Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jiffynuts
Jul 6, 2005

It's a-me-a-ha-me-ha
Just a heads up, the movie leaked "on the internet", so there's going to be all sorts of extra spoilers and screencaps floating around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Chairman Capone posted:

It always made me laugh when in Winter Soldier, they mention both that Black Widow worked for the KGB... and was born in 1986. So canonically she was a 5 year old KGB agent.

If you believe the KGB is actually gone

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Should be better than people passing around motion smoothed gifs to laugh at.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

brawleh posted:

Okay, this is kind of a spoiler, but not really, though still gonna tag it - clips are starting to show up online. It’s another interesting look at how Snyder’s footage was edited and pared down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Opr3LqCjHPU

https://youtu.be/YwLAmlrkWyY?t=166

Just in terms of the clearer continuity in terms of Hippolyta chasing after Steppenwolf and the mother box through the sequence, rather than just disappearing and reappearing.

I hated the Amazon scene in theatrical even though I could tell Snyder shot much of it. Now I understand the problem.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

brawleh posted:

Okay, this is kind of a spoiler, but not really, though still gonna tag it - clips are starting to show up online. It’s another interesting look at how Snyder’s footage was edited and pared down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Opr3LqCjHPU

https://youtu.be/YwLAmlrkWyY?t=166

Just in terms of the clearer continuity in terms of Hippolyta chasing after Steppenwolf and the mother box through the sequence, rather than just disappearing and reappearing.

If nothing else, the side by side comparison analyses that come from this are going to be astounding. As in, I could see pedagogical implementation for this.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So I’m rewatching a lot of the extras for MoS and BvS and one thing that gets talked about there, but often doesn’t come up is the dress of Bruce Wayne and it’s austerity. I have to say I just absolutely loving love the dress of Wayne, it is austere, but just so good and classy looking. Like goddamn I wish I could wear something that nice, even though I love casual wear and also goddamn I don’t have that body. Also for what it’s worth I’ve definitely seen Zack wearing similar vest outfits to Bruce a few times in pictures and BTS footage.

I’m actually thinking of picking up the BvS art book, Amazon has it for like half off, because I just love the look of things. It’s funny how I’ve come around on Zack’s movies, because besides Dawn, I really only like the DC movies. One funny thing was I used to dislike and goof on the lighting and color as much as most, but honestly BvS doesn’t suffer from that and I think it’s due to his regular DP Larry Fong (?) shooting it vs MoS. I still think MoS can be odd in some scenes, but honestly it’s less and less each time I’ve watched it.

Also am I the only one hoping that Christina Wren (Carrie Farris), pops up in the movie too? It would also feel odd with Superman’s thirsty fan not being in it.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Mar 17, 2021

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008

Chieves posted:

If nothing else, the side by side comparison analyses that come from this are going to be astounding. As in, I could see pedagogical implementation for this.

It's so great, especially since they are so different as directors. It'd be like if Tarantino and, I don't know, Brett Ratner used the same raw footage to make a movie.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Alexander Hamilton posted:

It's so great, especially since they are so different as directors. It'd be like if Tarantino and, I don't know, Brett Ratner used the same raw footage to make a movie.

Werner Herzog vs. Tommy Wiseau

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Asteroid Alert posted:

All the critic talk aside, how have people around you reacted to this movie coming out?

Between covid keeping me away from folks and most of my online friend circles not caring about superhero films, there mostly hasn't been a reaction. The closest thing was maybe my Mom saying she wanted to see "a director's cut" of JL after watching the Joss cut on a whim some months ago. :lol:

CelticPredator posted:

How lazy are where you gently caress up that bad with a DOB.

If I had to guess I'd say it was something like the birthday of some VFX artist's kid.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Asteroid Alert posted:

All the critic talk aside, how have people around you reacted to this movie coming out?

In one of the communities I frequent, there's some interest. The people there aren't Snyder fanboys, but they are curious. These people are also put off by the 4 hour runtime.

Maybe releasing as a series would've been better for the bingewatching generation? Just drop it all in one go, the "4 HOURS OMG!" talk would be just a footnote.

One of my discords I'm in, I've been the snyder cut guy in there and theres a few dudes who like to make fun but its all good. In my IRL circles, people are very excited. My friends have been talking about rewatching Man of Steel and BvS

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Schwarzwald posted:

Between covid keeping me away from folks and most of my online friend circles not caring about superhero films, there mostly hasn't been a reaction. The closest thing was maybe my Mom saying she wanted to see "a director's cut" of JL after watching the Joss cut on a whim some months ago. :lol:

Yeah beyond the Halo logo thing I don't know anyone who cares. It came up briefly in a movie discussion on Slack at work but immediately switched topics to Marvel shows

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alexander Hamilton posted:

Somewhat related. A friend told me that Zack said that the Black Zero Event was designed so it can be combined by fans if they wanted to themselves. Is that actually something he said? As someone who wanted to be an editor once, I think it’s an incredible cool thing and I’m always mesmerized by how well it works in terms of continuity.

