Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Is there a chance of two more Justice League movies happening, or was that just a prior plan before the Whedon cut bombed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

smoobles posted:

Is there a chance of two more Justice League movies happening, or was that just a prior plan before the Whedon cut bombed?

It was the prior plan before Snyder left, any sequels after that wouldn't have been his.

There is a chance but it's kind of a slim one. Even if the Snyder Cut was a huge runaway success (which it doesn't appear to be, just a modest one) there's now enough drama and controversy that it seems like it would be difficult to actually pull it off. You'd have to get the whole cast back together again and Ray Fisher alone is enough to make some WB shithead intentionally block the project out of spite. It's possible it could still happen but it has a lot going against it.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

It's interesting to me that the Snyder Cut includes sequel hooks for at least 3 movies that won't get made (including Deathstroke). I would've edited around those to make the movie work standalone, but 2021 Zack instead created the exact cut 2016 Zack had in mind with all the sequel bait intact.

I guess the super long shot play was it going viral so they threw everything into it.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

smoobles posted:

Officially it's not happening and Snyder has stated he's done with DC movies and moving on. He originally planned his universe as a 5 movie arc. We'd be talking about Justice League 2 by now if WB didn't get cold feet.

But there are definitely going to be discussions at WB and AT&T regarding the positive reception. Impossible to guage how well streaming numbers are without them divulging it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

smoobles posted:

It's interesting to me that the Snyder Cut includes sequel hooks for at least 3 movies that won't get made (including Deathstroke). I would've edited around those to make the movie work standalone, but 2021 Zack instead created the exact cut 2016 Zack had in mind with all the sequel bait intact.

I guess the super long shot play was it going viral so they threw everything into it.

The cut he made absolutely is not the 2016 cut because the 2016 cut didn't have Jared Leto in it.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

smoobles posted:

A Ryan Choi Atom movie with a primarily Chinese cast was something that Snyder wanted to produce.

Also they had Crispus Allen at GCPD. I know they're doing a GCPD tv show as a spinoff for The Batman on HBO Max. I wonder if they'll have the same actor or recast him.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

A Ryan Choi Atom movie with a primarily Chinese cast was something that Snyder wanted to produce.

Also they had Crispus Allen at GCPD. I know they're doing a GCPD tv show as a spinoff for The Batman on HBO Max. I wonder if they'll have the same actor or recast him.

100% a recast. The Batman doesn't even have the same Batman.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azgwCj-D3bo

2house2fly posted:

Quite likely. Some of his interactions with Superman in Man Of Steel are more interesting if you bear this in mind- as well as the fact that Superman could probably tell
Yeah upon rewatch the final line "I guess I'll just have to trust you" really works if supes knows he's a shapeshifting martian via his x-ray vision

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

was all that wailing whenever Wonder woman comes on the sound of Palestinians Gal Gadot crushed under her heels? that was an awful 4 hours.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
Finished it, very fun and so weird. :love:

Snyder really is the current king when it comes to superpowered violence and fantasy landscapes. I really dig how much of the story is the characters telling each other stories and dealing with dreams and nightmares.

It's not anywhere as tight as Mos or Beavis, but it's still better than most superhero stuff, and it's just wonderful to even be getting this version. God bless Snyder and his bros! Lol gently caress Joss and WB forever, what absolute losers to try and prevent this :mediocre:

One thing that surprised me though, was that the parademons are JUST bugmen from hell. The theatrical made the point that they are defeated/captured people transformed, which is pretty interesting and honestly something that seemed like would come from Snyder. Like our heroes are chopping up their fellow Amazons/Atlanteans/humans as opposed to total aliens.

I mean that's sort of the case anyways but I would have liked it to still be a literal plot point. Minor gripe

Blood Boils fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Mar 21, 2021

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Blood Boils posted:

Finished it, very fun and so weird. :love:

Snyder really is the current king when it comes to superpowered violence and fantasy landscapes. I really dig how much of the story is the characters telling each other stories and dealing with dreams and nightmares.

It's not anywhere as tight as Mos or Beavis, but it's still better than most superhero stuff, and it's just wonderful to even be getting this version. God bless Snyder and his bros! Lol gently caress Joss and WB forever, what absolute losers to try and prevent this :mediocre:

One thing that surprised me though, was that the parademons are JUST bugmen from hell. The theatrical made the point that they are defeated/captured people transformed, which is pretty interesting and honestly something that seemed like would come from Snyder. Like our heroes are chopping up their fellow Amazons/Atlanteans/humans as opposed to total aliens.

I mean that's sort of the case anyways but I would have liked it to still be a literal plot point. Minor grip

That was still in ZSJL. They mention that the people from enslaved world become parademons.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Oh nice! Whereabouts, I must have missed that?

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Blood Boils posted:

Oh nice! Whereabouts, I must have missed that?

I think it was in the long expository Wonder Woman monologue, in which case it would make sense that you missed it since Gal Gadot can barely talk

Mechafunkzilla fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Mar 21, 2021

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

I'll look for that whenever I do a rewatch :cheers: Gadot is fine as WW imo, not familiar with her other roles but she might be ESL?

ughhhh posted:

was all that wailing whenever Wonder woman comes on the sound of Palestinians Gal Gadot crushed under her heels? that was an awful 4 hours.

Obviously she's a bad person irl for supporting apartheid but that doesn't have anything to do with her fictional character in the movie. Pretending to confuse a song with intifada footage because you didn't like a story seems like a weird flex

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Blood Boils posted:

I'll look for that whenever I do a rewatch :cheers: Gadot is fine as WW imo, not familiar with her other roles but she might be ESL?

hmm you think?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JthloGT69Us

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

I forgot that Bruce keeps bringing up Steve Trevor. I remembered when she pushed him but forgot about when he mentioned the photo of her “dead boyfriend”.

