Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cruft

Happy Ruby update:

She's put on 0.8 pounds since the last vet visit. That's 10% of her body weight she's added. At this rate, after one year she will weigh 39 pounds, almost 5 times her original weight.

Just think about this for a second from a dog's perspective: eating so much yummy food that you gain enough weight to turn into a wolf.

Her kidney numbers are way up, which apparently means "ha ha oops, looks like she'll be around for 10+ years, but she's gonna have kidney problems later in life from the damage of this infection". That's a lot longer than the 3-10 months we were told before. Better to prepare for the worst and be pleasantly surprised, I guess.

cruft fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Mar 20, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RickRogers

Woh, is that a thing I like??
Great and powerful dogs going on here.

RickRogers

3 fluffy pigs in their outside run having no idea what to do now that the big man-tjing has taken their hiding log away.

Good news though; seems that the roots of both of Lee's incisor teeth survived her face plant and they are slowly growing back :buddy:

E. And yes they squealed a little in surprise

xcheopis

prepuce repurposed posted:

Bosco ain't got no clothes no mo

Does Bosco like his little jackets and vests? He looked all dapper and such.

cruft posted:

Happy Ruby update:

She's put on 0.8 pounds since the last vet visit. That's 10% of her body weight she's added. At this rate, after one year she will weigh 39 pounds, almost 5 times her original weight.

Just think about this for a second from a dog's perspective: eating so much yummy food that you gain enough weight to turn into a wolf.

Her kidney numbers are way up, which apparently means "ha ha oops, looks like she'll be around for 10+ years, but she's gonna have kidney problems later in life from the damage of this infection". That's a lot longer than the 3-10 months we were told before. Better to prepare for the worst and be pleasantly surprised, I guess.

Go Ruby! Ruby eat the foods!

RickRogers posted:

3 fluffy pigs in their outside run having no idea what to do now that the big man-tjing has taken their hiding log away.

Good news though; seems that the roots of both of Lee's incisor teeth survived her face plant and they are slowly growing back :buddy:

That is excellent news! Feel better soon, Lee!

With a gun for a lover and a shot for the pain inside

cruft

RickRogers posted:

This thread needs more guinea pig photos.

xcheopis

cruft posted:

This thread needs more guinea pig photos.

xcheopis

Turns out one of my coworkers is friends with someone who works at a local shelter and so tomorrow they are getting two cases of Trader Joe's cat tuna, some cans of prescription renal cat food and two small bags of renal cat kibble. Also, most of a gallon of chlorhexidine. This worked out well because I'd been thinking of donating to them but it's a bit of a trek with a heavy shopping cart. And I always feel a bit better about life when I am able to help with something. :shobon:

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
Those piggies are so handsome. The outside run is a cool idea too.

ChubbyChecker

RickRogers posted:

aww

biosterous

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

ChubbyChecker

blep

xcheopis

Silly girl

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

She's sunning. Don't bother her.

When I went down to get her, I said "come on Goose! Let's get treats!" And she raised her head like "how absolute DARE you not being an assortment of treats to my tanning bed, you absolute poo poo mam, you crap hound of snack delivery!" So I went back up and got a bag of jerky and that was good enough to get her to go in and eat breakfast and drink water. Because she did this first thing in the morning.

It was an hour long saga.

xcheopis

Teddy Thunders posted:

She's sunning. Don't bother her.

When I went down to get her, I said "come on Goose! Let's get treats!" And she raised her head like "how absolute DARE you not being an assortment of treats to my tanning bed, you absolute poo poo mam, you crap hound of snack delivery!" So I went back up and got a bag of jerky and that was good enough to get her to go in and eat breakfast and drink water. Because she did this first thing in the morning.

It was an hour long saga.

On the other hand, being food motivated makes it easier to trick them into their carrier or into the car, etc. and suddenly they're at the vet wondering what happened.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

xcheopis posted:

On the other hand, being food motivated makes it easier to trick them into their carrier or into the car, etc. and suddenly they're at the vet wondering what happened.

