Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Can someone explain the used condone thing?

It was a press junket thing to make Leto's Method Acting seem Realistic. The tasteless part imo is the way they use Ledger's death as part of the Joker's mystique, not the fake stunts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoop Dreams
Oct 21, 2010

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Can someone explain the used condone thing?

During promotions for the release of suicide squad, Jared Leto apparently sent his co-stars stuff like used condoms, anal beads, rats, etc. To show how into method acting the joker he was. But he has denied that he sent used condoms and that it was a joke.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bushisms.txt posted:

During Skwad press tours rumors came out that Leto was sending the cast poo poo like the used condoms and dead rats to be method. Apparently it was super overblown.

Apparently the dude's still a piece of poo poo regardless of that, but I'll admit he had a good scene. His laugh was pretty much perfect.

I know he send someone a box of ammo in the mail...and assuming he just stuck it in the regular mail, he committed a federal felony.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Neurolimal posted:

The Thanos we got was alright, honestly pretty high on the marvel movie villains tier list (which is a very low bar, even speaking as someone who likes Marvel movies), but "loves death, as in the actual manifestation of death, all his genocide attempts are galactic dictator mixtapes for Death" is such a great concept and it was supremely disappointing to not see it realized on film.

They even trailed it with the 'to court death' line in the first sight of him, but then chickened out in favour of incoherent malthus.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Phenotype posted:

- Was this not dumb? I guess it was meant to be a royalty joke rather than a not-from-this-world joke, maybe. I'd imagine every civilization everywhere figures out how to put leaves in hot water to make a beverage, it shouldn't be this weird human thing that she's just now learning about.

WW knows how to make tea, the joke was Alfred being completely doting and particular about how tea should be made and put off at not being the person making it, like if you are making dinner and your mother comes in the kitchen asking if you need help.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Hoop Dreams posted:

During promotions for the release of suicide squad, Jared Leto apparently sent his co-stars stuff like used condoms, anal beads, rats, etc. To show how into method acting the joker he was. But he has denied that he sent used condoms and that it was a joke.

David Ayer has confirmed that the condoms were opened (as in, removed from their packaging) but not "used" (ugh). Can we please stop talking about this now?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Batman is the dad of the Justice League and Alfred is the mom

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

A question about the motherboxes at the end: How come when Victor entered the unity and tried to separate the motherboxes they looked like demons or something?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They seemed pretty evil

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I smiled when Bruce introduced Alfred to everyone in the League as the guy he works for, lol. All the small moments of levity peppered throughout the film were great :3:

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

elf help book posted:

Batman is the dad of the Justice League and Alfred is the mom

I loved the moment when Bruce introduces Alfred as someone he works for. Just a small, nice joke that legitimized Alfred.

F;B

Asteroid Alert fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Mar 19, 2021

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
It was funny because Aquaman was just like, "Hey, nice place," like he didn't get that Bruce was joking.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Mr. Apollo posted:

A question about the motherboxes at the end: How come when Victor entered the unity and tried to separate the motherboxes they looked like demons or something?

I believe they were manifestations of the priestesses from the Age of Heroes history lesson.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Phenotype posted:

- gently caress yes. Canon Snyder Superman is a barely-repressed ball of rage devoid of emotion except as regarding a few special people, a man who loves nothing more than to devastate a city or sadistically cut someone's horn off with his eye lasers.

I think we watched different versions of MoS

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

roffels posted:

I believe they were manifestations of the priestesses from the Age of Heroes history lesson.
Ahhh... :tipshat:

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal

Mr. Apollo posted:

Scary as hell manifestation of whatever ancient unknowable advanced technology that is the motherboxes.

Its Chocolate
Dec 21, 2019
I'm watching a torrent of this and it's so Epic lol. it starts with Superman's yelp echoing around the whole world in slow mo, including this terrible composite shot of Zuckerberg

then there's a scene with a bunch of pointless tension between Batman and Aquaman's adopted village in Greenland and it ends with some women singing finnish as they stare at the water for two minutes

whoever said this is the most Snyder thing ever was correct

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Phenotype posted:

- gently caress yes. Canon Snyder Superman is a barely-repressed ball of rage devoid of emotion except as regarding a few special people, a man who loves nothing more than to devastate a city or sadistically cut someone's horn off with his eye lasers.

