Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Grumblepuff posted:

Gravy talk! Which house of gravy do you represent? And why is white gravy bad?

https://www.myrecipes.com/extracrispy/kinds-of-gravy

It just tastes like flour to me most of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I actually get more annoyed when ppl signal incorrectly on roundabouts than not signal at all

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I hate when cars hit me

I've been hit by a half dozen cars at this point and none of them have ever stopped

kind of a peeve of mine

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Grumblepuff posted:

Seconding this.

Also, why can't they make anime figures that people (me) actually want?!

Why do I have to wait years and years for a Merlin from Seven Deadly Sins figure, while Slurpy Buttkins from Obscure Anime about Eating Beans gets a limited edition and regular edition figure?!

It's bullshit, and we're not gonna take it anymore!!!

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
People who talk during films. I know it's probably the most common one around but gently caress me it does my absolute nut in. Shut the gently caress up, I'm watching the same loving film as you, if you paid attention maybe you wouldn't have to ask me stupid questions.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I thought you said pet sleeve at first and realized it would be pretty cool to get all my former pets tattooed on my arm. Maybe New School style

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop

fridge corn posted:

I actually get more annoyed when ppl signal incorrectly on roundabouts than not signal at all

My podunk town has added an entire two roundabouts in the last couple of years. Guessing I've been through them 100 times now. I've seen correct signaling maybe 3 times.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

My wife uses turn signals in round abouts and it bothers me.
The whole point is to follow right of way.
You don't need them if you obey traffic laws.
It's superfluous.

E: if it's a multi lane roundabout then that's different, same as if there's a lot of, or weird traffic, then just be courteous.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Mar 22, 2021

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop

Big Beef City posted:

My wife uses turn signals in round abouts and it bothers me.
The whole point is to follow right of way.
You don't need them if you obey traffic laws.
It's superfluous.

What in the gently caress?

No. The whole point is to let other drivers know if you are circling around or turning off. So they can transition smoothly in to the roundabout themselves without having to come to a stop. Its the whole loving point of a roundabout, and turn signals are exactly what every car has to make this work. Not using them makes you a selfish idiot.

Grumblepuff
Dec 29, 2018

You think you taught me a lesson, babe
Betcha think you "got through to me"
No one gets through here anymore
Right

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

It just tastes like flour to me most of the time.

Red-Eye gravy has no flour. Tomato gravy will have little to no "floury" taste. You owe it to yourself to try, because biscuits and gravy are awesome.

Meme Poker Party posted:

It's bullshit, and we're not gonna take it anymore!!!

Fitgirl Demons need figures now!

I always signal at roundabouts because the average Floridian drives like they hate low car insurance premiums and don't play tic-tac-toe because it's "rigged."

Grumblepuff fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Mar 22, 2021

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Tip posted:

I hate when cars hit me

I've been hit by a half dozen cars at this point and none of them have ever stopped

kind of a peeve of mine

Do you regularly wear your +50% stealth tunic or something?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Grumblepuff posted:

Fitgirl Demons need figures now!

Oni-chans rise up!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)
My pet peeve is people not putting their shopping carts back in the corral. And don’t give me any boohoo mothers with young kids can’t leave the kids alone to trek the carts back. It ain’t the mothers with kids who are leaving them out, I have never seen a mother with kids leave their carts out. It’s old people who were able to get their shopping done just fine but suddenly have no energy left to walk an extra 5 paces. It’s also perfectly able young to middle age dudes with no excuse. gently caress em all.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

MakaVillian posted:

Do you regularly wear your +50% stealth tunic or something?

I usually wear a bright red hoodie and I keep an eye on all these fuckers in cars but they're reckless. I've saved myself more times than I've been hit.

And it's not like I'm running out in the road, every time I've been hit I was in a legal crossing.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

My pet peeve is people not putting their shopping carts back in the corral. And don’t give me any boohoo mothers with young kids can’t leave the kids alone to trek the carts back. It ain’t the mothers with kids who are leaving them out, I have never seen a mother with kids leave their carts out. It’s old people who were able to get their shopping done just fine but suddenly have no energy left to walk an extra 5 paces. It’s also perfectly able young to middle age dudes with no excuse. gently caress em all.

If everyone put their cart in the corral the store would hire less workers. Don't let corporations cow you into doing work for them.

Seriously though why do you care? How does this negatively impact your life? Are you feeling bad for the cart pushers who round them up?

