Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
My dude have you heard of M. Jocelyn Elders?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/status/1372909898300854285?s=21

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/1372971929167085568?s=20

Russia has finally discovered Max Headroom technology and is pushing America, we cannot have a 1980s gap!

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Nick Soapdish posted:

Russia has finally discovered Max Headroom technology and is pushing America, we cannot have a 1980s gap!

This whole thing really feels both bizarre and desperate.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Acebuckeye13 posted:

This whole thing really feels both bizarre and desperate.

Really a good description of history from 1996 to 2021

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Bizarre, yes. Desperate? I'm not so sure anymore. I mean, they've got Fox openly calling for it.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

The right wing media is openly siding with a totalitarian murderous maniac. It's premeditated and low effort on their part to just have even more insane rifts happen here.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Well yeah, kind of the logical next step down that thought chain is to call for putin to remove Biden, but I really loving hope things aren't that far gone

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
They'd probably side with Jinping too. They're authoritarians yall.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Milo and POTUS posted:

They'd probably side with Jinping too. They're authoritarians yall.

Submitting to gay space communism to own the libs

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Wasabi the J posted:

Yeah they were current tokers and were told it would be overlooked it says so in the story.

That detail wasn't in what I saw earlier about it. I mean...whoever told them that was dumb as gently caress and I hope they feel like absolutely poo poo. I'm not entirely without sympathy for those fired because the situation is dumb as gently caress too, but if I've got a loving gig at the White House I'm gonna play things a little safer than actively violating federal law even if the next guy up on the ladder (who is not involved in this process whatsoever) says it's nbd. It's flat out not up to him anyway.

Edit: Jesus, Hannity. Not even hiding this.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Chapo's "Biden is hospice for the american empire" take just keeps getting more and more accurate

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.
I'm guessing a few positive urinalyses there. My agency relaxed standards on prescription use of other's drugs and hard drugs because it was impossible to find people who didn't take their roommates adderall or military guys sharing tylenol 3 during remote deployments.

We also poly everyone which means they fail if "tried marijuana once" on the sf86 becomes "daily use during college".

E: We also had to relax the rules on digital piracy for quite a while because everyone downloads everything in college.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

KirbyKhan posted:

Submitting to gay space communism to own the libs

Steve king already onboard with the Uighur treatment

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Evil SpongeBob posted:

We also poly everyone which means they fail if "tried marijuana once" on the sf86 becomes "daily use during college".

E: We also had to relax the rules on digital piracy for quite a while because everyone downloads everything in college.

I must inform you that your agency and/or company is dumb as gently caress.

E: To clarify, using a poly and giving a poo poo about digital piracy is dumb as gently caress. Unless they’re running torrents on government or company networks.

mlmp08 fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Mar 20, 2021

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

mlmp08 posted:

I must inform you that your agency and/or company is dumb as gently caress.

lol

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Evil SpongeBob posted:

I'm guessing a few positive urinalyses there. My agency relaxed standards on prescription use of other's drugs and hard drugs because it was impossible to find people who didn't take their roommates adderall or military guys sharing tylenol 3 during remote deployments.

A poly is basically meaningless as an origination of truth, and failing a drug test in a federal job means you aren't smart enough to stay there.

lightpole fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Mar 20, 2021

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

oh noooooooooooo /s

https://twitter.com/scrowder/status/1373096461978722305

:sickos:

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen

Nick Soapdish posted:

Interestingly, some parts of Russian media are also just calling it "talks" and saying that Biden is refusing to engage.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Oh that card, making jokes til the end

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Had to have heart surgery done while I was active duty. I was told I could have it done in the US, where they would do a mechanical valve replacement and I'd have to take blood thinners the rest of my life. Or I could go 30 minutes down the road to Homburg, Germany (I was at Landstuhl) and have the surgery done by one of the leading cardiac surgeons in the world.

That leading cardiac surgeon did a repair instead of any sort of replacement, and I've had zero issues since.

