Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
The Flash does, indeed, own bones in this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I feel like at least several of those are classic Flash comic cover poses, and it's awesome

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Y'know what, I've come around on the Snyder Cut. Yeah a lot of it started as nerd entitlement, but as the movement grew there was a legitimate underpinning of wanting to see a creator's vision realized that has been vindicated. Two of Hollywood's biggest Snyder critics have been exposed as terrible monsters since the release of Justice League, while the man himself has done nothing wrong. And yeah, the Snyder Cut makes it clear: Joss Whedon and studio executives hosed over a creative vision in the name of making the film more like the worst but fourth-highest grossing MCU film. It's a creative vision that I, personally, disagree with to the point where I find it fun to spend my deriding it, but it's a creative vision nonetheless. I'm glad the Snyder Cut got released. I'm happy for y'all, even if I am going to make jokes about 4:3 aspect ratio, PS3 CGI, and a four hour runtime. My question is this: does the drama end here, or is the #RestoreTheSnyderverse movement going to do everything it can to make itself something that Warner Bros. can't ignore?

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Y'know what, I've come around on the Snyder Cut. Yeah a lot of it started as nerd entitlement, but as the movement grew there was a legitimate underpinning of wanting to see a creator's vision realized that has been vindicated. Two of Hollywood's biggest Snyder critics have been exposed as terrible monsters since the release of Justice League, while the man himself has done nothing wrong. And yeah, the Snyder Cut makes it clear: Joss Whedon and studio executives hosed over a creative vision in the name of making the film more like the worst but fourth-highest grossing MCU film. It's a creative vision that I, personally, disagree with to the point where I find it fun to spend my deriding it, but it's a creative vision nonetheless. I'm glad the Snyder Cut got released. I'm happy for y'all, even if I am going to make jokes about 4:3 aspect ratio, PS3 CGI, and a four hour runtime. My question is this: does the drama end here, or is the #RestoreTheSnyderverse movement going to do everything it can to make itself something that Warner Bros. can't ignore?

This is gonna keep rolling, yeah. If Snyders zombie movie is well received, it's gonna go crazy.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Snyder Cut is better than endgame.

I said it

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Axel Serenity posted:

I will bless the user with plat or a gift certificate that can make this into a usable avatar :pray:

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Two of Hollywood's biggest Snyder critics have been exposed as terrible monsters since the release of Justice League, while the man himself has done nothing wrong.
Which two were you thinking of?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

What's the story behind Geoff John's by the way because I heard he was key to a lot of dumb dceu decisions?

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal

CelticPredator posted:

I said it

As someone who has watched Endgame a lot and cheered and cried during it on premiere night....yeah, by a loving mile.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Same.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

CelticPredator posted:

I said it

Yup

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Apollo posted:

Which two were you thinking of?

Joss Whedon and Max Landis.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Max Landis might have gotten Me Too'd before Justice League came out. 2017 is a loving blur to me.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Devin Faraci, one of the main proponents of the "Snyder is fascist" (or might have been objectivist, I can't remember) trash was MeToo'd and his career tanked hard. Good riddance to bad rubbish. Dunno about the second.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

hiddenriverninja posted:

I will bless the user with plat or a gift certificate that can make this into a usable avatar :pray:

I can't get it down past 400k without it looking like poo poo, sorry.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Mantis42 posted:

Can confirm that everytime Flash goes fast it's really cool.

Hah, I actually loving hated the way they did the Flash powers, I honestly can't think of a worse way to depict it on screen. Even the CW show makes it more fun than this one. I mean, sure, the timestop and lightning bolts everywhere was cool, but having him moving so slowly and carefully made those scenes feel slow and boring when they should have felt fast and exciting. I much preferred the effects for Evan Peters as Quicksilver -- they did a similar trick with stopping time, although without the cool pyrotechnics, but his superspeed scenes felt fun and whimsical since he himself was at least running around at normal speed compared to everyone else being frozen. (Also wish they would have given him an hour with a track coach so he didn't have the silliest running style in the world.)

I really, really liked the Flash/Superman fight, though. I don't think I've ever seen a show try to depict two distinct categories of superspeed like that, where most of the cast is frozen, and then Supes starts swinging at Barry again and he's actually moving around almost as fast as a regular person, and Barry is clearly a little faster but he can barely keep dodging because he sucks at fighting.

