Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

If you really want to min/max it,

I have 2 bottles of caffeine pills. I take at least one pill daily.

Due to GI issues I've reduced my coffee intake and upped my tea intake. I got this Zest Tea 150mg caffeine tea not too long ago. It's terrible. Don't get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Due to GI issues I've reduced my coffee intake and upped my tea intake. I got this Zest Tea 150mg caffeine tea not too long ago. It's terrible. Don't get it.

Do you have a caffeine addiction or something? Trying to understand why someone would actually consume caffeine pills on a daily basis.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

david_a posted:

Do you have a caffeine addiction or something? Trying to understand why someone would actually consume caffeine pills on a daily basis.

No. Just crippling depression. It helps me to move out of the spot on my couch that I sit with my laptop all day.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

No. Just crippling depression. It helps me to move out of the spot on my couch that I sit with my laptop all day.
Stop stealing out of people's carts and you might feel better

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Martman posted:

I don't steal carts you monster.

I steal stuff OUT of their carts. Don't worry though. I replace every item I take out of someone's cart with an item from my cart. I'm not a dick.

jimmy mnemonic
Jan 9, 2007

Fun Shoe
My Costco finally got Kitu coffee back in stock after an absence of like six months. It's keto friendly with MCT oil and monk fruit. Picked up a couple of boxes the other day.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Just lol if you're not carrying 150g of coarse ground coffee in your anal cavity

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
in prison they smuggle in coffee in their butt and just separate it from the poop afterwards. kind of like that civet coffee

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Gaius Marius posted:

Coffee is disgusting. It looks like dirt and tastes like hot bitter water. Humans have evolved past it with the invention of monster ultra zero.

I used to be like you but I too ended up needing caffeine to be even remotely functional and I hate monster energy drinks worse and I started gaining weight from Mountain Dew, my previous source of choice.

I still put 25 grams of sugar in it and use high quality beans in an aero press to reduce the bitterness as much as possible, and I've come to enjoy it.

I steal stuff OUT of their carts. Don't worry though. I replace every item I take out of someone's cart with an item from my cart. I'm not a dick.

kender role player spotted

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I love Costco Yankee Swap

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
if anyone gets too close to my cart at 'co i will put them down, as is my legal right in the state of georgia

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Just get caffeine pills. Much more economical.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I love coffee and I’m happy I tried the lavazza crema stuff at costco because I love it.

Great for espresso and drip!

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Forum medical posting and all, but if you’re trying to combat legit clinical depression by self-medicating caffeine it won’t go well.

I have a coworker who used to drink some insane quantity of Coca-Cola every day. He had to fast for a doctors exam and the nurse taking his vitals legitimately thought he was having a heart attack. After some EKGs they eventually figured out that he was going through caffeine withdrawal and handed him a Pepsi.

He’s significantly altered his consumption habits since then.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Yuck, pepsi.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

jimmy mnemonic posted:

My Costco finally got Kitu coffee back in stock after an absence of like six months. It's keto friendly with MCT oil and monk fruit. Picked up a couple of boxes the other day.

whoa my friend just gave me one of these to try last weekend and i really liked em. definitely gonna search this out.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

AKZ posted:

Yuck, pepsi.

The final insult

Artist depiction of him drinking it

https://imgur.com/a/6sxoqh9

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Accurate portrait of pepsi user.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Martman posted:

FCKGW posted:

I love Costco Yankee Swap

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
pepsi is terrible. its a struggle everytime i go to the food court to figure out which of their products is least bad. usually i pick whatever the lemonade thing is. absolute poo poo barely worthy of washing down the hot dog

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Just lol if you're not carrying 150g of coarse ground coffee in your anal cavity

You fool! Anal cavities require a fine blend to increase the surface area for your anus to more properly absorb the caffeine. A dark roast is also preferable.

Also I can't believe anyone is buying caffeine pills. rear end coffee is the way to go.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Shwqa posted:

You fool! Anal cavities require a fine blend to increase the surface area for your anus to more properly absorb the caffeine. A dark roast is also preferable.

Also I can't believe anyone is buying caffeine pills. rear end coffee is the way to go.

150g of coffee in a butt seems like a real waste when you can just suspend a few hundred microns of the anhydrous caffeine powder that somebody posted a short while ago in like five ml of saline and pipette that poo poo straight into your urethra

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

thathonkey posted:

pepsi is terrible. its a struggle everytime i go to the food court to figure out which of their products is least bad. usually i pick whatever the lemonade thing is. absolute poo poo barely worthy of washing down the hot dog

I like the Mug root beer, it’s much better than the Barq’s garbage on coca cola soda fountains.

Best is A&W tho :colbert:

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXmc7DG4uu8

you are all pawns of the

K O L A N U T

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Ok Comboomer posted:

150g of coffee in a butt seems like a real waste when you can just suspend a few hundred microns of the anhydrous caffeine powder that somebody posted a short while ago in like five ml of saline and pipette that poo poo straight into your urethra

Oooo good plan. Unfortunately it does not look like costco sells pipettes

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Ok Comboomer posted:

Do you have any idea how hard volumetric measurements are on rollerblades?