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

I know this tweet is angerbait and it still makes me angry.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Canadian healthcare is provided in igloos

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Currently at a mass vax site about to be stuck by what looks like guard medical staff. Gotta say, they are being crazy efficient, except for like 2/3 of them that were given no job but "stand around."

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

The Guard testing site in my state was super efficient / well run. I was impressed.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Meanwhile, we've managed to administer another whopping 200k doses yesterday.
Just a hundred and fifty million more to go.

Any day now.

:negative:

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
I was wrong. Shots were given by active duty from the 101st Airborne. Supported by locals.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
I did my shots on base, it was run by the hospital and was pretty efficient. I spent under an hour including filling out paperwork and the 15 minute wait after the vaccine was administered to get a couple hundred people through.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I'd have to guess 1/4rth of the civmar crew on the ship that I'm on turned down the vax and half the mildet. Never mind we got a very popular crewmate who managed to contract it on basically his first day after paying off and is now on a ventilator in Arizona.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

This is a good thread

https://twitter.com/mugrimm/status/1171794187609657345?s=20

https://twitter.com/mugrimm/status/1171804097797873664?s=20

etc

https://twitter.com/mugrimm/status/1171805861284667393?s=20

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/mugrimm/status/1171811047671566336

:hmmno:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

GoGoGadget posted:

Had to have heart surgery done while I was active duty. I was told I could have it done in the US, where they would do a mechanical valve replacement and I'd have to take blood thinners the rest of my life. Or I could go 30 minutes down the road to Homburg, Germany (I was at Landstuhl) and have the surgery done by one of the leading cardiac surgeons in the world.

That leading cardiac surgeon did a repair instead of any sort of replacement, and I've had zero issues since.

Bragwurst about it

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Yo the Wikipedia entry on that is wild. What a bunch of babies.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Thread about the vaccine mess
tl/dr US and the English both chose exceptionalim, in practice export bans screwing the rest of the world through contract law promised ceo's would get rich if they played their game and the English didn't trust the US - Oxford wanted to partner with Merck, BoJo forced them to AZ.

That's why you're almost year ahead of the rest of the planet. 'Someone' actively wanted to get all vaccine production be America First through money and lawyers. 'Someone' seems a little racist.

https://twitter.com/DaveKeating/status/1372897635577761803?s=19

https://twitter.com/DaveKeating/status/1372897673477505026?s=19

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Thwomp posted:

Yo the Wikipedia entry on that is wild. What a bunch of babies.

Wasnt that the one were they put carrier killing missiles on 16ft speed boats? The whole thing was stupid.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Didn’t this happen in like 2010 or so as well? I remember the ofpor leader using bike couriers for messengers and small boats for his “attacks”, and the navy had no answer for it.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Thread about the vaccine mess
tl/dr US and the English both chose exceptionalim, in practice export bans screwing the rest of the world through contract law promised ceo's would get rich if they played their game and the English didn't trust the US - Oxford wanted to partner with Merck, BoJo forced them to AZ.

That's why you're almost year ahead of the rest of the planet. 'Someone' actively wanted to get all vaccine production be America First through money and lawyers. 'Someone' seems a little racist.

https://twitter.com/DaveKeating/status/1372897635577761803?s=19

https://twitter.com/DaveKeating/status/1372897673477505026?s=19

:capitalism:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Crab Dad posted:

Wasnt that the one were they put carrier killing missiles on 16ft speed boats? The whole thing was stupid.

Yeah and somehow instantaneous communication from mosque to mosque using the call to prayer or something like that. They had motorcycle couriers moving at near the speed of light.

There’s a reason they reset. The “rigging” may have been excessive, but opfor was breaking the basic laws of reality.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

God can decide which country gets good health care but didn't ruin a bigot's heart? He's got a strange understanding of how that works

Also I had a pacemaker put in at 22 and I'm sure you all can guess how fun it's been in the ol' US of A to have to maintain good health insurance my whole adult life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
If you have a chronic health condition and think you are better off in the US vs like 30 other developed and several developing countries, you also have chronic brain poisoning.