This is like if I said The Irishman was about a guy who loved his kids.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Its Chocolate posted:

I'm watching a torrent of this and it's so Epic lol. it starts with Superman's yelp echoing around the whole world in slow mo, including this terrible composite shot of Zuckerberg

then there's a scene with a bunch of pointless tension between Batman and Aquaman's adopted village in Greenland and it ends with some women singing finnish as they stare at the water for two minutes

whoever said this is the most Snyder thing ever was correct

Yo Clark get me out of this whack-rear end metal prison

Its Chocolate
Dec 21, 2019
Like lambs... to the slaughter!!

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Its Chocolate posted:

Like lambs... to the slaughter!!

Come to the Discord if you want to live tweet your reactions, even if it's "this is so dumb" we love that poo poo.

Its Chocolate
Dec 21, 2019

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Come to the Discord if you want to live tweet your reactions, even if it's "this is so dumb" we love that poo poo.

I don't see a Discord link or want to associate my Discord with my SA account so I'll just do it here

Its Chocolate
Dec 21, 2019
Wonder Woman to hostage girl: you can be rpesident

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Its Chocolate posted:

Of england

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Its Chocolate posted:

feel like this whole scene is the worst part of both cuts, the more I think about it. it's cool Wonder Woman gets to do some action things but just have her stop a violent art heist or some poo poo instead of "some guys want to suicide bomb a group of kids but also they put the bomb on a timer for some reason"

Psycho Mantits
Oct 6, 2009
I actually enjoyed this for the most part until the last 20 minutes, which do nothing but detract from the film. We get the return of Eisenberg's Luthor and Leto's Joker, both of which remain utter embarrassments, a 5+ minute dream sequence, and the second of two pointless Martian Manhunter cameos.

I liked it overall, which is miraculous given that I loathed Batman v Superman. But those last 20 minutes are just a complete waste that ended the film on a hugely sour note for me.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

abraham linksys posted:

feel like this whole scene is the worst part of both cuts, the more I think about it. it's cool Wonder Woman gets to do some action things but just have her stop a violent art heist or some poo poo instead of "some guys want to suicide bomb a group of kids but also they put the bomb on a timer for some reason"

Gal Gadot heroically stopping suicide bombing terrorists also rubs me weird. At least they're white, white collar nihilist-terrorists.

Its Chocolate
Dec 21, 2019
The 300 Amazons

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

wonder woman's [ancient lamentation music] everytime she pops in from offscreen is hi-larious.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Augus posted:

stuff like the Anti-Life Equation is so weird and cool conceptually and it's great seeing a movie where that isn't tossed aside for being "too comic booky" like Thanos wanting to marry Death.
The concept of the Anti-Life Equation is so cool:

--The idea that the opposite of life is not death but the loss of freewill
--When you think about what that means for Professional Nazi Hater Jack Kirby to make the ultimate expression of evil the notion of someone trying to eliminate all thoughts that are not their own, it's honestly a pretty eloquent summary of what evil is

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Astrochicken posted:

wonder woman's [ancient lamentation music] everytime she pops in from offscreen is hi-larious.

every discord i'm in that did a group watch with subtitles on now has someone named "ancient lamentation music," it's so bad

otherwise the score is pretty solid but any time wonder woman popped on screen in a fight scene it was like bracing for impact as the wailing began once again

Its Chocolate
Dec 21, 2019
I've come to enlighten you to the great DARKness? I will bathe in your fear.

Its Chocolate
Dec 21, 2019

Snyder, the master of symbolism and cinematic parallels, has done it again

Its Chocolate
Dec 21, 2019
the buff ladies who swing the hammers and hold the door :shittypop:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Roth posted:

It looks like a comic book panel.

Plenty of comic book panels are rectangular (in either orientation) so I don't buy this at ALL

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Asteroid Alert posted:

Help! A friend is being made to watch this great film without having seen MOS or BvS or WW. How can we avert a catastrophe?

Would BvS be considered the minimum required viewing for this movie to work?

I think it'll be fine to go in unprepared. The idiosyncratic, heterodox interpretations of Batman and Superman from the previous films are pretty much resolved within them, so it's a noticeably more traditional group of Superfriends in this one.

Its Chocolate
Dec 21, 2019
so wait did the cube summon that bad guuy? did he come out of it? or did he come to take it?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Its Chocolate posted:

so wait did the cube summon that bad guuy? did he come out of it? or did he come to take it?

It told him where it was and he came to take it.

Its Chocolate
Dec 21, 2019
oh my god he just swung a group of horses and riders around like it was a bag of oranges. this rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoop Dreams
Oct 21, 2010
The amazon scene reminds me a lot of Immortals (2011) also starring Henry Cavill and directed by Tarsem Singh, a class mate of Zack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJvc-eDdEw8