Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Thankfully the correct result

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Shingo/Ospreay is gonna own

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

a cyborg mug posted:

The movie Unbreakable but instead of Samuel L. Jackson’s character being a comic art dude, he’s a pro wrestling referee

Red Shoes looks up in agony and catches just a glimpse of brass knucks in Gedo's back pocket as he escapes up some stairs.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Rarity posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICL7RvGOGac&t=3s

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Rarity posted:

Judging by their BOSJ finals match, i'm liable to agree

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

This has been a very weird New Japan show, but there was some very good stuff amid the entire building shaking.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I think the bullshit interference was actually OK in this match because Shingo powered through it and just looked even stronger for it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Shingo's gonna win the New Japan Cup, you heard it here 114th :smug:

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Whoa Shingo cutting a promo in English

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

a cyborg mug posted:

Whoa Shingo cutting a promo in English

He learned something on that ROH excursion back in the day.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Maybe Ospreay will do his half of the promo in Japanese

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

oh gently caress off billy brexit

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

Maybe Ospreay will do his half of the promo in Japanese

He did it in a language we all understand

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

gently caress yes, Shingo! :woop:

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
dang that bump from slick billy

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Ospreay looks like an idiot in that baseball cap. Well, more than usual that is.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ospreay graduated to the heavyweights by stacking on 50lbs of muscle and completely rehauling his moveset. Shingo graduated to the heavyweights by... changing absolutely nothing

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
That bump by ospreay was great

I'd be racing out to buy a ticket if I lived in the area

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Rarity posted:

Ospreay graduated to the heavyweights by stacking on 50lbs of muscle and completely rehauling his moveset. Shingo graduated to the heavyweights by... changing absolutely nothing

He ate two steaks for lunch instead of one the day of the weigh-in.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
tomorrow show starts 2 hours before i finish work so ill probably miss the whole thing :negative:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Rarity posted:

A friend of mine only started watch during the last G1, and she though Shingo's back did look a bit smaller when I showed her the 2019 BOSJ final, so maybe it was so gradual a full time watcher wouldn't notice :shrug:

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
It's been a really good nj cup

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Burn Down Canberra posted:

It's been a really good nj cup

Yeah.

Though God, I'm remembering now how loving great the NJC was looking last year just before COVID hosed everything up. We got a good NJC later in the year anyway but last year's initial run was looking like an all-time great tournament.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah.

Though God, I'm remembering now how loving great the NJC was looking last year just before COVID hosed everything up. We got a good NJC later in the year anyway but last year's initial run was looking like an all-time great tournament.

At least we got the Suzuki/Nagata Grandpa Murder War out of it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cerebral Bore posted:

:hellyeah::hf::woop:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Cerebral Bore posted:

And Despy/Ishii, as well as Hiromu dragging a good match out of Honma. last years NJC was great outside of snubbing Douki for loving Jado

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I'm not sure I'm a fan of Jay challenging Tanahashi for the NEVER title. The NEVER title had its own identity and a specific type of match you'd expect from it. Getting rid of the IC title only to turn the NEVER title into the title for main eventers not currently in the IWGP title scene feels like a pointless move.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Maybe Tana and Jay will pull a swerve and spend 20 minutes elbowing each other in the face?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Jerusalem posted:

Shingo gonna win THIS and the New Japan Cup. You can trust me, I'm the guy who predicted a Naito/Switchblade final!

In 2019 i predicted Will Ospreay would win the G1
In 2020 i predicted it would be Shingo Takagi

Ahead of the curve!

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
what a zany event. shitposting seemed on point tho. excited for the finals :) ive been setting my alarm but whenever it hits im too sad/tired to get out of bed and enjoy some wrestling. ill try real hard to make it tho

bartok
May 10, 2006

So catching up and got to say I think I'm a David Finaly fan. Really hoping against hope that he would beat Ospreay who seems to be pretty much the favorite from the start. Can't be too sad because that finish was loving insane and now we get another Shingo/Ospreay match. Still pretty sure Ospreay is going to win which sucks.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I think Shingo's actually fairly likely. I think they took the NEVER off him so they could elevate him into the world title picture, which Ospreay is already reasonably credibly in.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Shingo also went through two of the last four champions on his way through the bracket. He should have a claim to the title regardless of the tournament outcome.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Veryslightlymad posted:

Shingo also went through two of the last four champions on his way through the bracket. He should have a claim to the title regardless of the tournament outcome.
Trying to think who the second was and it totally slipped my mind that EVIL is a former champion.

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo

Gaz-L posted:

I think Shingo's actually fairly likely. I think they took the NEVER off him so they could elevate him into the world title picture, which Ospreay is already reasonably credibly in.

his faction kind of feels like a joke tbh unless he does something real fast. and ya im sure something big for shingo isnt far off regardless

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

mistook reply for edit...

Thauros fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Mar 21, 2021

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Absolute murder for me though. Fricking 5am, should be illegal.

I do like that theoretically you could watch NOAH, then NJPW & then AJPW all back to back tomorrow with missing only a little of the NJPW undercard, but emphasis on the theory seeing how NOAH starts 2:30 and AJPW will end at 10ish & I am an old who need his sleep.

Anyway, in the event that I miss the final live, LETS GO SHINGO, winning the Cup a vital first step to becoming the first man to hold both the Dream Gate & IWGP HW titles!

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

full card is out, hopefully the earth can withstand the star power of the semi main event face trio this time...

NEW JAPAN CUP 2021
March 20th at 1:00 EDT/5:00 GMT/14:00 JST
Xebio Arena Sendai

Yota Tsuji, Yuya Uemura, and Gabriel Kidd vs. Suzuki-gun (Dangerous Tekkers and DOUKI)
Satoshi Kojima and Tomoaki Honma vs. United Empire (Great-O-Khan and Jeff Cobb)
CHAOS (Toru Yano, YOSHI-HASHI, and SHO) vs. Bullet Club (KENTA, EVIL, and Yujiro Takahashi
FinJuice and Toa Henare vs. L.I.J (Tetsuya Naito, SANADA, and BUSHI)
Kota Ibushi, Hiroshi Tanahashi, and Kazuchika Okada vs. Bullet Club (Jay White, Bad Luck Fale, and Chase Owens
New Japan Cup 2021 Final:Shingo Takagi vs. Will Ospreay

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

take the moon posted:

im too sad/tired to get out of bed and enjoy some wrestling.

forkboy84 posted:

I am an old who need his sleep.

Hope to see you both there, but if you can't then trust that the Ace will look into your eyes and tell you that it's okay and he understands and knows you'll be better soon :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
If Henare loses when BUSHI is right there... :argh: