Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

In one of the replies I saw someone say that Valorant should be part of the test suite

Like, I get that it's a popular game, but the thing will also run on a toaster. Who needs to know so badly whether a 6700XT is capable of running it well?

valorant runs on a fork of UE4s mobile renderer, the tech is literally designed to run on phone GPUs lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Kerbtree posted:

Lol at ‘integrity’ of his brand. This post is sponsored by Raid: Shadow Legends

Oh no a phone game!

Someone call the cops!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The Raid joke is not about it being a phone game, it’s about them trying to literally sponsor anyone who’s ever put a video on YouTube.

NicelyNice
Feb 13, 2004

citrus
Personal pet peeve of mine when people call people working a regular office job "lazy" for perceived quality issues (this happens a lot with game developers). I'm sure the team working hard to produce Linus' videos are not just sitting around on the couch instead of running benchmarks with whatever games this dude imagines should be included. Call it editorial, business, or project management priorities, but I doubt it is "laziness"

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Given the bulk of the channel's content part reviews feel almost perfunctory. They have to do them since they're tech youtubers, but it's a thousand miles away from being their main area of focus.

Given their audience they also have to not be GN and whatever you think of their test suite or methodology, I can't think of a time when the ordering of their performance stack broke with consensus.

E: also apperently people flipped their poo poo when linus did a RAID: Shadow Legends spot and he said he wouldn't do it again, though iirc the outrage was more on the very personal language RAID ads use? I only saw his comments on it, not the blowback itself.

Fantastic Foreskin fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Mar 20, 2021

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

njsykora posted:

The Raid joke is not about it being a phone game, it’s about them trying to literally sponsor anyone who’s ever put a video on YouTube.

Well let's not forget he literally just shilled for Nicehash too

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

At the very least he should've done what one vtuber did and have a Raid hat, foam finger and "I <3 Raid" badge made for the video. Maybe stop short of the ASMR though, I don't need to hear Linus ASMR.
https://twitter.com/nyannyanners/status/1344007745653985280

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Linus has way more GPUs for this Verified Gamer promo than I thought. He's got 500.

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

His reason for delaying the launch another week was that their gamer verification system wasn't working. I can't imagine how he's going to verify gamers, and to add to that I'll bet the majority of scalpers and miners are gamers as well anyway, so they should have no trouble getting through the verification.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I have to say I cannot loving wait to see what this verification system is.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

It's how many insulated water bottles you've bought, LTTstore.com

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Age-bracketed fps tournament, but each grouping plays a different game.

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

Age-bracketed fps tournament, but each grouping plays a different game.

the over 40 crowd pulls out 8800 ultra SLI setups to play Q3 CPMA with lod bias at -4

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Nice Van My Man posted:

His reason for delaying the launch another week was that their gamer verification system wasn't working. I can't imagine how he's going to verify gamers, and to add to that I'll bet the majority of scalpers and miners are gamers as well anyway, so they should have no trouble getting through the verification.

Also delayed because they didn't realize they had to show US customers the full post-tariff price in the shopping cart in the store and their store wasn't able to do that before.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
How do you work out if someone is a gamer anyway? Number of N-words said?

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Number of Steam games owned.

Something our forum has ensured good coverage for in the past.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2
My voice is my passport. Verify me.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

it's a rorschach style flashcard test, except they show the EA logo

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
You have to submit a selfie with the piss bottle collection

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
https://twitter.com/coreteks/status/1373580072309915651

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/TwitterGaming/status/1373750870798704641
Portal 1 is almost 14 years old.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Yes, but only when averaged with atmospheric Dorito PPM and number of moms bedded last night.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Lmao.

This is so loving good.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

I don't get it. What is their point?

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Charles posted:

Probably feels that everyone ganged up on him cause he tried to poo poo on Linus but he’s still a good you tuber.

That’s the only thing I can take away from that dumbassery.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Charles posted:

I think it's the guy who called LTT a fraud saying "whatever guys LTT is still bad"

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Listen, he's mad at Linus because Linus sucks, not because Linus is Canadian. This has NOTHING TO DO with Linus's Canadian-ness. You're the real xenophobic rear end in a top hat for calling into question the idea that this could be about anything other than how bad Linus is, like, for example, how much I hate Canadians.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

i've never seen any of this person's videos or heard of them until now. is this just a publicity stunt? i looked through their channel and they mention being "shadow banned" on youtube and calling for a new platform to be created. perhaps a parler for "tech journalism!?"

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Sounds like they'd like Floatplane.

:smuggo:

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Acer Pilot posted:

i've never seen any of this person's videos or heard of them until now. is this just a publicity stunt? i looked through their channel and they mention being "shadow banned" on youtube and calling for a new platform to be created. perhaps a parler for "tech journalism!?"

I watched a few of their videos months ago and I'd rank them in the same category as Adored and MLID, that is to say I told youtube to stop showing me things from this channel. Think I made the right call.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Isn't Coreteks the one that claimed Ampere would have a raytracing co-processor on the back of the PCB for some reason?

Purgatory Glory
Feb 20, 2005

repiv posted:

Isn't Coreteks the one that claimed Ampere would have a raytracing co-processor on the back of the PCB for some reason?

It doesn't?:smug:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Look, I don't watch LTT for insightful reporting or fair and balanced coverage of industry news. That's what Steve is for.

I watch LTT to watch the techtube equivalent of the Always Sunny gang gently caress up expensive electronics in hilarious ways. It's Jackass for people who have thousand dollar PC building hobbies.

With that out of the way, this Coreteks drama is exactly the content I follow them for.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

“Stay tuned SOON for more Verified Actual Gamer drops

Sorry, we are currently out of stock.”

The quiz was to know the last two digits of the Konami code and if you put “Konami code” into Google the answer is immediately obvious.

I don’t see any indication that he was blocking people from buying multiple cards from him.

I’m not sure this counts as helping, linus

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

spunkshui posted:

“Stay tuned SOON for more Verified Actual Gamer drops

Sorry, we are currently out of stock.”

The quiz was to know the last two digits of the Konami code and if you put “Konami code” into Google the answer is immediately obvious.

I don’t see any indication that he was blocking people from buying multiple cards from him.

I’m not sure this counts as helping, linus

It's helping his bottom line.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

spunkshui posted:

They only had 100 cards to sell, nobody is getting more than one even if they had 2 browsers pre-set with different order info.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Apparently I missed out on the ultimate weeb quiz experience that was waiting for early people at the url.

Stupid job :(

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Let's up the difficulty, what is this character's first name?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Let's up the difficulty, what is this character's first name?

waifu