Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will You Miss Indie Wrestling?
No it sucked
Yes
View Results

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Collective lineup for Mania weekend announced.

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1358886627809112064

(this feels like a mistake)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Lamuella posted:

Collective lineup for Mania weekend announced.

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1358886627809112064

(this feels like a mistake)

yeah :smith:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Outdoors at low capacity at least.

https://twitter.com/collective2020/status/1358892038910054403

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Tampa, of course, just had a bunch of (mostly non-masked) dumb shits in the streets last night and over the weekend with the Super Bowl, so I'm sure this is going to go off without a hitch.

I suppose with capping off capacity so low, you probably eliminate a huge chunk of fly-in attendees so maybe that'll be a swing in the right direction.

I dunno. Just stop doing shows. Ugh.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Wasn't there a small break out at the shows they did in October?

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

mariooncrack posted:

Wasn't there a small break out at the shows they did in October?

Yep.

What an awful idea from GCW, IWTV, Highspots and literally everyone involved.

Do we all want wrestling? Yeah.

Is this the way or time to do it? No. Stay home.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Hard to stay home when you are given absolutely no incentive to because the government would rather buy more weapons and instruments of war instead of letting you live.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

ARMBAR A COP posted:

Hard to stay home when you are given absolutely no incentive to because the government would rather buy more weapons and instruments of war instead of letting you live.

No disagreement here, but I think we can agree there are better things to do than run wrestling shows which endanger even more people than those they’re financially enriching.

Or, better yet, that it’d be smarter that if you’re a wrestler / fed who needs money as this is your vocation, to run closed set streaming events, as GCW has shown they’re able to do and succeed at twice over so far?

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

i went to ngi weekend. i wouldnt hesitate to go to another outdoors gcw show at the showboat and even the indoors show felt safer than like going to the grocery store. this weekend is a tremendously bad idea that's going to literally kill a lot of people.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

idk which thread to put this in, so-

a buddy of mine loves Nick Gage and just got engaged so on a whim I bought a cameo from Gage to celebrate.

he starts with:

“It’s the motherfuckin’ GOD of this poo poo, Nick Fuckin’ Gage; first, shoutout to my murder death kill gang all around the world; shoutout to all the boys locked down in a cell, eatin’ that lovely-rear end food, Eastern block! Shoutout to my motherfuckin’ hate club.
RIP, my tattooed partner from hell, Nate Hatred, and RIP to brother Justice Pain.”

a bit more babbling, then

"IF ANYBODY FUCKS WITH T— AND HIS GIRL A—— ON THEIR FUCKIN' ENGAGEMENT DAY
OR THEIR WEDDING DAY
I WILL HUNT YOU MOTHERFUCKERS DOWN
I’LL PUT A SKI MASK ON
AND I *WILL* HAVE A WEAPON IN MY HAND BECAUSE THEY’RE GANG-AFFILIATED”

Best $25 I’ve ever spent tbh

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I did the same for my buddy who did a 24-hour gaming livestream for The Trevor Project and Gage was like "CHARITY? THAT'S loving GREAT. I DO A LITTLE CHARITY WORK MYSELF" and that sentence has been our go-to inside joke for 6 months

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
I have mixed feelings because at least in the case of GCW and potentially Highspots/Wrestlecon (if they're using the same venues they had booked for 2020), I honestly have no clue what I'd do if I was in their shoes and had to make the decision of whether or not to settle up on their deposits by running this year or eat the massive amount of money they put down and were having a hard time getting back. And knowing the level of potential personal financial peril Brett and Michael found themselves facing...it's a lot to digest. Obviously I'd prefer if nobody runs.