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo

The United States posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azgwCj-D3bo

Yeah upon rewatch the final line "I guess I'll just have to trust you" really works if supes knows he's a shapeshifting martian via his x-ray vision

In MoS when Superman breaks his cuffs and approaches the window during his interrogation with Lois, Martian Manhunter is the only one who doesn't flinch or back away.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I can't honestly tell which version is worse. I'm drat near falling asleep.

I have the same feeling I did when I read an Ann Rice novel for the first time. This movie needs an editor to cut out the crap.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Raged posted:

I have the same feeling I did when I read an Ann Rice novel for the first time. This movie needs an editor to cut out the crap.

It’s called Zack Snyder’s Justice League not Raged’s Justice League.

It doesn’t give a poo poo about you.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Raged posted:

Sorry to hear about your low level of excitability. If you read an Ann Rice novel without imagining Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt mud wrestling in a candle-lit gothic mansion, I'm afraid there is just no helping you.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

It's been a long time since I read Interview with the Vampire, but I don't remember it as particularly bloated? Tbf I am mostly imagining the film probably.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

CelticPredator posted:

It’s called Zack Snyder’s Justice League not Raged’s Justice League.

It doesn’t give a poo poo about you.

Thank god. I cause I won't give a poo poo or remember half of the overwrought poorly paced wank that makes up his or any of his DC films tomorrow.

Also lol 4:3 in 2021

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
I liked the part where they all walked up the stairs for no reason.

When my wife saw Darkseid she said “Oh him, he’s the bad father guy right?”

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Crespolini posted:

It's been a long time since I read Interview with the Vampire, but I don't remember it as particularly bloated? Tbf I am mostly imagining the film probably.

Yeah Interview... is pretty lean, but to be fair, there are many other Ann Rice novels that absolutely are bloated. Stupidly, sexily bloated.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Red Rox posted:

No, that's Pa Kent.

I'm in awe of people like Raged who decided that they'd spend four hours watching a film that they were just going to hate anyway. These are also the same people who call Flash a "creep" for saving a woman (???) and think that he uses his powers to be "autistic." (?????)

It's really, really weird.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

No, that's Pa Kent.

I'm in awe of people like Raged who decided that they'd spend four hours watching a film that they were just going to hate anyway. These are also the same people who call Flash a "creep" for saving a woman (???) and think that he uses his powers to be "autistic." (?????)

It's really, really weird.

I fondly remember the poster who complained about never getting those four hours back and later claiming they only watched the movie because their wife dragged them into it, in a country where the movie wasn't available at the time.

The bad faith is strong in some people.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Red Rox posted:

I mentioned before, but Darkseid's favourite son is the one who specifically turned against him and became a hero.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Raged posted:

Thank god. I cause I won't give a poo poo or remember half of the overwrought poorly paced wank that makes up his or any of his DC films tomorrow.

:confused: But you'll be right back bitching about this again and again though?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
We see Steppenwolf with Mother Boxes in BvS, don't we? So, that'd answer the question I've seen about the Mother Boxes being forgotten on Earth - they just have more of them.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Raged posted:

Also lol 4:3 in 2021
I've literally never seen anyone comment, positively or negatively, on the aspect ratio of any other movie I've ever seen in my life. The story of Justice League is a lot more straightforward than BvS, but Snyder still found a way to be transgressive

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Ammanas posted:

so darkseid prepares loads and moves his armada to earth within 8.5 months of the end of JL? seems pretty fast, must be nearby

Earth is roughly Steppenwolf's 50,000th planetary conquest according to the dialogue, so it sounds like Darkseid and most of his people mostly strike poses, secure in the notion that Steppenwolf is not cool enough to hang out with them on Planet Death Metal.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Crespolini posted:

When I was younger I read my mothers books. She had all of Steven King's stuff so I read the usual.

She also loved Anne Rice, and I got my hands on one of the books of the Sleeping Beauty Quartet. That was a uh.....eye opening read.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

FizFashizzle posted:

When I was younger I read my mothers books. She had all of Steven King's stuff so I read the usual.

She also loved Anne Rice, and I got my hands on one of the books of the Sleeping Beauty Quartet. That was a uh.....eye opening read.

Oh, my condolences. Those things are gross.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Why do they make movies in a wider aspect ratio?

Because they can show more information on the sides of the image.

Ok so why would someone make a movie in a taller aspect ratio?

Because they can show more information on the top and bottom of the image.

It's kind of baffling to me how many people can't understand this simple concept.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I saw some review point this out but its weird how people will give flack to Snyder for making a movie in 4:3, but these same people won't raise a fuss when directors of movies like The Lighthouse or First Cow make that same decision.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
I've seen people bring up the lighthouse, usually saying something like 'it had artistic purpose and meant something, Snyder using it just means he is up his own rear end'

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Why do they make movies in a wider aspect ratio?

Because they can show more information on the sides of the image.

Ok so why would someone make a movie in a taller aspect ratio?

Because they can show more information on the top and bottom of the image.

It's kind of baffling to me how many people can't understand this simple concept.

It's wild living through the era of people being like "Why are there black bars on the top and bottom of my screen?" and then 20+ years later seeing people like "why are there black bars on the sides of my screen?"

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Horizon Burning posted:

I've seen people bring up the lighthouse, usually saying something like 'it had artistic purpose and meant something, Snyder using it just means he is up his own rear end'

They will never specify what artistic purpose it served though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Gorn Myson posted:

They will never specify what artistic purpose it served though.

Just, y'know... *waves one hand in the air* Just general artistry.