Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise

Woah. I'm actually awake in time for one of these

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fps_nug

horsing around no longer
fatal deviation. a new favourite

thanks 2 balls dildo

Manifisto

fps_nug posted:

did we ever learn what the "deviation" was and why (and to whom) it was fatal?

dad being carnally attracted to fireplaces is definitely deviant, but can we really say it was fatal?

ty nesamdoom!

Prof. Crocodile

fps_nug posted:

enjoy the slide!

Pigsfeet on Rye

I'm meat on the hoof

Heather Papps posted:

i think i found a real pot of gold, folks.
tonight, at 4:00 PM PST/ 7:00 PM EST/ Midnight GMT (ish) please join us as we marvel at FATAL DEVIATION, irelands first ever full length locally produced martial arts action film!

i watched some chunks to see if it was gonna be as funny as i thought it would be, and oh boy, it's... another in a long list of films staring martial arts guys who got ahold of a camera and realized they could get a girl to kiss them if they wrote it into a movie.

starting approx fifteen minutes before that we have chapter 7 of the mysterious dr satan: THE MONSTER STRIKES

also bfm and i have been conversing about the fuuuuuuture of mooooooovie nights, and i think it'll make things a lot more fun moving forward! we will keep everyone posted!

The was the most amazingly lovely movie! I noted that it was holistically terrible, it was far worse than the sum of its parts. Bad writing, horrible sound, lovely camerawork, cheesy acting, and a budget of about $175 + all you can drink contributed to a laugh-fest! Thanks for the choice, HP!

From Wikipedia: "Fatal Deviation is a low-budget cult film produced and set in Trim, County Meath, Ireland. Produced in 1998, it enjoys the distinction of being Ireland's first full-length martial arts film. The film stars real-life martial arts enthusiast James Bennett. The film was conceived by James Bennett. Many have considered this film to be one of the worst films ever made. The movie went straight to video without a theatrical release."

Also: "In 2010, Luke McKinney of Cracked.com labeled the film "the worst film ever made."[7] The Irish Post named it the worst Irish film of all time,[8] and the Irish Independent wrote that it is "now regarded as one of the worst films ever made".[9] Entertainment.ie placed it on its list of "10 So Bad They're Good Movies You Need To See Before You Die".[10] The film has had something of a revival in popularity, largely thanks to video and written essays poking fun at the film's story and technical details.[11][12][13]"

In short, everyone owes it to themselves to watch it.

Pigsfeet on Rye fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Mar 18, 2021

Heather Papps

hello friend

in case you missed the main attraction and want to check out the BEST irish martial arts film of all time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPne3Wh0lqk

i assumed the fatalness of the deviation was due to like... redirecting blood? it was the blood, being deviated from it's course that was so fatal.

but i'm not sure because i am still struggling to stitch together the complex narrative that is... FATAL DEVIATION

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Pigsfeet on Rye

I'm meat on the hoof

Heather Papps posted:

in case you missed the main attraction and want to check out the BEST irish martial arts film of all time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPne3Wh0lqk

i assumed the fatalness of the deviation was due to like... redirecting blood? it was the blood, being deviated from it's course that was so fatal.

but i'm not sure because i am still struggling to stitch together the complex narrative that is... FATAL DEVIATION

Awesome, I'll probably rewatch it this weekend!

biosterous

"you made me look bad, and that's not good"

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

take the moon

by sebmojo

Manifisto posted:

did we ever learn what the "deviation" was and why (and to whom) it was fatal?

dad being carnally attracted to fireplaces is definitely deviant, but can we really say it was fatal?

this question is loving haunting me. i couldnt tell if i was hallucinating when the screen went blurry and the word fatal deviation was repeated over & over in the foreground of the dubbing as they did some weird flashback cuts. if i was, im sorry i legit had a schiz ep watching fatal deviation

srlsy hope other ppl heard that too lol

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Pigsfeet on Rye

I'm meat on the hoof
I think this scene was the high point of the movie:

Eventually ended up with MANASS

ed: Imagine being Justin Harmon, whose IMDB credit is limited to "Fatal Deviation...Man in Bath", though he was also the producer. Poor guy.

Allegedly there might be a FATAL DEVIATION PART 2!!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/ireland/comments/eeo5d8/fatal_deviation_2_confirmed_by_creator_himself/

Pigsfeet on Rye fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Mar 18, 2021

Heather Papps

hello friend

it's not an exact match to "the classic" but it's very close

biosterous

take the moon posted:

this question is loving haunting me. i couldnt tell if i was hallucinating when the screen went blurry and the word fatal deviation was repeated over & over in the foreground of the dubbing as they did some weird flashback cuts. if i was, im sorry i legit had a schiz ep watching fatal deviation

srlsy hope other ppl heard that too lol

good news that was indeed what happened in the movie

it made no sense lol

gallery of sigs

he/him

Pigsfeet on Rye

I'm meat on the hoof
I watched most of it again. It was even worse than I remembered.

Prof. Crocodile

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

I watched most of it again. It was even worse than I remembered.

would it be fair to say that you did not enjoy the slide?

Pigsfeet on Rye

I'm meat on the hoof

Prof. Crocodile posted:

would it be fair to say that you did not enjoy the slide?

Absolutely true. I ended up doing some tactical skipping through the movie.

Heather Papps

hello friend

hello everyone! so if you were around on wednesday we discussed the move to sharing movies and such thru discord. the group is here: https://discord.gg/YdN5YKFF

i am winnowing down film choices currently. so far we have had belgian, japanese, irish, weimar era germany and canada so i am attempting to pick other nations, but i have a feeling we may dip our toes back into japan tonight. the subtitle fiasco that was auto translated tampopo makes me feel like we didn't do the islands right.

