Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

WC

SC

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

hump day bitches! posted:

I'm in shock.They wasted 3 and half years of everybody's time, torpedoed their own franchise, lost Snyder who brought billions to WB, burnt Ayer, alienated Affleck so bad he left for Paramount after winning an oscar for WB and building a solid mid budget drama career with them, and dinamited their own future slate for Joss loving Whedon and his utterly bland garbage.

This was amazing and Snyder as gently caress.

This.

The film was amazing

Cyborg and flash's arcs were vastly improved, for starters they actually had one!

Steppenwolf got fleshed out as well, with clearer motivations. Also he looked kinda adorable with those puppy dog eyes

And Clark! Instead of an emotionally touching scene at the farm, we get itchy in the Whedons cut. Itchy! Jesus christ

I hope the success of this film stings to the god drat idiots that rejected this in lieu of that avengers light garbage

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

McCloud posted:

Steppenwolf got fleshed out as well, with clearer motivations. Also he looked kinda adorable with those puppy dog eyes

Steppenwolf's pissy face kept cracking me up. It reminded me of my cat when she's just mad for no reason.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Alright, let's get this crazy Mad Max Darkseid movie made now.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
I don’t like that it’s in 4:3 but I’m still gonna watch it

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Darko posted:

Alright, let's get this crazy Mad Max Darkseid movie made now.

You have no idea how loving bad I want that movie. Bring back Will Smith for it so I can get a Batman, Deathstroke, and Deadshot hitquad with Mera, Joker, Cyborg, and Flash.

a Loving Dog posted:

I don’t like that it’s in 4:3 but I’m still gonna watch it

I feel like you'll come around and really appreciate the 4:3 ratio when you see how beautiful the movie is. It's a unique experience to see epic cape poo poo framed and blocked within that AR.

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
A demon doth defecate at thy door
I felt sorry for Steppenwolf when he died. Dude just wanted to make his master happy.

Also all the Atlantis people looked way better here than in Aquaman. Vulko with his hair down: awesome. And Mera with a British accent and no bad red dye.

I think I could have done without the multiple codas. I thought the yacht scene with Luthor and Deathstroke was Whedon, because it wasn't good. And the new scene...I don't know, I didn't think bringing leto onboard helped the movie at all.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Four hours of exactly the same plot as the last time. Frustrated as hell but not surprised.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Rabelais D posted:

I felt sorry for Steppenwolf when he died. Dude just wanted to make his master happy.

Also all the Atlantis people looked way better here than in Aquaman. Vulko with his hair down: awesome. And Mera with a British accent and no bad red dye.

I think I could have done without the multiple codas. I thought the yacht scene with Luthor and Deathstroke was Whedon, because it wasn't good. And the new scene...I don't know, I didn't think bringing leto onboard helped the movie at all.

I liked the subtle difference with the yacht scene, but I dont really get the point except for the "nope, they're working together" twist, I guess.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Blind Rasputin posted:

Four hours of exactly the same plot as the last time. Frustrated as hell but not surprised.

The story was different though.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Deathstroke AND Deadshot lends itself to a few too many jokes, but I feel the funny part would be them getting along great anyway.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

This movie was an incredible slog that kept most, if not all of what was terrible about the original, and then added nothing of substance to double its length, you guys are out of your minds lol

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Mar 18, 2021

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Rabelais D posted:

On the endings: Introducing Deathstroke by having him toast his future hunt of Batman, followed by the very next scene skipping to a future where he's teamed up with Batman, is so funny and so comicbooky. I love it so drat much. The multiple endings felt like I dropped reading comics a decade ago and I'm just overhearing some plotlines that happened afterwards.

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
Did anyone else find Flash's intro scene saving Iris really touching? The way he...gently caresses... her down onto the ground in the slowest of slow motion. I want more Snyder Flash.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Rabelais D posted:

Did anyone else find Flash's intro scene saving Iris really touching? The way he...gently caresses... her down onto the ground in the slowest of slow motion. I want more Snyder Flash.

