Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

Vintersorg posted:

That’s gonna give someone a seizure.

That's why I put them under spoilers, yeah. These are actually already significantly slowed down, but they'd still need another pass to be viable, at which point you might lose the point of the whole scene.

Also: ZSJL good. One of my favorite little moments was Arthur acknowledging what the team was expecting Victor to do after just watching his father die. He is just a kid, none of this is normal or business as usual.

seravid fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Mar 20, 2021

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I’ve read they got rid of scenes like this in the remastered trilogy. Of course the gamers were mad.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

The thing about this, and a lot of Whedon's pervy tendencies in movies, is that they usually make no sense in context.

So we're having a meeting to talk about the end of all life but also LOOK AT DAT rear end :quagmire: is just bizarre.

Even old James Bond movies that ran on casual 1960s sexism would have the "women being sexy" parts make some kind of sense when they happened in the movie, like it's not wild for James Bond walking on the beach in the summer to find a woman in a bathing suit or whatever. But even they wouldn't go "so you're about to be run over by a tank, and we're going to pick that moment to zoom the camera right into your crack and have Sean Connery face-plant in your chest."

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

sean10mm posted:

The thing about this, and a lot of Whedon's pervy tendencies in movies, is that they usually make no sense in context.

The thing about this one in particular is Whedon took one look at a scene in the can that already worked and wasn't really going to change, decided it needed an rear end, and got the stuff put back together to shoot Diana's rear end into it. 😬

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE posted:

The thing about this one in particular is Whedon took one look at a scene in the can that already worked and wasn't really going to change, decided it needed an rear end, and got the stuff put back together to shoot Diana's rear end into it. 😬

I think it was a body double actually

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Yoo, when the Flash runs so fast he rewrites reality and Junkie XL just goes nuts on the score... I would have killed to see that in theaters.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I think it was a body double actually

do they have butt doubles like they have stunt doubles

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Quotey posted:

do they have butt doubles like they have stunt doubles

I might be getting the stories about the set I've heard mixed up, but I heard Gal would not do this scene, and Whedon made her stunt double or something like that stand in, and she also didn't want to do it out of respect for Gal, and that's the person Whedon yelled at and threatened to end her career.

Again though I may be mixing stories.

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Mar 20, 2021

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Imagine if he actually threatened to end someone's career over a butt shot, that would be insane

Its Chocolate
Dec 21, 2019

Vintersorg posted:

I’ve read they got rid of scenes like this in the remastered trilogy. Of course the gamers were mad.

broke: getting rid of the scenes with Miranda's rear end shots
woke: getting rid of every scene with Miranda

Its Chocolate
Dec 21, 2019
took a nap now I'm watching the movie again. I also hadn't liveposted in a while because I was actually getting into it

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

CelticPredator posted:

Snyder Cut is better than endgame.

I said it

This is a lukewarm take at best. It’s head and shoulders better than Endgame. Watchmen is better than Endgame. MoS is better too.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

pospysyl posted:

Yoo, when the Flash runs so fast he rewrites reality and Junkie XL just goes nuts on the score... I would have killed to see that in theaters.

That theme is so so good I just wish there was more of it. It’s funny that in the (terrible) Danny elf man score Flash’s theme was the best and it’s the same again in this score. It’s the strangest mix of Wonder Woman’s style with this hinting of the the frightening, unbelievable, overwhelming power of what the Flash can unleash when he’s at his peak.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

CelticPredator posted:

Snyder Cut is better than endgame.

I said it

100%

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I might be getting the stories about the set I've heard mixed up, but I heard Gal would not do this scene, and Whedon made her stunt double or something like that stand in, and she also didn't want to do it out of respect for Gal, and that's the person Whedon yelled at and threatened to end her career.

Again though I may be mixing stories.

I think that was the boob face plant scene she didn't want to do.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Blue Raider posted:

This is a lukewarm take at best. It’s head and shoulders better than Endgame. Watchmen is better than Endgame. MoS is better too.

I didn’t say it was a hot take. I just said I said it.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I like all of Snyder's Superman films more than any Marvel film but that's just me preferring these to them.

That's my cold take for the day. Thank for coming to my TED talk. Please like and subscribe. Donate to my Patreon.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

CelticPredator posted:

I didn’t say it was a hot take. I just said I said it.

And you were correct.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
That was really great. I give it a B+ overall. Even my parents of all people watched the whole thing, liked it, had good things to say and they’re not really into movies too much.

Grateful Zack got to make his movie and I got to see it. 4 hours was right to let things breathe and develop.

I won’t mind if there’s a dump truck of money to make a sequel but also won’t mind if they go in a different direction. On one end this was a success and I hope many see it too.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You know who would have been loving awesome to appear in the age of heroes scene?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Gal Gadot is a completely different actress and WW under Snyder’s direction compared to her own movie series. He knows how to pull a good performance from her.

I loved Harry Lennix as Martian Manhunter and Ryan Choi The Atom

Cyborg was a definite standout and everything just gelled together and worked. I also appreciate how key Lois is to everything.

I liked the theme of family, fathers and mothers, and I suppose it ties into what Zack was going through himself. It brought humanity into everything.

This is a legitimate film and not disposable blockbuster flick.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Batman v Superman: Granny's Peach Tea

Zack Snyder's Justice League: Alfred Pennyworth's Tea

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Checking some clips from Josstice. I honestly don't know what's worse, the added scenes or the rewritten lines hacked in the original footage.

Amy Adams had to read that as "You smellgood", but there's just no way to fit three words here. And "you smell good" ? Why :psyduck:

edit: Movie Fight

Adams in boring old Earth

vs

Adams animatronic in Tatooine

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

Maybe it’s the former stoner in me but The slomo poo poo is cool, and people who don’t like watching cool pretty poo poo during a movie confuse me. Even the football game looked badass.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

You smell good is in zacks

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

meanolmrcloud posted:

Maybe it’s the former stoner in me but The slomo poo poo is cool, and people who don’t like watching cool pretty poo poo during a movie confuse me. Even the football game looked badass.

Yeah, I don't get it either. Very mad my superhero movie looks cool.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

meanolmrcloud posted:

I thought the slo-mo poo poo enhanced the pacing of the action sequences

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

CelticPredator posted:

You smell good is in zacks

She doesn't say "you smell good," she says "you spoke"

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

Hence my epic tweet

https://twitter.com/2house2fly/status/1373015696398028800?s=19

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Huh. Alright. Lol.

It does sound like smell good. But yeah no. She says you spoke.

Go’s Whedon changed it to you smell good lmfao.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

A lol when rewatching: when Steppenwolf reveals that he's found the equation that makes you insane and Darkseid comes on the line, he says to Steppenwolf "can it be true that you have found it?" I love what a pathetic patsy Steppenwolf is, nobody likes him

I wonder if the Anti-Life Equation could be a metaphor for capitalism

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

CelticPredator posted:

Huh. Alright. Lol.

It does sound like smell good. But yeah no. She says you spoke.

Go’s Whedon changed it to you smell good lmfao.

It's hilarious because I'm pretty sure "You smell good" is ADR'd over the original footage and isn't a reshoot.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Chicks dig my grave-soil scented deodorant.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal

meanolmrcloud posted:

Yes it blows my mind people have an issue with a comic book movie allowing you to absorb and savor the frame and action as if its a living page.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

2house2fly posted:

I wonder if the Anti-Life Equation could be a metaphor for capitalism
Not sure if you care about comic takes on anti-life, but YUP...

Kirby is able to illustrate how easily Fascism and Capitalism compliment each other in like four corny rear end comic panels. It's his magic.

I really would recommend reading Kirby's DC stuff. It's definitely of its time, but the guy had a definite sense of how weird the future was going to be. There is a Forever People issue where Darkseid has an amusement park in which he torments the heroes in bizarre death traps. But it's not like some Scooby Doo run down amusement park. It's just like Disney Land. There are people there, and the heroes are clearly displayed. But his amusement park traps people in their ignorance. They cannot see any of the horrors, only their own consumption. Darkseid freely walks around the park and nobody notices him except a kid who is pure of heart, but Darkseid laughs about it because the kid has no power and Darkseid is a dick. And that issue might be like the most concise parable for modern society I have ever read.

Timeless Appeal fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Mar 21, 2021

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

Neurolimal posted:

Exorcist 3 also had its ending reshot (still Blatty) to be more Exorcist-y, and that has its fans (I think the exorcism scene is great on its own, and maybe as a surprise after the rest of the muted film, but the "he just shoots him" end fits better with the grounded drama of the film)

But yeah, I cant think of any "we brought in a new guy to finish/fix the film, and the result was good!" examples off the top of my head. Whedon is a lovely person and he clearly didn't care about even trying to match Snyder (though I assume that's why the suits brought him in), but his work was cut out for him either way.

I might be misremembering, but I thought there were articles like a decade ago about how Lucas turned in a huge pile of boring space opera poo poo that was extremely recut by an editor into what we know as a new hope. Judging by what he also turned in for the prequels, that struck me as making a lot of sense.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

teagone posted:

It's hilarious because I'm pretty sure "You smell good" is ADR'd over the original footage and isn't a reshoot.

It isn't a reshoot, hence Adams' rushing through the new line to make it fit. It plays like an old foreign dub gag. Caught another one in the meantime: Instead of saying "It is. Do it" in the scout ship, Batman says "We have to try". It's real bad and entirely unnecessary.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

I love that picture frame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

seravid posted:

I had to divide the scene in two, but a large cut in frame count was still needed. Scene 2 handled the cut better than 1.

hey thanks for the effort! you can email me at hiddenriverninjasa at Gmail dot com and tell me which upgrade you want.

To keep this post on track, am I only thought that those starfish spider mind reader things were a sly Starro reference? They looked like they had a purple tint to them kind of like how they were in the animated series.