Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Vince MechMahon posted:

I don't like pedos and defending one means you probably are one as far as I'm concerned. Dude really wants to defend the child fucker so...

Well let me know if you ever find an accusation he did that, rather than a poorly written article on a blog nobody has ever heard of about anonymous forum posts, that provides zero context for even what forum it was posted to, and has a lengthy explanation that it stems from a fanfiction somebody wrote on reddit in 2010.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Vintersorg posted:

Ok, like... jesus.

If you don't want fleas don't lay down with actors who allegedly gently caress a bunch of kids, or however that saying goes.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

This Leto chat is dour and sucks. Talk about how uplifting Justice League was instead please. Talk about how WB royally hosed up their stable of cape poo poo. Talk about how hilarious it was to see Clark just ground and pounding Steppenwolf in background shots— that loving *PUNCH* *EYE LASER* *PUNCH* combo lmao. Just talk about anything else please.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Karloff posted:

If you want concrete, indisputable evidence you rarely ever get them in these cases. This is why only a few people who got hit by #Metoo actually went to jail. That is why phrases such as "believe women" exist. Clearly in the case of Leto there is a lot of people in the industry who feel this way about him, James Gunn isn't exactly a nobody.

I don't need concrete evidence or really any evidence at all, just literally an actual accusation from someone with a name, or a journalist or lawyer if their identity needs to be protected for whatever reason. A third party account of an anonymous forum post with no follow up is not an accusation.

Edit: But this is the last I'll say on it cause I don't want to bring anybody down and it's only tangentially on topic

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Mar 19, 2021

GoldenGun
Oct 21, 2005

In heaven everything is fine
The only review that counts is here at last:

https://twitter.com/3xchair/status/1372923373743964170

In other news, it turns out that the “I tried” sign was a Whedon addition after all.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Snyder wanted to give Superman a mullet but WB said no.

https://twitter.com/LetsOTT/status/1372413321547157504?s=20

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

release the mullet cut

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
That doesn't look anything like a mullet. Looks more like one of those raccoon hats.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Mr. Apollo posted:

Snyder wanted to give Superman a mullet but WB said no.

https://twitter.com/LetsOTT/status/1372413321547157504?s=20

"No lantern. No mullet. This world will fall, like all the others."

Thanks, WB.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

That doesn't look anything like a mullet. Looks more like one of those raccoon hats.

The Crockett cut

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Ghost Leviathan posted:

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal

teagone posted:

It's never really strongly implied that Steppenwolf is stronger than Darkseid imo. There is the very clear implication that he tried to obtain the throne of Apokolips for himself, betraying Darkseid, but then got his rear end handed to him and as a result was ordered to conquer 50,000+ worlds as payment for his insubordination.

Darkseid was young and overconfident when he randomly arrived to what he probably believed was an insignificant primitive backwater planet that would be a cakewalk to conquer. After getting hosed up and passing out, his crew probably panicked and just said "gently caress that planet" and returned to Apokolips. Since that encounter, Darkseid went on a planet conquering bender for his continued search for Anti-Life. By chance, how many thousands of years later or whatever, Steppenwolf learns Anti-Life is on that same backwater planet, but now it has no gods or protectors to drive Apokolips forces back.

How you consider yourself a general JLA fan and not think this is extremely cool and very awesome that we got this in a film the way we got it is beyond me.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

GoldenGun posted:

The only review that counts is here at last:

https://twitter.com/3xchair/status/1372923373743964170

In other news, it turns out that the “I tried” sign was a Whedon addition after all.

I’m not American is the National Review a fash site or am I mixing it up it with something else

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Aidan_702 posted:

I’m not American is the National Review a fash site or am I mixing it up it with something else

extremely so, yes.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Aidan_702 posted:

Yep

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R

Vince MechMahon posted:

I don't like pedos and defending one means you probably are one as far as I'm concerned. Dude really wants to defend the child fucker so...

get probed from the wrestling forum again

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Aidan_702 posted:

Yes, but Armond White specifically is just a notorious film troll

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Miss Lonelyhearts posted:

My takeaway is this Snyder one is obsessed with daddy issues and the nuclear family.

It's what motivating pretty much all of them except WW. Flash, yep his dad is in prison and he's gotta impress/save him. Aquaman, angsty and sad, mad about his lineage. Cyborg, very angsty and upset w/ dad. Batman is sad his parents friend died. Superman romanticizes his past with his family, seems to draw stability from his familial home, lots of closeups of his dad, Kevin Costner, holding that fish. Only WW just wants to help ppl, horray. Even Steppenwolf just wants to get back into dad's good graces and will do whatever it takes. Why are the macguffins called Mothercubes and why does Cyborg murder his family inside of them to accept himself?

Observations/Questions like these get to the heart of what I loved about the movie's characterizations and messages about heroism and inner strength.

Wonder Woman not doubting her sisters/mother for a second after Steppenwolf's goading was great. She knows they had no fear and would not beg for their lives - they raised her and she'd been among them for thousands of years! And yet, she holds that messenger arrow at the end, wondering what DID happen over there that they had to use it.

Batman, having made it his life's mission to tear someone down on little more than suspicion, now seeks to build a team in his memory, if not completely resurrect him for a do-over on their friendship (Faith, Alfred!).

Superman, once he's centered again via Lois, his "world," does his Superman thing. I'm curious what his black suit represents to viewers, both versed in comics and not. An acknowledgment of his death/funeral/rebirth? Superior solar absorption? Wiping a slate clean? He reverts to primary colors in the Knightmares...

Cyborg murders the illusion of his family inside the motherboxes because they were the power of Darkseid/Apokalips trying to corrupt him. The beautiful lie that says nobody ever dies and you can get what you want without any consequences will corrupt you. Cyborg has the strength of conviction to live with his losses and struggles, and so does not need the ideological security blanket. His parents died, but their love lives on inside him and he doesn't need the comfort of some alien box offering to pretend everything's okay now.

Henry Allen calmly begging his son to move on with his life, and then pridefully witnessing through glass that Barry is finally getting his "foot in the door," gets me choked up every time.

Aquaman's movie was underway during shooting, so I guess his arc had the most "tune in next time" energy. Mera bloodbending ruled, as did Willem Dafoe and the background detail that Orm was permitting Steppenwolf to pluck Atlanteans from the sea. I dunno, Aquaman still hits the bar with his old man, not a lot of issues there, plus his (missing) mom kicks rear end.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal

Miss Lonelyhearts posted:

I haven't watched the Whedon version and I went into it with zero expectations. My takeaway is this Snyder one is obsessed with daddy issues

This could be said for probably like 90% of films ever made.

Its kind of a thing.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

AccountSupervisor posted:

How you consider yourself a general JLA fan and not think this is extremely cool and very awesome that we got this in a film the way we got it is beyond me.

Lol, yeah no kidding. Reading back what I wrote sounds metal as gently caress :black101:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

stuff like the Anti-Life Equation is so weird and cool conceptually and it's great seeing a movie where that isn't tossed aside for being "too comic booky" like Thanos wanting to marry Death.

Augus fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Mar 19, 2021

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Kinda impressed at the implication that Batman's real superpower is his willingness to die for the cause.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I have watched the Snyder Cut. It was extremely good, I enjoyed it, one of my top caped punchgod movies in a while. I noted some things I found really funny and I would be happy if people could tear these apart and tell me why they're actually good and not dumb, please.

