Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:

Morand posted:

So it's been about a month or so. Would anyone like to try to do a Roll20 Tournament again?

We can do Future Foundation Sealed if everyone likes that or something else I don't care.

If we can get more then Me, Andy, Torrent, and Maniac I could maybe toss in a prize for shits.

Rather then be coy I'll just say it'll be a chase Valeria for first place and a puppet master for second/fellowship (I haven't bought much and that the best of my boosters)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I really wish I had time to play, but everything currently sucks RL right now.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

I'm down.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Oh and if we do a tournament we're gonna use the new rules TO A POINT.

Basically if something in the new rules breaks the game we'll ignore it and use old rules. We'll use the new PAC in it's entirety, except if everyone wants we'll change pulse and quake to be 2+ instead of 1+, makes no difference to me.

edit: For example you can't act with 2 tokens cause that wasn't the intent, 1 per 100 for actions max of 10, others I may be missing.

Morand fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Mar 18, 2021

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I do not need a Valeria but I still like playing :)

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Anyone else interested? Hoping to get more then the usuals. It’s fun, it’s free, you might win something. Find me a better offer anywhere else on the internet!

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Seriously, it IS fun, and this is coming from a guy who quit (except, now, for this) after The Mighty Thor came out!

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Well I have confirmation from the three usuals to have some games.

Anyone else want in? If we get new players I’ll toss in prizes! It’s fun and no stress!

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Morand posted:

Well I have confirmation from the three usuals to have some games.

Anyone else want in? If we get new players I’ll toss in prizes! It’s fun and no stress!

Oh well guess it's just us.

Since we're doing the new rules this go round let's keep it simple.

300 points.

Andy, Torrent, and Maniac, give me some builds!

Also do we want to change quake/PW to read 2+ or leave as written?

Edit:

I am lazy and they were all previewed so I'm going to do the new Secret Six!

King Shazam - 50
Scarab - 50
Sky Tyrant - 50
Deathbringer - 50
The Commissioner - 25
Supergirl - 75

Morand fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Mar 23, 2021

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Morand posted:

Oh well guess it's just us.

Since we're doing the new rules this go round let's keep it simple.

300 points.

Andy, Torrent, and Maniac, give me some builds!

Also do we want to change quake/PW to read 2+ or leave as written?

Edit:

I am lazy and they were all previewed so I'm going to do the new Secret Six!

King Shazam - 50
Scarab - 50
Sky Tyrant - 50
Deathbringer - 50
The Commissioner - 25
Supergirl - 75

I'd change them to 2+. The printed wording has to be an error.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Ares - 125
Steve Trevor - 40
Nubia - 40
HERBIE - 30
3x Allied Soldier - 60

TOTAL 295

It's a bit dicky but it's a concept I've been playing with and trying to get right and I want to give it another go, and also Morand picked the goddamn Secret Six.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

I decided on something uncharacteristically A) not-wacky AND B) using only recent pieces.
pre:
DCFF#006	Silver Surfer	120
FFFF#005	Uatu		30
WW80#070	The Flash	50
WW80#071	Guy Gardner	50
WW80#074	Wonder Woman	50
------------------------------------
			Total:	300
			Theme: Herald

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Rotation and Silver Age Announcement.

https://wizkids.com/heroclix/2021/03/23/silver-age-and-2021-rotation/?fbclid=IwAR3ruyAj_4GnUBGqsix0Pa28KfwT1G9UTamppXU_Ld-dM3OxFy45w7U5QOU

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007
We are never going to get that past rules update they promised forever ago. The cut-off for this "silver age" gives a perfect excuse. Why update old things like multi-attack, capture, et., if they aren't part of any official format?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

WizKids wants to hear any questions you may have about the new rules and you can email them to gamefeedback@wizkids.com.

