Episode 141: Charlie and the Skullcrusher Mountain - Dietrich and Oscar investigate a sudden rash of butt-related stabbings across the Mountain.

S4 Gridman - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4whD6uAryMs

It has been 12 weeks since Cowboy Bebop was last on Toonami

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
ooo new bump package