Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

https://www.rpgsite.net/news/10865-square-enix-shares-new-content-details-and-development-team-messages-for-saga-frontier-remastered

all this stuff about the fuse scenario sounds fully kickass and kawazu is a madman. i'm fuckin pumped lol, this sounds like the gold standard for a remaster

i gotta finish scarlet grace...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Fungah! posted:

i heard they patched some of it but idk about the rest. also does anyone know if you still have to pay ten bucks to get dante instead of raidou kuzunoha, lol

ironic since tensei heads revered the $100+ JP version with Raidou as a holy artifact for the past 18 years, and now that we're getting it ppl want the Dante version

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Is Romancing SaGa on PS2 a good place to start if I've never played the series before? It sounds cool and I'm in the mood for a PS2 RPG.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song is awesome, yes

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Dante is cooler

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1413480/Shin_Megami_Tensei_III_Nocturne_HD_Remaster/

If this bitch actually comes out in 5 days i'm gonna blast off

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

it's May 25th as previously noted you loving retard

ho fan
Oct 6, 2014

it says May 25th on the page... wtf this guy is illiterate

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

drat the page just updated

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

are they actually selling a remaster for 50 dollars. wtf

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

They can't sell for less than the KH games on the Epic store.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

it's worth it

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

yeah but drat. greedy motherfuckers out there

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

if you hadn't told fadam the release date, forcing the page to magically update for him, he could have had the game two months early and earned himself a Global Pioneer badge.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Fungah! posted:

yeah but drat. greedy motherfuckers out there

I'm waiting to see what the special edition includes before buying. if it's all the dlc then drat, they got me

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

It’s getting a physical release on PS4 and Switch so I’ll probably be copping that jawn

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I'm waiting to see what the special edition includes before buying. if it's all the dlc then drat, they got me

Pre-order the Digital Deluxe Edition from PlayStation Store, the Nintendo eShop, or the Steam Store! The Digital Deluxe Edition includes:

Full Game Download

Exclusive access to the game four days early, on May 21

Maniax Pack
Adds Dante from the Devil May Cry™ Series

Chronicle Pack
Adds Raidou from the Devil Summoner Series*

MERCIFUL Difficulty
Adds an easier difficulty mode

Mercy and Expectation Map Pack
"Little Master's Mercy"
"Master's Expectation"

Shin Megami Tensei BGM Pack
"BGM Pack 1: Shin Megami Tensei" (2 songs)
"BGM Pack 2: Shin Megami Tensei II" (2 songs)
"BGM Pack 3: Shin Megami Tensei IV" (2 songs)
"BGM Pack 4: Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse" (2 songs)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

Pre-order the Digital Deluxe Edition from PlayStation Store, the Nintendo eShop, or the Steam Store! The Digital Deluxe Edition includes:

Full Game Download

Maniax Pack

Chronicle Pack

MERCIFUL Difficulty

"Little Master's Mercy"
"Master's Expectation"

+ epic Shin Megami Tensei heroes!

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

the only thing I actually want is that mercy & expectation map pack, since it sounds like an entirely new dungeon

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I don't know if smt4 music fits nocturne very well lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

I don't know if smt4 music fits nocturne very well lol

lol yeah definitely not

also double lol at getting 2 songs each. thanks

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i couldnt ever imagine wanting to pay money to make a game easier

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the world map of SaGa Scarlet Grace is starting to get littered with post game superbosses but I can't tell when the game would even end in the first place I'm in JRPG purgatory send help

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013
I can’t tell if scarlet grace is really hard or I’m really dumb but it’s a lot of fun to wander around getting your rear end kicked by wolves and crabs, should I be grinding?

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013
My name is Urpina and I got so confused when a skeleton looked at me that I died - a goon’s story

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

it starts pretty tough bc your Party is very limited and your equipment isn't great, but you will learn and recruit more people soon enough . Welcome to the journey

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Fungah! posted:

Full Game Download

Maniax Pack

Chronicle Pack

MERCIFUL Difficulty

"Little Master's Mercy"
"Master's Expectation"

so you don't get dante or raidou without dlc?

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/LovelyHellplace/status/1373036431107629056

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Finally beat the last boss of persona 5 Royale but the final scenes are literally three hours long without end in sight so I’ll have to actually wait until tomorrow to actually plat this bitch.

musclebusiness
Jun 30, 2008

i picked up tales of vesperia: definitive edition for my first crack at a "tales of" game. i think the consensus is that this is one of the better game in the series? I'm near the end of the story, and it's been a bit of a drag the whole time. you'll enter a town, watch a scene in which the party decides to go to the inn to discuss their next plan, go to the inn and watch that scene, the party will disband and you'll have to find each individual member to speak with for additional scenes, then as you leave town you'll watch yet another scene... but i'm just a sucker for jrpgs becuase I'm absolutely going to finish this and maybe play another

ho fan
Oct 6, 2014

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Finally beat the last boss of persona 5 Royale but the final scenes are literally three hours long without end in sight so I’ll have to actually wait until tomorrow to actually plat this bitch.

what was your final hour count

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I've been playing Royal myself and I just hit the new dungeon...it's an interesting concept but it's just another thing tacked on to the end of a game where the original ending felt tacked on to begin with. At least in Persona 4 Golden the new stuff happened before the final boss of the True Ending so the game still ends where it's supposed to end.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

In Training posted:

the world map of SaGa Scarlet Grace is starting to get littered with post game superbosses but I can't tell when the game would even end in the first place I'm in JRPG purgatory send help

sounds like jrpg heaven to me. i'm stoked to start saga games, going to start with the frontier remake then scarlet grace.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
oh i posted already

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

ho fan posted:

what was your final hour count

Just shy of 150 hours...definitely the longest single player game Ive ever played

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I will never play a persona game again

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Knuc U Kinte posted:

2:12am... going back for more Persona

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

play the nocturne remaster in 2 months

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Pablo Nergigante posted:

2:12am... going back for more Persona

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

play the nocturne remaster in 2 months

If Monster Hunter doesnt turn me insane again.