- superman yelling for 6 minutes with cg circles echoing off his mouth

- icelandic lady loves that sea brined hairy musky sweater

- diana evaporating a bowler hat villain with her braces and blowing up a whole wall, then telling a girl "you can be anything you want to be" within 5 minutes, framed not like a horror movie

- truck floor burger (and the lusting for it)

- the emo song as hot dogs flies around iris and barry

- ethan van sciver going on youtube to tell everyone he wants to murder chinese people because zach snyder disavows geeks+gamers

- i love steppenwolf's cute babby eyes uwu especially when he's looking up to (his nephew???) darkseid

- (not dumb, but alfred teaching diana how to make tea is very cute)

- cyborg flies into space then into cyberspace and then imagines stock market manipulation as watching a cg bull and bear duke it out

- cyborg increases someone's money by imagining stacks of cash opening up vertically

- cyborg's air jets looking like

- "the three races decided they must keep the motherbox safe from Darkseid, so the atlanteans built a shrine with a few guards, the amazons built a cliff shrine with ton of suicidal guards, and the humans gave it a shallow grave, which the nazis found because nobody kept records"

- "I'll never love anybody the way I love your son" a genuinely touching moment suddenly betrayed by the reveal of the Martha Manhunter

- Alfred: "you don't wave a red cape at a charging bull!"
- Bruce: "well this red cape CHARGES BACK"

- Force Majeure/Act of God pregnancy kit

- the fact that every supervigilante forgot about the motherbox they all kept previously remphasizing its activation will destroy earth, because they were all too focused on superman's resurrection

- starlabs dude slapping the witness depiction of the parademon on the glass being a theme, mirrored by barry later slapping his work permit on the glass during visitation

- i'm assuming superman looking like an unhinged ultravillain when he was destroying steppenwolf is intended because jfc

- the time travel scene in the climax is legit cool and somehow the fan theory that infinity war "stole" the original ZS ending had some truth in it is a little mindblowing to me because that was one of the few things i thought could not be true when people were claiming a snyder cut existed back in 2017. also it was emotionally and technically better executed than IW's time reverse scene (which was only redeemed by Wandavision)

- how the gently caress did we get in a timeline where the "we live in a society" line was replaced by the joker saying he would gently caress batman

- WHY WAS JOKER NOT WEARING A CROWN OF THORNS

- seriously i did not enjoy anything coming out of leto's mouth

- all 3 epilogues are pure expositions that work nowhere as well as the flashback cyborg had when he was going to resurrect supes

- "they call me... the martian manhunter" made me laugh out loud i'm sorry that name is so ridiculous

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

one man's dumb as hell is another man's fun as hell

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

The Saddest Rhino posted:

- "they call me... the martian manhunter" made me laugh out loud i'm sorry that name is so ridiculous[/spoiler]

Yea that was dumb as hell, he should've just said "they call me...John", and let the fans who know get a kick out of it and the ones who don't aren't laughing at how ridiculous it sounds.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Augus posted:

stuff like the Anti-Life Equation is so weird and cool conceptually and it's great seeing a movie where that isn't tossed aside for being "too comic booky" like Thanos wanting to marry Death.

The Thanos we got was alright, honestly pretty high on the marvel movie villains tier list (which is a very low bar, even speaking as someone who likes Marvel movies), but "loves death, as in the actual manifestation of death, all his genocide attempts are galactic dictator mixtapes for Death" is such a great concept and it was supremely disappointing to not see it realized on film.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Roman posted:

one man's dumb as hell is another man's fun as hell

they are both for me! I genuinely enjoyed those things i found dumb in this movie, especially the hot dog scene

e: except jared leto, ugh

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Augus posted:

Yeah, it's one of the reasons I didn't hate this movie as much as I expected to. It's tedious and overwrought and has issues presenting as much story as it does, but there's a lot of fun, out-there stuff too, stuff that never made it to the official release. I would have been really interested to see the Darkseid invasion and the Knightmare plot that seem to be the next two movies Snyder had planned.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

The Struggle Session podcast said it best with that Snyder takes the source material super-seriously and presents it as such but you don't have to. The film doesn't give you permission to take the piss out of it like the Marvel films do. "Anti-life equation" , "Speed Force" , "Martian Manhunter". They're presented as matter-of-fact serious things rather than winking at the audience knowingly.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Representing the stock market as a bear and a bull fighting is pretty funny, not gonna lie.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Help! A friend is being made to watch this great film without having seen MOS or BvS or WW. How can we avert a catastrophe?

