Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

The_Franz posted:

glass shower doors, particularly modern frameless and semi-frameless, are nice and easy to clean

whoever invented these can go to hell though:

designer: "what if a shower door that didn't keep the water in, cold air out or do anything that a shower door is supposed to do?"
architect: "brilliant! we'll take 1000 for our new hotel!"

I'm absolutely forced to assume that it's a sex thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

My current shower takes up an end of the bathroom and has a weird double showerhead setup, one on each opposing wall that I assume is a sex thing. Suck and gently caress without the taller person hogging the water.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

shoeberto posted:

Has it gotten annoying hearing Bill Gates droning on in the back of your mind about kneeling before the new world order yet? I get pretty irritated by repetitive noises so it's the thing I'm most worried about.

your 5G must be malfunctioning, the script is about the information superhighway

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Fortaleza posted:

My current shower takes up an end of the bathroom and has a weird double showerhead setup, one on each opposing wall that I assume is a sex thing. Suck and gently caress without the taller person hogging the water.

dual showerheads are glorious

i bought a thing that has a shower head plus a shower wand and i can stand and have showers on the front and back at the same time and it's loving luxurious

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Sagebrush posted:

i had one of those in my apartment in china. it had an electric outlet inside on the far wall and if you pointed the shower head all the way up it would spray on it.

same. every apartment ive had here is like this

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
My new shower has a seat in it.

I never thought I wanted a seat in a shower, but now I can't imagine showering without a seat. All these years I've been standing while showering like a chump.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

fart simpson posted:

same. every apartment ive had here is like this

what is the purpose of it? shaving? electric clothes drying rack?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Sagebrush posted:

what is the purpose of it? shaving? electric clothes drying rack?

all of mine have had the water heater plugged in there

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

mediaphage posted:

dual showerheads are glorious

i bought a thing that has a shower head plus a shower wand and i can stand and have showers on the front and back at the same time and it's loving luxurious

Too rich for my blood, I never turn the second one on. We don’t really get droughts here but it still seems kinda wasteful.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Fortaleza posted:

Too rich for my blood, I never turn the second one on. We don’t really get droughts here but it still seems kinda wasteful.

nope. they're both water sparing, plus i turn the water way down since i think showers are pretty wasteful anyway. it uses very little water

although it's sort of moot, we'll never run out of water here and it's not like it disappears, although it is a waste of energy in the processing

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

mediaphage posted:

i think showers are pretty wasteful anyway

Sure, compared to literally never washing yourself.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

dont showers use like half the water of a bath? do you dry clean yourself

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Sure, compared to literally never washing yourself.

yes ha ha

i was referring generally to the delta between the two shower heads i have and the single one found in some places. more generally though people take obscene showers sometimes

PokeJoe posted:

dude its gay to wash

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

PokeJoe posted:

Like a tenth.

I Googled it and it said 25 gallons - whatever that is - for a shower and 70 gallons for a bath, but then I noticed it said "for a 10-minute shower". A shower shouldn't last more than three minutes unless you're very dirty.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Like a tenth.

I Googled it and it said 25 gallons - whatever that is - for a shower and 70 gallons for a bath, but then I noticed it said "for a 10-minute shower". A shower shouldn't last more than three minutes unless you're very dirty.

yeah unless i'm really sore i tend to take very quick showers but my so absolutely does not

i can't believe i have to explain this but i was never making the point that baths are a better option but that a lot of people spend a gently caress load of time in the shower

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

mediaphage posted:

yeah unless i'm really sore i tend to take very quick showers but my so absolutely does not

i can't believe i have to explain this but i was never making the point that baths are a better option but that a lot of people spend a gently caress load of time in the shower

ah, well gently caress them and their lives and their stupid-rear end lovely-tasting "shower beers"

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

3D Megadoodoo posted:

ah, well gently caress them and their lives and their stupid-rear end lovely-tasting "shower beers"

i'd be lying if i said i'd never done it but tbh i don't see the appeal over relaxing after the shower with one

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

shower beers are great, gently caress you

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

mediaphage posted:

i'd be lying if i said i'd never done it but tbh i don't see the appeal over relaxing after the shower with one

do both op

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i like the shower beer sometimes but i used to drink them to pregame going to bars and such

