Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Joe Bennett is the regular penciler for the series who has indeed tweeted support for Bolsonaro. More recently he came under fire for liking a transphobic comment on a drawing of She-Hulk and drawing a background detail in Immortal Hulk #43 that many saw as anti-Semitic (a big window sign that said "Cronenberg's Jewery [sic]" with a Star of David under it). Bennett did apologize for the latter and claimed that it was an innocent mistake-- how convincingly is up to you but I'm still narrowing my eyes at him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
most likely about joe bennett

efb

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

For what it's worth, I am still reading Immortal Hulk because I do not know of another Marvel title with a trans character, let alone a cool trans character who is allowed to be proactive in the plot.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I accidentally draw stars of David CONSTANTLY so I get where he's coming from.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
did you label them jewery

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

site posted:

did you label them jewery

Gonna take this whole concept and turn it into a lovely twilight zone style "got a murderers hand transplanted" story but with an antisemites doodling hand.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

It's like the opposite of when you pass by a wall or an overpass where somebody clearly tried to draw a swastika but got confused and put the arms all akimbo.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Tried to be racist, accidentally buddhist

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

How Wonderful! posted:

It's like the opposite of when you pass by a wall or an overpass where somebody clearly tried to draw a swastika but got confused and put the arms all akimbo.

Ha, you mean like any time a modern day nazi tries to draw one? Because they're all so goddamned stupid.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

How much say do writers get in this stuff? Because Ewing doesn't seem to type to be cool with any of this

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
he may not have seen it before it went to print but also afaik he never commented on it afterwards

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

His twitter has been silent since February 3rd for whatever that's worth

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

How Wonderful! posted:

His twitter has been silent since February 3rd for whatever that's worth

And even when the news broke he'd set his Twitter to 'only people I follow can respond.'

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
My respect for Zack Snyder just went up a bunch

https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1372383386552111104

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

And these assholes are not shy anymore about showing their hate. I hope someone throws the authorities at them:

https://twitter.com/KnightGambit/status/1372651668895002625

Seriously, this is a huge red flag. Who you guys call when someone goes around telling they want to kill a minority?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Oasx posted:

My respect for Zack Snyder just went up a bunch

https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1372383386552111104

:master:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Desperado Bones posted:

And these assholes are not shy anymore about showing their hate. I hope someone throws the authorities at them:

Seriously, this is a huge red flag. Who you guys call when someone goes around telling they want to kill a minority?

I mean the issue there is that the authorities are basically on their side.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Desperado Bones posted:

goddamn, Ethan Van Sciver's such a huge loving disgusting scumbag.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
The Fandom Menace has always been goddamn awful since its conception. Even the name alone sounds like 'We're assholes and proud of it!'.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

When did Evs turn into current day James Cameron? Isn’t he only in his 40s?

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

From what I have seen whenever other shitheads post their photos being a hateful rear end in a top hat actually ages you.

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
putting cyberfrog stickers on hundreds of coins takes a toll on you

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

These pricks all talk to each other in dead-baby jokes. How on earth do they not get sick of acting like this all the time?

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
it's who they actually are

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Splint Chesthair posted:

These pricks all talk to each other in dead-baby jokes. How on earth do they not get sick of acting like this all the time?
They've become fully committed to Anti-life.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Desperado Bones posted:

From what I have seen whenever other shitheads post their photos being a hateful rear end in a top hat actually ages you.

My dick bag former coworker is like living proof of this. He's 3 years older than me but in the time since I left that job he looks like he's aged 15 years.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
republicans look like poo poo by the age of 25, they just live unnaturally long cuz they sell the souls of those lives the destroy to yahweh

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
be gay do crimes keeps you young and virile. doesn't stop your body from falling apart though.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
https://twitter.com/AGramuglia/status/1372565165753958406?s=19

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Odds this "expose" is just a bunch of depressing moments from Synder's movies edited together? I keep waiting for anyone involved in this garbage to experience even the tiniest bit of shame and it never happens.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1372911301123526657

Like I'm just angrier at YouTube now even though they've taken it down?

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Let's see if this is the nail in the coffin for Van Nazi.

https://twitter.com/SjwSpiderman/status/1372964229985210371?s=20

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Dawgstar posted:

https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1372911301123526657

Like I'm just angrier at YouTube now even though they've taken it down?

If anything given Youtube, they will make whole new rules and half-assed punishments. “Well he can only upload one video a day now.” or some dumb bullshit. Youtube will twist and bend over these assholes.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

If it's YouTube, they will promote the videos and be added to your children's algorithms.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1373202086939095042

The Noodle Incident
Aug 23, 2007
I DON’T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT!
I am actually torn about this. Like hey, yeah, good on Snyder for calling them out. On the other hand, this is exactly the audience his movies are made for. Wittingly or not, Zack Snyder is marketing to an alt-right audience and it's hard to congratulate him without reservations for suddenly being upset about that.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The Noodle Incident posted:

I am actually torn about this. Like hey, yeah, good on Snyder for calling them out. On the other hand, this is exactly the audience his movies are made for. Wittingly or not, Zack Snyder is marketing to an alt-right audience and it's hard to congratulate him without reservations for suddenly being upset about that.

While I'm not going to argue there's certainly a lot of overlap between the alt right and hardcore Snyder weirdos, I think this is a bit harsh on the man himself. They liked him as a symbol, as this is showing, never the actual content of his work, which I'm sure they're all much too loving stupid to understand. Not because his work takes a genius, just because ComicsGate people are so loving dumb and single minded.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Vince MechMahon posted:

While I'm not going to argue there's certainly a lot of overlap between the alt right and hardcore Snyder weirdos, I think this is a bit harsh on the man himself. They liked him as a symbol, as this is showing, never the actual content of his work, which I'm sure they're all much too loving stupid to understand. Not because his work takes a genius, just because ComicsGate people are so loving dumb and single minded.

Yeah, a lot of them absolutely seemed to gravitate to Snyder because he wasn't the MCU what with all their being 'political.'

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah, a lot of them absolutely seemed to gravitate to Snyder because he wasn't the MCU what with all their being 'political.'

There's a trend by Comicsgaters to swing toward an alternate media to show that they are not haters of the media as a whole. Like when they batted for Alita: Battle Angel (against Captain Marvel), the Sonic movie (against Birds of Prey) or The Mandalorian (against the sequel trilogy but it got really funny when they all got mad at Cara Dune's debut and then liked her when Gina turned out to have their chud ideology). It's a grift. I'm convinced they either hate almost everything that comes out or really center their identity on anything that isn't whatever they consider 'woke' to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

DesertIslandHermit posted:

There's a trend by Comicsgaters to swing toward an alternate media to show that they are not haters of the media as a whole. Like when they batted for Alita: Battle Angel (against Captain Marvel), the Sonic movie (against Birds of Prey) or The Mandalorian (against the sequel trilogy but it got really funny when they all got mad at Cara Dune's debut and then liked her when Gina turned out to have their chud ideology). It's a grift. I'm convinced they either hate almost everything that comes out or really center their identity on anything that isn't whatever they consider 'woke' to be.

I get the sense that a lot of these people that orchestrate these groups aren't so much fans at all but just see these petty genre wars as a place to insert their hatred into something other than just a political realm so it can take root. And that way they can infect someone's impressionable mind through an avenue that person is susceptible to liking. They can use this as a front to convert more people to their ways.