Goose actually LIKES the vet. She thinks going to see Dr. Bruce is the best treat, even if it means riding in a car.

xcheopis

Teddy Thunders posted:

Goose actually LIKES the vet. She thinks going to see Dr. Bruce is the best treat, even if it means riding in a car.

Goose is a goober

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

xcheopis posted:

Goose is a goober

She is so good and pure and I love her very much

xcheopis

Teddy Thunders posted:

She is so good and pure and I love her very much
:hai:
My sweet little Tanuki was the same. A goober but also the personification of affection.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

xcheopis posted:

:hai:
My sweet little Tanuki was the same. A goober but also the personification of affection.

I really want another dog because I'm missing my boys when I'm home alone. I only get to see Goose and Darcy when at bf's unless he brings them to my house and I miss having a cold nose wake me up when I'm not there.

Goose will get up on the bed with me and then push on me as hard as she can to make me get up when she wants to go on midnight yard adventures.

xcheopis

Teddy Thunders posted:

I really want another dog because I'm missing my boys when I'm home alone. I only get to see Goose and Darcy when at bf's unless he brings them to my house and I miss having a cold nose wake me up when I'm not there.

Goose will get up on the bed with me and then push on me as hard as she can to make me get up when she wants to go on midnight yard adventures.

"Wake up and play with me!"

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

xcheopis posted:

"Wake up and play with me!"

Exactly, lol. Lately it's "GET UP GET UP GET UP I NEED MORE FOOD" and it turns out she's got 3/4ths of a bowl but doesn't want THAT, she wants chicken. At 3am.

Bismack Billabongo

Wet

Ass-penny

Wanna give a shout out to Goose and Ruby and the piggies and any other beautiful animals I may have missed.

Good catte.

xcheopis

An old picture from when I had found a safe place for Tanuki and Smudge. Everything was terrible except for those two and Tanuki going on to bond with a giant tree still delights me.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

2014 was the worst year for a lot of us but I'm glad that you had Tanuki and Smudge.

xcheopis

Teddy Thunders posted:

2014 was the worst year for a lot of us but I'm glad that you had Tanuki and Smudge.

I need to find good pictures of Smudge to post.

biosterous

lap kitty status: active!!!

gallery of sigs

he/him

cruft

I just sanded the inside of Ruby's collar because it was matting her fur by being so rough. Did you know you can sand leather? I did not.

Bonus image: thermal imaging of a dog belly.

biosterous

^^ warm! i wonder how that'd look with a cat

https://streamable.com/ro0vhu

gallery of sigs

he/him

cruft

My daughter just discovered that Ruby has nine (9) nipples.

Pretty hosed up if you ask me.

cruft

cruft posted:

I wonder what kind of ads I'm going to get after reading up about dogs with 9 nipples.

RickRogers

cruft posted:

:kstare:

Being ignored and talked about by my pigs

xcheopis

cruft posted:

She is a special girl all around. :)

xcheopis

RickRogers posted:

Gossip Guineas

cruft

RickRogers posted:

Wow, rude rodents.

RickRogers

Not gonna post a pic of this, but I just discovered what a guinea pig nipples look like and where they are.

:stare:

cruft

RickRogers posted:

Not gonna post a pic of this, but I just discovered what a guinea pig nipples look like and where they are.

:stare:

Wise move. The only nipples BYOB should feature are snail nipples.

Ass-penny

Post the nips imo

RickRogers

Not sure if I want to nip shame my pigs.

E. Ok, though I am going to have to do some weird and stuff to get a picture of a guinea pigs nipples

Ee. For science

RickRogers fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Apr 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcheopis

RickRogers posted:

Not sure if I want to nip shame my pigs.

E. Ok, though I am going to have to do some weird and stuff to get a picture of a guinea pigs nipples

Ee. For science