Would BvS be considered the minimum required viewing for this movie to work?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Asteroid Alert posted:

Help! A friend is being made to watch this great film without having seen MOS or BvS or WW. How can we avert a catastrophe?

Would BvS be considered the minimum required viewing for this movie to work?

If they got the time, MoS and BvS Ultimate Edition. But if there's only room for one, BvS UE. Batman's will come through better having seen BvS.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Neurolimal posted:

The Thanos we got was alright, honestly pretty high on the marvel movie villains tier list (which is a very low bar, even speaking as someone who likes Marvel movies), but "loves death, as in the actual manifestation of death, all his genocide attempts are galactic dictator mixtapes for Death" is such a great concept and it was supremely disappointing to not see it realized on film.

Honestly surprised they didn't try to roll that in with Ragnarok having him try to gently caress up the universe to impress Hela.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I have watched the Snyder Cut. It was extremely good, I enjoyed it, one of my top caped punchgod movies in a while. I noted some things I found really funny and I would be happy if people could tear these apart and tell me why they're actually good and not dumb, please.

- (not dumb, but alfred teaching diana how to make tea is very cute)

- "I'll never love anybody the way I love your son" a genuinely touching moment suddenly betrayed by the reveal of the Martha Manhunter

- i'm assuming superman looking like an unhinged ultravillain when he was destroying steppenwolf is intended because jfc

- Was this not dumb? I guess it was meant to be a royalty joke rather than a not-from-this-world joke, maybe. I'd imagine every civilization everywhere figures out how to put leaves in hot water to make a beverage, it shouldn't be this weird human thing that she's just now learning about.

- Why on earth was MM there in the first place? I kept expecting him to turn up again so we found out what he was up to, but nope. It feels like Snyder meant to include MM in this movie but didn't have any real footage shot for him, so he just tacked a CGI transformation to the end of another scene.

- gently caress yes. Canon Snyder Superman is a barely-repressed ball of rage devoid of emotion except as regarding a few special people, a man who loves nothing more than to devastate a city or sadistically cut someone's horn off with his eye lasers.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Just compare it to skipping right to Return of the Jedi without watching A New Hope or Empire Strikes Back first.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

I didn't hate this Leto joker, but it's also really hard to get on his side after hearing about the used condom thing during Suicide Squad.

Lol.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can someone explain the used condone thing?

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Augus posted:

the anti-life equation as a concept is so batshit that I'm really stuck on it. There is an equation, but not one written down just present in like, the atomic structure of the planet, and this equation doesn't exist anywhere else in the universe, and when you know the equation it reveals that life is pointless. What the gently caress????????? I really want to read the original comics it was in now because it's totally nuts

Jimbot posted:

Just compare it to skipping right to Return of the Jedi without watching A New Hope or Empire Strikes Back first.
Very much so. At the very least you want to watch Empire before Jedi. Ideally you'd watch New Hope and Empire before Jedi, but New Hope and Empire instead of Jedi is also acceptable

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

2house2fly posted:

the anti-life equation as a concept is so batshit that I'm really stuck on it. There is an equation, but not one written down just present in like, the atomic structure of the planet, and this equation doesn't exist anywhere else in the universe, and when you know the equation it reveals that life is pointless. What the gently caress????????? I really want to read the original comics it was in now because it's totally nuts
Very much so. At the very least you want to watch Empire before Jedi. Ideally you'd watch New Hope and Empire before Jedi, but New Hope and Empire instead of Jedi is also acceptable

DC Universe Infinite currently has a 7 day free trial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Can someone explain the used condone thing?

During Skwad press tours rumors came out that Leto was sending the cast poo poo like the used condoms and dead rats to be method. Apparently it was super overblown.

Apparently the dude's still a piece of poo poo regardless of that, but I'll admit he had a good scene. His laugh was pretty much perfect.