Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

chapos good actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

where are the chapbros at?

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Smithers! Charpo is coming!

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\
Smithers, have Pod Save America killed.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

stealie72 posted:

Smithers, have Pod Save America killed.

I feel like this whole derail was worth it for the ugly laugh I had at this post

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Starting a new podcast Csupo Trap House please sign up to my patreon.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

We're living in the Bad Universe and there is no Propaniac

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
You didn't call out the pun in Texas City Twister? It's pretty juvenile and you run a classy pod so it's understandable

Analytic Engine fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Apr 2, 2021

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Analytic Engine posted:

You didn't call out the pun in Texas City Twister? It's pretty juvenile and you run a classy pod so it's understandable

Is it a reference to the "titty twister"? Those were around in my youth but we never added the word "Texas" to it.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

bobservo posted:

Is it a reference to the "titty twister"? Those were around in my youth but we never added the word "Texas" to it.

I didn't either but it's A Thing according to anecdotal Googling

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Apr 16, 2021

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I was watching a 5 year old episode of Another Period, an absolutely ugly, mean, super-dark comedy that I'm sure both Henry and Bob would or do hate, and there was a joke about the Harvard to Simpsons pipeline! Thank you Talking Simpsons for teaching me why that was funny.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I was watching a 5 year old episode of Another Period, an absolutely ugly, mean, super-dark comedy that I'm sure both Henry and Bob would or do hate, and there was a joke about the Harvard to Simpsons pipeline! Thank you Talking Simpsons for teaching me why that was funny.

I feel like for the sugar I remember them talking about Eagleheart that they'd be all about Another Period.

Also both of those shows are some excellent April 1 "live action cartoon" territory. Hey here's the start of my campaign to make next April's WAC! Movie into Eagleheart: Paradise Rising.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Another Period has Dipper from Gravity Falls as a main character, so that's another point in its favor.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Another Period is way better than it has any business being, I've really enjoyed watching through the first two seasons. I don't know how it got three seasons. I don't know how it has so many good guest stars. It's baffling. It's cartoonish, over the top, in your face, and it's also full of subtle smart jokes. I don't know how these things are both true.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Just listened to The Computer Wore Menace Shoes, in the vaccine part you could have brought up the real-world analog to the X-Files plot where the CIA ran a vaccine campaign in Pakistan to get DNA samples to help track down Osama Bin Laden! It put a big dent in the efforts to eradicate the last global pools of polio by making people so distrustful of vaccine campaigns there.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I finally got around to becoming a Patron despite the hours upon hours of content I have already listened to. Catching up on the Mission Hill episodes and loving every moment!

Thank you for keeping me entertained at work while I sort endless test tubes.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Toonzone talk brought me back. Did you lurk or post there Bob? Names like Matt Wilson, Livingfruitvirus, and Landstander are dancing through my head.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Bob and Henry are on today's episode of WHM talking about the Simpsons Movie!! Holy poo poo!!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

More talking ugly about Le Show. Tsk tsk tsk

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Good episode about Rocky and Bullwinkle. Just want to give a nerd reference. Ptomaine is a substance found in decaying plants and animals that was thought to cause food poisoning back then.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Really enjoyed the Simpson and Delilah episode y'all did with Mark Malkoff.

Please watch Harvey Firestein's movie version of his play Torch Song Trilogy, if you want more insight into his Karl character. it's on HBO right now, and is really good!

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

looks like we've lost Virgil on the episodes with Matt :/

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

That’s probably a good thing:
https://twitter.com/jenniferseberg/status/1402491956408713219

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
lotta bad luck with guests lately huh

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Griffin is talking up a storm and I love every minute. Pure Simpsons nerd energy, a perfect balance to the episodes where Bob and Henry carry the show

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Analytic Engine posted:

Griffin is talking up a storm and I love every minute. Pure Simpsons nerd energy, a perfect balance to the episodes where Bob and Henry carry the show

His observation about there being a distinct 21st century cultural landscape for 21 months up to 9/11 is something that immediately grabbed my interest and made me want to investigate.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Griffin is such a perfect guest. Blank Check is one of my favorite podcasts and it's nice hearing him talk about Simpsons.

Also everyone needs to watch The Tick on Prime. I'm sad it only lasted two seasons.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
Also throwing in my love for Griffin as a guest and hoping he returns!

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
I did not expect to listen to a WAC Movie podcast length episode about a very C+ Simpson’s episode but Griffin Newman was a great guest.

helsabot
Apr 25, 2005
This is the worst vacation ever.
on the flip side i found him nearly unlistenable, way too rambling without being funny or interesting or able to form some kind of personal connection. oh well

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
watching s32e15 and laughing a lot. can't wait to hear Bob and Henry's take on it in 15 years!

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
i may need to be put down. every reference, moe just being Columbo, or line by j.j.abrams has me cackling.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Joining the Griffin S-tier squad.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Downtown Griffy Newms is a great fit for the podcast.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
i didn't care for him at all. different tastes lol

more professor gascan from the capitol critters epi of what a cartoon. really enjoyable listen to a truly boring show.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Professor Has an should come back when they do Fish Police as an ABC companion show.

Why was it so hard to not make an animated show for primetime that wasn't a giant turd?

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
I finally got around to watching the suggested Art Clokey documentary and it is incredible what a terrible decision it was to have Gumby and Pokey do the narration. Such poor taste!

https://youtu.be/iQVpRxUwi8U

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!
Last few hours left on the Patreon miniseries poll, and it's neck-and-neck between Batman and Duckman, with Batman in a slight lead. Is Duckman destined to lose yet again? Only YOU can decide!

https://www.patreon.com/posts/vote-on-fall-54232584

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Only cowards don't vote for Duckman