May I suggest, as starters:
A) What the gently caress
B) There are typos in this, you typo-nerfed two powers, what's wrong with you
C) Did anyone playtest these at all or did you just bust this out over a quick weekend and assume it'd be fine

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007

CapnAndy posted:

WizKids wants to hear any questions you may have about the new rules and you can email them to gamefeedback@wizkids.com.

C) Did anyone playtest these at all or did you just bust this out over a quick weekend and assume it'd be fine

Make sure to include "Questions for Kennie" in the subject line. Apparently these questions are meant for a Q&A on Twitch on the 29th, so lol they aren't gonna actually answer any hard-hitting ones.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

CapnAndy posted:

Here's my email.

quote:

The rules as posted seem a bit rushed. The rulebook reads like a quick start, especially because numerous concepts— penetrating damage— aren't included in it and therefore don't exist in the rules.

Pulse Wave seems like it got a massive nerf— which would make it vastly less useful— if it targets "1+ characters" (which it inherently does) and Quake's similar wording means the single-target addition from the 2017 rules changes is gone.

Are we going to see an actual rulebook and a fixed PAC? This can't be the full rules or correct wording on the PAC. I've never seen a final product this rushed and flawed since I started playing in 2004.
drat, I forgot The Phrase That Pays™ in the subject line. Ah, well. It's not like they were going to read it on-air.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "
I think I'll go with an even 300 of Amazons, all from the Wonder Woman set.

Wonder Woman, Princess of Themyscira
Grail
Hippolyta
Prime Donna Troy
Amazon of Bana-Mighdall

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

I gave numbers based on the orders teams were submitted and asked random.org to pair us up.

Round 1.
Me V Torrent
Andy V Maniac

Lets give a week and a day for games

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
So I've been thinking about jumping into heroclix with my kids and finally ordered the justice league starter set today. If things go well, what sets or packs should I follow it up with? I haven't played clix since heroclix first came out, and I preferred Mechwarrior back then haha.

I was wanting to start a game that my 6 and 8 year old could enjoy as much as I do and have us starting on the same-ish level and learn together.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

Elblanco posted:

So I've been thinking about jumping into heroclix with my kids and finally ordered the justice league starter set today. If things go well, what sets or packs should I follow it up with? I haven't played clix since heroclix first came out, and I preferred Mechwarrior back then haha.

I was wanting to start a game that my 6 and 8 year old could enjoy as much as I do and have us starting on the same-ish level and learn together.

This is actually a pretty good time to start playing the game. There's a major rules revision coming out in conjunction with the new Wonder Woman set that releases in two weeks. The rules changes are being met with a mixed reaction, to be charitable, but starting with them is better than having to shift to them.

That Wonder Woman set will have a 10-figure starter designed for new players. Each figure has two dials, one simpler and intended to introduce people to the game, and then one more complicated once you get the hang of things. That would be my #1 suggested purchase.

Beyond that... the game is kind of in a transition period right now, what with the big shift in the rules. Most sets that have come out in the past few years are pretty viable, gameplay-wise, so it can largely just be a matter of what characters you want to collect. That being said, starting two sets ago, they decided to make all of the figures larger. So, if you want to keep everything in the same scale, that would be the X-Men: House of X and Fantastic Four: Future Foundation sets, in addition to the upcoming Wonder Woman set.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Torrent's advice is good, but now is an especially good time to start because you can just play on roll20 with us. With all of the figures ever, for free!

You can do a lot worse than getting lessons from Morand, who is legit one of the best heroclix players in the entire world. (I'm just the chump who has to play him every week, which makes me pretty good just because look who I have to try and keep up with.)

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

CapnAndy posted:

Torrent's advice is good, but now is an especially good time to start because you can just play on roll20 with us. With all of the figures ever, for free!

You can do a lot worse than getting lessons from Morand, who is legit one of the best heroclix players in the entire world. (I'm just the chump who has to play him every week, which makes me pretty good just because look who I have to try and keep up with.)

I am in fact super happy to do this and we like new blood!

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
I'd love to play online! How do you play with Roll20 though? Are there fan addons or something like TTS?