Yep! The way Barry had to be all gentle was a really nice touch. I also liked the cute scene between Alfred and Diana with the tea :3:

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Rabelais D posted:

I liked all the Flash scenes. I like how they kept him as the most overpowered part of the League.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Hakkesshu posted:

This movie was an incredible slog that kept most, if not all of what was terrible about the original, and then added nothing of substance to double its length, you guys are out of your minds lol

The worst part of the original was the score, so, nah.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Hakkesshu posted:

This movie was an incredible slog that kept most, if not all of what was terrible about the original, and then added nothing of substance to double its length

:psyduck:

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:

teagone posted:

Yep! The way Barry had to be all gentle was a really nice touch. I also liked the cute scene between Alfred and Diana with the tea :3:

Alfred getting really nervous about Diana making the tea wrong. Such a great scene. LMAO that Snyder cut was funnier than the Whedon cut.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

*insert joker laugh here*

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Vintersorg posted:

*insert joker laugh here*

Leto Joker, in what screentime he had, was legit loving disturbing lol. Way more so than his performance in Suicide Squad.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i just watched it. the character motivations are better established and it works a bit better i guess, but its still a huge boring, bland generic superhero movie theres just more of it. i cant really fault whedon for cutting anything specific out to meet a reasonable runtime.

2/5 stars

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

teagone posted:

Leto Joker, in what screentime he had, was legit loving disturbing lol. Way more so than his performance in Suicide Squad.

firstly: lol.

secondly: if you were looking to cut stuff, which you should be because its freakin 4 hours long, you would start with the dream sequence in the epilogue featuring characters who arent even present in the rest of the film at all

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

CelticPredator posted:

The story was different though.

Overall it seemed the same to me. Four hour unabridged version of what was otherwise a perfectly good two hour movie. Zack Snyder could learn a thing or two from Avenger’s movies and should’ve made the ending happier and built to clearly lead into a sequel and a few spin-offs. As this Justice League Remake is now it’s just too dark. It’s like Damon Lindelof wrote it or something.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

^^ The only thing Snyder has to learn from Avengers films is what NOT to do. Consequence free quip fests with some of the shittiest action scenes with zero weight.

fart simpson posted:

secondly: if you were looking to cut stuff, which you should be because its freakin 4 hours long, you would start with the dream sequence in the epilogue featuring characters who arent even present in the rest of the film at all

It's just extra credits scenes all stitched together. Instead of an article describing the one he couldn't include Snyder just threw em all in.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Blind Rasputin posted:

Overall it seemed the same to me. Four hour unabridged version of what was otherwise a perfectly good two hour movie. Zack Snyder could learn a thing or two from Avenger’s movies and should’ve made the ending happier and built to clearly lead into a sequel and a few spin-offs. As this Justice League Remake is now it’s just too dark. It’s like Damon Lindelof wrote it or something.

The score.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Blind Rasputin posted:

The Avengers movies are all bad. Damon Lindelof is good.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Vintersorg posted:

It's just extra credits scenes all stitched together. Instead of an article describing the one he couldn't include Snyder just threw em all in.

are you talking about the movie or the epilogue?

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Second half (minus epilogue) was better than the first half. First half could've had a lot of time saved if they wanted to make a 3 hour theater cut from trimming parts but also just not doing some slow motion haha. Marvin Martian or whatever was doing what, making sure Lois Lane would be around for Superman?? Flash seems OP.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

fart simpson posted:

are you talking about the movie or the epilogue?

:yayclod:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

abraham linksys posted:

the more I try to think of a single memorable moment in any fight scene in this entire movie, the more I think they should have constructed the whole movie out of the part where steppenwolf kills horses

agreed OP

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

fart simpson posted:

Nothing needed to be cut. The movie needed 4 hours to match the scope/scale. Which is fine imo. That 4 hours was breezy as hell for me.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

The Amazon chase is a really well-developed action scene. Diana's intro stopping the terrorist leading into that scene is a better Wonder Woman movie than either of the actual films.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

teagone posted:

Nothing needed to be cut. The movie needed 4 hours to match the scope/scale. Which is fine imo. That 4 hours was breezy as hell for me.
/

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Alita owns.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

alita was incredibly mediocre

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

fart simpson posted:

Nah.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

fart simpson posted:

:wrong:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

yes, it was. it surely wasn't bad because james cameron is a master of his craft (unlike zack snyder). but it was just a bland action movie and nothing is really memorable other than the huge cgi eyes and there wasnt much of an emotional connection with any of the characters or lacking that, any truly cool action set pieces

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Alita was good, and James Cameron just produced it.