Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rakekniven
Jun 4, 2000
Forum Veteran
If you're in Massachusetts and already enrolled in the VA, any age group can get vaccinated at Bedford. https://www.bedford.va.gov/services/covid-19-vaccines.asp

Unfortunately, if you're like me and didn't enroll in VA Health Care when you first got out or have any service related disability you likely can't enroll now.

There's a bill that's passed the house but now needs to clear the Senate (and lol at that happening) that would extend VA Covid vaccine delivery to any Vet regardless of current VA Health enrollment status. https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/1276

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
Finally managed to get an appointment for my husband. Unfortunately it seems that a number of the vaccination sites run by the counties aren't showing up on the arc-gis map that the state of PA put out. I had to google the county clinic and schedule it that way.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Wisconsin residents eligible on the 29th are now eligible on the 22nd, though as far as I can tell you still can't make an appointment until then.

Rakekniven
Jun 4, 2000
Forum Veteran
Update: H.R. 1276 passed the Senate today. They amended it to include eligibility for spouses of veterans, so it got kicked back to the House for them to also approve that amendment.

Vet's currently enrolled in the VA remain the priority (makes sense) but all vets would now be eligible for the vaccine via the VA regardless of VA health care priority level. Spouse priority and availability would be determined later.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Rakekniven posted:

Update: H.R. 1276 passed the Senate today. They amended it to include eligibility for spouses of veterans, so it got kicked back to the House for them to also approve that amendment.

Vet's currently enrolled in the VA remain the priority (makes sense) but all vets would now be eligible for the vaccine via the VA regardless of VA health care priority level. Spouse priority and availability would be determined later.

I missed your first post on it and this is the first I've heard of it. That rules!

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

From the website linked below
"At this time, Madigan now has vaccine on-hand and is currently vaccinating all patients 40 years of age or older, patients 16 years of age or older with underlying medical conditions considered high-risk based on CDC guidance, all teachers, and healthcare workers who are beneficiaries qualify for and are currently eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine at the American Lake Conference Center on Lewis North."

This is in Washington state.

https://madigan.tricare.mil/Health-Services/Preventive-Care/COVID-19-Vaccine

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Lebanon (PA) VA has a sign-up page to get more information as it released. Put my info into the system.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Maybe it’s stupid to be bothered by this but reading the DC VA page about vaccines has this:

“Our goal is to offer a COVID-19 vaccine to all Veterans who want one. Legislation is currently going through Congress that if passed, would allow us to offer vaccines to all Veterans, and possibly their caregivers and spouses.”

Congress passing legislation doesn’t make more vaccines appear out of thin air. Either you have them to offer or you don’t, and it shouldn’t take an act of congress to open up vaccines to people.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

boop the snoot posted:

Maybe it’s stupid to be bothered by this but reading the DC VA page about vaccines has this:

“Our goal is to offer a COVID-19 vaccine to all Veterans who want one. Legislation is currently going through Congress that if passed, would allow us to offer vaccines to all Veterans, and possibly their caregivers and spouses.”

Congress passing legislation doesn’t make more vaccines appear out of thin air. Either you have them to offer or you don’t, and it shouldn’t take an act of congress to open up vaccines to people.

I personally don't think that its worth getting spun up over, but that's just me.

I only think this is encouraging because I was timelining like the end of July or whatever, and this would probably make it a little sooner.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I wouldn’t sweat vaccine supply especially with J&J being used as well, now. We’re actually in fantastic shape for vaccine numbers despite early gently caress ups. The congressional bills are set up so the VA can start vaccinating extra people. Many VAs are already vaccinating every veteran that wants to get one. States aren’t as far along. The VA is actually in a unique position to really get poo poo done, and I hope they’re able to asap.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I’m well aware of the supply. The issue is waiting on bureaucracy for it to be available.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Oh, yeah, i get that. Congress’ glacial pace is maddening.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I just got my first Moderna dose at the Seattle VA, they have a really quick and efficient process going.

Honestly I've been pretty pleased with all my interactions with the VA but maybe that's location specific.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Mustang posted:

I just got my first Moderna dose at the Seattle VA, they have a really quick and efficient process going.

Honestly I've been pretty pleased with all my interactions with the VA but maybe that's location specific.

