Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I'm heading to the Co in a few hours. I have no idea what I'm getting besides the Dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

MarcusSA posted:

I'm heading to the Co in a few hours. I have no idea what I'm getting besides the Dog.
smoked salmon
grueyere / comte / harbison
kirkland adult diapers

lots of great options

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
Make sure to get a bag of those honey butter nuts

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I’m gonna go too but getting the dog is such a hassle I usually skip it. Gotta go back in to the food court which means leaving your cart outside potentially out of sight. Not gonna risk it.
This costco sucks for the layout :sigh:

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

ixo posted:

no, I'm not standing in the kitchen at 4 in the morning eating pickled pepeprs straight out of the jar, you are. leave me alone.

Oh drat, I love these!

Then again, our local church has been kind of a let down on finding stuff I see in the thread (though at least I know about them and eventually find them at Wegmans or maybe H Mart)

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

priznat posted:

I’m gonna go too but getting the dog is such a hassle I usually skip it. Gotta go back in to the food court which means leaving your cart outside potentially out of sight. Not gonna risk it.
This costco sucks for the layout :sigh:

Wait, you can't just get the dog on your way out? A lot of people don't know this, but that top part of the cart is actually not for children to sit, it's for holding the hot dog and drink while you're pushing your cart out to your car.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Went to the co and didn’t buy a single thing.

I renewed my membership and added my dad on to my account.

It really wasn’t that busy I just didn’t see anything that tickled my fancy.

The adult diapers are $ 39.99 a box though.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
at that price, i'd be an idiot not to poo poo myself!

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug
Anyone have any experience with the Firman inverter generator Costco has on sale for $349? I kind of want one, but I don’t want a lovely one.

https://www.costco.com/firman-1600w-running--2000w-peak-gasoline-powered-inverter-generator.product.100713858.html

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

ixo posted:

no, I'm not standing in the kitchen at 4 in the morning eating pickled pepeprs straight out of the jar, you are. leave me alone.

Mama Lil's is local, and this one place puts her spicy peppers on their "cured meat sandwich" (an expensive way to say 'hoagie'). The first time I had it, those peppers tore through me like a hot knife. Like an hour after eating I'm on the company shitter, eyes welling up with tears as both ends of me feel slightly different versions of the same burn. A+.

AlphariusOmegon
May 11, 2020

Anybody use the car buying program before? Im looking to trade my Subaru for a Wrangler.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

AlphariusOmegon posted:

Anybody use the car buying program before? Im looking to trade my Subaru for a Wrangler.

Seems like one hell of a downgrade IMO.

A few people in here have used it with some success. Others have said they take the Costco quote to the dealer and make them beat it lol

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

AlphariusOmegon posted:

Costco program is for people who want to pay a good, not great price but get the least amount of hassle in buying the car.

Fill out info, dealer emails you their semi-prenegotiated price, and you go in and purchase one car.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Where are y’all that Costco has the honey butter nuts?

AlphariusOmegon
May 11, 2020

I wish I could buy weed from Costco

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

AlphariusOmegon posted:

Why on earth would you do that?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Jingleheimer posted:

Wait, you can't just get the dog on your way out? A lot of people don't know this, but that top part of the cart is actually not for children to sit, it's for holding the hot dog and drink while you're pushing your cart out to your car.

No, it sucks, the food counter is next to the entrance so you gotta go out and then hope the person manning the door is cool enough to let you just go in to get a dog without having to wait in the huge lineup to enter the store proper. But! They won't let you bring in your cart so you have to leave it there unattended if you are by yourself.

One time I got a dog when I went in but then had to just keep it on the cart because I didn't want to lift up my mask since they had taken all the eating area away. It was annoying getting to the car with a nearly cool dog to eat in shame in the drivers seat I vowed to never bother again. This drat pandemic :negative:

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Food court by the entrance is terrible design; keep people hungry instead so they buy more gigantic packages of food.

Food court by the exit is where it's at.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

astral posted:

Food court by the entrance is terrible design; keep people hungry so they buy more gigantic packages of food.

:agreed: it's a very old costco so it is kind of just shoehorned in there. All the other ones in the area have the food after the registers.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Bought this coffee last week because I liked the packaging.

It's so loving good everyone. Easily my favorite Costco coffee I've bought so far.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
Got some of that Raos sauce, some pasta, some parmigiano reggiano and that pull apart cheese bread for tomorrow night. And somehow another hundred dollars in stuff.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Oh, hey, Ruta Maya.