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I've got a date later in the week :heysexy:

my last date was video chat and I found it very awkward so this one is gonna be in person but socially distanced outdoors

over the past year I have forgotten how to talk to new people

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Tip posted:

I've got a date later in the week :heysexy:

my last date was video chat and I found it very awkward so this one is gonna be in person but socially distanced outdoors

over the past year I have forgotten how to talk to new people

Just talk about topics that were mentioned in this thread like Julius Caesar and buffalo and uh, lamias...

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Just talk about topics that were mentioned in this thread like Julius Caesar and buffalo and uh, lamias...

imma show up and be like, "THIS IS PAGE 89! WE'RE ONLY TALKING ABOUT HORSESHOE CRABS!" and then text her a bunch of gifs

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I've dated women who acted judgmental about some of my nerdy interests but this lady just told me she can't go out Friday or Saturday nights because she's DMing two RPG campaigns

I think I'm safe

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Dang, TWO campaigns? Thats a lot of time to spend on DnD.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
She wants the D!!!!

nD

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Lady on the streets, freak in the (character) sheets

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i have to run a couple of one shots the next few weekends. I'm going to try one of these new fangled "not 300 pages of rules" systems

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i will be forever tormented by my inability to buy the SAMart beef jerky

loving brexit import laws

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I just finished anime "Darling in the FranXX". A good anime. There were some... questionable ideas in the beginning that made me think it was gonna careen off into weird fanservice territory. I almost gave up on it, but I'm glad I didn't. It pulled up shortly after and a very good show followed. Good story, and a cast of characters that felt surprisingly real. The comments by the last episode was a wall of people saying "I'm totally not crying right now..." and for good reason. Hits you right in the feels.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)

Tip posted:

If everyone put their cart in the corral the store would hire less workers. Don't let corporations cow you into doing work for them.

Seriously though why do you care? How does this negatively impact your life? Are you feeling bad for the cart pushers who round them up?

Do you like having loose carts ram into your car on a windy day? Do you like paying for damage done to your car that could have been prevented by someone taking 5 extra steps? It’s the principle man. We live in a society.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Do you like having loose carts ram into your car on a windy day? Do you like paying for damage done to your car that could have been prevented by someone taking 5 extra steps? It’s the principle man. We live in a society.

have you had a lot of shopping cart damage?

they're pretty lightweight and full of holes, I've never really seen one get caught by the wind and moved at any dangerous speed

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Tip nooooooo

a starchy tuber
Sep 9, 2002

hi yes I'm very normal

Tip posted:

I hate when cars hit me

kind of a peeve of mine

Have you tried not getting hit by a car?

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

promising carl posted:

Have you tried not getting hit by a car?

Tip posted:

I usually wear a bright red hoodie and I keep an eye on all these fuckers in cars but they're reckless. I've saved myself more times than I've been hit.

And it's not like I'm running out in the road, every time I've been hit I was in a legal crossing.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
*Is driving and sees Tip*

Hey, that's the guy who doesn't return his shopping cart!!!

*Swerves into pedestrian crossing*

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I actually do put my cart in the corral, I just don't really care if other people do :shrug:

a starchy tuber
Sep 9, 2002

hi yes I'm very normal

Start beating up their car a la Street Fighter II.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

promising carl posted:

Start beating up their car a la Street Fighter II.

I've saved myself multiple times by slapping a car while screaming

also sometimes their window is open and I manage to scream right into their face

I don't scream "you loving idiot!" or anything just "AHHHHHH!!!"

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

got some really good salmon and tuna and made sushi out of it, also cut the skin off the salmon and left a little meat attached and fried it

oh drat that's good

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Tip posted:

I hate when cars hit me

kind of a peeve of mine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCG7qJAP7Qk

keep working on your personal power

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

unkle cracker

a starchy tuber
Sep 9, 2002

hi yes I'm very normal

Tip posted:

I've saved myself multiple times by slapping a car while screaming

also sometimes their window is open and I manage to scream right into their face

I don't scream "you loving idiot!" or anything just "AHHHHHH!!!"

I feel you. I live in a formerly rural, now very suburban town. Everyone drives cars, there is one bus line (that runs through the county) and nobody knows how to deal with pedestrians.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

promising carl posted:

I feel you. I live in a formerly rural, now very suburban town. Everyone drives cars, there is one bus line (that runs through the county) and nobody knows how to deal with pedestrians.

I live in Portland, Oregon, so they should know better but they're all high on that government weed

mmmmm government weed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I'm gonna watch the 2000 sci-fi horror movie Supernova.

It stars James Spader, Angela Basset, Robert Forster, Lou Diamond Phillips, and Robin Tunney.

https://twitter.com/benmekler/status/1299063795394859009?s=19

Someone shared this tweet in another thread and then someone else made a joke about me having edited it and I felt very seen.