Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

J-Ro posted:

Sarray 'bout your drat luck.
lmao

RealFoxy posted:

Sa Ree to Sa Ray isn't that big of a leap
Sareee Del Ray

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Stall_19 posted:

Surprised they gave Itoh another Korakuen main event after the one she had with Miyu was one of the worst Korakuen main events they've had.

well she does need to be in the main event to win the title.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Stall_19 posted:

That match? I was saw it but I wasn't that impressed. I would say if that match was their moty then they've had a rough year but during my limited TJPW viewing this year I saw a match I would rate much higher. Kamiyu/ Mirai for the international title at the last Korakuen show. I very much enjoyed that match.

TJPW has never really been a work rate promotion, has it? They've a handful of wrestlers who could hang in any ring and a lot more who are entertaining characters or excellent comedy workers or a bit green, but you don't tune in to TJPW for dry matches.

I've not seen much from them this year, really just the 2 Korakuen shows, but Miyu Maki was one of the 2 best matches I've seen from them, and for the little it's worth it's the 4th highest rated match on Cagematch in TJPW history

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwiYLqIcbPI&t=5s

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I just checked the dates and 17th April is the weekend so even if it's the middle of the night I can stay up so I guess I'm getting a Wrestle Universe account next month :stare:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rarity posted:

I just checked the dates and 17th April is the weekend so even if it's the middle of the night I can stay up so I guess I'm getting a Wrestle Universe account next month :stare:

Join us, we have deathmatch clowns, feral maids, and old guys as champs.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
I am looking forward to watching Maki Itoh lose to Rika Tatsumi

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

frankenfreak posted:

Sareee Del Ray

Actually, I think you'll find Norman Smarray does most of the sungodding

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Lamuella posted:

Join us, we have deathmatch clowns, feral maids, and old guys as champs.

Don't forget Kenoh, the pissiest pissbaby in the world

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

SG Bamboo posted:

Don't forget Kenoh, the pissiest pissbaby in the world

but they already said clowns?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

ItohRespectArmy posted:

If Kenoh starts wearing Joker makeup after Katsu inevitably kicks him out of Kongoh he might rise to the top of my kickboi ratings, second only to kicklady Miyu

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

ItohRespectArmy posted:

I will hunt you down & I will play his incredibly great dumb entrance music at you 24/7 hours a day if you don't take this slander back

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Asuka's new finish is called 紅花衣 (Benibana Goromo) which combines both the kanji for "Veny" and "Hana" which is nice. It's also fun to say

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Asuka's new finish is called 紅花衣 (Benibana Goromo) which combines both the kanji for "Veny" and "Hana" which is nice. It's also fun to say

It's lovely but also makes me think of

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

combines both the kanji for "Veny" and "Hana" which is nice

That is nice. What is the move?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Lamuella posted:

It's lovely but also makes me think of

Yes, but the move in Tony Hawk (& presumably also in IRL skateboarding, I dunno)

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

SG Bamboo posted:

If Kenoh starts wearing Joker makeup after Katsu inevitably kicks him out of Kongoh he might rise to the top of my kickboi ratings, second only to kicklady Miyu
he could pull it off

forkboy84 posted:

I will hunt you down & I will play his incredibly great dumb entrance music at you 24/7 hours a day if you don't take this slander back

i should note i think he's a very cool clown, one of the coolest.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

Yes, but the move in Tony Hawk (& presumably also in IRL skateboarding, I dunno)

i think you'll find the Benihana is one of the most controversial moves in skateboarding

http://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2019/02/22/history-skateboardings-taboo-trick-benihana/

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Royal Updog posted:

That is nice. What is the move?
Whatever it is it better have a nice extra FloUrish.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Alaois posted:

i think you'll find the Benihana is one of the most controversial moves in skateboarding

http://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2019/02/22/history-skateboardings-taboo-trick-benihana/

Huh, that was fascinating

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Card for Sunday's TJPW show.

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1372875221045178368

No sign of the French. Itoh being out obviously makes sense as she took a trip to Planet Covid. Very interested in the three way dance between a magical girl, a kaiju, and a bee.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
The Miyu/Mirai team is extremely my poo poo.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

frankenfreak posted:

Kicks 'n' Lariats.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh Shoko is in that match, I hope she wi... oh wait, Yuka is in there, I hope she win... oh it's the bee!

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

frankenfreak posted:

I'm glad Miyu took the time while Maki was in Covid-land to team with the real main character of professional wrestling.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Jerusalem posted:

Oh Shoko is in that match, I hope she wi... oh wait, Yuka is in there, I hope she win... oh it's the bee!

I have to side with the big kaiju.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Dawgstar posted:

:hai:

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/1372784927633149952

Hope it's nothing serious but they should be cautious with her. Having just watched the last show she was clearly not right after the triple threat match. Had to be reminded to direct her promo toward the hard cam, mentioning that her head was spinning two different times, looking very unsteady on her feet.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Dawgstar posted:

I like the Big Kaiju. There's something... heroic about her.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jerusalem posted:

Any friend of Bee is a friend of Me

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Mark me down as a Beeliever from the monster mash match, I guess. All will be consumed by the Djinn but I have hope for Suzume.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The unenlighted, the philistine, the buffoon: "Isn't Shoko actually small?"
Me, the smart, the learned: "No."

https://twitter.com/nk147cm/status/1366004146961149954

(Did you know kaiju carried guns?)

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

Dawgstar posted:

(Did you know kaiju carried guns?)

Yeah

https://twitter.com/DramaticDDT/status/1224601160604094464

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

lmao poo poo beat me to it

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
It's too bad we're unlikely to see either a match between or a teamup of the Big Kaiju and the Little Gorilla.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

THEY SHOULD HAVE SENT A POET.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I adore that there is apparently one Joshi in there who isn't part of this gang of assassins and was just there to wrestle, and looks utterly terrified and baffled by what is going on :allears:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Jerusalem posted:

I adore that there is apparently one Joshi in there who isn't part of this gang of assassins and was just there to wrestle, and looks utterly terrified and baffled by what is going on :allears:
Pom just wandered onto set, she wasn't acting.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1373105807374573569

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1373238391727218688?s=19

[Notice]

A new illustration T-shirt designed by Dojo Appare will be on sale from the Korakuen Hall tournament on Saturday, April 17th.

The list price is 4000 yen. The color is black only.

We are planning to make an order reservation online at the online store for a week from March 22nd to 28th.

Stay tuned for the release!