13ish years ago I worked in a restaurant next door to a Ruta Maya coffee shop. I'd see weird coffee soot floating in the sky in the morning when they were roasting which was kinda surreal. I went there for the happy hour IPAs instead of coffee so I can't comment, but thanks for jogging my memory. :unsmith:

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

The Hambulance posted:

Anyone have any experience with the Firman inverter generator Costco has on sale for $349? I kind of want one, but I don’t want a lovely one.

https://www.costco.com/firman-1600w-running--2000w-peak-gasoline-powered-inverter-generator.product.100713858.html

I looked at one of them a while back and the Amazon reviews said total harmonic distortion was pretty bad. That’s a problem with a lot of cheap generators and it can mess with electronics since it’s basically like having a crapton of line noise.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I was just reading google reviews for the Costco by me and one of them said "I got my tires stolen while shopping for pasta" 4/5 stars.

Thinking about it now maybe stolen was a typo and he meant to say installed, but I just thought it was hilarious.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Got the Roomba i8+, pretty great but it thinks my high pile rug is a corner :negative:

Also got 32 guac singles ($16), a five pound bag of tortilla chips ($4), two pounds of antipasto ($12) and a 1.4 pound brie wheel ($7)

like how the gently caress is this so cheap I loving love me some Costco

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
A lot of goods are priced based on what people will pay rather than the actual cost. Things like cheese, smoked salmon, etc are treats not essentials and so people are willing to pay more for it. On the other hand the Costco customer base tends to be far more value oriented, they wanna see dollars per pound.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Paul MaudDib posted:

Things like cheese, smoked salmon, etc are treats not essentials and so people are willing to pay more for it.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Ive actually put down the cheese spread down because i didnt want to pay for it when i could get a log of mozzarella or similar for cheaper/same price

Lol

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Got a pack of brie tartlets the last time we hit the 'Co and they're seriously excellent. Lots of brie flavor, not overly sweet.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

astral posted:

Food court by the entrance is terrible design; keep people hungry instead so they buy more gigantic packages of food.

Why can't you enter, buy the hotdog, and leave by the entrance?

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I forgot to grind the coffee at the exit so I ran the bag's contents through my Vitamix blender (from Costco, of course). Worked like a charm.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I forgot to grind the coffee at the exit so I ran the bag's contents through my Vitamix blender (from Costco, of course). Worked like a charm.

Switching to a burr grinder and grinding fresh for every pot made a huge difference in the taste of my coffee

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Living without fear that all of your smoothies will be low key coffee flavored.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Smugworth posted:

The Mateo's salsa is really where it's at, has a pleasant little kick to it too

I'm just gonna endorse this salsa as well. Actively decided not to buy a jar on my last trip because I kept getting it and my wife and I felt like we needed a break though.

I'd like to say that at $30 the 12-year-old blended scotch is not significantly better than the standard $18 handle and you may as well save the money.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

StormDrain posted:

Living without fear that all of your smoothies will be low key coffee flavored.

Definitely won't make a habit of this, for sure. Wife wanted coffee now.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I don't know that I've ever had lobster ravioli before, but I picked up that twin pack on sale last week and made some last night with a white wine cream sauce and garlic bread and I must say I'm a fan.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Definitely won't make a habit of this, for sure. Wife wanted coffee now.

if you can afford a vitamix you can probably afford a Baratza Encore

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

AlphariusOmegon posted:

MarcusSA posted:

Seems like one hell of a downgrade IMO.

A few people in here have used it with some success. Others have said they take the Costco quote to the dealer and make them beat it lol

FCKGW posted:

Costco program is for people who want to pay a good, not great price but get the least amount of hassle in buying the car.

Fill out info, dealer emails you their semi-prenegotiated price, and you go in and purchase one car.

As a Costco Auto Program dealer I agree with the above. Costco doesn't really run the program, it's a third party that works with the dealer. They give us a list of vehicles tell us what the average market discount is and we can either accept that price or set our own discount which has to fall within a range that the Auto Program Zone manager set.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Ok Comboomer posted:

if you can afford a vitamix you can probably afford a Baratza Encore

Ordered on Amazon just now, thanks for the recommendation!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Ordered on Amazon just now, thanks for the recommendation!

haha I wasn’t expecting that

that’s a very nice burr grinder (it’s like the Honda Civic of nice grinders right now, the recommendation that most people give when asked “I want a nice grinder but IDK what’s up and don’t want to overspend”. You can keep it forever and be set with it—it’s built to be serviced instead of tossed—or step up to more expensive poo poo if you decide you’re a real coffee rear end in a top hat and get fancier finishes, timers and smart settings, fancier motors+burrs, much prettier looks in the case of Fellow and Breville’s $300 stuff, and diminishing returns)

it’s the model James Hoffman gives away on his YouTube channel

hope you find it worthwhile!