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Ok Comboomer posted:

dont forget that if you gently caress up by 50% you die a slow and panicked death

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

re: caffeine pills

I take 100mg 2x/day. Coffee makes me feel terrible. Caffeine pills for me are the equivalent of slowly sipping a coffee over a few hours

Headed to Costco tomorrow because my friend just got her membership. Gonna be magical and am gonna try for a large pepperoni pizza on the way out

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
I went to Costco today.

At the food court I tried the fruit smoothie for the first time of hopefully many times to come.

The person as the exit observed the current quality of our location's inventory, and praised my cart's curation of said inventory. It's the small touches that give me the confidence to keep coming back.

I've never had to pack a freezer this tight before, and my mind is whispering that it's time to seek out a chest freezer -- the small cube atop the fridge is simply not tenable for my long-term 'co plans.

A good day.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

david_a posted:

Forum medical posting and all, but if you’re trying to combat legit clinical depression by self-medicating caffeine it won’t go well.

I have a coworker who used to drink some insane quantity of Coca-Cola every day. He had to fast for a doctors exam and the nurse taking his vitals legitimately thought he was having a heart attack. After some EKGs they eventually figured out that he was going through caffeine withdrawal and handed him a Pepsi.

He’s significantly altered his consumption habits since then.

Oh I'm on a handful of medications. I'm bipolar so I probably shouldn't be having any caffeine at all but I'm well regulated. Well also a slew of other mental illnesses. The VA has a neat thing where I can check every interaction I've had with them and I can read lab reports, MRIs, EKGs, everything. I have like 10 different diagnoses lol. I also had ECT like 30 times or so.

It's far.... far better than alcohol. At least I am somewhat productive. I don't go nuts with it. One caffeine pill is 100mg which is just over a cup of coffee. Less than an energy drink.

omg I should have been getting whiskey from Costco. That would have been so much cheaper.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Mar 20, 2021

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
jesus christ if you are at the point you are popping caffeine pills to get through the day you should see a doctor.

Like, nutrition, sleep hygiene, cpap, something is wrecking your body's ability to rest.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

pentyne posted:

jesus christ if you are at the point you are popping caffeine pills to get through the day you should see a doctor.

Like, nutrition, sleep hygiene, cpap, something is wrecking your body's ability to rest.

I take one.

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

Oh I'm on a handful of medications. I'm bipolar so I probably shouldn't be having any caffeine at all but

Heyder Pennywise. I don't mean to E/N on ya but while it sounds like there's a level of effectiveness to taking caffeine pills to mitigate depression symptoms (which is less harmful than other things, as you stated), more effective and healthier coping mechanisms do exist and are worth practicing.
That being said, I absolutely understand that sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do to get by.
I wish you better days ahead and Costco carts as bountiful as cornucopias.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

AWarmBody posted:

Heyder Pennywise. I don't mean to E/N on ya but while it sounds like there's a level of effectiveness to taking caffeine pills to mitigate depression symptoms (which is less harmful than other things, as you stated), more effective and healthier coping mechanisms do exist and are worth practicing.
That being said, I absolutely understand that sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do to get by.
I wish you better days ahead and Costco carts as bountiful as cornucopias.

:glomp:

Makes me want a Costco dog.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
“pharmaceutical garde”

the mark of qaulity

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

May your dogs be as plentiful as your days (+ free refill)

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
let the man take one caffeine pill a day for gently caress sake its fine.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

bob dobbs is dead posted:

dont forget that if you gently caress up by 50% you die a slow and panicked death

....or die cumming harder than you’ve ever cum before

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
Is this the air purifier everyone is raving about?

https://www.costco.com/winix-true-hepa-4-stage-air-purifier-with-wi-fi-and-additional-filter.product.100662892.html

My local church doesn't have it, they have a similar one that is $30 more with no wifi and no additional filters lame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

I’m also bipolar, plus add (diagnosed before both kinds got umbrella’d under two types of adhd!!) and in therapy and a smoker for nearly half my life now and approaching a pot of coffee a day and I’m here to say PtF is doing just fine! There are of course best practices we should all strive for, but drinking too much coffee is LITERALLY the best chemical coping mechanism we (us) can hope for, when you consider that most of the other chemical coping mechanisms (not actual meds) are destructive addictions. Also Penny you are an excellent poster all around, happy to know we share and handle similar brain problems!

On that note I have to say that Costco may actually have saved my life...I lost my job and insurance not long after I tithed to the church, and I was in despair. Lo, I looked to the ‘Co and His prophet, GoodRX, and my psychiatric medication rained down as manna. (I take 4 meds multiple times per day, and Costco+GoodRX saves me literally, actually, $500 per month at a minimum; I’m uninsured and could easily be paying $600 rather than the $50 I pay now). I’ve stopped taking meds before because they were too expensive, or my pharmacist was a dick about it, or my brains were just acting up and telling me I was fine; that hasn’t happened ONCE since I joined the church, because even if I stop wanting to take my meds, I never stop wanting to go to Costco.