Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

i've just been letting these 2 seconds play on repeat for 5 minutes and I think my mind is seeping out of my ears, words are just sounds to me, kal-el no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

FreudianSlippers posted:

Volcano finally erupting.

Literal hours after geologists announced that the earthquake clusters were slowing down so an eruption probably wasn't happening any time soon.

Also possible fourth wave of Covid just as the government caves to tourist industry pressure to ease restrictions on the border.

Holy poo poo. Where are you?

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
Just saw Shin Godzilla in theaters. Scared the pants right off me. Arrested for indecent exposure shortly thereafter. Cops booked me and told me I got one phone call. I asked if a forums post was okay. Viva Godzilla, babies.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Carly Gay Dead Son posted:

Just saw Shin Godzilla in theaters. Scared the pants right off me. Arrested for indecent exposure shortly thereafter. Cops booked me and told me I got one phone call. I asked if a forums post was okay. Viva Godzilla, babies.

:zpatriot: Godspeed.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
The trailer for Justice League actually has the Joker saying "We live in a society.".

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

CPL593H posted:

The trailer for Justice League actually has the Joker saying "We live in a society.".

According to Twitter, that line isn't in the movie.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Leto gave an interview where he was super proud of "ad libbing" that line on set.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Gripweed posted:

That makes it even better.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Snyder Cut rules

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

CelticPredator posted:

Snyder Cut rules

Agreed, really impressed me.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I was hoping it would suck so then all the guys who screamed about it on the internet for the last forty years would just have no idea what to do with themselves.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

They were right.

Also considering too all the people that really really hate the man are real weird like the people who hate Rian Johnson

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

CPL593H posted:

I was hoping it would suck so then all the guys who screamed about it on the internet for the last forty years would just have no idea what to do with themselves.

That's pretty much exactly what's happening, but with a different set of guys!

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I don't like Snyder but "I don't like Snyder." is pretty much all I have to say on the subject. I can't understand these people that are constantly fuming about everything he does or doesn't do. I do not understand where all this vitriol comes from and I can't think of anyone else who inspires that reaction. Even George Lucas bashers aren't this loud and obnoxious and that's no easy feat.

yoohoo
Nov 15, 2004
A little disrespect and rudeness can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day
There are a lot of people who don’t want to admit how entertaining these movies are and I chalk it up to their attempt to justify their dislike of or outright refusal to even acknowledge a movie they don’t want to watch and find out they enjoy.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Gal Gadot is not a good actress.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

yoohoo posted:

There are a lot of people who don’t want to admit how entertaining these movies are and I chalk it up to their attempt to justify their dislike of or outright refusal to even acknowledge a movie they don’t want to watch and find out they enjoy.

Superhero movies are bloated enough as it is. Four hours is just way too much. Four hours is too long for just about any movie.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

CPL593H posted:

Fortunately Snyder pissed a bunch of them off by disavowing one of their pet groups (Geeks and Gaming I believe) in the moments before it premiered so good for him

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Holy poo poo. Where are you?

Not in any danger I imagine. It looks like it's gonna be tiny and in a rather remote area so the only ones in danger are the idiots that just to need to see it up close.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

CPL593H posted:

Even George Lucas bashers aren't this loud and obnoxious and that's no easy feat.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Haha.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Gripweed posted:

Incorrect. That line is actually the shibboleth by which you tell whether what you are watching is the True Snyder Cut. If the version you watch does not have that line in it, you got the Fake Snyder Cut.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1373202086939095042?s=20

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CPL593H posted:

I don't like Snyder but "I don't like Snyder." is pretty much all I have to say on the subject. I can't understand these people that are constantly fuming about everything he does or doesn't do. I do not understand where all this vitriol comes from and I can't think of anyone else who inspires that reaction. Even George Lucas bashers aren't this loud and obnoxious and that's no easy feat.

I think that reaction you're describing isn't what's happening. The vitriol is directed more towards the fans themselves. Snyder and Lucas' work inspires a particular bimodal distribution of responses where a lot of people think their films are amazing, and a lot of people think their films are trash, with very few in the middle, and either side can't understand the other's reaction because their works are so obviously great/terrible. So you just have people going back and forth at each other with no common ground on social media which drives each side further and further apart

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Maxwell Lord posted:

Fortunately Snyder pissed a bunch of them off by disavowing one of their pet groups (Geeks and Gaming I believe) in the moments before it premiered so good for him

I do love that Snyder managed to sour their victory at the last moment.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
There's quite a lot of the old internet pastime of 'invent a guy in your head, trick yourself into believing he exists, and get real mad at him' going on there too, where the fictional guy happens to be representative of real people.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Ghost Leviathan posted:

There's quite a lot of the old internet pastime of 'invent a guy in your head, trick yourself into believing he exists, and get real mad at him' going on there too, where the fictional guy happens to be representative of real people.

There's a genuine hateful and toxic section of Snyder fans, ones who've attached themselves to his work as some kind of antidote to the MCU, largely reacionaries who see his work lacking the "wokeness" they perceive in Disney's output. They're the ones he just pissed off, so it's very easy to check that they do, in fact, exist. I'm not saying they control all Snyder discourse but they are definitely part of why it's such a vitriolic topic, and they're not "the lovely part of every fandom" either, they're an outsized section of it.

The Klowner posted:

I think that reaction you're describing isn't what's happening. The vitriol is directed more towards the fans themselves. Snyder and Lucas' work inspires a particular bimodal distribution of responses where a lot of people think their films are amazing, and a lot of people think their films are trash, with very few in the middle, and either side can't understand the other's reaction because their works are so obviously great/terrible. So you just have people going back and forth at each other with no common ground on social media which drives each side further and further apart

Yeah, there's a very unfortunate tendency among people who like Snyder movies, even the nice ones, to act like or outright state the people who don't like his work simply did not watch it correctly or misunderstood it. This is a terrible way to argue for media you like and just pisses everyone off. I'm probably guilty of doing the same thing in the opposite direction sometimes, but honestly I care very little about Zack Snyder's work compared to how incredibly angry I get at being condescended to about said work.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Hey man, they're just movies.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Unfortunately, the internet of full of people who categorically did not understand it lol

like you literally can't mention the man's name without someone claiming that his film which exalts the virtues of self-sacrifice for the common good is Randian or that the movie about how geek culture objectifies women is sexist

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Hey man, they're just movies.

Yeah. It's ok to like or not like or have no opinion on the movies, imo.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Unfortunately, the internet of full of people who categorically did not understand it lol

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

I'm sorry you're discomforted by people pointing out your bad opinions.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I'm sorry you're discomforted by people pointing out your bad opinions.

I'm sorry you're a pathological shithead.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

I'm sorry you're a pathological bitch.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Cool it

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Snyder is finally doing a follow up to his one genuinely good movie but unfortunately it's on Netflix so I'll probably never see it

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The light of day has revealed that this is a tiny punk rear end erruption that wouldn't harm a fly.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

FreudianSlippers posted:

The light of day has revealed that this is a tiny punk rear end erruption that wouldn't harm a fly.

buying my ticket to the reverse polar bear challenge

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Snyder is finally doing a follow up to his one genuinely good movie but unfortunately it's on Netflix so I'll probably never see it

Dawn of the Dead sequel?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

FreudianSlippers posted:

Glad to hear it. We don't need more disasters.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Skwirl posted:

Dawn of the Dead sequel?

Semi-sequel it looks like? What I got from watching the trailer with the sound off is it's a Las Vegas heist movie taking place post-zombie apocalypse. Which I'm pretty into.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

My favorite thing about the ZSJL saga has been informing people that open matte is a thing that exists, and that by extension all their dads were right about widescreen “having less of the movie”