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

fart simpson posted:

all of mine have had the water heater plugged in there

ah i had one of those gas powered flash heaters in the wall.

it would only turn on when there was enough flow through the hot water line, but the shower had a pressure balancing knob. so you'd turn it up gradually and it would stay ice cold, and then at about 60% there'd be enough hot water flow and the heater would kick on, but because it was a gas heater 60% was way too much and it would quickly become scalding hot. but turn it below that point and the heater would turn off again and back to ice cold.

for the first month or so i would cycle the knob back and forth every 20 seconds, listening to the heater turning on and off, and trying to shower as it warmed up and cooled down. later i discovered that if i pointed the showerhead up as high as it would go, the water would arc through the air (it had good pressure at least) and cool down by the time it landed and i could hunker in the back corner in what felt like a light rain and it was a good temperature. but that also meant the water was constantly cascading down the aforementioned electric outlet.

i realize i probably could have tried to adjust the gas heater but nothing about the above situation made me feel like that was a good idea.

:china:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

The Fool posted:

do both op

:hmmyes:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Sagebrush posted:

ah i had one of those gas powered flash heaters in the wall.

it would only turn on when there was enough flow through the hot water line, but the shower had a pressure balancing knob. so you'd turn it up gradually and it would stay ice cold, and then at about 60% there'd be enough hot water flow and the heater would kick on, but because it was a gas heater 60% was way too much and it would quickly become scalding hot. but turn it below that point and the heater would turn off again and back to ice cold.

for the first month or so i would cycle the knob back and forth every 20 seconds, listening to the heater turning on and off, and trying to shower as it warmed up and cooled down. later i discovered that if i pointed the showerhead up as high as it would go, the water would arc through the air (it had good pressure at least) and cool down by the time it landed and i could hunker in the back corner in what felt like a light rain and it was a good temperature. but that also meant the water was constantly cascading down the aforementioned electric outlet.

i realize i probably could have tried to adjust the gas heater but nothing about the above situation made me feel like that was a good idea.

:china:

yes mine is like that too but even though it’s gas you need to plug it in to an electrical outlet.

you gotta play with all the knobs and settings to actually get a reasonable flow of good temp water on the cheap ones yeah. they make some that are much better but your landlord probably bought a $30 special

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
now that my covid hair is long my showers are like twice as lengthy

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

like this

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

we get it, you vape

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Broken Machine posted:

auto accident rates during dark hours are usually about 3 times what they are during the day

how much of that is from drunk drivers going home from the bars?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
i bathe in the tears of my enemies

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

President Beep posted:

i bathe in the tears of my enemies

i bathe in a big bathtub with your wife

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
you son of a bitch!!

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

President Beep posted:

woah. how’d it get magnetized in the first place? never heard of that happening to a camera before.

I might be getting too lazy with the terminology but it was a wire-wound little U-shaped piece of metal that the camera uses (I think to check fstop in automatic aperture lenses maybe?) and there was an issue in the camera where if you left it on standby for a long time it would eventually magnetize the metal and the sensor would stop working

i pulled my camera out of a box after not using it for a few months (with the switch in the on position) and it could only take pictures with the aperture all-the-way contracted until I took a very small piece out and sanded it a lil. Now it works great!

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

if you're a taurus, see your florist

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

it's from the what

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

the kentucky fried movie

It comes equipped with BIG JIM SLADE

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

the late 1970s were an incredible era for comedy films. Kentucky Fried Movie, Animal House, Life of Brian, Holy Grail, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Up In Smoke

absolutely genre-defining films all within a few years of each other

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

yeah but the 2010s had iron man 3, thor 2, batman v superman, suicide squad, green lantern, avengers age of ultron, captain america 3, captain marvel, and more

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i've never seen any of those :smug:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Thinking about buying an ultrasonic cleaner so I don't have to gently caress around with my bike chains after a ride

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

I'd like one of those for old camera parts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I'm not a fan of Harbor Freight normally but this looks like a good deal and won't cut your fingers off if something goes wrong like their other products.

https://www.harborfreight.com/25-liter-ultrasonic-cleaner-95563.html