Heather Papps fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Mar 20, 2021

Heather Papps

hello friend

it's time to go BACK TO JAPAN! tonight, at 4:00 PM PST/ 7:00 PM EST/ Midnight GMT @ http://psp-tv.com/r/BYOBmovies we'll be watching "one cut of the dead!"

i don't want to say too much about it because it is one of the most heartwarming films i've seen, and going into it thinking "it's a single shot zombie movie" is the exact right way to go into it!

as well, approx 20 minutes before hand we'll be continuing the epic adventures of the copperhead and the mysetrious dr satan!

please join us if you've got no other plans! we'd love to watch movies with you!

biosterous

that was so loving good

gallery of sigs

he/him

Heather Papps

hello friend

biosterous posted:

that was so loving good

i had a blast, as per usual.

thank you everyone for stopping by!

Pigsfeet on Rye

I'm meat on the hoof
One Cut of the Dead was a fantastic movie, I couldn't stop laughing during the last part. Great choice!

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
That was a fun and clever twist on two very tired genres. Did not expect to enjoy it, but I did.

Heather Papps

hello friend

i like movies that make me smile, and one cut made me REALLY smile!

thank you everyone for giving it a shot - i am also kinda burnt out on zombers, but a family working hard to overcome problems is something i never get tired of.

Heather Papps

hello friend

4:00 PM PST/ 7:00 PM EST/ Midnight GMT @ http://psp-tv.com/r/BYOBmovies

tonight we have an extremely educational coupons and deals movie night, from everyones favourite nation continent, australia!
"the great gold swindle" is based on the perth mint swindle, (not to be confused with the 2012 film also based on the perth mint swindle called "the great mint swindle"), the true story of a gold robbery and three brothers who may or may not have done it.

this one should be interesting. it's an australian tv movie from 1984, a combination of words that is delightful to me for some reason.

stop by around 6:40 for the continuing battles of the mysterious dr satan, the copperhead and the hugbot!

(the artist for this poster admires the dive as much as i do, clearly)

see you there! or, uh... read you there!

Manifisto

Heather Papps posted:

the true story of a gold robbery and three brothers who may or may not have done it.

well I certainly didn't do it . . . uh, who said that? I thought I heard somebody say I did it . . . well in any event I didn't :ninja:

ty nesamdoom!

Prof. Crocodile

I said this in the chat, but it bears repeating: I missed the climax of The Great Gold Swindle because I didn't know that it was happening, even though I was watching it happen.

Buttchocks

If i hadn't known it was about a gold heist, I would not have realized what their crime was.

Manifisto

I liked the not one but two parts in the movie consisting of bank people reading a series of consecutive gold bar serial numbers out loud

ty nesamdoom!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

"I didn't know it was gold!"

Escape From Noise

Actually a pretty good movie but the entirety of Schizopolis is up on youtube!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFoOSVDzgGE

Heather Papps

hello friend

nice, i'll add it to the list. so there have been a few recs for tonights film i'm taking into account because i did not realize the film i had initially picked was TWO HOURS AND FORTY MINUTES

that... seems very long to me.

aguirre is shorter, and is something i've wanted to watch forever, but stars klaus kinski and is gonna be brutal by the nature of the story it is telling.

the long film i'd picked is singham 2, a tamil language action bollywood song and dance and fight and love extravaganza, but i am not married to it especially at that length. i have strong memories of watching singham the first for a movie night more than a year ago but i am not sure which one, (there are around 5 versions of singham).

anyways any thoughts? closing out foreign film month here at byob movie night, and i feel like bollywood is a bit more byob but if folk wanna watch aguirre i'm down to watch and joke about it.

Manifisto

2:40 seems extremely long I am sorry to say. I would be down for a shorter bollywood flick tho, or aguirre.

ty nesamdoom!

Plant MONSTER.

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I woudn't say no to the longer film. Just means more time for us to spend together, having laughs.

Buttchocks

2:40 isn't that long for bollywood. I don't mind longer films if they're worth a sit

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
Aguirre is probably a superb film but I would really prefer most anything else and will rationalize my personal prejudice by saying it might not be a movie night movie?

Heather Papps

hello friend

Bright Bart posted:

Aguirre is probably a superb film but I would really prefer most anything else and will rationalize my personal prejudice by saying it might not be a movie night movie?

yeah this is kind of my thought. we've had touches of real darkness this month, i think we need some light.

i did discover there is a lady singham film, but was not able to find a copy with subtitles.

okay gonna find posters and type up a post!

Buttchocks posted:

2:40 isn't that long for bollywood. I don't mind longer films if they're worth a sit

yeah it looks like 2 hours is the minimum for bollywood film. in my experience the good ones fly by tho'

Manifisto

i'm willing to do the longer film if that's what folks prefer

Heather Papps

hello friend

tonight! starting at six thirty easter daylight time we'll be watching more of the mysterious dr satan!

(look how friendly hugbot looks in this poster)

followed by singam 2!

i may be completely offbase but i am certain at some point there was a movie night where we watched the first singam film, of which there are a bunch of regional variants and also a childrens cartoon spun off of.
there will be fighting and singing and dancing. please join us, or just pop in to gawk at the sights and sounds for a few minutes.

Prof. Crocodile

I am out tonight carousing, but know that in my heart I;m thinking about thos shorts.

Heather Papps

hello friend

Prof. Crocodile posted:

I am out tonight carousing, but know that in my heart I;m thinking about thos shorts.

we only watched one tonight, and uh i am like 80% sure i accidentally replayed the short from post film on wednesday so it is possible you actually didn't miss anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye

I'm meat on the hoof
That was just over-the-top incredible. Nonsynchronous subtitles only added to the merriment. Great choice for a movie!