That said: I'm MUCH less concerned about the shows themselves than I am the number of people—fans, talent, promoters, support staff, etc.—flying in and the strong likelihood that they'll mingle without masks or social distancing while away from the shows. It's not even about whether or not the promoters will take precautions. I fully expect them to. But it's not enough, especially with wrestlers and wrestling fans specifically, much less in loving FLORIDA.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
It seriously boggles my mind that there are going to be people traveling to Florida to create a super spreader event because the WWF is holding loving WrestleMania there and that is enough for the usual WrestleMania circumstances to begin to shake back into place.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
https://twitter.com/beyondwrestling/status/1364648294400614401

Beyond's back, starting tomorrow

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Nice.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Really sad news

https://twitter.com/CWFHMarquez/status/1364814241266421763

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Aw gently caress that’s terrible.

Jocephus did some great stuff in the Storm feud. He was a big reason the NWA seemed like it could be something special after Billy bought it.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

:( a sad day for mongrovia

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Lineup for Beyond tonight:

Jordan Oliver vs Trish Adora
Chris Dickinson vs Tony Deppen in the first round of a Greatest Rivals Round Robin.
40 Acres vs The Rep in the first round of the Tournament For Tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/beyondwrestling/status/1364999599765659650

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Lamuella posted:

Lineup for Beyond tonight:

Jordan Oliver vs Trish Adora
Chris Dickinson vs Tony Deppen in the first round of a Greatest Rivals Round Robin.
40 Acres vs The Rep in the first round of the Tournament For Tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/beyondwrestling/status/1364999599765659650

Those were 3 solid matches... was sort of disappointed they started off with Dickenson/Deppen for GRRR.

GCW is putting on a PPV the day before Revolution and found this: https://www.pwponderings.com/2021/02/21/gcw-title-match-with-huge-implications-signed-for-gcw-take-kare/

I kinda get the feeling Gage is close to coming back and that's how they're putting the title back on him.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TUS posted:

Those were 3 solid matches... was sort of disappointed they started off with Dickenson/Deppen for GRRR.

GCW is putting on a PPV the day before Revolution and found this: https://www.pwponderings.com/2021/02/21/gcw-title-match-with-huge-implications-signed-for-gcw-take-kare/

I kinda get the feeling Gage is close to coming back and that's how they're putting the title back on him.

Gage just had a second surgery I don't think he is back anytime soon and I think they will just put the belt on Joey. GCW has done a lot of weird stuff lately but not promoting a Nick Gage return and title win when Brett badly needs money would be one of the weirdest!

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i’m hoping rsp retains and we get 44OH’s Spring Break

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

WatermelonGun posted:

i’m hoping rsp retains and we get 44OH’s Spring Break

If so it better involve a bunch of people from Texas (for some reason) in Ohio to see Lake Erie (again for some reason)

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

MassRafTer posted:

Gage just had a second surgery I don't think he is back anytime soon and I think they will just put the belt on Joey. GCW has done a lot of weird stuff lately but not promoting a Nick Gage return and title win when Brett badly needs money would be one of the weirdest!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Enjoyed the Signature Series, but it really feels like Beyond has some distinct rebuilding to do. I found myself missing a crowd in general and the White Eagle in particular. Beyond crowds always add a lot, and the dudes in the H20 Wrestling Centre weren't silent, but it just felt like an ingredient was missing.

There was also a sense (an accurate sense) that Beyond is recovering from a talent raid. Or several talent raids. AEW took the Beaver Boys, Bear Country, Kris Stat, Anthony Bowens, Orange Cassidy, and Leyla Hirsch. WWE took Josh Briggs and Anthony Greene. The consequences of his own loving stupid dirtbag actions took David Starr. This doesn't mean they have nobody, but their bench is less full than it was.

This series is a good start, and they have some distinct advantages in terms of indie name recognition, but it feels like a couple of the more agile indies stole a march on them during the pandemic. Eager to see them continue to come back.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lamuella posted:

Enjoyed the Signature Series, but it really feels like Beyond has some distinct rebuilding to do. I found myself missing a crowd in general and the White Eagle in particular. Beyond crowds always add a lot, and the dudes in the H20 Wrestling Centre weren't silent, but it just felt like an ingredient was missing.

