Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

oh, i get it now

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

it's because he's covered in small horns, you see

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

mercenarynuker posted:

it's because he's covered in small horns, you see

he is also angry. mad, if you will

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Yeah the armor looks super intimidating but really the design is just to keep you from finding comfortable seating, just as soon as you get off work that poo poo hits the mofuggin ground it's an absolute war crime of a company uniform.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Are the spikes on the inside, too? Might explain why the dude's so mad.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

War Gods remake looking... looking like War Gods

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

drat that looks so cool. Let's see what the genius suits came up with for the version they released in theaters...

Wow, Skyrim movie lookin'...horny.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Bogus Adventure posted:

drat that looks so cool. Let's see what the genius suits came up with for the version they released in theaters...

Wow, Skyrim movie lookin'...horny.

I thought Joss Whedon did the other ones

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

poo poo, I was goofing. Hollywood already ate itself, huh?

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Royal Updog posted:

poo poo, I was goofing. Hollywood already ate itself, huh?

Not sure what you're referring to, but Hollywood will never not take the opportunity to jack itself off.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

See: the garbage movie Mank is gonna win Best Picture

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

The Snyder Cut owned

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Bogus Adventure posted:

Not sure what you're referring to, but Hollywood will never not take the opportunity to jack itself off.

Whedon was drafted from Marvel to DC to save their lovely movie. 8 billion people on this earth, but gently caress it, call the Buffy guy

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

*stares at the op for a good 10-15 seconds releasing a high pitched fart with a confused look on my face. Closes the window*

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

why does this transformer have a racing spoiler on his head

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
the superfriends have to defeat their most dangerous foe yet: hostile architecture

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
darkseid:

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
he scraped his hand on a radioactive cheesegrater

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
New Genesis will fear the power of the fractal that walks like a man!!

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
luckily, the justice league was able to put the motherbox where he could never reach: a shelf above eye level

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
okay but where are fire man, ice man, bomb man, elec man, and guts man

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
that guy's hat

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

You think he ever just shows up at Costco like that looking to pick up the last 2-3 things he needs to make dinner and the clerks see him walk in and like "Oh christ. Again?"

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

Cease to Hope posted:

okay but where are fire man, ice man, bomb man, elec man, and guts man

I'm more of a legs man myself

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Royal Updog posted:

Whedon was drafted from Marvel to DC to save their lovely movie. 8 billion people on this earth, but gently caress it, call the Buffy guy

I love that Age of Ultron broke his brain and he felt he could use JL as a way to vindicate himself, lol

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

The story Fisher told about how Whedon would constantly call Diana Natasha is the funniest poo poo

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

It's like Zack saw Marvel's Adam X The X-Treme in the 90s and said "Nuh-Uh, I'll show them how EXTREME a blade guy SHOULD be!"

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Davros1 posted:

It's like Zack saw Marvel's Adam X The X-Treme in the 90s and said "Nuh-Uh, I'll show them how EXTREME a blade guy SHOULD be!"

Looks like Axl Low from Guilty Gear, except less 90s somehow

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

To be fair, Whedon's Steppenwolf looks a bit more like the comic book version (the one with the helmet, not the hood).

But his version is so loving blah compared to even that.

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013
Four hours more like bore hours

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I have no knowledge of the character but why did the movies turn him into a grey thanos man instead of dude with a goatee?

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I have no knowledge of the character but why did the movies turn him into a grey thanos man instead of dude with a goatee?

Probably to make him look more like Darkseid so it's more believable that he's Uxas' uncle.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
They were so sure that this was going to be a franchise that they started with Darkseid's least memorable lieutenant

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Cease to Hope posted:

They were so sure that this was going to be a franchise that they started with Darkseid's least memorable lieutenant

The little characterization scene he gets early on in Snyder's version added a lot I think.

I fully blame Warner Bros for shooting themselves in the foot over this, and also Whedon for being a turd of a human being.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Roth posted:

The little characterization scene he gets early on in Snyder's version added a lot I think.

I fully blame Warner Bros for shooting themselves in the foot over this, and also Whedon for being a turd of a human being.

I don't really want to turn this into SNYDERDOME or really get into the merits of either version of Justice League, I just think it's hilarious that they skipped past Desaad, Kalibak, Glorious Godfrey, Devilance, Granny Goodness and the Female Furies, and that goosestepping Nazi officer (whose name I can never remember) because they were so sure they were going to need more villains for a half-dozen movies. This movie was such a sure hit that they could afford to start with a weak villain, a guy whose original comics appearance is dying in Darkseid's backstory.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Cease to Hope posted:

I don't really want to turn this into SNYDERDOME or really get into the merits of either version of Justice League, I just think it's hilarious that they skipped past Desaad, Kalibak, Glorious Godfrey, Devilance, Granny Goodness and the Female Furies, and that goosestepping Nazi officer (whose name I can never remember) because they were so sure they were going to need more villains for a half-dozen movies. This movie was such a sure hit that they could afford to start with a weak villain, a guy whose original comics appearance is dying in Darkseid's backstory.

Better show Virman Vundabar some got dang respect

Steppenwolf looks like a punk BECAUSE he’s Darkseid shittiest lieutenant, but I know I know, Zack gotta have the Most Movie in his movie. So spike that mother up

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
they should of had Big Barda in it because I'm horny for her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

indigi posted:

they should of had Big Barda in it because I'm horny for her