Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

CPL593H posted:

That's pretty wacky and I don't think I would have been able to keep a straight face.
I probably would have shouted out The Brothers Solomon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

LesterGroans posted:

It legitimately makes me really happy. It was cool go see in the making of episode of W/ Bob & David that he's still a pretty sharp writer too (he takes a pretty standard David Cross concept and gives it a really funny twist). Odenkirk rules.

It's also funny to me when my mom tells me she saw a tv show or movie "with Saul in it".

I went to a live show with Bob, David, and Brian Poshen and it was basically a live stage version of Mr. Show and between that and With Bob & David it's pretty clear that they've still got it. They opened with this whole meta bit about the Mr. Show name being bought by some company in China and they had Bob come out in this weird mascot head and Mickey Mouse type gloves explaining that it was a licensed show called The Mr. Show Experience. There was no opener or build up to the start of the show it just started abruptly with David Cross talking (in character as an audience member) from the audience and then Bob appeared on the stage and they had this whole back and forth with David Cross basically saying nothing but mumbly unintelligible nonsense. I'm so glad I got to go to that.

Debbie Does Dagon posted:

The Horror Thread could probably give you a lot of great suggestions.

La Casa Lobo, The Strange Colour of Your Body's Tears, Knife+Heart, One Cut of the Dead, and Stranger by the Lake are all great, non-traumatic, and on Shudder right now. They also have Asylum if you want to stay bad awesome and British.

I have it on good authority that he's already been nagged repeatedly into watching Knife + Heart.

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!

Debbie Does Dagon posted:

The Horror Thread could probably give you a lot of great suggestions.

La Casa Lobo, The Strange Colour of Your Body's Tears, Knife+Heart, One Cut of the Dead, and Stranger by the Lake are all great, non-traumatic, and on Shudder right now. They also have Asylum if you want to stay bad awesome and British.

I haven't reacquainted myself with CineD since my recent half-return to SA, so that hadn't even occurred to me.

Just hit play on Knife+Heart. Thanks for the recommendation.

And I seriously can't say enough about Ganja & Hess. I hadn't heard of it until I was watching a documentary on Black horror movies on Shudder and have no idea how it completely slipped under my radar.

CPL593H posted:

I have it on good authority that he's already been nagged repeatedly into watching Knife + Heart.

gently caress you you're not my real dad

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Geekboy posted:

gently caress you you're not my real dad

Ummmm, I have some news that might be hard for you to accept. And:

WATCH DON'T POST.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

this is one of my favorite pieces of movie trivia

quote:

In the commentary, Adam McKay said that they originally went to Catalina Island for location shots, and discovered that he didn't really like it. Instead, they shot on the coast. Catalina Island appears in several shots, and McKay chose not to have it digitally edited out, as a joke.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

My short film somehow got second price at the Icelandic horror film festival:

Next year I plan to hit number one.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
thats dope, congrats!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

FreudianSlippers posted:

Cool. Is it streaming anywhere?

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

FreudianSlippers posted:

Mazel tov!

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

FreudianSlippers posted:

Nice! Congratulations. Anywhere we can see it?

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FreudianSlippers posted:

hell yeah

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

pospysyl posted:

Nice! Congratulations. Anywhere we can see it?

It's on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6L1Yzc8sFw

Although the YouTube version has slightly worse sound than the festival submitted version and is missing this title card

Basically it's something I threw together in a couple of days during Lockdown and I wanted to make a quarantine film where I did literally everything. The book cover is custom made using some random psychic I found on Wikimedia commons but with Young Travolta's hair and Tom Selleck's moustache to make it more 70s.

The film that won first place had actual famous actors and a decent budget allowing for scenes with dozens of extras and enough special effects to require a special effects supervisor. Basically a blockbuster by horror short film standards.

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Mar 21, 2021

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I think I remember you sharing the book cover when you first made it.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

FreudianSlippers posted:

That's awesome, congrats!

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

FreudianSlippers posted:

Right on

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

FreudianSlippers posted:

Congrats man! That's awesome! I hope you will make many more.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know horror anthology shows aren't a unique format and Tales From the Crypt in no way invented them but the Creepshow tv series really did manage to be a lovely Tales From the Crypt knockoff.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Tales From the Crypt had a ridiculous amount of talent behind it and was a tent pole for HBO for a while. It’s a high watermark to clear.

I’m grateful for the Creepshow series. It’s not changing the face of horror anthologies or anything, but it stands comfortably next to other fun series like Tales From the Darkside, Monsters, and Masters of Horror.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

ruddiger posted:

Tales From the Crypt had a ridiculous amount of talent behind it and was a tent pole for HBO for a while. It’s a high watermark to clear.

I’m grateful for the Creepshow series. It’s not changing the face of horror anthologies or anything, but it stands comfortably next to other fun series like Tales From the Darkside, Monsters, and Masters of Horror.

I watched the first two episodes and was very underwhelmed. Does it get better from there?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

CPL593H posted:

I watched the first two episodes and was very underwhelmed. Does it get better from there?

Not really. But then again, my favorite episode is the doll house episode.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I mean the original Creepshow film was Romero's loveletter to the same EC comics Tales From the Crypt is based on so it's not surprising a show vaguely based on a movie vaguely based on 50s horror comics is a bit derivative.

I've still not watched the show because I love the movie and I don't expect it to be on the same level.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
It's not even close. Bless the team for being overly ambitious based on their budget, but the show is like a bunch of college kids making Creepshow fanfilms. It's really endearing and its heart is definitely in the right place, but it's not even close to Tales from the Crypt and a mile away from the film.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

FreudianSlippers posted:

I mean the original Creepshow film was Romero's loveletter to the same EC comics Tales From the Crypt is based on so it's not surprising a show vaguely based on a movie vaguely based on 50s horror comics is a bit derivative.

I've still not watched the show because I love the movie and I don't expect it to be on the same level.

Oh I'm aware of that but this abandons pastiche for ripoff. It's even hosted by a cackling animatronic ghoul. The show sucks, don't bother. Now I just want to watch Tales From the Crypt.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It's a shame they couldn't get it on HBO Max. Hopefully they can work something out with the licensor.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

People are flocking to take selfies with the volcano

One dude got lost and spent 9 hours walking in circles in the wilderness, badly dressed, with no food or water, in lovely weather, with his 9 year old son and had to be rescued by search and rescue. He didn't even get to see the erruption.

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Mar 22, 2021

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

FreudianSlippers posted:

i think you should use this as your next horror short. taking selfies by a volcano and the unthinkable happens... LAVA DEMONS

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

FreudianSlippers posted:

One dude got lost and spent 9 hours walking in circles in the wilderness, badly dressed, with no food or water, in lovely weather, with his 9 year old son and had to be rescued by search and rescue. He didn't even get to see the erruption.

What the gently caress?

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

FreudianSlippers posted:

A Field in Iceland

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
How many people peed in the lava?

Asking for a friend.

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Grendels Dad posted:

Asking for a friend.

great

now one of my life’s great ambitions is peeing in lava

thanks for that

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Geekboy posted:

great

thanks for that

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

FreudianSlippers posted:

I think once I get vaccinated I’m going to Iceland this July!!

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Grendels Dad posted:

All of them.

The smell was deafening.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Grendels Dad posted:

Asking for a friend.
lava monster reaching out and burning off someone's dick seems like a fun variation of that jumpscare

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Geekboy posted:

great

thanks for that

good to see you back!

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

MacheteZombie posted:

good to see you back!

I follow enough of you on twitter and such that it’s sorta like I never left.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Geekboy posted:

I follow enough of you on twitter and such that it’s sorta like I never left.

Twitter is trash for babies.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

CPL593H posted:

Twitter is trash for babies.

It could at least be as entertaining as a Jerry Springer show but often can be miserable

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
This is much less cool than a volcano in local weather news but it's rainy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Robot Jox owns, that's about all I need to say about it.

FreudianSlippers posted:

Dudes rock.