Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

thathonkey posted:

i always toss the red salsa cause it sucks

Oh man, you're going to be on my wife's shitlist just like the guy who said the chocolate chunk cookies have too much chocolate ("Tell that to a woman on her period!")

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

The Mateo's salsa is really where it's at, has a pleasant little kick to it too

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

RocketLunatic posted:

I heard about them in this thread and we finally found them in the desert aisle. We almost missed them. I have a mixed feeling about boba, though I like it. It’s different but it’s good.

Here’s an article about them:

https://www.mashed.com/296821/people-cant-stop-talking-about-these-boba-ice-cream-bars-at-costco/

I got some of these from an HMart and they kicked rear end. Knowing that Costco has them is dangerous information.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

Smugworth posted:

I don't know where the corn tortillas are sourced but I really liked them, they were somewhat more dense and durable that your average corn tortilla and pretty tasty after throwing them on a skillet

They're the only corn tortillas I like!

The street taco salsa is an upgrade to Pace ("New York City!"), but that crema is where it's at.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

GI_Clutch posted:

Oh man, you're going to be on my wife's shitlist just like the guy who said the chocolate chunk cookies have too much chocolate ("Tell that to a woman on her period!")

i mean it's fine ... if you enjoy marinara sauce on your delicious street tacos

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Thwomp posted:

Friends, I have a new washer and dryer set courtesy of Costco. Delivery people (while not formally part of the church) came during the specified window and had everything all hooked up and ready inside an hour. Great price too.

Next year’s costco rebates are going to be sick (executive member and citi card holder).

I have a stacked PBUC on this as these appliances went on sale Sunday and church is refunding me the cost difference. I don’t know exactly when they consider these purchased or if they were just kind but I’ve got $200+ coming back to me.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Tech days apparently just started. I see a netgear nighthawk 6 stream ax4300 wifi 6 router!

Anyone got one of these ufos? Hows the signal?

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Tech days apparently just started. I see a netgear nighthawk 6 stream ax4300 wifi 6 router!

The folks in the Networking thread are not really recommending WiFi 6 yet unless you have a bunch of devices using 6. Might be better to wait, although Amazon has a decent WiFi 6 tp-link router for $99.

I’ve had good and bad experiences with Netgear stuff so it’s probably decent.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I've been thinking about renewing my membership, maybe now is the time to do it. Do they have audio visual stuff on sale?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
I found the costco taco pack to be ... ok? It was an easy meal, but it really made me want something better. Maybe the deli just had an off day when they made mine.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\
Skip the tacos and get the enchilada lasagna. Its delicious spicy enchilada sauce, cheese, meat, and beans between layers of tortillas.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

El Jebus posted:

I found the costco taco pack to be ... ok? It was an easy meal, but it really made me want something better. Maybe the deli just had an off day when they made mine.

nah thats all it is like all of the other ones too theyre not gonna blow you away just a reliably easy dinner for cheap that can feed your family

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

stealie72 posted:

Skip the tacos and get the enchilada lasagna. Its delicious spicy enchilada sauce, cheese, meat, and beans between layers of tortillas.

Oh yeah that is a good suggestion. I bought that for a friend as bereavement food, outside of pot pie season, and it got high marks.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

stealie72 posted:

Skip the tacos and get the take-n-bake mac and cheese or chicken alfredo.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
The pasta bake really grew on me but I can’t bring myself to pay 5 bucks a pound for pasta and spinach even on sale, unless I am in super dire need of a convenience meal

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

When you think about it, cheese is a meal in itself if you eat enough of it. Just buy and eat cheese

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
eating an entire brie for dinner

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

thathonkey posted:

eating an entire brie for dinner

Please don't dox me

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

When you think about it, cheese is a meal in itself if you eat enough of it. Just buy and eat cheese

I didn't know my wife was a goon. Love you, honey!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

norp posted:

Please don't dox me

i got a small wheel of the Jasper Hill stinky washed rind cheese they carried for awhile. ate it over one weekend by myself while watchin tv and snacking on crackers and salami. like 5000 calories i calculated.

i try to avoid the cheese isle these days

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

jasper hill is the bomb dot com, make sure you let it it sit out for a while till it gets nice and runny. i assume it was the harbison

e:

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Mar 18, 2021

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

jasper hill is the bomb dot com, make sure you let it it sit out for a while till it gets nice and runny. i assume it was the harbison

cold cheese is trash for bad people. i look down on you if you offer me cold cheese. its an affront to all i believe in.

yeah the Harbison :worship:

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Chinatown posted:

cold cheese is trash for bad people. i look down on you if you offer me cold cheese. its an affront to all i believe in.
CHURCH

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

RocketLunatic posted:

The folks in the Networking thread are not really recommending WiFi 6 yet unless you have a bunch of devices using 6. Might be better to wait, although Amazon has a decent WiFi 6 tp-link router for $99.

I’ve had good and bad experiences with Netgear stuff so it’s probably decent.

Ah! I see. In my excitement i forgot i need a cable modem/router and not a router. Oops the search continues

astral
Apr 26, 2004

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Ah! I see. In my excitement i forgot i need a cable modem/router and not a router. Oops the search continues

Definitely recommend getting separate devices for cable modem and router. Combo units tend to lack features, fall behind on security patches, and if one part of it breaks you're more or less required to replace the whole unit instead of just the relevant part.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Also the better routers tend to be just plain old routers without a modem attached anyway. You get more options, better performance, and more control by buying separate.

You don't need to go crazy with a modem. Buy something labeled DOCSIS 3.1 and you'll basically be good to go for the foreseeable future, it's more likely that the modem will poo poo itself before it becomes obsolete. Only catch is, some ISPs will restrict you to specific models, so it's probably a good idea to check that first.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Dinner today is frozen spinach ravioli.

The "gently caress it, I don't know what else to cook" dinner of choice since the days of Price Club.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Renegret posted:

Dinner today is frozen spinach ravioli.

The "gently caress it, I don't know what else to cook" dinner of choice since the days of Price Club.
Try heating it up, makes it even better!

(mine is probably frozen chicken tenders and then later a frozen corn dog)

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Martman posted:

Try heating it up, makes it even better!

(mine is probably frozen chicken tenders and then later a frozen corn dog)

I love me some frozen chicken strips. And we're on our 3rd box of dino chicken nuggets because it's, uh, totally for the kiddo. Nevermind that he refuses to even try one.

The frozen spinach ravioli will always have a special place in my heart though. I remember being a teenager and thinking they were gross as hell. My parents always ate them as a, gently caress it I'm not cooking today you're on your own dinner. Many years later with a family on my own, I've turned into my own father.

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe
no, I'm not standing in the kitchen at 4 in the morning eating pickled pepeprs straight out of the jar, you are. leave me alone.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

Renegret posted:

Also the better routers tend to be just plain old routers without a modem attached anyway. You get more options, better performance, and more control by buying separate.

You don't need to go crazy with a modem. Buy something labeled DOCSIS 3.1 and you'll basically be good to go for the foreseeable future, it's more likely that the modem will poo poo itself before it becomes obsolete. Only catch is, some ISPs will restrict you to specific models, so it's probably a good idea to check that first.

To add to this, I bought the current netgear modem available from Costco. I have gigabit Comcast internet and it’s worked flawlessly. Would recommend. I have UniFi equipment on my side of it if that matters and it’s all worked really well

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I got so mad at my wifi routers not doing what they had to do so I says to myself "self, give me something that will look embarrassing but also work really, really well" and Costco hooked me up with a Netgear Nighthawk and things have been smooth since.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

I got so mad at my wifi routers not doing what they had to do so I says to myself "self, give me something that will look embarrassing but also work really, really well" and Costco hooked me up with a Netgear Nighthawk and things have been smooth since.

It's strange to me the options in routers are the most aggressive looking things or the softest modern boxes in my house.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

namlosh posted:

To add to this, I bought the current netgear modem available from Costco. I have gigabit Comcast internet and it’s worked flawlessly. Would recommend. I have UniFi equipment on my side of it if that matters and it’s all worked really well

I looked into Comcast's gigabit, and was pretty disappointed. Only 35 MBps up, and +$50/mo extra for unlimited. AT&T's gigabit is $70/mo unlimited, and down/up is synchronous.