My dad speaks very highly of the Nashville VA in general to the point where he doesn't want to move even given Nashville's spike in cost of living. I'm biased by my negative military medical experiences and going to the Norfolk VA with my grandad for meds a few times in my teens, but I don't doubt him necessarily.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Madison/Milwaukee VA hospitals have been like 95% great for me.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

boop the snoot posted:

If you're still in the VA side of DMV, everywhere is 1B now. I found my wife an appointment out near Dulles in a few days.

I was basically punching in zips for Alexandria, Centerville, and Fredericksburg on Harris &Teeter, CVS, Giant, etc. every 30 minutes for most of yesterday.

Rakekniven
Jun 4, 2000
Forum Veteran

boop the snoot posted:

Right or wrong, the VA legally cannot provide services to anyone not enrolled in VA healthcare (and fitting certain priority levels, which changes occasionally based on federal regulations). It does need congressional action before they're allowed to give shots to other vets or spouses. Depending on the state, some VA's have supply to start taking this on, others are supply limited.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Rakekniven posted:

Right or wrong, the VA legally cannot provide services to anyone not enrolled in VA healthcare (and fitting certain priority levels, which changes occasionally based on federal regulations). It does need congressional action before they're allowed to give shots to other vets or spouses. Depending on the state, some VA's have supply to start taking this on, others are supply limited.

I wasn’t asking for an explanation.

I work very close to the source of supply data (as in I’m on a team that analyzes and produces that very data).

There is enough.

I’m waiting on red tape, like I said in two posts.

Thanks though.

E: is this mansplaining? As in explaining something I didn’t ask for an explanation of?

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Mar 21, 2021

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

ElMaligno posted:

From the website linked below
"At this time, Madigan now has vaccine on-hand and is currently vaccinating all patients 40 years of age or older, patients 16 years of age or older with underlying medical conditions considered high-risk based on CDC guidance, all teachers, and healthcare workers who are beneficiaries qualify for and are currently eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine at the American Lake Conference Center on Lewis North."

This is in Washington state.

https://madigan.tricare.mil/Health-Services/Preventive-Care/COVID-19-Vaccine

Quoting myself to state my wife was able to get an appointment

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

boop the snoot posted:

I wasn’t asking for an explanation.

I work very close to the source of supply data (as in I’m on a team that analyzes and produces that very data).

There is enough.

I’m waiting on red tape, like I said in two posts.

Thanks though.

E: is this mansplaining? As in explaining something I didn’t ask for an explanation of?

No this isn't mansplaining, it's a counter argument to your statement that it shouldn't take an act of congress to open up the vaccines to people. With an explanation to why your reasoning is wrong.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Sarah posted:

No this isn't mansplaining, it's a counter argument to your statement that it shouldn't take an act of congress to open up the vaccines to people. With an explanation to why your reasoning is wrong.

What

I don’t think you fundamentally understand or you didn’t read everything.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Not in this thread, please.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The bill passed both houses of congress via unanimous consent and will head to Biden for signature.

The bill expands vaccination to "all veterans" but I'm not sure how expansive that phrase is. I know a few people with entry level seps. Technically veterans not otherwise eligible for VA care. I'm assuming it covers people with punitive discharges, as well. Does anyone know for sure?

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

The bill passed both houses of congress via unanimous consent and will head to Biden for signature.

The bill expands vaccination to "all veterans" but I'm not sure how expansive that phrase is. I know a few people with entry level seps. Technically veterans not otherwise eligible for VA care. I'm assuming it covers people with punitive discharges, as well. Does anyone know for sure?

I did some digging through the HR 1276 full-text which refers to the term veteran as defined by Title 38 of the US Code.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/1276/text

Title 38, Part I, Chapter 1, Section 101 posted:

(2)The term “veteran” means a person who served in the active military, naval, or air service, and who was discharged or released therefrom under conditions other than dishonorable.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/38/101

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Gotcha. All veterans except those with DDs. This would seem to include ELS, BCD, and general OTH.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

4 counties in chud country, NC are opening up vaccines to everyone. Their stupidity is your opportunity!