Axel Serenity posted:

Okay, yes, this bit was pretty tight too. Anytime he's weird and floaty, like saving the girl at the beginning or giving Wonder Woman's sword a little boop, like, ugh.

Phenotype fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Mar 20, 2021

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

CelticPredator posted:

I said it

OG Avengers and Infinity War are better than Endgame though, to be fair. So not saying too much there.

Endgame is weird in that its like Return of the King, its not the best movie on its own but it works okay as a cathartic climax of the franchise.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I love the portals scene. If I want to watch Endgame I just fire up that scene and I got everything i want out of it.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Just saw the snyder cut and didn't like it. I liked it when wonder woman cut hornmans head off and it landed at Darkseids feet, that was pretty metal tbh. But then the rest of the ending happened and oh my lord was it atrocious

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

CelticPredator posted:

I love the portals scene. If I want to watch Endgame I just fire up that scene and I got everything i want out of it.

agreed. I love the music in that scene.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
Reporting in from the Part 5 intermission point:

lol

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Axel Serenity posted:

I really liked the music cue for this.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Reporting in from the Part 5 intermission point:

lol

yeah, basically

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

The way Flash is shown in this movie is so cool exactly because its not the cookie cutter done 500 times CW bog standard unimaginative "speedster" effect Im tired of seeing.

What is unique about it, especially considering the scenes where you do see him move really really fast, is that the speed he moves is so incomprehensibley fast that the only way for us mere mortals to possibly see him moving is to slow it down to an almost scientifically observational degree.

It gives his power so much awe and it owns.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

Zaphod42 posted:

OG Avengers and Infinity War are better than Endgame though, to be fair. So not saying too much there.

Endgame is weird in that its like Return of the King, its not the best movie on its own but it works okay as a cathartic climax of the franchise.

Agreed with Infinity war, disagree about og avengers. but then again I've always maintained that Avengers was just okay.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/headfallsoff/status/1372642039070912527
https://twitter.com/headfallsoff/status/1373018578056843266

I knew that was going to be the response the moment I saw them post that comparison.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

So I'm aware that the whedon cut added the flash falling on Diana's chest scene (director trademark from age of ultron) and the "Lois is the thirstiest reporter" line, are there any other weird horny poo poo he did to the film?

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

The Saddest Rhino posted:

So I'm aware that the whedon cut added the flash falling on Diana's chest scene (director trademark from age of ultron) and the "Lois is the thirstiest reporter" line, are there any other weird horny poo poo he did to the film?

Multiple butt shots of Diana, IIRC.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

I like that twitter cropping the WC's version of that shot significantly improves its framing

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

https://twitter.com/villeneuveist/status/1372887614332805120?s=20

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Joss Whedon and Max Landis.

Max Landis posted a video today on youtube expressing regret for being toxic by making GBS threads on movies, for cyberbullying Snyder, and expressed it's more important to build screenwriters and creatives up than tear them down. Like I'm not going to defend Landis' past behavior, but he legitimately seems to have regret for his past actions and endorsed Snyder getting his creative vision out there, without commenting on the work itself.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE posted:

Multiple butt shots of Diana, IIRC.

Good loving God

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

hiddenriverninja posted:

I had to divide the scene in two, but a large cut in frame count was still needed. Scene 2 handled the cut better than 1.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

roffels posted:

Max Landis posted a video today on youtube expressing regret for being toxic by making GBS threads on movies, for cyberbullying Snyder, and expressed it's more important to build screenwriters and creatives up than tear them down. Like I'm not going to defend Landis' past behavior, but he legitimately seems to have regret for his past actions and endorsed Snyder getting his creative vision out there, without commenting on the work itself.

That's news to me but also hoo boy I spent a lot of time defending him before the dam burst so I'm not exactly inclined to forgive him.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That’s gonna give someone a seizure.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I hate looking at that avatar please make it stop

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

roffels posted:

As someone who argued about Man of Steel with Max Landis for literal days over a private Facebook conversation in 2013 you have no idea how vindicated I feel right now.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Vintersorg posted:

That’s gonna give someone a seizure.

Exactly what I was thinking. At least its fairly monochrome but still.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
*Check Rotten Tomatoes Score* actually what I did was mean and we should all aspire to be better people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

elf help book posted:

*Check Rotten Tomatoes Score* actually what I did was mean and we should all aspire to be better people