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

ixo posted:

no, I'm not standing in the kitchen at 4 in the morning eating pickled pepeprs straight out of the jar, you are. leave me alone.

These are a pro-buy, I love them on scrambled eggs or pasta and they're a pantry staple for me now.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I looked into Comcast's gigabit, and was pretty disappointed. Only 35 MBps up, and +$50/mo extra for unlimited. AT&T's gigabit is $70/mo unlimited, and down/up is synchronous.

Is the AT&T option fiber?

The short version is that gigabit over DOCSIS is really loving hard and gigabit upstream is even harder and I don't know if such a thing is possible yet. Not saying it's not, just that I don't know if it is. And ultimately, there's extremely little demand for upstream in residential neighborhoods so from a business perspective, it really doesn't make sense for ISPs to sink money into something that most people don't actually need outside of one or two power users. If an evil, power hungry corporation is going to be willing to spend money for an upgrade, you can bet that they're going to make sure it was worth it.

Yes there was a sharp uptick in utilization due to COVID WFH mania but what was needed more was bandwidth, not speed.

One thing to keep in mind too, you need the same equipment to do upstream vs. downstream. For downstream, you have a nice safe temperature controlled building where you can safely rack millions of dollars of equipment in a precisely controlled environment. For upstream, you throw that poo poo on a utility pole, exposed to extreme weather, and have a few spares on hand for when it inevitably gets hit by a car. Or struck by lightning. Or vandalized. When something goes wrong in the DOCSIS plant, it's almost always on the upstream. And by lowering upstream speeds, you actually make it more robust.

(Full disclosure, gigabit DOCSIS is possible due to a new tech. I'm familiar with this tech on the downstream but I know next to nothing about it on the upstream. But I see no reason the same limitations wouldn't apply)

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Renegret posted:

Is the AT&T option fiber?

The short version is that gigabit over DOCSIS is really loving hard and gigabit upstream is even harder and I don't know if such a thing is possible yet. Not saying it's not, just that I don't know if it is. And ultimately, there's extremely little demand for upstream in residential neighborhoods so from a business perspective, it really doesn't make sense for ISPs to sink money into something that most people don't actually need outside of one or two power users. If an evil, power hungry corporation is going to be willing to spend money for an upgrade, you can bet that they're going to make sure it was worth it.

Yes there was a sharp uptick in utilization due to COVID WFH mania but what was needed more was bandwidth, not speed.

One thing to keep in mind too, you need the same equipment to do upstream vs. downstream. For downstream, you have a nice safe temperature controlled building where you can safely rack millions of dollars of equipment in a precisely controlled environment. For upstream, you throw that poo poo on a utility pole, exposed to extreme weather, and have a few spares on hand for when it inevitably gets hit by a car. Or struck by lightning. Or vandalized. When something goes wrong in the DOCSIS plant, it's almost always on the upstream. And by lowering upstream speeds, you actually make it more robust.

(Full disclosure, gigabit DOCSIS is possible due to a new tech. I'm familiar with this tech on the downstream but I know next to nothing about it on the upstream. But I see no reason the same limitations wouldn't apply)

Sir this is a Costco gas station.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
my internet is slow, i think my tubes got jammed up

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.
This is probably heresy to post non-Costco stuff in this "church" thread, but I just noticed Woot is selling the same Winix Air Purifiers for like $30 off (but without the great Costco warranty, refurbished, and fewer filters). An option for you people who may be on the fence. We are still thinking about getting two more when we head back to Costco in a week or two, if they have them in stock.

https://www.woot.com/offers/winix-c545-4-stage-wifi-air-purifier-10

I'm trying to decide if I should order a couple more sets of filters just for the future. But I am also tempted to order a couple from Woot to save the $60.

The extra filters are here:
https://www.costco.com/winix-replacement-filter-s-for-c545-air-purifier.product.100520768.html

There is a two pack for like $70.

So far, not sure if it is making a huge impact on the air quality in my bedroom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

astral
Apr 26, 2004

You'd need the filters sooner or later, so I'd say go with the Costco unit that's new and gives you all the Costco benefits.