Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

xbilkis posted:

I have no ill will towards the University of Texas but horns down is the absolute best taunt

counterpoint: gently caress 'em and their old racist boosters and "The Eyes of Texas"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

xbilkis posted:

I have no ill will towards the University of Texas but horns down is the absolute best taunt

It honestly would be by itself but the fact that a lot of them react the same way Joe Buck did to the Randy Moss moon celebration makes it incredible

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
loving finally I picked an upset right in UCLA.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

can't take the Rick Barnes out of Texas

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

xbilkis posted:

I had no idea horns down was a thing until I started dating a girl from Oklahoma. Thought it was kind of dumb at first until I realized how mad it made Texas fans.

At some point Louisville started doing an Ls up gesture, which made Kentucky fans, and players, immediately start doing the Ls down. Still kind of dumb, still love how mad it makes them.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Horns down would be a dumb gesture if Longhorn fans would stop taking it seriously. But since it enrages them to a hilarious extent, it will always be a top tier insult in collegiate sports.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Texas Longhorn fans are some of the easiest people to enrage on the face of the earth.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
That happened after I fell asleep but lol

MourningView fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Mar 21, 2021

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Crazy Ted posted:

Texas Longhorn fans are some of the easiest people to enrage on the face of the earth.

Yep

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

The Eyes of [Abilene,] Texas are upon you

Horns

Down

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Go Illini please don't blow it like the rest of the Big Ten

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
death to conference solidarity and death to the vile disgusting illini

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

MourningView posted:

death to conference solidarity and death to the vile disgusting illini

I appreciate this viewpoint so much, gently caress conference solidarity

Got a good Chicago/downstate clash going on here too

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Kofi you have 30 lbs on this white slob, c'mon

Illini playing way too fancy, I was worried about a ton of turnovers and it's happening

Like many other people I graduated from both these schools but going with the illini hard here

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Mar 21, 2021

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
WHAT DID I JUST SAY

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Krutwig was one of the like five best defensive players in the country this year but it is also undeniably very funny to watch him completely discombobulate Kofi

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Krutwig's got the Greg Ostertag flail move to try to draw the foul down.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

MourningView posted:

Krutwig was one of the like five best defensive players in the country this year but it is also undeniably very funny to watch him completely discombobulate Kofi

It's funny how much obviously better krutwig is than say, dickinson or garza

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Krutwig's got the Greg Ostertag flail move to try to draw the foul down.

Blessed Be the Tournament Oaf

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

mastershakeman posted:

It's funny how much obviously better krutwig is than say, dickinson or garza

At defense? Sure. Garza had 21 and 12 in their last game against Illinois he was fine.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

MourningView posted:

At defense? Sure. Garza had 21 and 12 in their last game against Illinois he was fine.

Yeah garza didn't make a single defensive play and dickinson didn't make a single offensive one , kurtwig is doing both

I know this because I watched about 15 minutes of the iowa games and 20 of michigan

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

shirts and skins posted:

Got a good Chicago/downstate clash going on here too

I live in the city but am still rooting for UIUC because I spent 2 years there before transferring to a school that had exactly one sports team: D3 Hockey.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Lmao Curbelo is loving terrible

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I'm going insane

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer

mastershakeman posted:

I'm going insane

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

mastershakeman posted:

Yeah garza didn't make a single defensive play and dickinson didn't make a single offensive one , kurtwig is doing both

I know this because I watched about 15 minutes of the iowa games and 20 of michigan

Garza had 3 steals and a block in that game somehow but yeah Kofi went right through him the whole first half.
But Iowa mostly lost because they shot like 30% worse than their season average from three (for the second game in a row so I think the big football stadium just hosed them up) and Curbelo completely owned our slow rear end guards.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I like both teams, but I turned it on and am rooting for Loyola, sorry Illini if you wanted my allegiance you shouldn't keep trying to take the DANG HAT

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Loyola fans will be mocking Illinois for ages if Loyola wins this.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Bird in a Blender posted:

Loyola fans will be mocking Illinois for ages if Loyola wins this.

:sickos:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Refs swallowing their whistles I guess

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Porter Moser coached under Rick Majerus at SLU, plus Loyola fans have always been chill at the MVC tournament unlike a certain other Jesuit school, so I have to go for them

Also, https://twitter.com/sbn_ricky/status/1373674687817990145?s=21

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I would feel bad for Illinois if they weren't Illinois Loyola is one of the more egregious under seedings in awhile. They should have been at least like a 5.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

illini are Shook

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
On the plus side, my pessimism about the Big Ten in my bracket picks is paying out in spades.

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
This is loving terrible, god drat

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
My grandpa who lives in champaign and farms (well, his kid does now) the airport field for the university is on his deathbed and if this game kills him before family can arrive to see him this afternoon I'm gonna blame the jesuits

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
This is where Kofi literally ever trying to pass would be helpful. 5 assists on the whole season and never more than 1 in a game so they can double or even triple him from the corners without worrying about an open 3 or someone cutting for an easy layup.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

MV is Ayo a legit NBA prospect?

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

I’m extremely here for Sister Jean to ruin everyone’s bracket

Who am I kidding Abilene did that last night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
I don't really follow college basketball outside of the tournament, but I went to undergrad at UIUC and grad school at Loyola so I guess I'm covered either way?