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/coronavirus/article250122314.html

brains
May 12, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

any ideas on how this is going to work for those not already enrolled/spouses? got people asking about this and i can't seem to find any hard details about the appointment process

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

brains posted:

any ideas on how this is going to work for those not already enrolled/spouses? got people asking about this and i can't seem to find any hard details about the appointment process

It seems like my local VA (Lebanon, PA) is prepping for an inundation of registrants and already has a sign-up list with a short survey about your likelihood of obtaining a vaccine if offered. Once completed, I received a confirmation email with a note that contact would be made when available. I would visit your local VA website, I would wager there is something similar.

e: As a general note, if you do not know where your local VA location is, link below. They typically have one regional clinic with several outpatient clinics per region.

https://www.va.gov/find-locations/

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

The AJC is reporting that Kemp will have a press conference at 4:15 today where he's expected to open up GA's vaccines to everyone starting early April.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Space Opera posted:

The AJC is reporting that Kemp will have a press conference at 4:15 today where he's expected to open up GA's vaccines to everyone starting early April.

In 6 days Texas will be open for all adults. Either they have lots of doses about to arrive or it will be a shitstorm for a few weeks here.

Bonus(edit) option: I will be able to walk in, anywhere, to get my vaccine because a large percentage of Texans will just not get the shot...

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

ASAPI posted:

In 6 days Texas will be open for all adults. Either they have lots of doses about to arrive or it will be a shitstorm for a few weeks here.

Bonus(edit) option: I will be able to walk in, anywhere, to get my vaccine because a large percentage of Texans will just not get the shot...

We're apparently open to all adults over 16 starting Thursday, so I'm expecting a bit of a shitshow around Atlanta and its suburbs. I'm expecting a lot of people in my area to not get shots because "it's just a flu" or "well everyone else will get it so I don't need to" or some combination thereof. How we avoided a worse outbreak here, I'll never know, because people sure as poo poo weren't wearing masks or isolating.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
Ohio - Monday, March 29th vaccine will be open to 16 years old and up (16 & 17 years old must schedule Pfizer). My source tells me the state is getting 500k + vaccines so that's why the flood gates are being opened. https://gettheshot.coronavirus.ohio.gov/

Rakekniven
Jun 4, 2000
Forum Veteran
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/legislation/2021/03/24/bill-signing-h-r-1276/

Biden signed it today. In Massachusetts the VA is giving shots to all VA eligible Vets of any age, they're now trying to figure out the roll out for non VA eligible Vets and spouses.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Good poo poo.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
If I get any info on this at work tomorrow or Friday I'll let you guys know ASAP & in Discord.

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code
Got my first shot of the Soros Approved Bill Gates Microchip Vaccine (Moderna) today and the change is upon me. But the path is more glorious than we imagined. It does not stop at a mere single mutation... the form I've been promised is more beautiful than even that... They tell me I will float through the air and strike at the foes of our biomass with my mind... with our mind... my cup runneth over...

Seriously though, no side effects yet. Maybe tomorrow. Got it at the Topeka KS VA, I think they are starting to open up to all vets.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I’m in Virginia and was just able to schedule a Moderna vax at CVS for Friday.

If you’re a weirdo like me who is up at all weird hours, check the CVS site to see if you can get scheduled for one. It said my city was fully booked but let me set up for Friday.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
My VA is moving forward with the SAVE LIVES Act and scheduling for all veterans that are not currently enrolled. Vaccination appointments are starting Saturday for us!

Looks like what you will need to schedule a vaccine with any VA is your DD-214, a photo ID, and to fill out a 10-10EZ https://www.va.gov/vaforms/medical/pdf/10-10EZ-fillable.pdf

For your spouse, they will need to bring their photo ID, plus DoD Family Member ID OR copy of marriage certificate.

This can be done online at https://www.va.gov/health-care/apply/application/introduction - there's a note here that says online registration may be delayed to to verification of service.

:siren: check with YOUR VA on how they are doing this :siren: mine has walk-in hours to turn in paperwork / verify then be scheduled for vaccination. This may or may not be the case for your VA. Hopefully everyone starts moving forward with this quicker than how the VA normally operates. :(

Tiny
Oct 26, 2003
My leg hurts....
CVS in Virginia is basically a crapshoot at this point... They're saying that they only stick 65+ folks, but I've been told that if you hang out and ask for a slot between 5pm and 6pm, they'll put whatever came out of the freezer that day into arms rather than throwing it away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Tiny posted:

CVS in Virginia is basically a crapshoot at this point... They're saying that they only stick 65+ folks, but I've been told that if you hang out and ask for a slot between 5pm and 6pm, they'll put whatever came out of the freezer that day into arms rather than throwing it away.

I signed up for cvs just a few days ago. I had to do it at 2am though.

Trust me: cvs will not verify anything you tell them. I’m in a high risk group (asthma) but they will not require me to prove that.