Honestly the only thing that prevents most edits from looking dead one, would be figuring out how to score the scene, since the music for both is great, but also very tonally different. I have a friend interviewing Junkie XL for for the Kong press junket and he said he’d ask him, if they have any time or the ability to discuss non Kong stuff, if I get him the question. I just need to figure out how to make it succinct to make it clear.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
It's happening tomorrow boys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe2jKs7sfrs

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal

Asteroid Alert posted:

In one of the communities I frequent, there's some interest. The people there aren't Snyder fanboys, but they are curious. These people are also put off by the 4 hour runtime.

Maybe releasing as a series would've been better for the bingewatching generation? Just drop it all in one go, the "4 HOURS OMG!" talk would be just a footnote.

A few my friends who aren't fans of MoS or BvS were not interested until the reviews and now they really want to see it.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Let's do this poo poo. I've never seen the artist win in my entire life.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Darko posted:

Let's do this poo poo. I've never seen the artist win in my entire life.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKNNoEPaiGw

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

lol

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Oh my god. :lol:
Frame that post.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal

I have watched this like 10 times and Im so mad it makes me laugh so hard because I will start inevitably thinking about it during ZSJL and will ruin a few scenes.

"Darkdarkman" and "The electrons call him....brother" get me everytime.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Lmfao

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

I feel like a good half of the made up superhero names in this have to be real. There's no way someone hasn't written an Ionic Man.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Ionic Man sounds like some Legion of Superheroes Member who had to go back in time to join the JSA.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Old Marvel comics referred to "ionic energy" a lot, there was a character called Wonder Man powered by it.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

sean10mm posted:

Old Marvel comics referred to "ionic energy" a lot, there was a character called Wonder Man powered by it.

And now it's part of our hvac systems to fight covid in the classroom

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

sean10mm posted:

The very early Iron Man issues referred to the power of transistors a lot. Also the suit just plugged into a normal wall socket to recharge.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

MacheteZombie posted:

And now it's part of our hvac systems to fight covid in the classroom

Ionic Man battles the Legionnaires of Doom?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I shared this in the dome now I'm sharing it here

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
So has there been confirmation of what time it's dropping yet? 3am EST?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Basebf555 posted:

So has there been confirmation of what time it's dropping yet? 3am EST?

Twitter officially says 2AM central time, but the official countdown timeer site says 3AM central... so :shrug:

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

It's at 12 AM PST, which is five hours from now. So EST will be 3 AM

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Roth posted:

Oh ok, yeah. Hope that's the case. I'm just all paranoid because this site says it's going live in under 3 hours for me lol https://zacksnydersjusticeleague.dcuniverseinfinite.com/

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Roth posted:

You mean PDT though right, not PST? But then... I'm confused because you posted this when it was 6 hours until 12 PDT.

Why would they refer to PST right now tho argh im confused and tired

e: nvm I was confusing myself with the SA forum clock which apparently did not adapt to daylight savings time, how have I never noticed this

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

I will be asleep, but I hope everyone has a hilarious time enjoying the movie.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Blue Raider posted:

I will be asleep, but I hope everyone has a hilarious time enjoying the movie.

:cheers:

ETA ~15 min until BvS stream in the CineD Discord. Join the Snack Snyder Chat voice channel if you want to watch! Please remember to mute your mic if you join. Thanks :)

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

teagone posted:

Twitter officially says 2AM central time, but the official countdown timeer site says 3AM central... so :shrug:
It says 12 AM for me and I'm in ET. That's odd.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Mr. Apollo posted:

It says 12 AM for me and I'm in ET. That's odd.

It'll be hilarious if it drops 12AM central time. I'll just stop BvS midstream and switch over.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

See you guys Friday, I'm unsubscribing the thread because I won't be watching till like later tomorrow night

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Yeah, just want to say I probably won't be able to watch it until Thursday evening or Friday, so am going to dip out until then.

But in time, I will join you all in the sun.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I would love to watch the streams but they don't work for me time wise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violator
May 15, 2003

Detective No. 27 posted:

I would love to watch the streams but they don't work for me time wise.

Yeah, sorry teagone, been on this journey with you guys for years but the timing bit me in the rear end. :(