Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plant MONSTER.

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
who here loves pepperettes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plant MONSTER.

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
mods change the thread tag to something yummy didnt meant to do poo poo post.

Plant MONSTER.

MMM PEPPERETTES

Heather Papps

hello friend

pep pep pep pep pepperette

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Plant MONSTER.

is she cool is she lame is she pepperette
pepperette pepperette nanananananananaa
pepperette pepperette in a MILLION

to the tune of pepper-ann

biosterous

they're pretty good op

they remind me of canoe trips, since that's usually the context for eating them

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Plant MONSTER.

pepperettes in a canoe, much joy you'll accrue
pepperettes in a kayak, you will soon yack

Plant MONSTER.

canadian proverb

Heather Papps

hello friend

put the cured meat in my mouth please

Plant MONSTER.

going to the eglise but instead of getting pain de vie u get cut pepperette slices

Gramps

yet another part of Canadian culture that just makes me want to move there

alnilam

not much what's a pepperette with you

Twenty Four

At first i thought maybe this was like a peppermint but I guess it is just like a beef stick or slim jim or whatever? I can get behind that!

Finger Prince

I never really considered that a pepperette was a Canadian thing, since slim jims are American and I figured they must have the artisanal equivalent there.
Strange to think that people would be amazed that you can walk into any small town gas station or convenience store or grocery and choose from a variety of locally made wrinkled up shelf stable meat sticks from a jar on the counter, just pull one out with your hands or maybe tongs if you're fancy (don't worry, germs cannot survive on a pepperette).
Perhaps I will get some and share with the thread.

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

I'm ready to SNAP INTO A PEPPERETTE tbh

Plant MONSTER.

Finger Prince posted:

I never really considered that a pepperette was a Canadian thing, since slim jims are American and I figured they must have the artisanal equivalent there.
Strange to think that people would be amazed that you can walk into any small town gas station or convenience store or grocery and choose from a variety of locally made wrinkled up shelf stable meat sticks from a jar on the counter, just pull one out with your hands or maybe tongs if you're fancy (don't worry, germs cannot survive on a pepperette).
Perhaps I will get some and share with the thread.

I actually only learned that pepperettes were a canadian phenomenon. Our slim jims are called hotrods btw

Heather Papps

hello friend

when the queen came to canada we tried stuffing her with pepperettes and she did not like it

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

:hmmno:

Ventral EggSac

I came in here thinking this is what canada called banana perppers or pepperoncinis

I am vegetarian

Gramps

to be fair

I only know about pepperettes because of Letterkenny. Obviously I've had them in various forms but it sure sounds like the canadian variety is superior

Heather Papps

hello friend

Manifisto

Plant MONSTER. posted:

is she weird, is she white, does she snack on pepperettes
and her mouth has no room

ty nesamdoom!

hot cocoa on the couch

for a long time i worked in a food distribution warehouse and i got product at cost, and i would buy these 4 kg cases of pillars pepperettes for like $25-$30, and eat them regularly as my post-work beer + meat/cheese snack. now tho i go up to the st. jacobs farmers market instead and buy these dope rear end landjaegers which, while more expensive, are the best pepperette i've ever had (honorary pepperette status, doesn't matter that they're tyrolean or w/e)

i fuckin love shriveled up dried meat

https://i.imgur.com/W7qTiB3.mp4

a LEGENDARY sig by the LEGENDARY LAP

Plant MONSTER.

My friend says I have to try a brand called Grimms

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

for a long time i worked in a food distribution warehouse and i got product at cost, and i would buy these 4 kg cases of pillars pepperettes for like $25-$30, and eat them regularly as my post-work beer + meat/cheese snack. now tho i go up to the st. jacobs farmers market instead and buy these dope rear end landjaegers which, while more expensive, are the best pepperette i've ever had (honorary pepperette status, doesn't matter that they're tyrolean or w/e)

i fuckin love shriveled up dried meat

:kimchi: heartwarming, like two pepperettes connected at their tips.

Heather Papps

hello friend

if you ever see hewitt farms jerky or pepperrettes while buying gas, i highly recommend them.

also please check out the website for the services they offer: https://hewittcountrymeats.ca/

e:

Heather Papps fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Mar 22, 2021

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

I did not know about pepperettes until this thread. Byob is a place of learning

Finger Prince

I went to the market and took pictures of many of the different pepperettes available there.

Long regular and turkey pepperettes (mild and hot) from the deli!

Artisinal Stickini™ (pepperettes)!

Pepperette selection from one of the butchers!

Exotic meat pepperettes!

Home made pepperettes from the Ukrainian deli!

I bought a honey garlic Pepperette from the tiny sad looking Ukrainian lady. I don't know why she looks sad, I think I may have caught her mid-sneeze. In hindsight this may have not been a good decision but I did not notice this until I looked at the picture. It's fine. I'm sure it's fine.
The pepperette is a little dry tbh, but it's pretty tasty and snaps like a twig.

Finger Prince

https://i.imgur.com/jcxRkFa.gifv

take the moon

by sebmojo
im :canada: and ive never heard of a pepperette

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

cruft

Ventral EggSac posted:

I came in here thinking this is what canada called banana perppers or pepperoncinis

I am vegetarian

100% same

cruft

Gotta say though, this is the best use of this thread tag that I have ever seen.

Rags to Liches

future skeleton soldier

Heather Papps posted:

put the cured meat in my mouth please

Heather Pepps

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
So maybe one of the first times I've tried jerky was at the gift shop of a Native American museum village. It was superb! Then I tried various commercial jerkies over the years trying to chase that dragon but they are nowhere near as flavorful. Such a disappointment. But I guess it's good I don't have ready access to that delicious stuff since it's likely not very healthy.

On that note: My ethnicity's cuisine can be quite unhealthy as well. I mean there is probably a way to eat it without killing yourself but the standards are not exactly the Mediterranean Diet. And yet I feel like I'm somehow not being authentic when I try eating Med. Being neurotic is weird.

Bright Bart fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Apr 2, 2021

biosterous

take the moon posted:

im :canada: and ive never heard of a pepperette

ttm eat the pepperette

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Escape From Noise

The pepperent is too drat high!

nut

biosterous posted:

ttm eat the pepperette

Wilmott Snipes

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
I had those here in Arizona, really good! They called them pork sticks though...and you get them from a place called the pork shop. :geno:

Escape From Noise

What if I'm a pipette enthusiast? Is that close enough?

Ventral EggSac

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Every time I see this thread I get the Pepper Ann theme song stuck in my head now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

So they're kind of spicy, skinny landjäger?