Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SunyZ
Mar 16, 2021

(=^_^=)
Hey guys, really wanna see your art and lets talk about it! I mostly do traditional art myself and the minute i figure out how to add an image to a post i will share a bunch of mine as well hah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunyZ
Mar 16, 2021

(=^_^=)

Totally open for discussion. Critique. Whatever
1. Acrylic on canvas
2. Acrylic on water color paper.
3. Mixed media nonsense.

SunyZ fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Mar 18, 2021

SunyZ
Mar 16, 2021

(=^_^=)
154 lurkers. Alright. Commmmmme on. post. Talk poo poo on my art er sumthin at least. I wanna see whatever it is you got. Anything. I absolutely refuse for this to be a one page, lost thread. Here's some more of my poo poo.

Colored pencil drawing of a disgusting gently caress but hes cool with it and so is everyone else.

Acrylic painting on canvas of mojojojo for my friend. Don't know who that is?... I'm sorry I like bad cartoons.

And you know what, depressed slime boy from my sketch book just cuz. This is acrylic paint just in a normal journal, a bunch of stuff I just glued in and ink.

SunyZ fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Mar 18, 2021

SunyZ
Mar 16, 2021

(=^_^=)

This is verbalenima's best friend slash my boyfriend.

This is a pencil drawing of him in a sketchbook.

I think this is pretty good. I embellished the hat a bit and skipped the shirt. Cuz gently caress fabric.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
thanks? for name dropping me lmao

SunyZ
Mar 16, 2021

(=^_^=)
Lol your welcome
:p fart sounds.

SunyZ
Mar 16, 2021

(=^_^=)

Acrylic paint on canvas board

Same for this one

Acrylic on a broken record

SunyZ
Mar 16, 2021

(=^_^=)
600 people that don't want to say... anything... at all. Help me out here mah dudes. Tell me what I'm doing wrong or something. Share some art! Issa picture thread common now. Is easy fun poo poo.

Acrylic painting I did for one of my cousins for Christmas of a hammerhead

Another broken record acrylic painting. This ones cool cuz if you spin it the faces work both ways.

Coptic marker drawing of the clown "It" from the first movie.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
CC loving sucks if 655 cats cant even respond to a person tryna make some friends ya dicks!

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

SunyZ posted:

This is verbalenima's best friend slash my boyfriend.

I think this is pretty good. I embellished the hat a bit and skipped the shirt. Cuz gently caress fabric.

yo this is real good

sorry i'm not actually a CC poster i don't art, but being able to just pencil draw someone like seems utterly magical to me

also come hang out with art folks in byob too!

Heather Papps
Nov 1, 2007

hello friend

maybe it's just because i am a large fan of dragonflies but i really like this. no criticism to offer but i also love the little flower fuzz.

blaise rascal
May 16, 2012

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."

[/quote]
big big fan of the dog potion! i really dig your style.

not really criticism per se, but I'd love to see you make something with a more elaborate background. bet it would be very cool.

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

I like your art OP. I think Blaise is onto something though, most of these are all foreground or rather simple backgrounds. Just food for thought as you continue to create and grow as an artist.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

SunyZ posted:

this is good but i think you should give fabric a chance because it’s really fun to draw once you get into the rhythm of it

SunyZ
Mar 16, 2021

(=^_^=)
Thanks guys! Much appreciated. I'll try to find some poo poo where I did a background but I cant think of any honestly. I'll have to give that a shot

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

these are really good and i'd have them on the wall though the freaky ones might need to be in a corner somewhere so i coudl come upon them and go whoa every now and then

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
I love all your work!

I'm absolutely terrible at traditional painting, both acrylic and oil. Like, just bad.

For some reason I can paint digitally fairly well. I just work better on a computer it seems. This may be the only painting of mine that turned out "decent".

But even then, there's a lot of critique that can be made about it.

I'm a photographer at heart, that's really where my passion lies.

I've been developing a technique for painting in an impressionist style over my photos with some tools I got from a lady who developes really neat Photoshop brushes that mimick real paint techniques like oil and watercolor, etc. I haven't decided how I'm going to go forward with it though. The best I've come to so far is taking my actual photos, developing them to an extreme, almost dreamy, colorful look, then re-painting them as impressionist art in Photoshop. It gives it a very neat look, and the more time you spend on it, and the finer the brushes you use for detail, the more it actually starts to resemble real painting.

I'll get some uploads to show you how I've been progressing with it.

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
I'm still developing this technique. But this should show the process from photo to... art? Drawing? Painting? I don't know what to call this.

Full-resolution: https://i.postimg.cc/JrpZkTL3/Model-1080.jpg

With this I kind of went with a "breaking through" feel, like the model is coming out of a painting. I threw a colorful flower in this example to liven poo poo up. Not sure if this is a direction I want to go in, would take suggestions and feedback.

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

I really like these two. Silhouettes are a favorite of mine. And the puppy just touches a special place in my soul.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

KaBob posted:

I really like these two. Silhouettes are a favorite of mine. And the puppy just touches a special place in my soul.

If dragonfly body was more plain black I wonder if it even more striking

I love it that's why I'm saying anything at all the flower fuzz as someone mentioned

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

verbal enema posted:

CC loving sucks if 655 cats cant even respond to a person tryna make some friends ya dicks!

It sort of does! I have the same issues with my own CC thread but who knows. I think the days of personal forum art threads with an active audience went the way of most internet forums, abandoned for reddit and Facebook groups. It's not really the same thing since it feels more like shouting in the void than community participation, but that's the breaks with an evolving internet I guess :shrug:

Anyhow, I like the stuff, please post more paintings and doodles 🙏

EDIT: oh shi- this ain't recent, why am I browsing around :laffo:

White Light fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Oct 3, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
It's been a real struggle to generate more activity in this forum, I think largely because people bookmark the handful of active threads and don't look elsewhere.

If anyone has any ideas, I'm open! I spent the first couple months of being a mod trying to tug at strings and get more activity, but people kinda just stick to the threads they like. There's been talk about doing a CC/GBS collab thread to encourage people to post more fun casual poo poo, but I'm also exceedingly busy with work lately so it's been hard to get off the ground. I'm still planning on doing that, but it doesn't really solve the eternal SA problem of people browsing their bookmarks.

e: haha it took me way too long to figure out this thread was over a year old. The point is still valid though: CC should suck less

Sitting Here fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Oct 2, 2022