There was also a sense (an accurate sense) that Beyond is recovering from a talent raid. Or several talent raids. AEW took the Beaver Boys, Bear Country, Kris Stat, Anthony Bowens, Orange Cassidy, and Leyla Hirsch. WWE took Josh Briggs and Anthony Greene. The consequences of his own loving stupid dirtbag actions took David Starr. This doesn't mean they have nobody, but their bench is less full than it was.

This series is a good start, and they have some distinct advantages in terms of indie name recognition, but it feels like a couple of the more agile indies stole a march on them during the pandemic. Eager to see them continue to come back.

Losing Josh Briggs is addition by subtraction.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I was at Hybrid's show (Let It Ride) today, just a few thoughts

I love Faye & Willow, and the match between them was everything I expected & more.

JJ Garrett is a young Scott Steiner clone. I legitimately thought someone was randomly selling Scott Steiner 8x10s at the merch table until I saw him wrestle.

Matt Makowski, who I saw for the first time last year at Chikara's Pro Wrestling Day show, is just as impressive. He's got the intensity, the mat wrestling skills, and his offense looks like it hurts. Definitely Kurt Angle/Ken Shamrock type, and with the right manager could definitely go places (I've never seen any of his promos, but he seems like he would be better off brooding in the background while someone else talks).

Ironbeast were amazing, I think I had heard of Shane Mercer before, but I hadn't seen them before.

Masha Slamovich Vs Hollidead was insane. Love how Masha seemingly never shutups during the match.

Finally Tankman Vs Manders is one of the most incredible hoss fights I've ever seen live. I swear Tankman caved in Manders' chest. I had seen Tankman during that 24 hour wrestling show and wasn't that impressed, but I am now.

It was a great show, everyone had masks and tried to stay away from each other. The only disappointing thing was how quickly they ran everyone out of there after the show because GCW had a show after.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Huh, Masha left Japan? When did that happen?

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

forkboy84 posted:

Huh, Masha left Japan? When did that happen?

She's been back for a bit, I think her first match back was on the 24/7 GCW show on the Cibernetico. She was one of the few wrestlers selling stuff after the show, she was cool as hell.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Gotta say the idea of a 44.OH Spring Break is funnier than a pandemic Spring Break if they actually go all out with it.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Gotta say the idea of a 44.OH Spring Break is funnier than a pandemic Spring Break if they actually go all out with it.

They would be forced to only book people from Texas, because that is who spring breaks in the 44.OH zone.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/WarriorWrstlng/status/1372368359103283202

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Oh gently caress Thunder Rosa gonna bleed her out and take the title

(I thought after she no-showed Impact that she was Done Forever Under Pain Of Lawsuit? I assume she's dropping the title)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I thought she was retiring from how she made things sound last time

Impact didn’t hold a grudge over her situation or anything like that

Glad she’s back in the business even if it’s just for one last match. Great person and great talent

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
I don't want Kylie to come back only to retire for a 3rd time in a few months. I just want her to live a normal, happy life. Wrestling, for whatever reason, seems to be a roadblock to that.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
From reliable sources, Kylie is just anxious and doesn't like being in the spotlight. Either way, she wants her privacy but I miss her a lot, I'm happy to see her when she's around.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Kylie Rae the local indie wrestler would be just fine. :allears:

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

RealFoxy posted:

From reliable sources, Kylie is just anxious and doesn't like being in the spotlight. Either way, she wants her privacy but I miss her a lot, I'm happy to see her when she's around.

Pinwiz11 posted:

Yeah, from everything we've heard, Kylie realizing that she's happy wrestling, just not happy with the spotlight of a TV push, would not exactly be surprising.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Her little run in Impact with Susie in tow was fun and i wish we've gotten to the Rae / Purrazzo Fireworks Factory but also

DM Punk posted:

I don't want Kylie to come back only to retire for a 3rd time in a few months. I just want her to live a normal, happy life. Wrestling, for whatever reason, seems to be a roadblock to that.

Pinwiz11 posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I don't know anything about Jersey Championship Wrestling, but apparently GCW bought and is relauching it?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMmf33XprCL/?igshid=vqd4ihby8t9o