Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Super Jay Mann posted:

Life Skills at 5 seems slightly generous.

She held down a job and lived on her own for years while maintaining her cover. That requires a certain amount of general life skills, even if Yor's domestic skills have more enthusiasm than effectiveness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Yor is very good at cleaning.

Also she's very good at "cleaning"

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

She held down a job and lived on her own for years while maintaining her cover. That requires a certain amount of general life skills, even if Yor's domestic skills have more enthusiasm than effectiveness.

You just made me realize that unless she lived her whole live on takeaways and restaurants, Yor had to be able to eat, survive and tolerate her own cooking.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Lt. Lizard posted:

You just made me realize that unless she lived her whole live on takeaways and restaurants, Yor had to be able to eat, survive and tolerate her own cooking.

Where do you think that inhuman poison tolerance came from?

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Yeah, I just remembered that we were explicitly shown that she cooked for herself and Yuri when they were kids. Ooof.

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alacron posted:

Yor is very good at cleaning.

Also she's very good at "cleaning"

Was it ever shown whether Yor cleans up the aftermath of her side jobs, or if she has a support team that does the clean-up for her?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Catpetter1981 posted:

Was it ever shown whether Yor cleans up the aftermath of her side jobs, or if she has a support team that does the clean-up for her?

I'd assume her side job has the usual assortment of janitors and the like to clean up the offices at night :v:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Lt. Lizard posted:

So she kills yet cannot be killed, got it.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Where is this from? Is it one of the extras they put in the collected volumes?

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Apparently you need to be at least lvl2 te get sunglasses.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

AnonSpore posted:

Where is this from? Is it one of the extras they put in the collected volumes?

Yep, volume four to be precise.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Mangaplus
Holy gently caress we're finally get a Yor arc. Also Rip Franky and his love life, at least he's good at his other job

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
That cat saw all 9 lives flash in front of his eyes

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yor Briar: the Thorn Princess in the organization GARDEN. I...I'll allow it. Anyway wonder who her client will be: Twilight? Franky (he sure was yelling some suspicious stuff today), Donovan Desmond for some reason? The cat!?? Every possibility and the ones my poor imagination couldn't think of should rule.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

The headmaster found out about her identity, but all he's concerned about is that her assasinations are elegant enough to meet his standards

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

a kitten posted:

Yor Briar: the Thorn Princess in the organization GARDEN. I...I'll allow it. Anyway wonder who her client will be: Twilight? Franky (he sure was yelling some suspicious stuff today), Donovan Desmond for some reason? The cat!?? Every possibility and the ones my poor imagination couldn't think of should rule.

God drat it

She's covered up by the speech bubble, but that's her, isn't it?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Electric Phantasm posted:

God drat it

She's covered up by the speech bubble, but that's her, isn't it?

Can't quite say absolutely, but yeah absolutely

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Speculation based on this chapter: Yor and Lloyd will be commissioned to kill each other, Anya will figure it out and try to avert the situation without letting them figure it out. Anya fails, Yor and Lloyd will fight and Yor figures out who Lloyd is first which leaves her open and Lloyd accidentally kills her. Yor’s brother shows up just then when Lloyd figures out what happened, and Anya shows up to see Yor’s brother kill Lloyd. Time skip happens to teenage Anya working with Desmond and Becky to destroy both governments.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

That would be ballsy to say the least

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

That would be quite the genre shift. Would also kinda invalidate the title of the manga.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Yor arc! I really wanted to see more of her

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Oh no, Yor is going to get orders to kill Franky.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

If Yor takes on non-assasination missions as well, my guess is that she's supposed to kidnap that cat. Franky mobilized so many of his sources that it must be important, right? Probably carrying intel in its collar or something.

Syritta
Jun 28, 2012
So like, the mayor's (?) secretary (?) who tells Yor she has a call is part of the shadow government? Seems kind of low level?

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Yeees we are finally getting focus on Yor. I'm all here for it.

Also RIP Frankie. At least you saved helped to save a cat.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
drat, Frankie, at least it wasn’t a printer.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I think it's most likely the target will be someone we don't know about, because that feels like it'd be too much of an escalation to force that conflict right now, but who knows.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Yeah I could see this playing out with Yor being assigned to kill someone that Lloyd is assigned to protect from assassination so we could get those kind of hijinks

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Also something that crossed my mind. I get people having special contacts at their workplace, but the way her chief phrased it makes me think maybe he's in on the whole shadow government. Otherwise I can't see a benefit to calling her at her job when previously we saw they call her at her home since there's a risk of people asking questions. Although it's a good thing they didn't call her at home because Twilight would have the phones tapped as a precaution.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Fangz posted:

I think it's most likely the target will be someone we don't know about, because that feels like it'd be too much of an escalation to force that conflict right now, but who knows.

I don't see the point of framing the subject of the job as a cliffhanger if it's not someone we know. Why not just give the name at that point, since it'll mean nothing to the audience either way? It only has drama if it's someone we know.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
It's a cliffhanger only because we strongly suspect this new mission of hers will bring her into opposition to the protagonist somehow.

It probably won't be "GO KILL LLOYD, YOUR FAKE HUSBAND, WHO IS A SPY" but it'll almost certainly be the first real step on the road to the fireworks factory.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
My speculation only exists because Chainsawman has taught me to fear for the worst for every character I care about.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Mirage posted:

It's a cliffhanger only because we strongly suspect this new mission of hers will bring her into opposition to the protagonist somehow.

It probably won't be "GO KILL LLOYD, YOUR FAKE HUSBAND, WHO IS A SPY" but it'll almost certainly be the first real step on the road to the fireworks factory.

It doesn't need to be "kill your fake husband" to have drama. It can't reasonably be either, since while I'm pretty sure Yor knows that a figure known as Twilight exists, I don't believe we've ever been given any indication anyone knows his identity or has even gotten a hint of it for her to target him. The powers that be definitely want to target him, but they can't without an identity. They can target Franky though, who spent this chapter calling in favours that would have created a lot of local noise. Or even just the cat, which would be dramatic for Yor herself, even if not for anyone else in the cast.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'm gonna die if it turns out to be the cat

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

PringleCreamEgg posted:

My speculation only exists because Chainsawman has taught me to fear for the worst for every character I care about.

Look, just because both series have the same editor is no reason to be worried. I mean, sure, Endo was Fujimoto's assistant on Fire Punch, and yes, both series do have a cold war setting, and Chainsaw Man didn't kill any major characters until about a quarter of the way in, but, really. What are the odds of something bad happening around a professional assassin?

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
Chainsaw x Family

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Buzzsaw Roomba posted:

Chainsaw x Family

Oh did Part 2 start already?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Alacron posted:

Oh did Part 2 start already?

Just the second popularity poll.

You can vote for any character, as long as it's Makima.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Speculation based on this chapter: Yor and Lloyd will be commissioned to kill each other, Anya will figure it out and try to avert the situation without letting them figure it out. Anya fails, Yor and Lloyd will fight and Yor figures out who Lloyd is first which leaves her open and Lloyd accidentally kills her. Yor’s brother shows up just then when Lloyd figures out what happened, and Anya shows up to see Yor’s brother kill Lloyd. Time skip happens to teenage Anya working with Desmond and Becky to destroy both governments.

this isn't loving 20th Century Boys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
In a post-apocalyptic future ruled by God-Queen Anya, there is only one last hope.

Spy Ex-Family: DAYBREAK