My JLU starter gets here tomorrow and if my kids enjoy it I'll go in on a wonderwoman starter and some boosters at least. I'm excited to be jumping it though!

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Elblanco posted:

I'd love to play online! How do you play with Roll20 though? Are there fan addons or something like TTS?

My JLU starter gets here tomorrow and if my kids enjoy it I'll go in on a wonderwoman starter and some boosters at least. I'm excited to be jumping it though!

It requires nothing except internet.

You want in on the tournament we are doing? It's all virtual and only one game a week so low pressure. Just make a 300 point team and you can have the first round bye. We might be able to get you into this round to observe as well so you can see roll 20.

Just let me know

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007
Just watched the Q&A. Twenty minutes "answering" questions, 10 minutes doing a mini interview with Kennie.

Why was the JWFF Penguin and Con Exc Blackbird banned from silver age? "Errata is too hard for some things and there are too many ID cards we don't know what to do about."

Any more info about Silver Age or Silver Age events? "We can't say right now."

When will we get a Comprehensive Rulebook? "When it's done." (Technically, they said it would come out at or around WW80's release date)

2020 Con exclusives? "We can't say right now."

Pulse Wave and Quake? "The former only deals one damage, the latter only two."

Heavy Objects? "Heavy objects only deal +1 damage."

Can fliers carry fliers? "Yes."

*Edit* Correction made on Comprehensive Rulebook.

Mutant Headcrab fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Mar 29, 2021

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Deciding that nerfing two powers into the ground is better than just admitting they put a typo in the PAC is certainly... a choice.

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007
Having Kennie Pena do the Q&A feels like a mistake. Dude seemed super uncomfortable being on camera, especially when answering questions that he knew weren't going to be well received (like the Pulse Wave/Quake or heavy object questions).

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

So heavy objects serve literally no point anymore. You’re always better playing light objects so you can use them. This is spectacularly short sighted and dumb.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I suppose they are still hindering terrain for line of fire.

Sigh.

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007

Steve Vader posted:

I suppose they are still hindering terrain for line of fire.

Sigh.

Maybe. That's pending the release of the Comprehensive Rulebook. The Core Rulebook doesn't say anything about objects acting as any kind of hindering.

It is not a joke saying that Super Strength has been rendered useless for anything but generating KNOCKBACK.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

If the core rulebook is any guide, we'll be lucky if we get a line defining objects at all.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Mutant Headcrab posted:

Maybe. That's pending the release of the Comprehensive Rulebook. The Core Rulebook doesn't say anything about objects acting as any kind of hindering.

It is not a joke saying that Super Strength has been rendered useless for anything but generating KNOCKBACK.

KNOCKBACK which is now also loving useless.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

Mutant Headcrab posted:

The PAC says that 'an otherwise clear line of fire that crosses a square containing a heavy object becomes hindered.' Why it's on the PAC and not in the rulebook, who knows. Certainly not WizKids.

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007

Torrent posted:

The PAC says that 'an otherwise clear line of fire that crosses a square containing a heavy object becomes hindered.' Why it's on the PAC and not in the rulebook, who knows. Certainly not WizKids.

Completely missed that! Thanks for the heads up.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Reminder that round 1 games are due by Wednesday. Torrent and I are doing ours tonight.

Side note, none of the usual roll20 places appear to have anything for wonder woman, so anyone who's using WW pieces may need to get creative with their dial uploads.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "
Sculpts are up on the WK figure gallery, at least.

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007

Torrent posted:

Sculpts are up on the WK figure gallery, at least.

They've been there for a couple weeks now, I think. Still no render galleries for the previous Marvel sets though.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

The Secret Six defeated the amazons 300-0.

Too much outwit, despite the six missing many many attacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

FYI, due to the Fuckery of Circumstances™, Andy and I won't be able to get to our game until Thursday evening. Things got in the way tonight and I'm tied up on Wednesday nights.